Parallax (Zero Hour) & Phantom Stranger vs Nabu (Day of Vengeance) & Shazam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Erik-Lensherr
Who takes it ?

rico777
Parallax and PS take it... in my opinion PS > than all 3 people included in this match.

quanchi112
team one crushes team 2. nabu is overrated and gets curbstomped first.

Erik-Lensherr
Nabu is stronger than both Shazam and Phantom Stranger .

quanchi112
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Nabu is stronger than both Shazam and Phantom Stranger . not phantom stranger.

Erik-Lensherr
I'm not going to bother

quanchi112
did u see how easily he went down to th spectre. ps is more than nabu.

Erik-Lensherr
I'm not going to bother

quanchi112
thats fine if u dont want to defend ur case.

Sirius77
Team two.

Erik-Lensherr
Why ?

Tazer
Yo.

T1 FTW

Tazer

Sirius77
Because Nabu is like DCs Merlin. His power
is Multiversal, and Shazam is just as deadly.

Shazam almost stalemated the Specter and Specter
turned Phantom Stranger into a mouse.

Nabu could take Parallax.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sirius77
Because Nabu is like DCs Merlin. His power
is Multiversal, and Shazam is just as deadly.

Shazam almost stalemated the Specter and Specter
turned Phantom Stranger into a mouse.

Nabu could take Parallax. shazam didnt stalemate the spectre he got crushed. nabu went down like a cheap suit.

Sirius77
They still hung with him. That was the point.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sirius77
They still hung with him. That was the point. he had prep. that was the difference. if u give nabu or ps prep they do better.

think about it ps>>>shazam, he couldnt even kill ps. but he sure killed shazam.

Erik-Lensherr
Shazam didn't really stalemate Spectre not to mention the fact that he had prep time when in this case he doesn't have any .
Nabu is the strongest between him , Shazam and Phantom Stranger .

I see the matches here going this way :

Parallax vs Nabu
Phantom Stranger vs Shazam .

rico777
Nabu is stronger than both Shazam and Phantom Stranger .

how is Nabu stronger than PS? PS has been stated to be nearly as strong as the spectre as well. What puts him over?

quanchi112
Originally posted by rico777
how is Nabu stronger than PS? PS has been stated to be nearly as strong as the spectre as well. What puts him over? ps is above nabu.

Erik-Lensherr
It's rather simple to deduct that Nabu > Phantom Stranger . You just have to read and understand DoV .

quanchi112
It's rather simple to deduct that Nabu > Phantom Stranger . You just have to read and understand DoV . one got pawend and one got turned into a mouse. ps was taken by surprise. ps>always has been over nabu.

Zebedee
PS is above Nabu

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zebedee
PS is above Nabu i think ps could defeat nabu 8 out of 10 times.

Erik-Lensherr
Phantom Stranger barely put up a fight and then he got turned into a mouse .
Nabu didn't go down easily and actually held his own .

As I said , anyone who actually read DoV and understood it would know that Nabu > Phantom Stranger .

Zebedee
Originally posted by quanchi112
i think ps could defeat nabu 8 out of 10 times.

I don't think it's possible to put numbers on things

starlock
Team Parallax for the win

rico777

As I said , anyone who actually read DoV and understood it would know that Nabu > Phantom Stranger .

he turned him into a mouse because spectre realised that he couldn't kill PS, so he just slowed him down by turning him into a mouse. That doesnt show me that Nabu is stronger than PS, in fact it shows the opposite.

hunbu04
first of all PS when to reason with the spectre and when the spectre turn to attack him he said " Spectre even your powers are not enough to kill me, spectre reply not while magic is strong but i will be back. in the main time I limit you from plotting against me. Image this in DOV the Spectre had enough powers to killed all the lords of order and chaos all omnipotent abstract level beings some even multiversal beings but he still didn't not have enough power to killed the Phantom Stranger.
Again in Day of Judgement it was stated by the other members of the quintessence that amongs them only the Phantom Stranger is above the spectre judgement .

