Ymir vs Surtur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bouboumaster
Who take it?

quanchi112
surtur wins

lordboo
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Who take it?
ice v fire,surtur ftw

CaptainStoic
Honestly I think that they would cancel each other out, because neither is more powerful than the other. If one was greater than the other they would have settled the score long ago, but the fact that they existed for thousands of years means that neither could claim a solid victory. If Surtur fought Ymir he would more than like be mortally wounded, the same goes for Ymir.

Stalemate.

llagrok
On KMC I'd give Surtur a strong majority, but in the comics they always stalemate and team up.

quanchi112
fire always melts ice. but seriously surtur has higher feats and has been shown to be a bigger menace than ymir ever could be. surtur wins this hands down imo.

guy222
Originally posted by llagrok
On KMC I'd give Surtur a strong majority, but in the comics they always stalemate and team up.

thumb up

zopzop
BUMP.

Anyone have thoughts on this? I remember them attacking each other once in a Defenders issue, Surtur had his sword and Ymir had his club. They struck each other and the backlash knocked each of them back to their home dimension.

Why do people say Surtur wins as if he's that much more powerful than Ymir?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
BUMP.

Anyone have thoughts on this? I remember them attacking each other once in a Defenders issue, Surtur had his sword and Ymir had his club. They struck each other and the backlash knocked each of them back to their home dimension.

I think they'd fight to a dead draw; my honest opinion of course...

Surtur does have more appearances and better feats as a result though; on the strength of that, I do understand why peeps think Surtur would win however...

pym-ftw
Stalemate or Ymir if they get Ts/CoAW respectfully

guy222
Tie

JakeTheBank
They're both ancient elemental forces that have proven to be threats to Odin and all of Asgard multiple times. By all rights, they should draw, but Surtur does have the benefit of more appearances and feats and is generally the more persistent threat.

pym-ftw
I'm just wondering what people consider the better artifact the casket or twilight?

JakeTheBank
Casket of Ancient Winters is better in a straight up fight. Twilight Sword has greater potential (ie. mass reality warping or universal destruction) when used properly.

Igniz
Originally posted by zopzop
BUMP.

You mean this.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc412/igniz6/Surtur/PowerLvl/Implosion/Avengers061-19.jpg
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc412/igniz6/Surtur/PowerLvl/Implosion/Avengers061-20.jpg

It was in Avengers#61 BTW!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.