Mephisto vs. Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lightsnake
Setting: Mephisto's realm, both with access to their powers and weapons.

Who would win?

Symmetric Chaos
lol

Priest
its been done in comics before, Thor stalemated Mephisto in his realm.
Mephisto can't do jack shit to a true god.

Lightsnake
Um, quite frankly: BS.

The writing in that issue was poor, completely and bases itself upon two huge fallacies: That neither Mephisto or Thor can be destroyed.

In earlier issues, Thor was totally incapable of matching Mephisto in his realm. Annual 13, I believe.
So don't bring out PIS...otherwise Spidey>Firelord

Priest
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Um, quite frankly: BS.

The writing in that issue was poor, completely and bases itself upon two huge fallacies: That neither Mephisto or Thor can be destroyed.

In earlier issues, Thor was totally incapable of matching Mephisto in his realm. Annual 13, I believe.
So don't bring out PIS...otherwise Spidey>Firelord
I actually wrote wat i mentioned before to see wats ur real opinion on the fight wink
why would would u make a thread if u know that Mesphisto is nearlly omnipotent in his realm?

Lightsnake
Actually, I didn't, so let's move it a more neutral setting.

But in all actuality, the time we see Mephisto starting fighting Thor...Thor is no match for him.

quanchi112
mephisto crushes thor. he has no chance in mephistos realm. only galactus and adam warlock with the soul gem beat him there that i know of.

Lightsnake
Technically it was sort of a stalemate with Galactus...in actual combat, they seemed equal

quanchi112
Technically it was sort of a stalemate with Galactus...in actual combat, they seemed equal galactus was absorbing his realm. he won.

Lightsnake
Yes. In a way that had absolutely nothing to do with combat ability.

Mephisto himself said that the mortals weren't worth any disruption to his realm. It's a bit hard to fight against that specific power of Gally's/
In straight combat, it could've eventually threatened the universe

quanchi112
Yes. In a way that had absolutely nothing to do with combat ability.

Mephisto himself said that the mortals weren't worth any disruption to his realm. It's a bit hard to fight against that specific power of Gally's/
In straight combat, it could've eventually threatened the universe yes but mephisto was doing nothing to galactus. when galan got serious he got what he wanted as mephisto could do nothing to stop him.

Lightsnake
Erm...dude, the comic itself said if the fight continued as it was, the entire universe would be at risk.

Galactus switched tactics on the fly...in sheer combat, he was Meph's equal. He just changed tactics to drain Meph's world, making him realize the gains are NOT worth the risks.

kevdude
Well I saw the scans too. Galactus was losing power fighting Mephisto in his realm and then Big G started to absorb his realm. Mephisto was winning until Big G needed energy, if Big G dies then Mephisto's got bigger problems then even Galactus.

Lightsnake
In fairness, Galactus had to have come fully prepared for a fight. He knows what Mephisto is and how greedy and evil he is.

In fact, one of the Heralds is the one to give Galactus the idea to abandon the fight and try his other tactic-Mephisto thinks Galactus is breaking off to withdraw and doesn't attack further until Gal starts absorbing the world. Mephisto yells he can't fight this way and that no mortlas are worth the disruption of his realm's stability.

So Galactuc uses tactics to win-though he and Mephisto were evenly matched as combatants

quanchi112
Erm...dude, the comic itself said if the fight continued as it was, the entire universe would be at risk.

Galactus switched tactics on the fly...in sheer combat, he was Meph's equal. He just changed tactics to drain Meph's world, making him realize the gains are NOT worth the risks. meph got owned in his own realm. bottom line is he lost and not galactus.

quanchi112
In fairness, Galactus had to have come fully prepared for a fight. He knows what Mephisto is and how greedy and evil he is.

In fact, one of the Heralds is the one to give Galactus the idea to abandon the fight and try his other tactic-Mephisto thinks Galactus is breaking off to withdraw and doesn't attack further until Gal starts absorbing the world. Mephisto yells he can't fight this way and that no mortlas are worth the disruption of his realm's stability.

So Galactuc uses tactics to win-though he and Mephisto were evenly matched as combatants in his own realm they were about equal in terms of power in there. but ,eph had no way to defeat galan. while galan could absorb his whole realm and then crush him.

Lightsnake
What are you talking about? A fully fed Galactus couldn't overcome Mephisto: He resorted to trying to drain the world to break their stalemate because Mephisto would realize when his world was at risk, it'd be less risky to surrender the Heralds.

There's no 'ownage' there, don't throw around terms. In combat, they were equals. PERIOD.

quanchi112
What are you talking about? A fully fed Galactus couldn't overcome Mephisto: He resorted to trying to drain the world to break their stalemate because Mephisto would realize when his world was at risk, it'd be less risky to surrender the Heralds.

