Thing vs Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
boatThe Thing is stronger. I know we have a P. Namor fan on this sight.
They're both premier characters in marvel. Each personifies a really great ability.
Can Namor stand up to the Thing on dry land? raver

who?-kid
Easy : on land, Thing wins, in the water, Thing drowns.

juggernaut74
Why would they fight in the water?

who?-kid
Why not, it's as good a place as any wink

juggernaut74
I guess.

Nathaniel Grey
I think it depends. If Namor isn't totally dehydrated and he's near a source of water he could readily get to in order to replenish his strength I personally think he'd have a greater chance of taking on Ben Grimm. Otherwise if they're in the middle of a dessert and the sun is beating down on both of them -- Namor is finished. His strength is always determined by his interaction with a source of water. He's even defeated the Hulk on occasion when they were both immersed in the Ocean. So yeah this is an easy one. If they're both in the water...it's all McKenzie. But if they're on land away from an available source of moisture it's all Grimm. But if they're in between it could go either way. Heh. Gotta be more specific.

Wynndar
They have fought in water...Thing has pills Reed made that allow him to breath water...he just took the pills and jumped into the ocean...then he beat Namor on his wn turf.

Nathaniel Grey
That's horrid. Namor should have the mobility and strength to take on Grimm especially under water. He should be unmatched there considering Thing would be proportionately slower and under greater pressure making his motions more lethargic if anything. That's some BAD writing right there then.

Wynndar
Thing should lose to most people on paper...he's just too tough...and everyone underestimates him.

whobdamandog
True dat.. Remember who was the only one able to beat the Original Champion...

KillAll
he beat champion?? thats news to me... far as i knew, thing only lasted 3 rounds, and got the hell beat out of him...

thing wasnt even close to winning that match. you havnt read it... be honest i wont tell anybody your secrets.

juggernaut74
I dont think anybody beat the Champion. Thing fought last and would not quit. Champion kicked his @ss like he did everyones except Hulk and Thor who were disqualified. It was a boxing only match and that was Things specialty so therefore he did the best.

Maelstrom
Thanos beat the champion in order to possess the power gem from him.

KillAll
no he didnt wink

well... kind of... he didnt physically beat champion. he cheated/tricked him

champion is like the ultimate physical battle. in his original appearances nobody could defeat him. he would decimate all. his punch was powerful enough to shatter a planet.

endrict
Fight in NYC

Who wins?

pr1983
merged... if there's one with more posts, i'll see if i can find it...

endrict
LOL...OOPS.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by KillAll
he beat champion?? thats news to me... far as i knew, thing only lasted 3 rounds, and got the hell beat out of him...

thing wasnt even close to winning that match. you havnt read it... be honest i wont tell anybody your secrets.

Ben didn't come close to winning the fight and did take quite a beating but, He did manage to break The Champions ribs with a thunderous body blow... And this might surprise you but Ben wouldn't quit although he was the worst for wear,so the called it a draw.

wink

Bouboumaster
Why Thor and Hulk where disqualified?

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Why Thor and Hulk where disqualified?

THOR went all holy on him about him being a GOD and said screw you and threw his hammer at him, HULK started HULKing out, smashed his fists together and and disintegrated his boxing gloves and leaped for The Champion and in both cases they were banished from the arena and disqualified.

cool

nimbus006
Namor takes majority here. He is stronger and faster. Ben might be a little more durable and have more Stamina considering Namor starts to weaken after sometime out of the water unless he has his suit on.

Ill say Namor wins 7/10.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.