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zebedee
I don't think it's possible to put numbers on things we do it all the time on here.

wink

quanchi112
Originally posted by hunbu04
first of all PS when to reason with the spectre and when the spectre turn to attack him he said " Spectre even your powers are not enough to kill me, spectre reply not while magic is strong but i will be back. in the main time I limit you from plotting against me. Image this in DOV the Spectre had enough powers to killed all the lords of order and chaos all omnipotent abstract level beings some even multiversal beings but he still didn't not have enough power to killed the Phantom Stranger.
Again in Day of Judgement it was stated by the other members of the quintessence that amongs them only the Phantom Stranger is above the spectre judgement . yes putting it simple ps is above nabu. those who thought differently were wrong and dont know dc as well as they thought.

stick out tongue

Lord Shaper
Team one wins.

The Phantom Stranger is an unbelievably powerful being, he has never shown the true extent of his powers.

kevdude
I'd rate Nabu and PS about even. I wonder what would have happened if The Presence didn't step in and The Spectre could have went on with his rampage, he probably would have went to the Phantom Stranger and been able to destroy him finally after killing Nabu, but well never know. Shazam is also powerful but Parallax has all of the Oan Energy so I'd give it to team one but it'd be a good fight.. big grin

nvrbeenwthagirl
PS wins this battle.

Tazer
Yo.

how do U figure Nabu "didnt go down easily and held his own" in DoV when their fight was a single page, took only 2 panels, and shows NOTHING of Nabu giving Spec a good/decent/tuff fight?!??

Tazer

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

how do U figure Nabu "didnt go down easily and held his own" in DoV when their fight was a single page, took only 2 panels, and shows NOTHING of Nabu giving Spec a good/decent/tuff fight?!??

Tazer its obvious erik didnt read the comic.

Erik-Lensherr
I can't belive people who've supposdley read DoV think Phantom Stranger is stronger than Nabu .

Let's analize the fights then .

Spectre attacks Phantom Stranger to which he replies :

"I don't think even you could kill me Spectre . I doubt the Universe would allow it "

This line pretty much shows that the only reason Spectre can't kill Phantom Stranger is that because the Universe wouldn't allow him to die , not because they are close in power really , as demonstrated in the page where he pretty much effortsley nullifies Phantom Stranger by turning him into a rat .

Not let's skip to the fight Spectre had with Nabu . Nabu shows up , and they have a discussion and afterwards , Spectre attacks him , with Nabu blocking the attack (it's also pretty obvious that Spectre was actually putting effort into fighting him)

Afterwards , we see the fight continue , with Spectre asking Nabu :

"Still alive , Nabu ? Pitty"

To which Nabu replies :

"It'll take more than that to begin to harm me , Spectre . Much more ."

So Spectre savagely attacks Nabu and afterwards he gets up saying that it takes much more than that to hurt him . Afterwards Nabu grows in size and attacks Spectre , with Spectre telling him that he learned to do that before he even existed .

Next shown scene is Nabu still fighting Spectre and saying :

"Why is it taking you so long to kill me , Spectre ?"

To which Spectre replies :

"How long it takes doesn't matter -- only that it's done"

So Spectre was actually acknowlodging that it takes some time to kill Nabu , but naturally , he eventually would since he is stronger . Afterwards they discuss while and continue fighting .

Next scene , is actually showing Nabu pissing Spectre off , and attacking him wildly .

As shown by his line : "Spectre reaches out , savagely and blindly , grasping everywhere at once for enough magic to destroy me" and finally Spectre manages to kill him ."

It's pretty obvious that Nabu didn't go down easily and Spectre was actually struggling in a way to kill him .

Phantom Stranger didn't really even put up a fight and the only reason he didn't die is that because the Universe wouldn't allow it and then he got turned into a mouse by the Spectre .

I don't see how there's any comparison here . It's painfully obvious that Nabu > Phantom Stranger .

Erik-Lensherr
Yo.

Tazer

That was Dr Fate . I'm talking about Nabu .

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by quanchi112
its obvious erik didnt read the comic.

That's called irony laughing

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by Lord Shaper
Team one wins.

The Phantom Stranger is an unbelievably powerful being, he has never shown the true extent of his powers.

His limits were shown . He was quickly owned by a hostless Spectre .

Tazer
Yo.

That was Dr Fate . I'm talking about Nabu .

did Nabu make ANY appearance in DoV, aside from ish #2 where Fate got dismissed??

cuz I dont remember it......so lz share it if U got it.

