TF DvD Release Date Pinned for Oct.16th

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scythe
Was browsing around Amazon.com when I came across this wonder.

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Two-Disc-Special-Shia-LaBeouf/dp/B00005JPNO/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-1734190-0906803?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1190698260&sr=8-1

Seems pricey as opposed to what you can get at Wal-Mart or Target, but it's finally coming out.

super pr*xy
the studios are really squeezing the dollar out of this franchise. and i'm glad they are because i'd be the first one in line being squeezed out of my dollar...

Scythe
Yeah, the special collectors edition better be worth it, however let's hope that the bonus features aren't lame.

grey fox
What of Region 2 ?

Scythe
Originally posted by grey fox
What of Region 2 ?

I think that was scheduled to be released either a week earlier or later. I'll look into it for you.

zbucsz
piff i had it on bootleg 3 days after the movie was out

Scythe
So did I, but I'm still gettin' a legal copy of it.

bob_fm
Can't wait till next Tuesday

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Can't wait to buy my copy.

Huma
Any news on what the special features are going to be on the Special Edition? I want it but don't wanna waste my money on lame special features.

grey fox
I STILL want to know when Region 2 one is coming out....

Menetnashté
Doesn't really have any special stuff, you know the directors cut is going to come out in like a week though...

Scythe

Scythe
So I purchased the Wal-Mart exclusive dvd which comes bundled with a twenty minute dvd called 'The Beginning" and lemme tell you. It was the same price as the regular edition, which is about $19.00 down here, but it wasn't really worth it. It's pretty much the prologue comic, animated with 'moving comic scans'. It's narrated by an annoying sounding Bumblebee and althought it does host Cullen and Welker as their TF counterparts, it wasn't enough to say "I totally have to have this!" Starscream's voice in the prologue film also sounds abit better then the one in the feature film. Still not worth the freebie.

I also purchased the two-disc speical edition. The front cover design is rather stunning, with a close up of Optimus' face, the two discs give host to the actual movie on disc one, and the second disc just has bonus features. It's alot of watching, but I feel as of an 'in-depth' look wasn't really achieved. I did enjoy it however. Also, the two-disc set for some odd reason, is five bucks more... Lame...

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Scythe
So I purchased the Wal-Mart exclusive dvd which comes bundled with a twenty minute dvd called 'The Beginning" and lemme tell you. It was the same price as the regular edition, which is about $19.00 down here, but it wasn't really worth it. It's pretty much the prologue comic, animated with 'moving comic scans'. It's narrated by an annoying sounding Bumblebee and althought it does host Cullen and Welker as their TF counterparts, it wasn't enough to say "I totally have to have this!" Starscream's voice in the prologue film also sounds abit better then the one in the feature film. Still not worth the freebie.

I also purchased the two-disc speical edition. The front cover design is rather stunning, with a close up of Optimus' face, the two discs give host to the actual movie on disc one, and the second disc just has bonus features. It's alot of watching, but I feel as of an 'in-depth' look wasn't really achieved. I did enjoy it however. Also, the two-disc set for some odd reason, is five bucks more... Lame...
I didn't even see it was there, (special edition) what all does it have on it. And I agree about the prologue I stopped watching it after a little while it blew.

Scythe

super pr*xy
i got one from target. the dvd case transformed into optimus. pretty cool. got it for $22.

Scythe
Yeah, the case is really nice.

Huma
I agree about the Target editon one, very neat case. I ended up picking that up. Im poppin' the special features into the dvd player now. With as big as the movie was, I was hoping for something alittle more then just 3 featurettes. Oh well, I'll buy it again in a year or two when the next one comes out, which will most likely have more features.

Also, for anyone that hasn't noticed, watch the movie to the very end and it has a few more things included. Ironman trailer and some other stuff I haven't looked at yet =)

Scythe
When is the Directors Cut coming out?

Menetnashté
Oh, it's only at target? Gay.

Scythe
Yeah, Wal-Mart had that crappy Beginnings dvd, and Target had the special case.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by Huma
I agree about the Target editon one, very neat case. I ended up picking that up. Im poppin' the special features into the dvd player now. With as big as the movie was, I was hoping for something alittle more then just 3 featurettes. Oh well, I'll buy it again in a year or two when the next one comes out, which will most likely have more features.

Also, for anyone that hasn't noticed, watch the movie to the very end and it has a few more things included. Ironman trailer and some other stuff I haven't looked at yet =)

there are more than 3 features those are just menu titles go into each and there is much more, definatly worth the 3 dollars extra and the better looking case that is for the 2 disc edition (not the one with the main movie and the other with the transformers beginning crappy cartoon) just download that off a torrent site)

FYI in the special features disc there are 4 easter eggs (haven't seen those in quite a while)

when you go into the OUR WORLD section push down the whole way and an icon will appear on the left side of the main menu text then hit enter
do the same thing in THEIR WAR but push left

and with MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE push up and you'll get the icon on the left side of the main menu text

if you go into the trailers and push right another icon appears to the left of more than meets the eye text.
just keep pushing unitl the icon is highlited
Enjoy

Scythe
Indeed, I recently bought both versions, and there are zero bonus features in the standard edition...

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Scythe
Indeed, I recently bought both versions, and there are zero bonus features in the standard edition...
Yeah it's gay like that. I though it'd have some, I got the gay ass beginning thing which I refused to watch all of.

Scythe
We should've read a review on the "beginning" shit before we bought Menetnashte, damn we're stupid...

Scythe
Seriously, how f*cking hard is it to find this movie in full screen?! Goddan!

Sadako of Girth
Time to upgrade to a widescreen...?

grey fox
Presumably, but yeah...i'm TF-less.

No TF for Fox 'till december sad

Sadako of Girth
Man if Santa tries putting any movie stuff down my chim-chimery-chin-chimery-chim-chim-cheroo this xmas, he'll find that not only will my fire be on (maximum blaze of course), but the hounds will be waiting for some barbequed fatman.

And whats left will be charged with aggrovated breaking and entering.

Scythe
Is there a f*cking widescreen version of TF?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.