The Runner vs. Zoom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sundipped
Elder of the universe Runner vs. Zoom. Who wins this 1?

Sundipped
No infinity gem for Runner.

Galan007
For those who will inevitably say Runner takes this, I ask them WHY?

Apart from blitzing Surfer, --- What has he done to say he could defeat Zoom? more then Superman's]... confused

CaptainStoic
Well being an Elder has its advantages the Runner has the power primordial, and he can't die, Zoom can. What would stop the Runner from taking this fight into space where Zoom would die from lack of proctection.. Solar radiation, cold, lack of oxygen. Zoom does have the speed force though, but who said that this fight would last long enough for him to really tap into it enough to do the Runner any serious damage.
I can hear it now, someone is bound to say speed kills, but the Runner is incredibly fast, he caught the Surfer like he was swimming in tar. I mean he was runnig backward with his hands crossed which gave me the idea that he could go far faster if he wanted to. Someone needs proof if they are going to say that Zoom moves faster than the Runner, even with the speed force backing him up.

Soljer
Originally posted by Galan007
A character who made Flash look slow

One word;

Bart.

Galan007
Originally posted by Soljer
One word;

Bart. I had problems with that comic on SO many levels.

Soljer
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Zoom does have the speed force though

Alright, one of us is REALLY ignorant....so, either I'm calling you on it, or I'm showing off my own ignorance.

I could have sworn Zoom DIDN'T use the speedforce - hence why Wally was originally so surprised that he was so fast.

Rather than tap the speedforce, he existed out-of-sync with the time stream, so he appeared to be faster than wally could hope to be.

No?

llagrok
Alright, one of us is REALLY ignorant....so, either I'm calling you on it, or I'm showing off my own ignorance.

I could have sworn Zoom DIDN'T use the speedforce - hence why Wally was originally so surprised that he was so fast.

Rather than tap the speedforce, he existed out-of-sync with the time stream, so he appeared to be faster than wally could hope to be.

No?

He shoots...

He scores!!

rico777

No?

laughing you're lucky that you calling him on it paid off

nvrbeenwthagirl
I had problems with that comic on SO many levels.

bart WAS the speed force. a living elemental and almost abstract like. Zoom getting beat by him isn't a low showing. Bart could beat anyone herald lvl.

CaptainStoic

No?

My bad bro, I never knew that Zoom did not use the Speed Force, as I thought that 90 percent of the speedsters in DC used it, I only thought that Jay moved under his own power, or guys like Superman, forgive my ignorance. I'm soooo embarassed, I'll have to read more Flash comics in the future. embarrasment

I however still give this to the Runner because of his immortality.

Galan007
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
My bad bro, I never knew that Zoom did not use the Speed Force, as I thought that 90 percent of the speedsters in DC used it, I only thought that Jay moved under his own power, or guys like Superman, forgive my ignorance. I'm soooo embarassed, I'll have to read more Flash comics in the future. embarrasment

I however still give this to the Runner because of his immortality. Yeah,

Zoom basically moves ahead of the time-stream to appear as though he's moving fast. .

And Superman doesn't use the speedforce btw. smile

Soljer
Yeah,

Zoom basically moves ahead of the time-stream to appear as though he's moving fast. .

And Superman doesn't use the speedforce btw. smile

Indeed, but the Flash can still drain his speed. He couldn't drain Zoom's.

llagrok
Indeed, but the Flash can still drain his speed. He couldn't drain Zoom's.

And why couldn't he?

Because Zoom is actually Alan Scott in disguise!

Sirius77
Not many people are faster than Zoom. I don't even
think that the Runner is. Zooms speed comes from
manipulating the basic particles that make up time itself.

So he cant be beaten in speed because he controls its medium. Time.
So the Runner can run all that he wants but Zoom will just compensate
time to keep up with him or even surpass him.

Zoom ftw.

tkitna
I give it to the Runner. Not sure Zoom can harm him.

Soljer
Originally posted by Sirius77
Not many people are faster than Zoom. I don't even
think that the Runner is. Zooms speed comes from
manipulating the basic particles that make up time itself.

So he cant be beaten in speed because he controls its medium. Time.
So the Runner can run all that he wants but Zoom will just compensate
time to keep up with him or even surpass him.

Zoom ftw.

One word;

Bart.

Sirius77
Thats different.
He was the speedforce incarnate.

Soljer
He was an ignorant little kid that could barely use his powers, and still went faster than zoom on speed alone.

Sirius77
And what was superboy-prime??

And what did he do to the DC universe??

guy222
Originally posted by Sundipped
Elder of the universe Runner vs. Zoom. Who wins this 1?

runner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.