Ryu & Ken vs Hayate and Ryu Hayabusa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Csdabest
I tried scrolling back but I havent found any vs topics for this. Three rounds best 2 out of 3.

Level 1. Takes place in a Thick Jungle with Multiple beaten paths. Warriors are set on opposite sides. The Jungle 1 mile in length boxed out.

Level 2. Tournament areana. Ring outs count.

level 3. Hell. Demons on Ninja Gaiden Black's Master ninja mode...well Feinds. All the Fiends in the Game of Ninja Gaiden attacking them during the bought.

Discuss

Superboy Prime
Ryu & Ken win both without much trouble. IMO the battle will soon become a handicap match favoring team ansatsuken.

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Ryu & Ken win both without much trouble. IMO the battle will soon become a handicap match favoring team ansatsuken.

I second that. Hayate is the weak link. Once he is out the way, Ryu H. will have a hard time trying to gain the upper hand on Ryu and Ken, who both have experience in fighting handicap matches.

Csdabest
Obviously your are not going to follow scenariors... My vote.

Team ninja wins Jungle match due to stealth capabilities. and have the element of cover and surprised.

lvl 2 Team Hadou for me since its a stand up fight But who knows.

lvl 3 a toss up with the chaos.

shin_gear
Holy shit no, Ryu and Ken lose those fights undeniably.

I can barely see the difference between this match and the Ryu & Li versus Hayabusa and Ayane match. Hayabusa and Hayate speedblitzes their asses in all of the rounds for the easy win. In the first round, Ryu and Ken wouldn't be able to spot Hayate and Hayabusa at the start. They can just simply vanish and appear anywhere they want, not to mention Hayate and Hayabusa's speed which have been displayed quite well in DOA4.
zojoBAANol8GrPynDcls9UYPTXKCrP8R4
Do note that I'm just pointing out their speed and they're ability to ambush and disable opponents very easily. Ryu isn't the Akuma level guy who can withstand being at the bottom of an ocean and "sink" islands. The guy gets cut by glass and even with a little energy gets f*cked up by street thugs in an alley. I don't see how Hayate and Hayabusa wouldn't take this. They're faster, are more versatile, have at least comparable strength overall, have fought much bigger threats one their own, etc.

No chance in hell would I bet on the SF team on this one. I see Team Ninja taking this fairly easy.

Also it's strange seeing Hayate getting underrated the way he is. What has he done to appear like a weakling besides the way he looks. Get owned by Raidou? The guy's one of the strongest people in DOA, can punch people several meters in the air and can deal 20 blows in 4 seconds with one hand tied behind his back...not to mention his ability to copy any technique.

Hayabusa's chi has at least shown to be able to disentegrate people instantly. Ryu's chi has not been able to do that not until he became Evil Ryu.

Hayate and Ken's energy attacks seem pretty close to me.

Hayabusa and Hayate 6.5/10 at the very least.

Csdabest
Im sooo happy some finaly sees that Hayate is not a weekling. Hayate is just as much the weak link in the Team Ninja squad as much as ken is the wink link in team Hadou

shin_gear
I would say.

lightness
1. hayabusa and hayate wins because they are ninjas and used to travelling between trees and using stealth

2.ken&ryu takes this. hayate is not that good and ken/ryu specialize in h2h. so after hayate gets taken out, it's 2 on 1. hayate is not that weak but i don't think he's ever beaten hayabusa, or the girls, as ken has beaten ryu several times.

3.i'm confused. if you mean who kills more demons. hayabusa with the dragon sword.

StyleTime
Originally posted by shin_gear
Also it's strange seeing Hayate getting underrated the way he is. What has he done to appear like a weakling besides the way he looks. Get owned by Raidou? The guy's one of the strongest people in DOA, can punch people several meters in the air and can deal 20 blows in 4 seconds with one hand tied behind his back...not to mention his ability to copy any technique.

Hayate isn't being underrated. You're right that he is strong, but he's consistantly fallen at the hands of the top tier fighters. He would rank top tier as far as fighting games go, but it's at the low end. He would get edged out by most other fighters in his league.

I do agree that losing to Raidou isn't that shameful. Hayate wasn't experienced and everyone was weaker back then. Even Ayane got her ass whooped.

