Battle Zone Odds Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
Well I figured that since we have Odds threads for tourney's, we could use one for the Battle Zone too. So this is where we can all kick back and make our bets on any upcoming matches that seem particularly interesting.

In an hour or so, TricksterPriest and I will get things kicked off with the first ever Battle Zone match. Here are the details for anyone interested...

It's going to be a non-official, standard match where TricksterPriest will represent classic Darkseid, and I'll be representing classic Thanos. Here are some of the specific details of the match...

Darkseid-Trickster is allowed to use all of DS's printed Pre Seven Soldiers arc(no Seven Soldiers showings though) because technically there's only one Darkseid in DC. The only limitation to this, is alternate versions of DS from future timelines(such as the GDS) as per Forum Rules.

Thanos-I will be allowed to use all of Thanos's canon appearances, including the showings of Thanos's LOW LEVEL clones. When I say low level I mean the "standard" Thanos clones that are often mistaken for him, but not clones like Omega or X which are DNA amalgams of Thanos and another character.

Now here's where it gets tricky because rather than just try to convince the judges that our characters would win the majority in a fight between the two, Trickster and I have a some special victory conditions for this fight. Trickster's goal is to convince the judges that Darkseid is completely out of Thanos's league, and that Darkseid would beat Thanos in a forum match 10/10. My goal on the other hand is to show that the two are closer in power than most are willing to give Thanos credit for, and convince the judges that Thanos could win at least one match out of 10 between the two. So it's basically an "all or nothing" affair, because in the end it comes down to whether or not it's POSSIBLE for Thanos to win.

So place your bets, and for the love of God would someone else at least TRY to get a match going?

Battlehammer
Me and tony stark are supose to have a match comming up soon

I wonder who people think will win

darth all the way.

pr1983
Originally posted by darthgoober
Well I figured that since we have Odds threads for tourney's, we could use one for the Battle Zone too. So this is where we can all kick back and make our bets on any upcoming matches that seem particularly interesting.

In an hour or so, TricksterPriest and I will get things kicked off with the first ever Battle Zone match. Here are the details for anyone interested...

It's going to be a non-official, standard match where TricksterPriest will represent classic Darkseid, and I'll be representing classic Thanos. Here are some of the specific details of the match...

Darkseid-Trickster is allowed to use all of DS's printed Pre Seven Soldiers arc(no Seven Soldiers showings though) because technically there's only one Darkseid in DC. The only limitation to this, is alternate versions of DS from future timelines(such as the GDS) as per Forum Rules.

Thanos-I will be allowed to use all of Thanos's canon appearances, including the showings of Thanos's LOW LEVEL clones. When I say low level I mean the "standard" Thanos clones that are often mistaken for him, but not clones like Omega or X which are DNA amalgams of Thanos and another character.

Now here's where it gets tricky because rather than just try to convince the judges that our characters would win the majority in a fight between the two, Trickster and I have a some special victory conditions for this fight. Trickster's goal is to convince the judges that Darkseid is completely out of Thanos's league, and that Darkseid would beat Thanos in a forum match 10/10. My goal on the other hand is to show that the two are closer in power than most are willing to give Thanos credit for, and convince the judges that Thanos could win at least one match out of 10 between the two. So it's basically an "all or nothing" affair, because in the end it comes down to whether or not it's POSSIBLE for Thanos to win.

So place your bets, and for the love of God would someone else at least TRY to get a match going?

should be interesting to watch...

Originally posted by Battlehammer
Me and tony stark are supose to have a match comming up soon

I wonder who people think will win

darth all the way.

who are you two representing? logan and thing?

Battlehammer
yup

masterbruce
well, it seems like Trickster has the harder task...

masterbruce
yup

of course, who else would Capt rep besides Logan?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by masterbruce
of course, who else would Capt rep besides Logan?

I don't have a chose on who I rep. I am on a team I have to rep wolverine ever match

pr1983
yup

i'll watch that with interest too...

TricksterPriest
Is Pr ok as a judge?

Air Legend

I have a feeling you're going to easily win.

darthgoober
well, it seems like Trickster has the harder task...
That's the task he wanted. I'm not of the opinion that Thanos WOULD win in a fight between the two, just that it's possible. So I'm trying to demonstrate that. Trickster on the other hand feels that Thanos is nowhere near DS in power, and that ANY confrontation between the two is a forgone conclusion. So here's his chance to show that to the forum without having to deal with trolls and spammers.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by pr1983
i'll watch that with interest too...
it will be intertaining.......but not in the way you think it will.

tony stark type of debating is quite interesting to say the least.

darthgoober
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Is Pr ok as a judge?
He's fine with me.

