Scary movie 5 (2008)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0795461/

MildPossession
This is a series that needed to be stopped at the first movie.

.Dance_Inside.
Please no more!
It's going to suck
and if Anna Faris does it...then her career is over.

Impediment
Scary Movie (1) is a classic that I love to watch.

Every one after is just pitiful. It especially went downhill after Keenan Ivory Wayans quit being involved after part 2. When David Zucker started directing part 3 and on, it just got stupid. Some parts and jokes of the films were hit-and-miss, but the majority of them were just awful.

Dusty
Hate them all.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I've loved all the Scary Movies. Very goofy and very funny.

Kelly_Bean
The first three were funny, the fourth, I turned off like ten minutes in because it was stupid as fugg. Anyone know what movies they'll be making spoofs of when it comes out?

steverules
Maybe the hills have eyes...the hitcher....halloween...pulse...I dunno what other movies they will use....I liked all the scary movie films other than no.2, it didn't make me laugh as much as 1,3 and 4 did

Thorrin
Originally posted by MildPossession
This is a series that needed to be stopped at the first movie. I concur.

DarthLazious
I hope this movie will be made by the Waynes brothers this time.

SelphieT
Nooooo! Someone save the children, please!

Menetnashté
I liked the First and Second a LOT. The third one it was just like...ok, it was decent. Don't want to watch it again though. It was funny but it was nothing like the first or second. I didn't even go to see the 4th movie, I mean they were making fun of things that weren't even horror movies...It looked sad. And after Epic movie I'm not sure I want to see anything else they make.

Kelly_Bean
I don't think anything'll ever beat the one with Hanz the caretaker with the tiny hand and everything that went on in that movie. That one was just too funny for words.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
I don't think anything'll ever beat the one with Hanz the caretaker with the tiny hand and everything that went on in that movie. That one was just too funny for words.

"My germs!"

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by SelphieT
"My germs!"
"HIAWATHA!"

chillmeistergen
Shit, all of them are shit.

ragesRemorse
i thought the third one was almost funny

FistOfThe North
I loved 'em all. Keep 'em coming. I loved the last one. I snuck into it 2wice in theatres.

The way that "Tr-ipod" rose up and blinked the word still makes me chuckle when i think about it..

And they always have the best posters. Anyone seen any? Post 'em up.

JayTee
I've never seen one. Two was okay, but I like three best. I've never seen four.

Council#13
I liked all the Scary Movie films. I don't know why everyone hates them. I'd go as far as to say that one person said something against the films and everyone followed suit.

chillmeistergen
No subtlety to it, it's just horribly obvious, shitty, non inherent to a plot gags.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
"HIAWATHA!" funny

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

WrathfulDwarf
But-but-butt the WAYANS BROTHAS R BAK!!!LOLOLOLOLOLOZLOZLZLZZZZZzzzzzz.....*

FistOfThe North
The Waynes bros. are in it? Noice...

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
But-but-butt the WAYANS BROTHAS R BAK!!!LOLOLOLOLOLOZLOZLZLZZZZZzzzzzz.....*

sick maybe this piece of shit movie will finally hinder them from ever being allowed to make another sorry excuse for a bad movie.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
The Wayan bros have absolutely nothing to do with this. It is being directed by David Zucker and written by Jim Abrahams and Craig Mazin. It is scheduled for release on Halloween of 2008. Only Leslie Nielson is attached to this, so I'm sure other casting notes will follow when something is made available.

Theres a lot of rumored people to be in this but nothing has been confirmed. If the Wayans are indeed involved, its prolly as actors so they make fun of some good stuff.

tylerTOXICITY
Alot of people are saying the first one was good but all the rest sucked!
I think the first one was awesome, The second one was a let down then they brung it back with the third and fourth..
Especially in the fourth one where its all about brokeback mountain!!
LOL smile

Leo.M
Their still making these? no expression

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Leo.M
Their still making these? no expression

Yup, and I hope they keep on makin' em..

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Yup, and I hope they keep on makin' em..

As long as each film finds success, there will always be a Scary Movie film.

Alpha Centauri
This is why Hollywood is mostly shit.

Cos people will want Scary Movie 90.

-AC

BackFire
I think they should stop at 89, personally.

