Medal of Honor: Airborne

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Discos
Yet another game a die hard fan of the MOH series is missing out on because I have a PS3, disgraceful.

Anyways, was wondering what the other gamers think of it, give us the reviews if ya can.

I see its set in WW2 again (totally original). So is it just like the previous 2 before it (Euro Assault and Vangaurd)...as in its simply 3 very very long missions that arn't so good.

Smasandian
Was not impressed at all from the demo.

I'm not even bothering renting it.

The noval idea of choosing where to land is great, but the execution of it is brutal. Basically, they give you three green areas and bam, you land in them and your fine, but if you land in the red, your dead.

And horrible, horrible hit detection and horrendus accuracy.

Discos
nightmare dude.

I did hear it was gonna be a huge focus on the whole Paratrooper theme, But accuracy....I'm not so sure with.

Is it at all like when you do parachute mission on GTA: San Andreas? That was a pain in the arse.

What happens when you do land? Would it be the same stuff as the TV Show Band of Brothers? Land no where near where you are supposed to and then try and find your squad?

Smasandian
Nah, basically its an map like anyother map in an WW2 game, but instead of having some scripted event bringing you into battle all you do is have an scripted event in a plane and you fall out and you move to green spots in the map.

That's it.

You can land on buildings, and bridges and stuff, but its no point.

Discos
bummer...They said it would be different from the previous 2, can't believe the series is still going downhill.

I am going to have to be a nark and move towards the Call of Duty franchise. I got the 3rd one with my PS3 and did quite enjoy it and the 4th one is supposed to be set in modern era.

Smasandian
Medal of Honor last good game was Allied Assault.

But even that fails to compare to CoD.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.