Idea for a tourney, The Perfect Super team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
So the idea is simple. You pick a team of 12 that can handle a series of test that some judges would come up with. It's not like the normal everyone fights Tourney. This one would be like herculeses challenges. Where you have to get task done. So this would mean you would need some people on the team who specialize in certain areas. The team would also have to fight the same Bad guy or group of bad guys as the other Team. Who ever comes up with the best way to do each task would get the most points. Then Each team at the end would pick just three of thier members to to battle the other top team's three. The one with the most points wins. These are the specifications of the members of the teams

One Trans lvl
4 Herald lvl members
5Mid tiers
2 Street LvLers One super powered, One Human.

Since teams oftern dont' use all of thier members for each task, Each task that is come up by the judges would limit certain task to certain members of your team. So you must think carefully about who you pick, becuz at any time, a judge may say, none of your flyers can go on a mish. Or they may say, Only telepaths or Only mages can do the mish. So you may end up with one team member going or 4 or none.

So who thinks this tourney would be cool? I would need help becuz I have never hosted a tourney and I would need people who know alot about all comic guys to help judge.

nvrbeenwthagirl
So No one thinks this is a unique type of tourney?

masterbruce
12 is too many...most people will end up with overlapping characters

you should limit it to 3 characters

DigiMark007
Way too many. And this is just after a tourney, and at the same time dg is starting the Battle Zone stuff, which was planned for months. It would be an uphill battle, to put it cautiously. I don't ever want to seem like teh bringer of bad news, and I admire the desire, but the reality is probably that this would have a hard time taking off.

SevenShackles
this seems seriously awesome... i must think.

Laminator_X
The idea has potential, sort of like fantasy sports leagues. As stated though it's not sufficiently well defined. You'd need to have the limits defined ahead of time to make sure nobody gets majorly screwed at random. Having to forfeit your match because of a random limit would not be fun. You could randomly mix and match trials and limits to provide some un certainty.

It would also take a looong time just to draft teams that large, to say nothing of keeping track of who is whom through pages and pages of thread.

Again, the idea has potential, but needs refinement if you are to implement it successfully.

tjcoady
Laminator X, I kinda like your idea of a fantasy sports league, but with superheroes. A huge list of heroes is compiled, and then each participant drafts a team.

Martian_mind
If 12 if is too many,maybe you could make it so characters will likely die in the tourney,meaning very creative strategies are needed,cause if a character dies you can no longer use them.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Martian_mind
If 12 if is too many,maybe you could make it so characters will likely die in the tourney,meaning very creative strategies are needed,cause if a character dies you can no longer use them.

Now that has potential. So that You must lose a character after each trial, until you end up with only so many characters for the final battle. big grin I'll give it more thought and then see if I can get it more together.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.