Impediment
The first was good, the second mediocre, while 3 & 4 were awful.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

I thought it was because of star trek 11 confused

At any rate. I didnt mind the first one, the second was incredibly bad. After a skeptical viewing i thought the 3rd was the funniest, while the fourth was the worst. I really dont mind slapstick as long as its good. Every generation has its slapstick movies. The 70's had the mel brooks flicks, blazzing saddles, young frankenstien and cheech and chong movies. As well as the movies by Snl actors.
The 80s had airplane, caddyshack, gene wilder richard pryor movies etc. The 90's had austin powers, naked gun, the dreaded pauly shore movies etc. Scary movie is just following a formula of decades past. Sometimes it hits the mark and sometimes its just a paycheck for someone.

Wolfie
First one sucked. Second one was about half a step better. Third and fourth aren't bad.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

Well, mostly everything is "shit" with/to you, so it's not surprising.

It seems you mostly hate alot of things more than you like stuff, i've noticed.

Why?

chillmeistergen
You're talking about Scary Movie FOTN, of course it's shit; it's generally accepted that it's shit.

That's probably because a lot of the things, people on here like is utter shite. It really annoys me that people like Scary Movie and French and Saunders, are allowed to continually dilute the comedy genre with absolute guff.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
You're talking about Scary Movie FOTN, of course it's shit; it's generally accepted that it's shit.

That's probably because a lot of the things, people on here like is utter shite. It really annoys me that people like Scary Movie and French and Saunders, are allowed to continually dilute the comedy genre with absolute guff.

They're considered shit to you. Even though you make it seem so, it doesn't mean it's fact just as much as it doesn't make you better or smarter for thinking the movies suck just cause it's coming from you or the likes.

Alot of people think Rock 'n Roll, Country and Heavy Metal music is pure shit, does it make it factually shitty? No. Is that person a hipper consumer for saying so? No.. But other than that, as an opinion, because that's what it purely is, you are entitled to it.

chillmeistergen
They're considered shit to you. Even though you make it seem so, it doesn't mean it's fact just as much as it doesn't make you better or smarter for thinking the movies suck just cause it's coming from you or the likes.

Alot of people think Rock 'n Roll, Country and Heavy Metal music is pure shit, does it make it factually shitty? No. Is that person a hipper consumer for saying so? No.. But other than that, as an opinion, because that's what it purely is, you are entitled to it.

Yes they are considered shit to me and to many others, hence why I said 'generally accepted' and not 'it's factually shit'. No, it doesn't make me any better, or smarter for thinking so, it just makes me think your opinions on comedy are rather awful.

You are naming genres, do you understand that? I appreciate an enormous amount of content within the comedy genre, just not the content you want me to appreciate.

FistOfThe North
Yes they are considered shit to me and to many others, hence why I said 'generally accepted' and not 'it's factually shit'. No, it doesn't make me any better, or smarter for thinking so, it just makes me think your opinions on comedy are rather awful.

You are naming genres, do you understand that? I appreciate an enormous amount of content within the comedy genre, just not the content you want me to appreciate.

So it boils down to a 'generally accepted' opinion. (even though not everyone think it sucks) It's still not true. And that you think my opinions on comedy are "rather awful" just by saying i like Scary Movie and only going by that, meaning not knowing what other types of comedies I like, that may even include comedies you like, makes me think you lack any judgement at all whatsoever.

I appreciate all types of comedies from some slapstick (stuff like 3 stooges) to situational comedy to political satire. Granted some are just garbage and ridiculously futile like "Epic Movie" but that won't make me all uptight and selective.

Goofy comedy can be funny, to me at least. (And scary movie does it better than anyone) It's not like I lmao watching it. The Scary Movies makes me chuckle. So? What I'm a poor judge of comedy cause Scary Movie made me chuckle.

w/e.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Personally I've liked these movies. They are very funny and entertaining. Stupidly acted,but yet expected. These films have been successful and made very cheaply, so each film has a chance at becoming a hit. I am wondering though what movies they'll make fun of this time..

"WHO' generally accepts it?

chillmeistergen
So it boils down to a 'generally accepted' opinion. (even though not everyone think it sucks) It's still not true. And that you think my opinions on comedy are "rather awful" just by saying i like Scary Movie and only going by that, meaning not knowing what other types of comedies I like, that may even include comedies you like, makes me think you lack any judgement at all whatsoever.

I appreciate all types of comedies from some slapstick (stuff like 3 stooges) to situational comedy to political satire. Granted some are just garbage and ridiculously futile like "Epic Movie" but that won't make me all uptight and selective.

Goofy comedy can be funny, to me at least. (And scary movie does it better than anyone) It's not like I lmao watching it. The Scary Movies makes me chuckle. So? What I'm a poor judge of comedy cause Scary Movie made me chuckle.

w/e.