Raidou isn't "one of the strongest in DOA" anymore. By DOA4, several more people could beat him other than just Kasumi.

Fight 1- Team Ninja

Fight 2- Edge to Street Fighter

Fight 3- Team ninja has more experience dealing with that situation. They take this. It's the closest matchup of the 3 though.

shin_gear
Kasumi went on a journey to kill Raidou after taking the sword from the village. She can kill anyone who can get killed by a sword, undeniably, and yes Raidou is one of the strongest in DOA, haha. He has shown better skill and power than most of the DOA fighters.

He's the weakest of the bosses, but when it comes to power and skill, he's ranked at #4 or 5 when it comes to battling without the use of weapons. That doesn't mean of course that people who are weaker than him couldn't beat him.

And LOL @ whoever said team Ansatsuken take it at #2. The battle starts and Ryu and Hayate toss their asses out of the ring. That fight is so ridiculously one-sided I can't even control my laugh at the moment.

Superboy Prime
No surprise you would favor team ninja, gear.

Hayate is a puss. He should just dedicate his life to bangin' Hitomi.

This is very different from Li and Ryu vs Ayane and Hayabusa because:

1. Hand to Hand Hayate is no Ayane. And Ayane can give Chunli a hell of a fight. Ken in the other hand should have no trouble beating Hayate. Sorry. Its just the way I see him.

2. Ryu & Ken's teamplay is much much more cohesive than Ryu & ChunLi. Hayabusa & Hayate may fight well together, but against Ryu & Ken who both constantly fight against each other, train together and even team up every now and then? Not to mention they've known each other and been trained since childhood?

Oh and "LOL."

StyleTime
Kasumi went on a journey to kill Raidou after taking the sword from the village. She can kill anyone who can get killed by a sword, undeniably, and yes Raidou is one of the strongest in DOA, haha. He has shown better skill and power than most of the DOA fighters.

He's the weakest of the bosses, but when it comes to power and skill, he's ranked at #4 or 5 when it comes to battling without the use of weapons. That doesn't mean of course that people who are weaker than him couldn't beat him.

We know Kasumi can beat Raidou. In skill, Raidou has fallen behind most of the DOA fighters who are contenders in the tournaments. Let's get serious, he beat Ayane and Hayate because he was so physically superior to them. There wasn't a whole lot of skill demonstrated there aside from Ayane. The fight was basically him overpowering his niece/daughter and nephew.

I'd actually rank him about #8 or #9 if we don't include the bosses. The DOA cast is much stronger now than they were right after Ninja Gaiden.

On a side note, wow Ayane is....her father's niece....AND daughter. Ninjacest!

Csdabest
I Think Ninja Gaiden should have happened after DOA. Ninja Gaiden Makes it seem like he was taking it easier. Only way I will beleive there was a power increase if Ninja Gaiden 2 came after DOA.

shin_gear
SBP, you haven't mentioned any feats or showings of Ryu and Ken that surpass the showings that I've mentioned of Hayabusa and Hayate, and it's not surprising the person calling Hayate a pussy sides with team Ansatsuken. Ken sure looked like a pussy when getting pwned by a cyborg. Hayate deals with a group of highly-skilled ninjas in a forest in the middle of the night and disables a SWAT team within seconds. Let's see Ken pull that off even with a sword. Oh and for the record, Hayate is a master of Karate and Mugen Tenshin ninjutsu, and was made into a superhuman by DOATEC. Go figure.

Saying Ryu and Ken fight with each other a lot and go out every now and then doesn't explain why they're the better team. Ryu and Hayate fought each other before and are even more of a threat than Ayane and Hayate combined, and once again, they've dealt with far greater threats than what Ryu and Ken have faced.

Also the simple idea that Raidou isn't one of the strongest DOA characters is funny. Even if he was #6 or 7, he'd still be one of the strongest nonetheless.

Superboy Prime
SBP, you haven't mentioned any feats or showings of Ryu and Ken that surpass the showings that I've mentioned of Hayabusa and Hayate, and it's not surprising the person calling Hayate a pussy sides with team Ansatsuken. Ken sure looked like a pussy when getting pwned by a cyborg. Hayate deals with a group of highly-skilled ninjas in a forest in the middle of the night and disables a SWAT team within seconds. Let's see Ken pull that off even with a sword. Oh and for the record, Hayate is a master of Karate and Mugen Tenshin ninjutsu, and was made into a superhuman by DOATEC. Go figure.

