Yet Another Interesting Thought

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Sexy
I was sitting down waiting for next (basketball), and I started thinking. Don't ask me why I sometimes think about star wars on my spare time, because I haven't the foggiest notion. Anyways..

What does it mean when the general idea is that Sidious and Yoda were pure equals in the force? If you think about it, Yoda's lightside was equal to Sidious' dark side. But what would happen if it was Yoda's darkside against Sidious' darkside. According to Dooku, Yoda would annihilate him, as he would have no restrictions on his offensive abilities and would probably have plenty of them. Or hell, what would happen if it was light side Yoda against light side Sidious? Sidious wouldn't have any of those abilities. We've already established that the darkside is more powerful, but we have had instances where this wasn't the case at all. I don't know if using Luke as a good example because even if he is lightside, he's still technically supposed to be twice as powerful as Sidious. However, the best instance would be Revan. He became even more powerful with the light side than he ever was as a DLOTS. But how can this be? The dark side is easier, and according to GL, more powerful. Anyways, so when someone says "Sidious and Yoda were equals", I think it needs clarification as to how "equal" they are.. I don't know if this makes any sense because I haven't really thought about it, but I'll post it anyways. I'm sure some people can provide useful insight.

xxxpoppunker182
i've never thought about it that way. it's interesting.

Darth_Glentract
Well, all I can say is that the most powerful Force user ever to have lived is a lightsider.

Blue_Hefner
Maybe it means nothing more than they are the heads of the respective groups.

xxxpoppunker182
the way i see it is that the darkside gives you more power in a shorter time and that it's uses are more offensive than anything else

but the lightside, although it takes longer to master, in the end gives you better defense and more allies.

but i think it's worthy to note that the most powerful ones are those who have studied both sides of the force and, with the exception of palpatine, the ones who have done this gained more power once they returned to the lightside.

0°Mandalore°0
Well, Blue Hefner is right, the most powerful being there has ever been in the SW is a lightsider.. that makes you think a bit about whether it really is true that the Dark Side is more powerful.

Darth Sexy
The whole point of this was for clarification when character X and character Y are deemed equals. I believe this is an interesting point many people haven't thought about, including GL..

Count Makashi
The Dark Side is more powerful, but I think its all down to potential, you can train in the Dark Side and be less powerful then a Light Sider, because he has much more potential then you, his Mastery of the Force is much higher then yours, because of his potential(He has better defense, precog...), or the one studying the Light has already reached his peak and started to train earlier then you, even though you have higher potential, you just need more time, to become stronger, like in the case of Sidious and Yoda.

I think that Yoda and Sidious were about equal in mastery of the Force as of ROTS, but difference is, Yoda has already reached his peak in ROTS, while Sidious still hasn't his, he is much more powerful in the OT and in the Force, as of OT, would defeat Yoda easily at worst.

But if you had 2 persons who are absolutely equal in potential and started to train at the exactly the same time and one studied Light Side and the other Dark Side, then the one who was studying the Dark, would be more powerful.

Darth Sexy
If Yoda had already reached his peak, then why did Count Dooku believe that if Yoda went to the dark side, he would annihilate Sidious and take down the galaxy?

Count Makashi
I meant he already reached his peak as a Lightsider, that's why he was able to stalemate ROTS Sidious, who hasn't reached his yet. I think if Yoda went to the Dark Side, he would be roughly equal to OT Sidious. They have roughly equal potential.

Darth Sexy
You don't know that though. For all you know, Yoda would have equaled DE Sidious. The point is, these kinds of things need clarification. I don't think Yoda reached his lightside peak because I don't think there is such a thing. I think someone is more powerful on certain sides. For instance, Yoda would have been more powerful as a dark sider because he would have had no restraints. On the other hand, Revan became uber powerful as a lightsider, more powerful than he was as a dark lord, so these things are interesting to think about.

Count Makashi
Maybe because Revan still had allot of potential(and time) to fulfil, maybe that's why he was more powerful later as a Light sider, even if he remained a Sith, he would become more powerful as well with time, even more as he would as a Lightsider.

Or maybe its just a inconsistency.

Captain REX
I disagree that the Dark Side is stronger than the Light Side. The Light Side just takes longer to develop such power that the Dark Side grants almost instantly, and is ultimately the better choice anyways.

Darth Sexy
Well, didn't GL state the dark side is stronger? There have been cases where potentials were better with the darkside, while others were better with the lightside. Ironically, the best individuals are better with the lightside. Anyways, it's still something worth mentioning in a versus thread.

Manslayer
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
If Yoda had already reached his peak, then why did Count Dooku believe that if Yoda went to the dark side, he would annihilate Sidious and take down the galaxy? That could be his fallible opinion.

Even sidious made a statement in his thoughts which i believe is fallible because it was never proven

We would have no idea what a dark side yoda would turn out to be or the offensive powers he has. As count makashi said, yoda reached his peak in ROTS while Sidious has yet to

Darth Sexy
I don't see how it oculd be a fallible opinion. Dooku had the experience and the authority to make such a claim.

Manslayer
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
I don't see how it oculd be a fallible opinion. Dooku had the experience and the authority to make such a claim. And so did sidious, he stated vader still had the ability to reawaken the incredible power within him provided if he completely shakes lose of all his doubts.

But anyways its just my opinion that there opinions could be fallible, the fact is weather yoda would beat the hell out of sidious if he was a dark sider is unknown and debatable.

Btw sexy, legends back to his craptaholic kotor fangirlism

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.