You're getting awfully defensive, considering you were the one who questioned other people's right to give criticism. What I've been saying is that I don't like it, I've given you the reasons why I don't like it, yet you still have a problem with me not liking it, why?
All I've seen of your comedy tastes is Scary Movie, so it's pretty blatant that it's this I'm going to judge your tastes on. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with you liking it, I just don't like being told I'm not allowed to not like it, or anyone else being told that.

Right, yes, I also like a lot of comedy, but I unlike you, believe that Scary Movie is rubbish. Now, you're quite welcome to watch more and more comedy that relies on pure stupidity and 'randomness', very little of which is inherent to a plot, but I will not welcome the opinion that I'm for some reason or other not allowed, or will be frowned upon for criticising it.

Sometimes it can, yes, but no in my opinion; Scary Movie certainly does not do it best, or even do it credit. Yes, from what I've seen you're a poor judge of comedy.

Robtard
The "Scary Movie" franchise is pure unfiltered shit.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Personally I've liked these movies. They are very funny and entertaining. Stupidly acted,but yet expected. These films have been successful and made very cheaply, so each film has a chance at becoming a hit.

So "you've like these movies" and they're "shit"? Take note chillmeistergen, for this is when you could rightfully judge a persons comedy tastes. When a person states they watch a comedy they like while thinking it sticks... (sounds like you can go on even more that like lack of intel.) No offense, DARKLORDCAEDUS, just using you as an example and as far as you saying that the movies are "of course shit" even though "you've liked them", the movies' success and box office numbers seem to disagree.

chillmeistergen
So "you've like these movies" and they're "shit"? Take note chillmeistergen, for this is when you could rightfully judge a persons comedy tastes. When a person states they watch a comedy they like while thinking it sticks... (sounds like you can go on even more that like lack of intel.) No offense, DARKLORDCAEDUS, just using you as an example and as far as you saying that the movies are "of course shit" even though "you've liked them", the movies' success and box office numbers seem to disagree.

Why don't you reply to my actual post and deal with the points made within it, instead of trying to get a mate involved in the debate?

Also, I'm not talking about box office figures; films like Epic Movie also did well at the box office, most shitty comedies do.

Robtard

Probably because DARKLORDCAEDUS accepts them for what they are, stupid toilet humor films that are laced with one "gay joke" after the other. Sometimes people are in the mood for a stupid movie, they don't want a plot they have to ponder on, they don't care to see any semblance of character development etc. etc. etc., so they watch a shit movie like these and they "enjoy" them for what they are, pure shit.

Still doesn't make them a good movie though.

FistOfThe North
You're getting awfully defensive, considering you were the one who questioned other people's right to give criticism. What I've been saying is that I don't like it, I've given you the reasons why I don't like it, yet you still have a problem with me not liking it, why?
All I've seen of your comedy tastes is Scary Movie, so it's pretty blatant that it's this I'm going to judge your tastes on. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with you liking it, I just don't like being told I'm not allowed to not like it, or anyone else being told that.

Right, yes, I also like a lot of comedy, but I unlike you, believe that Scary Movie is rubbish. Now, you're quite welcome to watch more and more comedy that relies on pure stupidity and 'randomness', very little of which is inherent to a plot, but I will not welcome the opinion that I'm for some reason or other not allowed, or will be frowned upon for criticising it.

Sometimes it can, yes, but no in my opinion; Scary Movie certainly does not do it best, or even do it credit. Yes, from what I've seen you're a poor judge of comedy.

?

I'm not being defensive at all. And I don't have a problem, by not one bit, with you not liking the films. I could care less. The issue is with your thinking the movies are considered bad by all or mostly all. And those who like it have poor taste. What in purgatory is that...?

I bet the music you listen to is pure garbage and blows super hard to someone else. Does that make you a music listener with low taste? No. Criticise the movies all you want. Just pass judgement the right way.

And from what you've seen I'm a poor judge of comedy? You know, with that, you're/that's right, all you've seen of my comedy tastes are Scary Movie, and your basing my entire comedic tastes with the fact that Scary Movie made me chuckle. And that's why I think your a poor judge of character. You don't know what else I like. You haven't enough information to make that comment and that makes me think that you must make alot of bad decisions.

FistOfThe North
Why don't you reply to my actual post and deal with the points made within it, instead of trying to get a mate involved in the debate?

Also, I'm not talking about box office figures; films like Epic Movie also did well at the box office, most shitty comedies do.