Saying Ryu and Ken fight with each other a lot and go out every now and then doesn't explain why they're the better team. Ryu and Hayate fought each other before and are even more of a threat than Ayane and Hayate combined, and once again, they've dealt with far greater threats than what Ryu and Ken have faced.

Also the simple idea that Raidou isn't one of the strongest DOA characters is funny. Even if he was #6 or 7, he'd still be one of the strongest nonetheless.

That cyborg would rip Hayate, and especially that swat team, a new one without trying.

Hayate was made a superhuman by Doatec? And he didn't even beat Hayabusa in DOA2. Face it...titles mean crap. What exactly did he show with his super human power? NOTHING. Thank you, come again.

I brought Ryu and Ken being a better team than Ryu & Chunli. You made the foolish comment to claim you see this fight being the same as Ryu & Chunli vs Hayabusa and Hayate. Don't get angry because the burden is starting to flame your ass.

What exactly is the greater threat Hayate has faced? Genra? He didn't get to him. Tengu...? Nah Hayate didn't get to him. Oh yeah...you mean the swat team. Please, fella, admit how biased your are. Hayate's main feat is owning a swat team...WOOTDE****INGDO.

As for the fight stipulations...

1. Hayate & Hayabusa are more likely to take this one. Being ninjas & all they could come up with different strats to separate and beat Ryu & Ken.

2. All out match in a ring? I say team ansatsuken.

3. You mean...they fight while holding off fiends? Hayabusa has a shitload of weapons...they will fight fiends...Hayabusa uses his weapons annihilates the fiends. Busa solos them while team ansatsuken & Hayate eat popcorn.

---

By the way I am assuming Hayabusa & Hayate do not have weapons for the 1st and 2nd match. Kind of unfair to give it to them.

shin_gear
Oh hush you Remulous wannabe 313dur

StyleTime

He's not even in the top 10 with bosses included. I stop using the "strongest" superlative usually after the top 5 and definitely after the top 10. He may be one of the "stronger" ones, but "strongest" I'd say not.

ThoraxeRMG
Ryu and Ken are dead. big grin

shin_gear
Originally posted by StyleTime
He's not even in the top 10 with bosses included. I stop using the "strongest" superlative usually after the top 5 and definitely after the top 10. He may be one of the "stronger" ones, but "strongest" I'd say not.
Well I'd say he is. It's a matter of opinion after all.

Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Ryu and Ken are dead. big grin Basically. Everyone conceded that they lose the first match for obvious reasons, and weapons are obviously out from the matches, because it would be a curbstomp obviously. Now what I don't get is someone or two are saying team Ansatsuken win the first match when they obviously lose that one even worse. If a ring out constitutes as a loss, then Hayabusa and Hayate only have to throw them out of the ring. They have multiple tag grabs that juggle opponents in the air. Ryu and Ken aren't the type of guys who have control over where they're going to land while air-borne, especially not when they've been slapped around before getting Izuna Dropped. H&H wouldn't fall out of the ring due to their speed and teleportation.

Team Ninja win the third round, again, since Hayabusa has faced those same fiends before, and if he does not have weapons, he can defeat them nonetheless. His energy attacks destroys aircrafts and disintegrates people for one thing. It wouldn't be far-fetched to say Hayate can take Ken while facing off against some fiends.

Ryu and Ken can surely take some fiends on their own, but surely not Hayate and Hayabusa and some random fiends at the same time, at least not the ones from the Fiend Realm. H&H take that one 6/10 at the least.

Superboy Prime
Ryu & Ken do not have control of where they will fall while they are airborne? Where are you getting this from? SF2, Alphas? Because they can actually control their landing in MVC2 if you want to go down the gameplay road. Really bold of you to claim Hayabusa and Hayate win round 2 via instant ringout. Please. They try to grab them they get a nice shoryuken to the face. In fact if your only argument to Hayabusa and hayate winning round 2 is the ringout it clearly shows how a mismatch this is.

shin_gear
I was talking about having control of where they land while getting tag grabbed or Izuna dropped, and they wouldn't have the time to do anything about it either way. The ninjas are simply to fast for them.

