Question : Is A Zeppelin Transformer Possible ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
I love Zeppelins, love the size, love the shape , love everything about them.

BUT, using the Bayformers rules (No mass shifting ect) , would a Zeppelin transformer be a viable option ?

Sadako of Girth
Yeah.... I reckon so.

The mass shift rule only gets applied by Bay when it suits him.
Again, the allspark proved that.

But mass shifting aside, much of a zeppelin is frame and thin layers of "skin"(made of whatever,depending which type of Zeppelin).

And as for the non-metallic components, well the TFs seem to be able to have rubber tyres and stuff..... So why not.
Loved your use of the classic oh-the-humanity there.
I saw a Hindenberg doc only last night.

grey fox
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Yeah.... I reckon so.

The mass shift rule only gets applied by Bay when it suits him.
Again, the allspark proved that.

But mass shifting aside, much of a zeppelin is frame and thin layers of "skin"(made of whatever,depending which type of Zeppelin).

And as for the non-metallic components, well the TFs seem to be able to have rubber tyres and stuff..... So why not.
Loved your use of the classic oh-the-humanity there.
I saw a Hindenberg doc only last night.

Channel four ?

Sadako of Girth
LOL Indeed. The very same.

grey fox
LOL Indeed. The very same.

eek! Fellow Englishman !

Whats the weather like ?

Scythe
WTF?!

grey fox
Originally posted by Scythe
WTF?!

I'm english. We watched the same documentary last night. There is an old superstition that when two Englishmen meet the first thing they do is ask each other what the weathers like.

Scythe
Originally posted by grey fox
I'm english. We watched the same documentary last night. There is an old superstition that when two Englishmen meet the first thing they do is ask each other what the weathers like.

We serve food here sir...

Sadako of Girth
Ahhh the weathers pretty miserable this morning.
Traditional Essex Grey. :P

Hows it round your way?

lol Scythe

grey fox
Ahhh the weathers pretty miserable this morning.
Traditional Essex Grey. :P

Hows it round your way?

lol Scythe

Horrible, absolutely foul. Grey , miserable and most likely to erupt in a shower.

Sadako of Girth
Grim.

Scythe
A zeppelin could appear in TF 2 by way of being Hitler's transport that went down in the Atlantic with his cargo of Death-Camels. Camels, strapped with onion bombs... I could see it now, a flamed Grimlock standing next to an equally flamed Optimus, awaiting the appearance of a zeppelin shaped TF with a Decepticon symbol overlapping a swastika. That's so stupid it might actually be funny. Whatever the case, Bay will laugh, hard...

grey fox
A zeppelin could appear in TF 2 by way of being Hitler's transport that went down in the Atlantic with his cargo of Death-Camels. Camels, strapped with onion bombs... I could see it now, a flamed Grimlock standing next to an equally flamed Optimus, awaiting the appearance of a zeppelin shaped TF with a Decepticon symbol overlapping a swastika. That's so stupid it might actually be funny. Whatever the case, Bay will laugh, hard...

That could actually work.

I've read worse things, including a Harry Potter/Transformers crossover

Scythe
Hahaha, are you serious? How hard do the fanboys pat themselves in the back?

grey fox
Hahaha, are you serious? How hard do the fanboys pat themselves in the back?

Deadly serious.

I could link you if you wish.

Scythe
Yes! Dear god yes!

grey fox
Yes! Dear god yes!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3686017/1/More_Than_Meets_The_Eye

Scythe
Holy shit, I will finish reading that later today, hahaha!

Orbius
..I just read the fanfic...and I hope Michael Bay never reads it, because he'd probably want to do it.

Scythe
I hate that f*cker who wrote that stupid shit, especially how he quoted the TF theme song, then gave the props to "Black Lab," wtf?!

Hehehehe.

Orbius
Have to post this since my edit time expired.

Something worse: A 300 crossover.

*At the beginning of Megatron's lust for power and betrayal*

Wheeljack: This is madness! The Autobots will never go for this!