Soljer
Wow...

See, I dunno. My personal beliefs lead me to believe that Darkseid wins, sure. But 10/10?

I'll judge if no one objects. I enjoy judging. For either Tony/Capt or Goob/Trickster.

Just offering my services.

pr1983

confused how do i think it will go?

He's fine with me.

don't make me the only one... i'll break the forum in half!

Battlehammer
your welcome to judge for me.

I have a feeling tony gunna run away though. He talks big, but he has yet to pick a day

masterbruce

yeah I'm really looking forward to the Tony/Capt debate. can't wait.

I volunteer to be judge for that debate.

darthgoober
Don't worry Blair, ill, and DarkCrawler all said they'd judge too(at least I think), so it won't all rest on you wink .

Battlehammer
confused how do i think it will go?

oh I did not mean it as an insult it just not gunna be that good of a debate from what I have seen tonystark simply calls every thing pis and ignores evidence. He also tends to make things up such as thing now have some agility upgrade lol.

It will be entertaining, but I doubt he gunna do much from the debates we have had so far Im pritty a disapointed

Battlehammer
yeah I'm really looking forward to the Tony/Capt debate. can't wait.

I volunteer to be judge for that debate.
hahahahahahahahahaha

I would never let you judge in a million years

Battlehammer
Don't worry Blair, ill, and DarkCrawler all said they'd judge too(at least I think), so it won't all rest on you wink .
I said i judge as well I have no bias either way I think thanos and darkside both are un interesting and boring characters

no offense to who ever likes them.

Air Legend
hahahahahahahahahaha

I would neevr let you judge in a million years
Which characters are you and the other guy going to debate about?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Air Legend
Which characters are you and the other guy going to debate about?

wolverine (me) vs Thing (tonystark)

Air Legend
wolverine (me) vs Thing (tonystark)

Oh cool. Can adamantium claws actually hurt the Thing?

TricksterPriest
Who's judging again? Blair, Pr and....?

Soljer

This thread isn't for the debate.

Suffice it to say, though...they've one-shotted him in the past, so I'd imagine so.

Soljer

Soljer!

Soljer!

stick out tongue.

Battlehammer

ya pritty easily too I can show you scanns if you like over pm

Air Legend
ya pritty easily too I can show you scanns if you like over pm
Oh so they've foughten in comics already?

darthgoober
You pick.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Soljer
Soljer!

Soljer!

stick out tongue.

OK! thumbsupdur If Goober is ok, then I'm down with it.

darthgoober
OK! thumbsupdur If Goober is ok, then I'm down with it.
He's fine with me.

pr1983

cool...

oh I did not mean it as an insult it just not gunna be that good of a debate from what I have seen tonystark simply calls every thing pis and ignores evidence. He also tends to make things up such as thing now have some agility upgrade lol.

It will be entertaining, but I doubt he gunna do much from the debates we have had so far Im pritty a disapointed

laughing out loud well best to just wait and see...

Soljer
Score!

I got the thumb up dur from both combatants.

TricksterPriest
So Pr, Soljer, and illadelph/blair. LET'S ROCK! rock

Soljer
Now? now? Fighty time, fighty time, blood, blood, blood?

Battlehammer
Oh so they've foughten in comics already?
yup on 4 occassions

TricksterPriest
Now? now? Fighty time, fighty time, blood, blood, blood?

durdpool duryes

Soljer
yup on 4 occassions

Not the place for debate, stick out tongue.

Take it to PM so you don't bias the people that may be judging!

stick out tongue.

darthgoober
You ready Trick?

Battlehammer
well I was just stating the facts lol I did not say wolverine won them lol.

fine I will stop

darthgoober
Damn bottem of the page...
You ready Trick?

TricksterPriest
Ore wo tomeru ki ka? Nara, shi-ne. ioriyagami

(You want to stop me? Then die.)

Akuki
Well it seems like Darthgoober is heavily favored in this first match.

guy222
Originally posted by Akuki
Well it seems like Darthgoober is heavily favored in this first match.