He involved himself when he involed me with the issue at hand. beside he quoted me before you did and I'm not going to skip him and completely ignore him to satify our debate. You'll get your turn.

chillmeistergen
He involved himself when he involed me with the issue at hand. beside he quoted me before you did and I'm not going to skip him and completely ignore him to satify our debate. You'll get your turn.

Nah, he didn't.

FistOfThe North
Nah, he didn't.

Uh, ya he did when he said:

"You're talking about Scary Movie FOTN, of course it's shit; it's generally accepted that it's shit."

So.. yea, he did. And nice skip, by the way.

chillmeistergen
?

I'm not being defensive at all. And I don't have a problem, by not one bit, with you not liking the films. I could care less. The issue is with your thinking the movies are considered bad by all or mostly all. And those who like it have poor taste. What in purgatory is that...?

I bet the music you listen to is pure garbage and blows super hard to someone else. Does that make you a music listener with low taste? No. Criticise the movies all you want. Just pass judgement the right way.

And from what you've seen I'm a poor judge of comedy? You know, with that, you're/that's right, all you've seen of my comedy tastes are Scary Movie, and your basing my entire comedic tastes with the fact that Scary Movie made me chuckle. And that's why I think your a poor judge of character. You don't know what else I like. You haven't enough information to make that comment and that makes me think that you must make alot of bad decisions.

Well, I'm glad to hear that you aren't taking it to heart. Plus, it's 'couldn't care less'.
You just have to look through this thread to see how many feel about Scary Movie, I accept that quite a few people do like it, but I think these people have bad taste.

What so your taste chops and change does it? Diversity's fine, but what you're employing is either diversity for the sake of it, or you have, in my opinion poor taste. Yes, it making you chuckle, in my mind reflects your tastes.
Think what you want about my decision making ability, but in my opinion the annihilation of everything Scary Movie oriented would not be a bad decision.

Uh, ya he did when he said:

"You're talking about Scary Movie FOTN, of course it's shit; it's generally accepted that it's shit."

So.. yea, he did. And nice skip, by the way.

That's quoting me, go back and read my first reponse to you.

FistOfThe North
Well, I'm glad to hear that you aren't taking it to heart. Plus, it's 'couldn't care less'.
You just have to look through this thread to see how many feel about Scary Movie, I accept that quite a few people do like it, but I think these people have bad taste.

What so your taste chops and change does it? Diversity's fine, but what you're employing is either diversity for the sake of it, or you have, in my opinion poor taste. Yes, it making you chuckle, in my mind reflects your tastes.
Think what you want about my decision making ability, but in my opinion the annihilation of everything Scary Movie oriented would not be a bad decision.

That's quoting me, go back and read my first reponse to you.

Semantics. Irrelevant. (cuda, shua) You know what I meant, points seeker. (gonna spell check me too?)

I have seen some the pages and there is no way I'm gonna "quickly judge" or will determine that Scary Movie official sucks cause a handful of people said so. -and agree to it-

Accept your thought on how people who chuckle at Scary Movie as having an entirely low comedic taste, and I'll continue thinking you generally make bad decisions, as indifferently as you may feel about it.

And my bad about not catching his quoting you. He should've made it clearer by actually adding quotation marks.

chillmeistergen
Semantics. Irrelevant. (cuda, shua) You know what I meant, points seeker. (gonna spell check me too?)

I have seen some the pages and there is no way I'm gonna "quickly judge" or will determine that Scary Movie official sucks cause a handful of people said so. -and agree to it-

Accept your thought on how people who chuckle at Scary Movie as having an entirely low comedic taste, and I'll continue thinking you generally make bad decisions, as indifferently as you may feel about it.

And my bad about not catching his quoting you. He should've made it clearer by actually adding quotation marks.

I'm not saying that their taste in entirety is bad, I'm saying that I regard their taste on this area of comedy poor, there are only so many times someone can say ''I like this movie, but don't judge what else I like based on it!''.
As I said, think what you will of my decisions.

Yes, he should have used quotation marks.

DARKLORDCAEDUS

Just because someone likes The Scary Movie movies doesn't mean they lack taste in other comedies. If thats true about the box office as you say then why are these continually made?

1st. Scary Movie cost $19mil and made $279million.
2nd. Scary Movie cost $45mil and made $72million.
3rd Scary Movie cost $45mil and made $220million
4th Scary Movie cost $45mil and made $178million.

If these numbers disagree, I would like to know what exactly does?

gingercaily
i like all scary movie films especially the 1st and 2nd part....great movie, full of laugh..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.