Megatron: Madness? THIS IS CYBERTRON! *Megatron kicks Wheeljack into a pit, then turns and walks away, the camera slowing down.*

Michael Bay, never read this forum, because I know in my heart you'd do some stupid shit like this.

Scythe
Still doesn't beat the HP TF crossover, what was that dude thinking?! Wow...

Orbius
Still doesn't beat the HP TF crossover, what was that dude thinking?! Wow...

Scythe my boy, sometimes Crack can be a 35 year old virgin's still living in his mother's basement best friend.

Scythe
I'm not your boy...

Orbius
That's not what the test results said.

Scythe
Yeah.... about that...

SO anyhoo, back on topic.

Orbius
Scythe...I am your father!

....wait...wrong movie....this movie actually had GOOD love scenes, with good dialogue..Take note Lucas, you 2-dimensional demon.

Anyways, about a Zepplin Transformer, the only problem I could see is the mass-displacement of the balloon part. Unless it'd be like a weird shield around him, otherwise it'd be like wearing a giant parachute....come to think of it, that would make a nice entrance. See this zepplin overhead, then watch it transform and parachute down, then have the balloon part wrap around him like a cape.

Scythe
Better then a snowmobile TF....

grey fox
Nah Classic Cowboys stories are all pretty similar in the sense that they read like cheesy Action movies.

He updates stupidly slowly though, I'm still waiting for a firth chapter of his Naruto/FF7-AC crossover.

Sadako of Girth
Breifly on the subject of the GL love scenes thing, I don't think Lucas was trying to show us your classic good relationship. He was showing us what happens whena lame assed relationship goes hideously wrong.
When things are right they flow well. When its wrong, theres a hideous awkwardness that dogs the whole thing. And thats what we were given in AOTC and ROTS.

Now if your talking about the ESB relationship issues.... then thats where Lucas shows us how f***ed relationships are in his eyes lol
"Duuuuuuuude! Its your sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Orbius
Originally posted by grey fox
Nah Classic Cowboys stories are all pretty similar in the sense that they read like cheesy Action movies.

He updates stupidly slowly though, I'm still waiting for a firth chapter of his Naruto/FF7-AC crossover.

...Naruto/FF7 crossover?...Now I have to kill him.

And I didn't think it was humanly possible, but that HP TF crossover made me hate Potter even more than I already did.

And about the AOTC and ROTS love scenes, he could've atleast given us some dialogue that doesn't make us gag on our own vomit everytime we hear it. Not the "You're so beautiful." "It's only because I'm so in love." What the hell is that?? I've heard some pretty stupid lines, but never that bad.

Scythe
George Lucas knows what love is...?

Orbius
He atleast knows what rape is. That's what he did to his franchise and his fans.

Scythe
That's so gay! To be the only woman on earth raped by Lucas...

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Orbius
He atleast knows what rape is. That's what he did to his franchise and his fans.

Yeah he is an avid student who takes professor Bay's rape class on tuesdays. stick out tongue

The schedule is:

Mon: Rape
Tue: Rape
Wed: Rape
Thurs: Embroidery, Knitting and Rape.
Fri: Rape in the mornings til noon, then a half day.

Sat and Sun: Extra curricular rape, and study of raping childhoods and shattering hopes.

Orbius
Yeah he is an avid student who takes professor Bay's rape class on tuesdays. stick out tongue

The schedule is:

Mon: Rape
Tue: Rape
Wed: Rape
Thurs: Embroidery, Knitting and Rape.
Fri: Rape in the mornings til noon, then a half day.

Sat and Sun: Extra curricular rape, and study of raping childhoods and shattering hopes.

Hah, but atleast we didn't go to the Transformers movie out of nessecity like with Star Wars....Actually, the only reason I went to see the movie was for Peter Cullen as Prime. Honestly, if he didn't come back, I would've never seen it.

Here's a kicker: This one guy I talked to said *john travolta* would've made a good Prime. And he did it with a straight face. It made me laugh for a week. Come to think of it, I can see Travolta as Jazz.