And a shoryuken to the face would be pointless, seeing as it takes time to charge up with energy, and can be avoided with speed and/or teleportation. Quite simple.

And that's not the only way they win round two. Hayabusa's energy attacks travel at a very fast rate and disintegrate people in less than a second, as shown in the official DOA4 ending, and take no more than a second to charge up as shown in Hayabusa's DOA4 ending. I'm sure Team Ninja have more than one way of winning round two.

Any of Ryu and Ken's attacks can be avoided due to the ninjas' speed and teleportation.

Superboy Prime
I was talking about having control of where they land while getting tag grabbed or Izuna dropped, and they wouldn't have the time to do anything about it either way. The ninjas are simply to fast for them.

And a shoryuken to the face would be pointless, seeing as it takes time to charge up with energy, and can be avoided with speed and/or teleportation. Quite simple.

And that's not the only way they win round two. Hayabusa's energy attacks travel at a very fast rate and disintegrate people in less than a second, as shown in the official DOA4 ending, and take no more than a second to charge up as shown in Hayabusa's DOA4 ending. I'm sure Team Ninja have more than one way of winning round two.

Any of Ryu and Ken's attacks can be avoided due to the ninjas' speed and teleportation.

The ninjas are fast, but lets not forget Ryu and Ken can dodge bullets with relative ease as well.

I really don't think a simple Shoryuken will take long to charge. Its not a Shinryuken, Shoryureppa or Shin Shoryuken. Just the good ole trusty Shoryuken.

The ninja's speed can grant them a window of oportunity to dodge attacks, but not all of them my friend.

shin_gear
I've seen Ryu dodge bullets. I haven't seen Ken do it.

Not saying the Ans. warriors are doomed, but they do not have greater chances in more than one fight and probably have none in any.

Csdabest
Round 2 comes down to Ken and Hayate. Things about any of the Amazing uppercuts is if you piss you have a a huge opening to get fuxed up. So If Hayate speeds make Ken misses once or twice thats a window for one hell of a rebuttal to kick some arse.

I purposely set up matches for it to either come down to the second or third one. But mainly the third one. Hoping Ryu Shun Goku Satsu(can never get them in the right order) would help even things up abit in the third round...Guess i Was wrong

Superboy Prime
Please, gear. Ryu & Ken are peers. Quite in fact they stalemated when they fought. They were shown as exact equals. One would think Ken would be able to dodge bullets as well.

Same as Kasumi. We have never seen her dodge bullets perse, but considering she tags along the likes of Hayabusa, Ayane & Hayate we can say she can dodge bullets. Especially considering how she is the fastest ninja in the DOA games.

Csdabest
Wow. Ken and Ryu are not equals. Same Tier but not equals. Ryu is more focused than ken and yet a lil bit slower Ryu attacks are stronger and more potent than Ken. Ken is less focus and more unorganized freestyle fighter that is abit faster. People in real life can dodge bullets. Thing is. It takes focus and accuratecy and a keen sense. So just because Ryu can dodge bullets and ken is on the same tier does not give him the ability to dodge bullets

shin_gear
Also people have not mentioned any accomplishments of those two besides Ryu's bullet-dodging feat. Hayabusa blocks automatic fire from multiple machine guns at once with a katana and outruns fire from a helicopter turret.

I've posted videos of H&H doing shit. What I've gotten from someone is Ryu and Ken make a great team and therefore win round 2 because the shoryuken will lead them to victory despite it taking time to energize and being dodgeable.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Csdabest
People in real life can dodge bullets. Thing is. It takes focus and accuratecy and a keen sense.
Um.......what?

shin_gear
He probably meant before the bullet was fired. If someone was pointing a gun at you you can move out of the way before the person fires the bullet.

Csdabest
^^^ thank you. Your correct. Ryu doesnt dodge bullets in the movie. He focus and just moves out of the way of the bullets before they are fired. But its usualy called dodging bullets. They dont let the bullet fire then watch it then hop out of the way.

shin_gear
LOL you're right, but I think in some cases some character dodges a bullet after fire. I think Neo did it once.

Csdabest
Lol thats because neo is amazing. he bends reality basicly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.