Spiderman vs Elder Predator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

endrict
Pred has all the toys.

Parker has night vision.

Fight at night in NYC.

Who wins?

braz
U mean like Dachande, a clan leader?

endrict
Sure? but I don't know the preds too much...so any version that would be a good fight for SM will do.

braz
Hm, Id still probably say Spiderman wins, cuz Idunno if a clan leaders(which is a top-notch Pred) the equivalent of an elder..I havent seen them mention elders and their combat feats in the novels yet, just 'clan leaders' as they call em. And theyre badass, but I dont think its enough to beat Spidey, spider-sense ftw.

jinzin
I'm calling a 5/5/ split on this one.. possible edge to Spidey.

guy222
Originally posted by endrict
Pred has all the toys.

Parker has night vision.

Fight at night in NYC.

Who wins?

spidey ftw

Barbarian Shams
Little problem here is that Spidey's durability is still regular human, and if this Elder Predator can get in at least one good hit in with his PC, its game over lights out for spidey. Preds have supreme speed and reflexes too, maybe not quite Spider-Man level, but well above normal humans any day.

6/10 for Elder Yautja, 4/10 for Spidey given the fact he's superhuman.

batdude123
Originally posted by Barbarian Shams
Little problem here is that Spidey's durability is still regular human, and if this Elder Predator can get in at least one good hit in with his PC, its game over lights out for spidey. Preds have supreme speed and reflexes too, maybe not quite Spider-Man level, but well above normal humans any day.

6/10 for Elder Yautja, 4/10 for Spidey given the fact he's superhuman.

Spider-man's durability is definitely not regular human level.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by batdude123
Spider-man's durability is definitely not regular human level. you are correct, sir!

Barbarian Shams
I know that, I was only saying that from the Pred's POV and compared to the alien's relatively superior durability.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Barbarian Shams
I know that, I was only saying that from the Pred's POV and compared to the alien's relatively superior durability. ...so if the Pred thinks he's a regular human, he won't make his blast more powerful, and so it wouldn't really hurt Pete as much.

underestimation ftw. no expression

Barbarian Shams
Well not exactly, and being that this is an Elder Predator and not a slightly younger Pred like the Jungle Hunter from P1 or City Hunter from P2. He would one to not underestimate Spidey. But I know Spidey could not survive what the Pred survived in Pred 2: A full magazine of shotgun slugs pointblank in P2, a barrage that would kill Spidey if he was that close to one.

braz
I thought Spidey had a HF? Besides, Spidey could just dodge 9 shotgun shells point blank, snatch up the shotgun with his web shooters or just speed blitz him. erm

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Spidey

Ouallada
Sm probably takes a slight majority due to precog. Nothing the pred can put out that he cannot logically duck. The pred is going to feel his 10ton punches though.

grey fox
6.8/10 to Spidey

xjustice69x
spidermans durability is way higher then normal human! whens the last time youve seen a human survive goping through brick walls.

im going with spidey for the win on this one hes just to fast i think

starlock
Spiderman for the win

jinzin
Spiderman's strength range is way above ten tons. confused

He's in the upwards of 20-25...
I think that the Predator has more durability to things like shells but I don't think that Pred's by and large have the same durability for blunt force that Spidey does...

I just keep thinking of all the trouble Spiderman has with expert fighters.. now you take one of those fighters and put them into a 5-10 ton lifting capacity and things look like they could get grim for Spiderman...

Tha said though, this is way too vague.. Pred's abilities jump all over the board.. Some can heave tanks into the air, or toss jeeps aside like paperweights, others have been crushed by a couple of tons of debris... Or less.

We all know how badass elder predators are "supposed" to be but are there even any on panel feats that put that rep past the point of hyperbole?

The more I think about this, the more I give it to Spiderman until I see some evidence that makes me think otherwise..

SpearofDestiny
Elder Predator. His plasma gun will be more than enough to evaporate spiderman.

Barbarian Shams
And if our pred gets even one opportunity to stab Spidey, its game over. Spidey can still be killed by blades and projectiles of any kind. The PC shots travel at high speeds, and if he decides to give it a full charge, well you know what will happen then. But then again, Preds are very hardy critters, capable of surviving falls of 100 feet or more, and surviving large logs dropped on their head.

quanchi112
spiderman wins.

joesdabest1
spiderman would win easily

tkitna
Originally posted by joesdabest1
spiderman would win easily

I agree. Spiderman is so much faster, stronger, and has his spider-sense. Seriously, the predators are strong, but Spidey would be ripping limbs off in this fight.

Spiderman has taken much worse than Predators.

Jyppe
Originally posted by jinzin
Spiderman's strength range is way above ten tons. confused

He's in the upwards of 20-25...
I think that the Predator has more durability to things like shells but I don't think that Pred's by and large have the same durability for blunt force that Spidey does...

I just keep thinking of all the trouble Spiderman has with expert fighters.. now you take one of those fighters and put them into a 5-10 ton lifting capacity and things look like they could get grim for Spiderman...

Tha said though, this is way too vague.. Pred's abilities jump all over the board.. Some can heave tanks into the air, or toss jeeps aside like paperweights, others have been crushed by a couple of tons of debris... Or less.

We all know how badass elder predators are "supposed" to be but are there even any on panel feats that put that rep past the point of hyperbole?

The more I think about this, the more I give it to Spiderman until I see some evidence that makes me think otherwise..

I'm a hardcore Predator fan, but I'm agreeing with Jinzin here. Common Predators are between 5-10 tons at most, there have been some super strong ones, but they also were quite mad, which would hinder their performance.

Also, one thing handicapping the Predator would be his code of the hunt. He would encage Spider-man in hand to hand combat, and would probably webbed up and then manhandled.

A Elder Predator knowing what's he's up against would be a different matter, he'd utilize most of his weaponry at the same time, making him a very difficult opponent, but given Spider-man's record of dodging things, webs smarts and agility I'd still give Spider-man a slight edge.

Now, saying things like "Spider-man wins this easily" Is pretty stupid though, and people should go and read some Predator comics if they think this would be a tossup.

Code of honour Elder Pred = Spiderman 9/10
Prepared Elder Predator = Spiderman 6/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.