Good luck Trickster and Darth

llagrok
I'd put my money on Darkseid and Trickster smile

Soljer
I'm totally unsure right now.

Like I said before, sure, Darkseid should win in a fight. But straight up 10/10?

Can't wait to be convinced one way or the other.

Oh, and I wanted to ask PR - assuming the rest of our (lovely) forum doesn't adhere too well to the requests of the battle zone administrator - would you mind editing out any posts that occur in the battlezone threads not made by Trickster or Goob?

Tork
I'm putting my money on Thanos and Darthgoober.
Good luck to both of you, though.

darthgoober
I'm really glad that we're not using the poll to determin a winner. No one's posted ANYTHING yet, and Trick already has two votes...

Soljer
I'm really glad that we're not using the poll to determin a winner. No one's posted ANYTHING yet, and Trick already has two votes...

No worries, you know you have Quanchi's vote.

That's the one that matters.

dur.

darthgoober
No worries, you know you have Quanchi's vote.

That's the one that matters.

dur.
I guess you guys might as well declare me the winner then laughing .

darthgoober
Trick must be having issues with the DS respect thread for him to be taking this long...

TricksterPriest
I had to drive my brother to work. stick out tongue

pr1983
I'm totally unsure right now.

Like I said before, sure, Darkseid should win in a fight. But straight up 10/10?

Can't wait to be convinced one way or the other.

Oh, and I wanted to ask PR - assuming the rest of our (lovely) forum doesn't adhere too well to the requests of the battle zone administrator - would you mind editing out any posts that occur in the battlezone threads not made by Trickster or Goob?

if i miss them, you guys let me know... i'll delete anything put in there thats not supposed to be there...

nvrbeenwthagirl
I am interested in this in defending WW.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by llagrok
I'd put my money on Darkseid and Trickster smile
As I.

darthgoober
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I am interested in this in defending WW.
You're welcome to you know. Anyone who's on a team can compete.

Air Legend
As I.
Yeah because you voted for him before the match even started laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yeah because you voted for him before the match even started laughing

That would be incorrect. I like voting for the underdog. And since every one is betting on Darth, i'm betting on tricks. Plus he's on my team. stick out tongue And I know damned well DS is 100 times more powerful than thanos.

masterbruce
edited

darthgoober
Edit.

masterbruce
I'd answer, but I'd rather my debate with Trick wasn't influenced by outside commentary. If you're really interested though, we can take it up via PM.

oh sorry, my bad. Didn't know the rules. nm the question, I'll edit my stuff.

darthgoober
oh sorry, my bad. Didn't know the rules. nm the question, I'll edit my stuff.
Cool. I'll edit your quote(in my post) and the whole thing will be forgotten smile .

Soljer
Is there a reason Trickster is threatening to 'cheat' in the debate?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Is there a reason Trickster is threatening to 'cheat' in the debate?

goober set up the rules to be very hard on tricks, and then broke his own rules. what's good for the goose.........

Soljer
goober set up the rules to be very hard on tricks, and then broke his own rules. what's good for the goose.........

Where did Goob break the rules? And goob didn't 'set up' the rules - Trick and Goob agreed on the rules. erm.

TricksterPriest
Goober claimed 'The Hunger' was canon, as was another crossover, simply because 'there is only one Darkseid'.

If he's going to pull that kind of a double standard, I'm bringing out GDS.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Where did Goob break the rules? And goob didn't 'set up' the rules - Trick and Goob agreed on the rules. erm.
No alternate or Future DS rules. We have no idea when the hunger happened. As such, it can't be used. It's not current DS. he broke his own rules. I was wondering how he thought he could do that. We dont' even know how many Pantheon's DS had asborbed in that time. inconclusive as to his power lvl.

darthgoober
Goober claimed 'The Hunger' was canon, as was another crossover, simply because 'there is only one Darkseid'.

If he's going to pull that kind of a double standard, I'm bringing out GDS.
Check my last post and point to the double standard.

Blair Wind
So Pr, Soljer, and illadelph/blair. LET'S ROCK! rock

When did me and Ill become one person? confused

nvrbeenwthagirl
Check my last post and point to the double standard.
In the arc, you don't know how powerful DS was, How many pantheon's he'd killed then, We dont' know how many times Big G had been hungry. The story says he was at his hungriest ever, but that could be waaaaaaay before him getting rocked by the fan four and being even hungrier. The Hunger cannot be used.

darthgoober
In the arc, you don't know how powerful DS was, How many pantheon's he'd killed then, We dont' know how many times DS had been hungry. The story says he was at his hungriest ever, but that could be waaaaaaay before him getting rocked by the fan four and being even hungrier. The Hunger cannot be used.
I'm sorry but who lied to you and said you had ANY kind of say in this?