Sadako of Girth
Well I had to go see it Ive been a fan of the franchise he has raped since 84. Hence I feel dicked about.

"You dig it the most" from Pulp Fiction at least had a Jazz like ring to it. Anything'd be better than that goddawful portrayal.

Why Scatman Crothers? Why did you take him 'o lorrrrrrrrrd....?!?!?!

Orbius
I been a Transformers fan all my life, still love to play with the toys muahahah. And I saw the film two different ways.

I saw it as a newcomer to the Transformers world would. Just think, this to some 5 or 6 year old is what the G1 was to us when we were kids.

And I saw it as a fan of the G1, loving everything about them. The movie paid more homage than I thought it would. It entertained me, and I got to see Prime kick ass (which is all I really wanted anyways ;D)

And I did like some of the changes, like Bumblebee has more of a purpose finally, and I kinda enjoyed how they intergrated the humans, you actually get to feel empathy for them.

That said, I believe the only reason you get to see a fraction of the Transformers is that this movie was most likely an experiment more than anything. They wanted to guage our reaction, they had to get the CGI and all that right. So now I think that since they have that down, there'll be some kick ass action in the next movie, because the team knows what to do, they know how to do it, they're ready this time, and hopefully they'll have a bigger budget.

Sadako of Girth
There are more factors that worked against it, for me...
The script,

the sense you can get that it was made by someone with no sense of the spirit of the subject matter at hand,
the way that the decepticons were little more than b-movie RARRRRRRRR villians characterisation wise,

the way that the time spent on the humans could have been spent better than in second hand ID4/alien virus and MIB/cooky fictional investigator storylines,

The designs of the decepticons being do indistinct outlines wise that fast moving combat was too hard to follow... (That bit with Ironhide vs Blackout just before Blackout escapes, transforming, for example)

The overdumbing down of what was at least in comic form, followable sci-fi fantasy that had actual depth and character.

The patheticness of the ending with Megatron being killed by human with a rubik's cube - a human that he had every opportunity to crush/flick/grab the allspark from for a painfully obvious amount of time just prior to the slaying.

I enjoy some aspects of the movie, I still watch it after all, but its mainly for the prettyness/shinyness and I have to ffwd to the tf bits having gotten so bored by all the subplot stuff/other plotholes/pieces of corporate brainlessness after rewatches.

Rachel Taylor and Megan Fox are damned hot too.

Scythe
It was a good action flick, never see these kinds of things as nothing more then a good action flick, and you'll the theater feeling good.

Darth Macabre
Zeppelin? Could be hard due to the hydrogen or Nitrogen, but I don't see why not. I read somewhere that Bay wants an aircraft carrier character in the sequel. If he doesn't use Tidal Wave, the Decepticon from "Armada" as that character, I'm going to be greatly disappointed. I mean, with a name like Tidal Wave, I don't think there's a more suitable Cybertonian; plus, he's huge, too, which just adds to the perfection.

Scythe
Oh my, rumors have spoken of an "old' transformer, maybe it'll be this massive one.

Sadako of Girth
As long as Jimmy Page is involved somewhere it'll all be good.

Good luck getting Bonzo though. wink

Scythe
What a bad idea to make a hydrogen carrying bot. Reminds me of when Megatron decided to make the oil tanker Scourge in RiD. WTF?! That's a ticking timebomb! How stupid can they be?

lft4ded
There's always the triple-changer Broadside. Though in all honesty he and Octane should switch their aerial modes giving Broadside the carrier and jumbo jet leaving Octane the tanker truck and fighter jet.

BetrayedUnicorn
sounds kind of gay to me. what would its name be? zeplaphormis?

grey fox
That's a ticking timebomb! ?

That was my initial idea, the guy would be very hard-wired and focus on explosions and demolitions, so much so that his Alt-mode is technically a giant explosion waiting to happen.