Tazer

quanchi112
I can't belive people who've supposdley read DoV think Phantom Stranger is stronger than Nabu .

Let's analize the fights then .

Spectre attacks Phantom Stranger to which he replies :

"I don't think even you could kill me Spectre . I doubt the Universe would allow it "

This line pretty much shows that the only reason Spectre can't kill Phantom Stranger is that because the Universe wouldn't allow him to die , not because they are close in power really , as demonstrated in the page where he pretty much effortsley nullifies Phantom Stranger by turning him into a rat .

Not let's skip to the fight Spectre had with Nabu . Nabu shows up , and they have a discussion and afterwards , Spectre attacks him , with Nabu blocking the attack (it's also pretty obvious that Spectre was actually putting effort into fighting him)

Afterwards , we see the fight continue , with Spectre asking Nabu :

"Still alive , Nabu ? Pitty"

To which Nabu replies :

"It'll take more than that to begin to harm me , Spectre . Much more ."

So Spectre savagely attacks Nabu and afterwards he gets up saying that it takes much more than that to hurt him . Afterwards Nabu grows in size and attacks Spectre , with Spectre telling him that he learned to do that before he even existed .

Next shown scene is Nabu still fighting Spectre and saying :

"Why is it taking you so long to kill me , Spectre ?"

To which Spectre replies :

"How long it takes doesn't matter -- only that it's done"

So Spectre was actually acknowlodging that it takes some time to kill Nabu , but naturally , he eventually would since he is stronger . Afterwards they discuss while and continue fighting .

Next scene , is actually showing Nabu pissing Spectre off , and attacking him wildly .

As shown by his line : "Spectre reaches out , savagely and blindly , grasping everywhere at once for enough magic to destroy me" and finally Spectre manages to kill him ."

It's pretty obvious that Nabu didn't go down easily and Spectre was actually struggling in a way to kill him .

Phantom Stranger didn't really even put up a fight and the only reason he didn't die is that because the Universe wouldn't allow it and then he got turned into a mouse by the Spectre .

I don't see how there's any comparison here . It's painfully obvious that Nabu > Phantom Stranger . nabu went down easily. i mean he did nothing to the spectre. ps was shown and said that spectre couldnt even kill him. see the diff.

show these scans cuz i dont think anyone knows what u are talking about?

quanchi112
Yo.

did Nabu make ANY appearance in DoV, aside from ish #2 where Fate got dismissed??

Tazer i am waiting on these scans as well.

Erik-Lensherr
Yo.

Tazer

Yes

Back on ignore you go smile

quanchi112
Yes

Back on ignore you go smile prove ur case. see this is why u cannot debate. u talk about proving it but when someone asks u for scans u say back on ignore u go.

laughing

Erik-Lensherr
The level of intelligence from this thread suddenly increased dramatically

Galan007
Feat-wise PS hasn't done much, --- He did however override the 'mouse spell' Spectre himself placed.

There was even mention after he transformed back to his 'human' form, that PS could have beaten Spectre himself, .

All I can say for sure regarding Nabu and PS, is that PS is absolutely more essential to existence.... But who is more powerful based on feats, is open for debate. ermm

Fire Ninja
Team Parallax wins

Erik-Lensherr
I don't see how him eventually transforming back to normal helps prove that he is stronger than either of them.

You mean Blue Devil's statement saying "Now we can really kick that evil ghosts's butt" ?

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/dovstment.jpg

That statement is illogical seeing as how in the first issue PS was easily beaten by Spectre , and I really hope that you're not trying to take his word for granted . Not to mention the fact that he says we and not you .

I really don't see how it's up for debate . Spectre more or less effortsley has beaten PS while he more or less struggled to do so against Nabu .

Galan007
I don't see how him eventually transforming back to normal helps prove that he is stronger than either of them.

You mean Blue Devil's statement saying "Now we can really kick that evil ghosts's butt" ?

That statement is illogical seeing as how in the first issue PS was easily beaten by Spectre , and I really hope that you're not trying to take his word for granted . Not to mention the fact that he says we and not you .

