Smackdown Vs Raw 2008

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PiruBlood
lets make this the official thread. and imv this game looks like the game ive been waiting for.

SaTsuJiN
lol... I haven't played a good wrestling game since smackdown on PS1

this one is to suddenly reclaim the throne?

AstroFan
Supposedly the Wii version is really good, from what all the previews say.

Tekno Boy
The chance to actually, physically, pull off the moves yourself using the Wii controls? That's gotta be a major plus.

Mirai Gohan
When is this game going to be released?

Bat Dude
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

This game has NO CHANCE at being "best wrestling game"...

Go to "Fire Pro Wrestling Returns" to see why...

But it does have some redeeming qualities, such as CM Punk, and a re-animated Sweet Chin Music...

Mirai Gohan
Thus far, the best wrestling game I've ever played is WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Mirai Gohan
Thus far, the best wrestling game I've ever played is WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007. I second that. I hope this one is good as well, I hope its better actually.

Bloinky
Psh, they took Benoit out of the game and he was suppose to have a lot of good things in the game too.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Bloinky
Psh, they took Benoit out of the game and he was suppose to have a lot of good things in the game too. That's cause he killed his family.

Bloinky
I know but I still think he should be in it still.

Violent2Dope
I know but I still think he should be in it still. No, moms would be complaining and shit.

Lana
Originally posted by Mirai Gohan
When is this game going to be released?

In November...the 13th if I remember correctly.

vandalworks

agreed.

its still the best by far. mite have to go back for another bout sometime. will look fortward to a demo though for 2008

AstroFan

You serious? confused

vandalworks
he shouldnt be in it. he was a great wrestler but what he did has tarnished him forever. he'll always be known as the wrestler that killed his family.

Blax_Hydralisk
He will, which is a shame because Benoit was one of the best actual wrestlers in the buisness. His technical skills on the mat were top-notch, and he wasn't above physically hurting himself to please the fans. He gave a 110% to the buisness and the fans.

PiruBlood
this will be the best of the smackdown series. well second best wile here comes the pain has the crown. the ecw shit looks crazy.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
He will, which is a shame because Benoit was one of the best actual wrestlers in the buisness. His technical skills on the mat were top-notch, and he wasn't above physically hurting himself to please the fans. He gave a 110% to the buisness and the fans. It is a shame.

K.Diddy
Dissapointing...

Muck101

Chris Benoit was a friggin cool wrestler. Unfortunately, he was also a child murdering roid-freak. Jerkoff killed his little son fer chrissake. So no, he shouldnt even be mentioned by the wwe ever again.

Darth Hord
It's a good game but I don't like how long it takes in this one to get a created superstar to perfect stats.

ragesRemorse
is this better than 2007...,is there still a story mode?

brainchild81

this one is to suddenly reclaim the throne? That throne has always belonged to the Aki games. (WWF: No Mercy & Wrestlemania 2000 for the N64, Def Jam: Vendetta & Fight 4NY on PS2) Smackdown games are basically crap w/good graphics.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by brainchild81
That throne has always belonged to the Aki games. (WWF: No Mercy & Wrestlemania 2000 for the N64, Def Jam: Vendetta & Fight 4NY on PS2) Smackdown games are basically crap w/good graphics.

QFT.

The THQ (Aki?) games are tight as hell. No Mercy was the peak, imo, but the control scheme and depth was light-years beyond the competition even in their earliest forays into wrestling games (WCW/NWO World Tour, Revenge, etc.)

ragesRemorse
How the hell do i push people out of the ring in a royal rumble? Everytime i attempt to push people out, no matter what buttons i press or which sticks i tilt. It isnt until another competitor assists me, that their grip meter begins to go down

The loading screens for this game are almost as bad as PS1 games. Not only do they take forever, but you have to sit through two before and after every match

brainchild81
Originally posted by DigiMark007
QFT.

The THQ (Aki?) games are tight as hell. No Mercy was the peak, imo, but the control scheme and depth was light-years beyond the competition even in their earliest forays into wrestling games (WCW/NWO World Tour, Revenge, etc.) Aki was the developer behind all those great games. It all started w/WCW vs. The World/Virtual Pro Wrestling on the PS1 & just got better & better from there. THQ just published them. THQ still publishes the lousy wrestling games made today by Yuck's(Yuke's).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.