TricksterPriest
He is correct. Nvr, allow me.

How dare you use crossovers that are non-canon as evidence for DS, and refuse to allow me the use of GDS?

And Darkseid beat GDS DS, so the feats are canon, as being performed by a weaker form of Darkseid.

SnazzySmurph
Nvr, let Trick do the debating... this "That doesn't count"/"Yes it does" crap should be kept to the match.

And Trick agreed to the rules, and has been boasting from the beginning about how this would be easy, so "goober set up the rules to be very hard on tricks" is completely false... if Trick can't win under these circumstances, it's his own damn fault.

King Kandy
Um, how is the Hunger a crossover?

TricksterPriest
If I had known he'd use non-canon crossovers, I'd never have let him take GDS out, especially since it is canon to DS because he beat GDS 'seid.

King Kandy
Um, the Hunger is 100% canon...

nvrbeenwthagirl
I'm sorry but who lied to you and said you had ANY kind of say in this?

I'm certianly not posting in the other thread am I? I'm sorry if I stepped in your rosey garden. next time i won't be so bright.

King Kandy
Well saying things like "If you use the Hunger Trick should be able to use GDS." Isn't helping.

Hunger=canon, GDS=noncanon.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by King Kandy
Well saying things like "If you use the Hunger Trick should be able to use GDS." Isn't helping.

Hunger=canon, GDS=noncanon.

It's all cannon to DS since it's only one. stick out tongue

SnazzySmurph
People, handle this over PMs if you must.

It's not a fair match if the same debate is taking place in another thread. erm

Soljer
Seriously, for ****'s sake. Is your handle Darthgoober? Is it TricksterPriest?

Then don't argue.

masterbruce
this is like one of those sports games that isn't very exciting and you don't care who wins...

then all of sudden, a fight breaks out, and suddenly it has your attention

yeah, so I'm enjoying this side fight that's popped up

nvrbeenwthagirl
this is like one of those sports games that isn't very exciting and you don't care who wins...

then all of sudden, a fight breaks out, and suddenly it has your attention

yeah, so I'm enjoying this side fight that's popped up

All you need is a queen around to get things exciting. laughing laughing laughing

Dreamcatcher
All you need is a queen around to get things exciting. laughing laughing laughing

no expression

SnazzySmurph
All you need is a queen around to get things exciting. laughing laughing laughing Nvr, trust me, we all get it. You're gay. You don't need to use "I'm a queen" everytime you flame someone, are involved in an argument, or, you know, when someone replies to you.

masterbruce
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
Nvr, trust me, we all get it. You're gay. You don't need to use "I'm a queen" everytime you flame someone, are involved in an argument, or, you know, when someone replies to you.

seriously, lol.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Nvr, trust me, we all get it. You're gay. You don't need to use "I'm a queen" everytime you flame someone, are involved in an argument, or, you know, when someone replies to you.

I was just making light of a cute comment. If you weren't so serious all the time damn. And it was really no need to comment on any of it was there by any of us. So just enjoy the show. big grin

Soljer
Trying to keep this out of the actual battle thread, but still replying since asked by both participants.

I don't think either participant should be disqualified at this point. The fight should continue.

The convention on the forum is to not allow crossovers, however, the rules that Goob and Trickster agreed to before the match specifically allowed ALL of Darkseid's appearances, minus future timelines and Seven Soldiers.

There's been mess about whether or not the hunger is canon to DC, canon to Marvel, canon to Darkseid, canon to Galactus....

And, honestly, I don't know.

But the stipulations of the match themselves specifically said ALL of Darkseid's showings, precluding the few. It's hardly fair to go back now and allow either participant to complain about their own lack of foresight. erm.

Blair Wind
I agree with everything Soljer just said.

Two judge votes on that matter thumb up

TricksterPriest
Guess I'll just pull out the crossover where Thanos gets hurt by Wolverine. evil face

I'll counterattack tomorrow.

Soljer
But...the judges didn't say 'cross overs are fair game.'

They said that all of Darkseid's showings are. erm.