There's no 'ownage' there, don't throw around terms. In combat, they were equals. PERIOD. if they were equals then mephisto would have been able to stop him. he couldnt. galactus could absorb his realm when he wanted to win everytime. mephisto cant beat galactus in any way.

Lightsnake
Quan, True...or false:
Galactus was NOT able to overcome Mephisto in direct combat and had to change tactics?

In direct combat, Mephisto can beat Galactus...he was getting the better of Galactus there, it's pretty clear. Please READ the comic. Why do you think Galactus had to resort to that? He withdrew from the fight, then attempts to absorb Mephisto's realm-whether this would even work, we don't know...all we know is Mephisto considers his risks higher than his gains. ALL we know is that:
Mephisto and Galactus fight as exact equals in direct combat period. Accept it. But, this deviates: this is Thor against Meph, not Gal

Bouboumaster
I read the comics. And I go in the same way that Quanchi.

There's nothing clear about Mephisto overpowering Galactus. In fact, Galactus work on a field that Mephisto couldn't. That was smart.

And, without his realm, do we have to talk of what have could been the issue of the match?

Is Galactus would wanted it, he could be able to consume hell, and Mephisto too.

Oh, and the favorite weakspot that Mephisto love to touch is the soul, nor Galactus doesn't get one.

quanchi112
Quan, True...or false:
Galactus was NOT able to overcome Mephisto in direct combat and had to change tactics?

In direct combat, Mephisto can beat Galactus...he was getting the better of Galactus there, it's pretty clear. Please READ the comic. Why do you think Galactus had to resort to that? He withdrew from the fight, then attempts to absorb Mephisto's realm-whether this would even work, we don't know...all we know is Mephisto considers his risks higher than his gains. ALL we know is that:
Mephisto and Galactus fight as exact equals in direct combat period. Accept it. But, this deviates: this is Thor against Meph, not Gal mephisto was not able to best galactus in direct combat either. when galactus wanted to he ended this. thats how he wins. he won this conflict. end of story. he could do it every time and why wouldnt he. meph showed no signs of winning.

i already told u i think thor gets waxed here and easily.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

There's nothing clear about Mephisto overpowering Galactus. In fact, Galactus work on a field that Mephisto couldn't. That was smart.

And, without his realm, do we have to talk of what have could been the issue of the match?

Is Galactus would wanted it, he could be able to consume hell, and Mephisto too.

Oh, and the favorite weakspot that Mephisto love to touch is the soul, nor Galactus doesn't get one. why thanks for agreeing with me. smile

Lightsnake
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

Oh, and the favorite weakspot that Mephisto love to touch is the soul, nor Galactus doesn't get one.
No, but it is clear at that point, in his realm, in combat, Mephisto had the edge in power and ability. Galactus had to resort to a means Mephisto couldn;t counter and not attack Mephisto directly. It's a victory, but it's the same as pulling a gun in the middle of a sword fight-you'll win, but not in the way that proves your skill.

Where would he have been able to consume the dark realm or Meph, btw? Meph just said it wasn't worth the risk. While Galactus has no soul, that shouldn't make a difference to power: it's just that Mephisto wouldn't be able to 'claim' Gal

quanchi112
No, but it is clear at that point, in his realm, in combat, Mephisto had the edge in power and ability. Galactus had to resort to a means Mephisto couldn;t counter and not attack Mephisto directly. It's a victory, but it's the same as pulling a gun in the middle of a sword fight-you'll win, but not in the way that proves your skill.

Where would he have been able to consume the dark realm or Meph, btw? Meph just said it wasn't worth the risk. While Galactus has no soul, that shouldn't make a difference to power: it's just that Mephisto wouldn't be able to 'claim' Gal meph had no edge. he lost. he did nothing to big g. read the comic.

Lightsnake
Please...read the comic and/or go away and stop repeating the same debunked point.

They were fighting EVENLY, for the last time. Galactus HAD to CHANGE TACTICS because he wasn't making any headway in COMBAT. Since Thor can't ABSORB WORLDS, it won't help him.
Done? Good.

quanchi112
Please...read the comic and/or go away and stop repeating the same debunked point.

They were fighting EVENLY, for the last time. Galactus HAD to CHANGE TACTICS because he wasn't making any headway in COMBAT. Since Thor can't ABSORB WORLDS, it won't help him.
Done? Good. galactus and mephisto were stalemating and galactus would change his tactic everytime. he would win in mephistos realm everytime.

thor gets crushed here.

Lightsnake
Funny how Galactus didn't think of it until his herald sent him the idea...

quanchi112
Funny how Galactus didn't think of it until his herald sent him the idea... galactus >mephisto anywhere.

Lightsnake
Thank you for all the evidence and proof.

Kurash
Thank you for all the evidence and proof.

laughing get use to it

thor gets smashed by the way

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.