Scythe
Wouldn't that take out both Decepticon and Autobot alike though?

grey fox
Wouldn't that take out both Decepticon and Autobot alike though?

When are transformers ever very sane ? Some of the autobots are pretty damn nuts and the Decepticons lead by example (Namely Megatron)

Sadako of Girth
Yeah but since this is TFs, it'd be feasible for TF anti-gravity to be used or some other method of suspension or propulsion, that could be used to give the appearance that it was suspended by Hydrogen.

Remember that TFs aren't based on our technologies.
And the only have to imitate shape enough to remain incognito.

Scythe
Yeah, that's right.

Doctor-Alvis
The balloon could be a hologram or something, which would leave the actual transformer with a fairly small body.l

Sadako of Girth
Why not, I say..... Hound used enough holograms in the cartoon, and they have holographic drivers too.

Would arguably be a cheap shot when translating to toy version.

Scythe
How would a hologram be used in the toy?

Sadako of Girth
Exactly.

Scythe
It should be inflatable, and you'de step on it really hard to launch missiles like the little air pump that RiD Scourge had, that thing was awesome!

Sadako of Girth
Not very transformersy though, is it..?

More like something you might see advertised in the back of a pron mag.
stick out tongue

Scythe
Well the inflatable blimpy thing could be taken off, I don't know what you're thinkin', hahaha.

Sadako of Girth
Well the thinking behind great TFs almost invariably made every part of the thing stowed on the robot mode. Dumping like most of its mass would be cheating. stick out tongue

And people used to complain about "where did Prime's trailer go to" in the cartoons. Losing half the blimp magically would be 'fridging the nuke'.

Scythe
They sorta fixed it with the toy though, they called it a base remember? In the show, yeah that just puzzled many, but Scourge(RiD), as well as most Prime toy-incarnations had a trailert hat transformed into a base. Maybe this "blimp" bot can have one too.

Sadako of Girth
Okay, now I like that.

Thats very interesting.

Good one. smile

Scythe
Okay, now I like that.

Thats very interesting.

Good one. smile

Well yeah, I highly doubt they'll use a base in any of the live action movies, but maybe a mega weapon of some sorts. Perhaps a laser that's housed within the folds of the balloon.

Sadako of Girth
Liked the full base idea more.

Scythe
That would be cool.

ragesRemorse
HOLY SHIT, a Zeppelin Transformer would be fuking amazing. Everytime it transforms, instead of hearing the traditional robot sound, we hear a brief interlude from Led zeppelin's "whole lotta love" or "trampled underfoot". Now that would be a transformer more bad ass than optimus prime and megatron combined.

Of course a zeppelin transformer is possible, it doesnt have to make sense...,it's a transformer. Do you think the de-transformed version of the robots in the movie can really fit all of that metal into the tiny little vehicle they transform into?

Scythe
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
HOLY SHIT, a Zeppelin Transformer would be fuking amazing. Everytime it transforms, instead of hearing the traditional robot sound, we hear a brief interlude from Led zeppelin's "whole lotta love" or "trampled underfoot". Now that would be a transformer more bad ass than optimus prime and megatron combined.

Of course a zeppelin transformer is possible, it doesnt have to make sense...,it's a transformer. Do you think the de-transformed version of the robots in the movie can really fit all of that metal into the tiny little vehicle they transform into?

I know, a Led Zeppelin 'bot would be insanely cool!

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by ragesRemorse

LOL The propellors could become cymbals for Moby-dick-atron.
The mass change during transform problem could then be explained as "The heavy metal influence".

Scythe
Ahaha, heavy metal influence.

vandalworks
o would say yes. some zeppelin's arent just one big pocket, and contain thousands of pockets, which is mainly in case part of the surface is punctured. if so, it wont affect much of the airship and still work fine.

obviously, its not much use having this as part of teh robot, so perhaps leaving the actual airbag and simply using the smaller body as a robot would be a better option.

Sadako of Girth
*Cough cough "Hindenburg"*

Was that of multi-pocketted design...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.