Nathan Petrelli - Flying Man!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quincy
Our Flying Congressman.

Love Him. Hate Him. Both? Come here to discuss what our favorite self-centered and yet somehow comforting Older Brother Nathan.

Yes yes, Nathan is an Ass. Throughout the first season, one couldn't help but say to themselves "Stop being an ass!" But we were all extremely excited when He saved the day at the end of "How to Stop and Exploding Man."

Despite his shenanigans that some say make him a bad guy, I've always thought Nathan was one of the best characters on the show.

And now - After finally being the hero....

His life is in ruins, kids are gone, wife left him, no more congress, he's distanced from his only remaining parent, and the one person he truly loved is gone...at least for now.

So what do you think of Nathan?

Captain REX
It's actually really sad to see Nathan as he is now. The crisp, stern figure of Nathan, while not the most moral of people, for some reason just appealed to me, character-wise.

Despite his less-than-noble actions, we know he was doing it for the greater good, and we know in the end he made the right choice to save lives rather than be a villain.

The only time I didn't like Nathan? Five Years Gone. But that's Sylar-Nathan...

Mairuzu
Nathan is an awesome character.. he has his bad sides and good side.. thats what i like about him..

Entity
Has anyone else here thought about the fact that Hiro still thinks Nathan's a villain?

He left before Nathan showed up to fly Peter into the sky and the last confrontations they had he'd shown to be a villain to Hiro.

Oh of my favorite Hiro moments was when he realised Nathan wasn't so good as he got into the car to leave and Hiro was like "your villain"!
Thou it was sad at the same time to see Hiro lose all this faith he had misplaced in Nathan.

Mairuzu
Hiro still doesnt know what happened in new york... he went away before peter exploded

so he didnt get to see nathans heroic move

Captain REX
I didn't think about that. That scene rather sad; Hiro had put a lot of value on the evolved humans he had met and considered them all to be good (except for Sylar, of course), but realizing that this label was untrue with Nathan (at leats on the surface, before the explosion) he labeled Nathan a villain. Oi.

Mairuzu
And he doesn't realize that nathan in the future was really sylar...

Entity
Originally posted by Mairuzu
And he doesn't realize that nathan in the future was really sylar... Yea thats another thing I'd thought about. So in pretty much every way Hiro has every reason to completely distrust Nathan.

I just think it would be interesting if towards the end of the season Hiro came back and happen to see Nathan doing something just to stop him on instinct. Only to find out it was going to save the world or something.

Captain REX
So...

Nathan sees disfigured versions of himself in the mirror. Why?

Strangelove
Originally posted by Captain REX
So...

Nathan sees disfigured versions of himself in the mirror. Why? I think it's a reflection of his guilt for losing Peter.

Captain REX
Or something more?!

Mairuzu
Can't really think of what else it would be

starlock
So...

Nathan sees disfigured versions of himself in the mirror. Why?

Maybe in the four months he met up with Candice and she gave him an illusion?

BTW why all the fuss about peter...Nathan and his mother had almost a whole episode devoted to them explaining peter would not die

Mairuzu
Originally posted by starlock
Maybe in the four months he met up with Candice and she gave him an illusion?

BTW why all the fuss about peter...Nathan and his mother had almost a whole episode devoted to them explaining peter would not die i doubt candace's power would still affect nathan that long if he even met her...

And to answer your second question... PETER IS BAMF

Ordained
Originally posted by Mairuzu
And to answer your second question... PETER IS ONE BAMF You got that right!!

Mairuzu
FRYING MAN!

~Forever*Alone~
i dont like how hes so..... emo now.....

Ordained
What does "emo" mean? I hear that a lot.

Strangelove
It's stupid and means practically nothing. It annoys the crap out of me when people use it as if it's a valid descriptor.

Captain REX
Nathan? Emo? He's got a ****ed up life, guys. Four months ago, his mom was asking him to blow up New York. Now, his brother is supposedly dead, his wife hates him, he hasn't seen his kids in awhile, his mom is being attacked and confessing to a murder she didn't commit, and he sees freakish toasted versions of himself in the mirror every once and awhile.

That's justified emo-ness, in my book...

Mairuzu
Exactly.. do you want him to be skipping around new york with a smile on his face?

Ordained
I have nothing against the man. I personally like him. I think tha he would've made a great politician and can't wait to see what the writer's have in store for him.

Captain REX
Oh, that's one thing I'm sad about. He's no longer a Congressman.

Strangelove
Oh, that's one thing I'm sad about. He's no longer a Congressman. Well, if you think about it, he never was. I'm betting after losing Peter, he went under and was never even sworn in.

Mairuzu
Hes still one of my fav characters, hes looks like a typical badass

Captain REX
Ah, true, Strangelove. In that case, I mean he is no longer a politician.

I'm glad he shaved, of course...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.