I really don't see how it's up for debate . Spectre more or less effortsley has beaten PS while he more or less struggled to do so against Nabu . *sighs*

Did I give an opinion on who I believe is the more powerful character? no

I simply pointed out facts about PS that no one had mentioned... smile

Erik-Lensherr
confused

Umm .. okay .

Who do you think takes this ?

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr Originally posted by Tazer

cuz I dont remember it......so lz share it if U got it. Yes

ok.....will U plz tell or, or better yet SHOW US, exactly wat it was??

Tazer

Galan007
confused

Umm .. okay .

Who do you think takes this ? Team 1.

quanchi112
Yo.

Yes

Tazer he has nothing. watch out if u keep asking he'll put u on ignore.

Erik-Lensherr
Yo.

Yes

Tazer

I'll post them in a few minutes , after eating .

Cool

quanchi112

Cool im waiting.

Erik-Lensherr
attentionwhore

quanchi112
attentionwhore listen if im on ignore thats fine. but i cant still repsond to u. quit wasting time responding to me and show the scnas of what u are talking about.

Tazer
Yo.

so.....have U finished eating??

Tazer

Juntai
Yo.

so.....have U finished eating??

Tazer in DOV Special, Spectre and Nabu battled.

Juntai
Phantom Stranger was still too weak, because he dumped a large amount of his energy into Captain Marvel, alongside pretty much all the magic in the universe.

Juntai
Spectre more or less effortsley has beaten PS while he more or less struggled to do so against Nabu .

"Why is it taking you so long to kill me Spectre?" - Nabu.
"How long it takes doesn't matter, only that it's done." - Spectre.

Nabu knows Spectre was toying with him. Once he got Spectre to lose his patience, he died instantly.
Spectre has also defeated Nabu a few times prior to DOV as well.

Erik-Lensherr
The fight Spectre had with Nabu :

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/Scan00456.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/Scan00457.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/Scan00458.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/Scan00459.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/Scan00460.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/Scan00461.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/Scan00462.jpg

Any resonable person who would analyze the fights Phantom Stranger and Nabu had with Spectre would obviously realize that Nabu > Phantom Stranger

Are you talking about the fight he had with Spectre ? That happened before Captain Marvel fought him and got pumped with magic .

I don't see that as a statement that Spectre was toying with him , more of a statement that proves that Spectre was actually struggling in a way and wasn't able to kill him outright .
Only when Spectre was really pissed off and savagely grasped everywhere at once for enough magic to beat Nabu did he really succed in doing so .
Any way you look at it , Spectre did more or less struggle to defeat Nabu .

Juntai
The fight Spectre had with Nabu :

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/Scan00456.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/Scan00457.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/Scan00458.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/Scan00459.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/Scan00460.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/Scan00461.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/Scan00462.jpg

Any resonable person who would analyze the fights Phantom Stranger and Nabu had with Spectre would obviously realize that Nabu > Phantom Stranger

Are you talking about the fight he had with Spectre ? That happened before Captain Marvel fought him and got pumped with magic .

I don't see that as a statement that Spectre was toying with him , more of a statement that proves that Spectre was actually struggling in a way and wasn't able to kill him outright .
Only when Spectre was really pissed off and savagely grasped everywhere at once for enough magic to beat Nabu did he really succed in doing so .
Any way you look at it , Spectre did more or less struggle to defeat Nabu . I don't need scans, I have the comic.

No, I was talking about the scan above of Phantom Stranger saying he was still too weak to battle Spectre. Because he dumped his energy into Captain Marvel.

Nabu knew he wasn't a match for Spectre. Those quotes tell me Nabu knew he should have been dead shortly into the battle, and Spectre basically admits to toying with him in the retort. Spectre has also beaten him several times before. Try reading Spectre volume 3.

Neither Phantom Stranger nor Nabu are a great match against the Spectre.

Erik-Lensherr
Not for you

Yeah , but what does this have to do with the fact that he got beaten rather easily in his encounter with the Spectre ?

