Team Ninja boss disses Tekken 6, Heavenly Sword

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
On Heavenly Sword...

"I've never played a good game where the developers put a big icon of the button you're supposed to press onscreen. I look at Heavenly Sword and it seems really half-assed, because it's asking you to do all these button-timing sequences but you are not getting much payoff from it."

On Tekken 6...

"It (Tekken) sucks. I don't know what you're talking about."

source:

http://www.destructoid.com/big-mouth-itagaki-hates-buttons-and-heavenly-sword-37634.phtml

http://www.destructoid.com/tomonobu-itagaki-couldn-t-care-less-about-tekken-6-loves-the-360-ds-37352.phtml

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
On Heavenly Sword...

"I've never played a good game where the developers put a big icon of the button you're supposed to press onscreen. I look at Heavenly Sword and it seems really half-assed, because it's asking you to do all these button-timing sequences but you are not getting much payoff from it."

On Tekken 6...

"It (Tekken) sucks. I don't know what you're talking about."

source:

http://www.destructoid.com/big-mouth-itagaki-hates-buttons-and-heavenly-sword-37634.phtml

http://www.destructoid.com/tomonobu-itagaki-couldn-t-care-less-about-tekken-6-loves-the-360-ds-37352.phtml

lol.. well he's not exactly mis-informing people, IMO

its just that he fails to realise that the dead or alive series is even worse than tekken, though it comes in a much prettier package

Sol Valentine
Why is he saying that when DOA is just as bad?

ThoraxeRMG
Not really, there are huge differences. Anways, you know this is, kinda old, right Snafu?

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Not really, there are huge differences. Anways, you know this is, kinda old, right Snafu?

I just posted it for the hell of it. I haven't been back home for a while now.

shin_gear
You could've just posted this in the off-topic thread. - -'

Anyway, while Itagaki is a cool guy who knows how to make great games he shouldn't be dissing other good games. Well I'm not surprised that he would do this...he's a drunkard after all.

SaTsuJiN
a cocky drunkard at that

BackFire
I love that guy.

His response to someone asking him why all the girls in his Volleyball games are big breasted-bimbo-looking girls. His response is that no one wants to see ugly girls playing volleyball.

Otus

shin_gear
Originally posted by BackFire
I love that guy.

His response to someone asking him why all the girls in his Volleyball games are big breasted-bimbo-looking girls. His response is that no one wants to see ugly girls playing volleyball. I'm sure I don't. 313

ESB -1138
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
lol.. well he's not exactly mis-informing people, IMO

its just that he fails to realise that the dead or alive series is even worse than tekken, though it comes in a much prettier package

That's normally what you're suppose to do. Call other games lame and dumb and stupid and try to convince everyone to play your horrible game.

shin_gear
Itagaki's games aren't horrible.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by ESB -1138
That's normally what you're suppose to do. Call other games lame and dumb and stupid and try to convince everyone to play your horrible game. Heh.. well you're obviously supposed to take it with a grain of salt... its like microsoft dissing sony or vice versa

some people eat it up.. some see it at face value and move on

the only team ninja game thats good enough to smack talk other companies with is Ninja Gaiden

DoA4 is as shallow as they get when it comes to fighters, IMO

and lets not even start on DoA volleyball.... pretty, yes... a vital contribution to the gaming market?.. no..

ThoraxeRMG
DoA4 isn't shallow, it's ****ing cheap.

Sol Valentine
Itagaki, cocky drunktard.

It was meant to happen.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by BackFire
I love that guy.

His response to someone asking him why all the girls in his Volleyball games are big breasted-bimbo-looking girls. His response is that no one wants to see ugly girls playing volleyball. He should be punched in the stomach for those games.

Blax_Hydralisk
Heavenly Sword I can understand. essentially God of War III ftl.

Tekken's a solid game, however.

Sol Valentine
That guy should be kicked in the balls, then he'll see who's cocky now.

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
That guy should be kicked in the balls, then he'll see who's cocky now.

Wow, how mature... roll eyes (sarcastic)

StyleTime
I can't believe you all are suddenly so up in arms about it.

Itagaki has insulted Tekken for years. It's nothing new.

shin_gear
I've insulted StyleTime for years. It's nothing new.

Jk StyleTime.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.