What if...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
I was just thinking, what if Durge hadn't been "taking a nap" prior to the Clone Wars, and Dooku had selected him to serve as the template for the Clone Army, instead of Jango? Could Durge even be cloned, and then, would the Clones by virtually unkillable, like Durge is? So then, would the Republic have been nearly unstoppable, and have crushed the CIS? And what do you think Durge would have thought about being on opposite sides with his Clones? Would he have fought himself, or would he have switched sides??? I wonder what would have happened if Jango hadn't died during the Battle of Geonosis. Which side would he have taken, would he have fought against the Clones he helped train? What would the Clones think about fighting Jango? Nothing?

0°Mandalore°0
Hmm... I do not know if it's possible to clone Durge. If it is, however, Dooku would've been very intelligent indeed to clone him. The Clone Wars would've ended before they even started..

Now, on the Jango matter...
The Clones were created to follow orders, they wouldn't have even hesitated striking Jango down. But I believe it would be indeed very hard for Jango to fight against his own clones. Maybe he would've turned against Dooku.

tulakhordpwns
Dooku would not have cloned Durge because he was organizing a war that the republic would eventually win, and an army of Durges would be virtually unstoppable.

I am sure Jango would fight the clones, Boba fights against a clone insurection on Kamino, Jango would do the same.

darthsith19
Yes. And with Durge clones, the Republic would win, would they not?

What is the insurection on Kamino? I always thought Boba seemed more ruthless than Jango, anyways. Maybe it was something about seeing his dad die. Plus he always hated the Clones, anyways, one because they sided with the Jedi, which was the opposite side that his dad had been on. But also, he always felt jealous as a child, because he would be lonely while his dad was busy training the Clones, and he wished his dad would spend time with him, instead. This was in Boba Fett: The Fight to Survive. So he would probably have no good feelings towards his Clone brothers.

0°Mandalore°0
Exactly, you cannot say that only because Boba did fight against the Clones Jango would.

Boba IS definitely more ruthless and more agressive than his "father" was, AND a better Bounty Hunter.

Se7in
Creating an army consisting of Durge as the template would have been a dangerous move.

Durge is a being that virtually no one can control, he had large experience killing Jedi by himself. Indeed the army would have been stronger, but had his army ever turned against Dooku and Sidious, they would have had EXTREME difficulty combating them.

I suppose you could say, well they were trained to resist orders without question. However, Jango's Clones were trained that way too, and there are plenty of examples of them rebelling and refusing to follow orders.

A Clone of Jango was less formidable, but also much more easily controllable. The human mind was definitely much more controllable than that of the Gen'Dai.

darthsith19
Maybe, but not if they were altered to be less intependent, and obey any order without question, like the clones of Jango were.

When? I only ever remember Jangotat, an ARC, rebelling.

Se7in
Climber, a Clone commando, refused to kill Roan Shryne and his fellow Jedi.

The Republic Commando Team showed a rather large amount of disatisfaction when forced to leave Sev behind, despite their training.

Also, maintaining Clones of Durge may have been just as expensive. They'd require larger armor and vehicles, and would probably require a lot more food and training, considering their incredible natural strength and speed.

tulakhordpwns
Originally posted by darthsith19
Yes. And with Durge clones, the Republic would win, would they not?

embarrasment doh

It occurs in Battlefront 2. Boba is an exact clone of Jango, so I doubt he is more ruthless. Jango kills his own friend Zam Wessel and was raised on Concord Dawn where his entire family was killed.

darthsith19
Believe it or not, I remembered about Climber, however, the bell was about to ring, and I had no time to say anything else. That was slightly different - he had formed a friendship with Roan, so he hesitated to kill him, and decided not to until he got info on why. At any rate, that was 2 Clones out of a million. If two Durge Clones out of a million, or even ten clones, went rogue, it would be no big deal.

Armor? Um... Durge doesn't need armor, does he? it's not like he can die. Latger vehicles? Maybe a little, but Durge seemed to ride the same speeder bikes as the Lancer Droids did just fine. More training? Why? Food yes, but with no armor, it makes up for at least some of the cost. They could make half as many units and still fair way better than they did with Jango Clones, and it would save them money.

That's like saying the Clone Troopers are equally as ruthless as Boba, because they are his clones. Events can shape one's live. Did Jango actually see his family killed? And he had to kill Zam, he had no choice, she was going to betray him. And in The Fight to Survive, after Zam dies, he seems sad, and Bona even thinks at one point that he is crying. At any rate, killing Zam as an adult who has killed many people, and seeing your papa die as a child is a lot different, plus Jango and Zam weren't exactly close friends. They had actually worked against each other in the past.

tulakhordpwns
Originally posted by darthsith19
That's like saying the Clone Troopers are equally as ruthless as Boba, because they are his clones. Events can shape one's live. Did Jango actually see his family killed? And he had to kill Zam, he had no choice, she was going to betray him. And in The Fight to Survive, after Zam dies, he seems sad, and Bona even thinks at one point that he is crying. At any rate, killing Zam as an adult who has killed many people, and seeing your papa die as a child is a lot different, plus Jango and Zam weren't exactly close friends. They had actually worked against each other in the past.
The clones aren't because they were altered to be less independent, unlike Boba. I got most of this info from wookieepedia, so I am not sure about the details. If Jango was close to tears after Zam's death it shows they were close.

Gideon
This is only partially true, Se7in. He allowed Roan Shryne and company to escape once due to the bond he formed with the Jedi, and that was most decidedly not a common thing. But also remember: Climber told Shryne that if his team encountered him again, they would engage.

ESB -1138

0°Mandalore°0
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Pleeeeeeeeease. Jango would kill his clones in a heartbeat. The only clone he actually cares about is Boba.

Hmm.. you're probably right.. but if Boba was put in danger by Dooku or his allies, he would betray him in order to save his "son".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.