Those quotes tell me differently . If Spectre said "stupid magician I could kill you any time I want" then I would have taken it for granted but that's not the case here since that quote pretty obviously implies that Spectre can't actually kill him outright and actually struggles to do so .
And I've already read Spectre v3 along with all the other post-crisis appearences he's had . I've already seen the matches he's had with Nabu in which he's beaten him . But it seems you are misinterpretting what I'm saying . I've never said that Nabu is equal to Spectre . What I'm pointing out is the fact that Nabu actually held his own and didn't actually fall to Spectre as easily as PS did .

Nobody is saying that either one of them are as strong as Spectre , but like I said , what I'm pointing out is that Nabu didn't go down without a fight , unlike PS who got beaten quickly .

What I'm discussing here isn't Nabu vs Spectre or PS vs Spectre . Neither one of them is stronger than him . What I'm discussing here is that one of them actually held his own while the other one didn't . smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by Juntai
I don't need scans, I have the comic.

No, I was talking about the scan above of Phantom Stranger saying he was still too weak to battle Spectre. Because he dumped his energy into Captain Marvel.

Nabu knew he wasn't a match for Spectre. Those quotes tell me Nabu knew he should have been dead shortly into the battle, and Spectre basically admits to toying with him in the retort. Spectre has also beaten him several times before. Try reading Spectre volume 3.

Neither Phantom Stranger nor Nabu are a great match against the Spectre. the point is that the ps is more powerful than nabu. these scans back up the claims. erik's own scans backfired on him.

Erik-Lensherr
Still trolling the board huh ?

That's just sad

Juntai
Not for you

Yeah , but what does this have to do with the fact that he got beaten rather easily in his encounter with the Spectre ?

Those quotes tell me differently . If Spectre said "stupid magician I could kill you any time I want" then I would have taken it for granted but that's not the case here since that quote pretty obviously implies that Spectre can't actually kill him outright and actually struggles to do so .
And I've already read Spectre v3 along with all the other post-crisis appearences he's had . I've already seen the matches he's had with Nabu in which he's beaten him . But it seems you are misinterpretting what I'm saying . I've never said that Nabu is equal to Spectre . What I'm pointing out is the fact that Nabu actually held his own and didn't actually fall to Spectre as easily as PS did .

Nobody is saying that either one of them are as strong as Spectre , but like I said , what I'm pointing out is that Nabu didn't go down without a fight , unlike PS who got beaten quickly .

What I'm discussing here isn't Nabu vs Spectre or PS vs Spectre . Neither one of them is stronger than him . What I'm discussing here is that one of them actually held his own while the other one didn't . smile The insinuation between the two in the quote seemed to point towards Spectre toying with him. Then the end of the fight seems only to solidify it, he grabbed up enough magic mojo to actually kill Nabu.. and there's no reason to believe he couldn't have done that from the start.

I'm not making a case for Nabu or Phantom Stranger here, I personally believe they're in the same class of power- who's stronger? Don't know. -- I just think it's kinda messed up using this as the scenario to determine the strength of the characters, since Phantom Stranger's happened off panel, and Nabu died the instant Spectre decided to end the fight.

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by Juntai
The insinuation between the two in the quote seemed to point towards Spectre toying with him. Then the end of the fight seems only to solidify it, he grabbed up enough magic mojo to actually kill Nabu.. and there's no reason to believe he couldn't have done that from the start.

I'm not making a case for Nabu or Phantom Stranger here, I personally believe they're in the same class of power- who's stronger? Don't know. -- I just think it's kinda messed up using this as the scenario to determine the strength of the characters, since Phantom Stranger's happened off panel, and Nabu died the instant Spectre decided to end the fight.

Perhaps your interpretation of the statement does but certainly mine doesn't . The dialogue clearly insinuates that Spectre can't beat Nabu outright .
Not to mention that even during their fight , you can clearly see that Spectre wasn't exactly having an easy one . You can clearly see that Spectre was actually trying to beat him and was pretty far from "toying" with him like you say he was .
Not to mention that Nabu was baiting him and trying to make him mad . The final scene where Spectre kills Nabu is more like a desperate move , made at anger , as the description clearly suggests
"Now ! He's read ! His rage is full ! Do it now !" "The last vestige of his reason and control snaps !" "Spectre reaches out , savagely and blindly grasping everywhere at once for enough magic to destroy me" .
To me it's very clear that Nabu > Phantom Stranger due to their performances against Spectre .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.