That doesn't change any of the standard conventions. erm.

Soljer

allowed to use all of DS's printed Pre Seven Soldiers arc The only limitation to this, is alternate versions of DS from future timelines(such as the GDS).

allowed to use all of Thanos's canon appearances, including the showings of Thanos's LOW LEVEL clones.

SnazzySmurph
Presenting my ever-so-nosy opinion:

It says in the intro that all appearances of DS are allowed to be argued for, with the exception of a certain few. What I see now is Trick suddenly arguing that something isn't fair because he thinks that Goob is using things that aren't canon, so he'll break the rules.

Obviously, he can't. That shouldn't be up for a vote. Trick can call it cheap, wrong, whatever he wants, but the only thing the judges should vote on is whether anyone is kicked out. No-one's broken the rules yet, so I don't see why, but hey, judges gotta get their kicks somewhere...

Everything else, (cannoninity of stuff, etc.) should be debate material. Rules shouldn't be changed once the match has started.

Yes, I could just be echoing what Soljer said. So sue me.

darthgoober
Ok someone just pointed out a potential rule breaking on MY part, so I figured I'd leave it to the judges to decide. See in this part of my post...

Oh and I forgot I had one more...
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/6588/dcvsmarvel03p0203wm4.th.jpg
Notice in the upper left hand corner, Thanos is MATCHING the blast of DS. And again, no it's not canon to Thanos, but it IS to DS via general forum consensus.
I wasn't thinking about it and I included a non canon version of Thanos(which I agreed not to do). I was thinking more of discrediting DS than promoting Thanos, and I think it should be allowed in that capacity(since nearly all DS appearances are valid)but I still technically violated the rules. So if the judges want, I have no problem with pr editing that part of my post out.

Soljer
Ok someone just pointed out a potential rule breaking on MY part, so I figured I'd leave it to the judges to decide. See in this part of my post...

I wasn't thinking about it and I included a non canon version of Thanos(which I agreed not to do). I was thinking more of discrediting DS than promoting Thanos, and I think it should be allowed in that capacity(since nearly all DS appearances are valid)but I still technically violated the rules. So if the judges want, I have no problem with pr editing that part of my post out.

"If the judges want..."

I think it should be more up to trickster. Leave it up to the other lawyer to object, so to speak?

If he thinks that scan was that detrimental, let him request it removed.

I don't think that scan is going to win or lose this match for anyone, though.

darthgoober
"If the judges want..."

I think it should be more up to trickster. Leave it up to the other lawyer to object, so to speak?

If he thinks that scan was that detrimental, let him request it removed.

I don't think that scan is going to win or lose this match for anyone, though.
Ok. I just figured I'd leave it to the judges since it's a direct conflict between the rules.

TricksterPriest
That one should be edited out. I'll withdraw my objections from your using 'The Hunger'.

It's not that big a deal, but it is misleading.

darthgoober
That one should be edited out. I'll withdraw my objections from your using 'The Hunger'.

It's not that big a deal, but it is misleading.
Well like I said, now that you've objected the judges can make a decision regarding the rule conflict. I have no problem with it being removed if they decide to go that way.

Soljer
Well like I said, now that you've objected the judges can make a decision regarding the rule conflict.

You mean about the non-canon Thanos scan?

Meh, I meant to imply that it should be up to Trickster, rather than the judges, but whatever.

If he wants it gone, get rid of it. Like I said, it's not like a very big case was staked upon it for either participant.

darthgoober
You mean about the non-canon Thanos scan?

Meh, I meant to imply that it should be up to Trickster, rather than the judges, but whatever.

If he wants it gone, get rid of it. Like I said, it's not like a very big case was staked upon it for either participant.
Sounds fair to me. I'll PM pr right now.

quanchi112
Is there a reason Trickster is threatening to 'cheat' in the debate? sounds about right to me.

quanchi112
Nvr, let Trick do the debating... this "That doesn't count"/"Yes it does" crap should be kept to the match.

And Trick agreed to the rules, and has been boasting from the beginning about how this would be easy, so "goober set up the rules to be very hard on tricks" is completely false... if Trick can't win under these circumstances, it's his own damn fault. damn straight.

quanchi112
Originally posted by King Kandy

Hunger=canon, GDS=noncanon. hunger happened becuz the surfer still worked for galactus. and gds is a futuristic story that hasnt happened yet see the difference.

quanchi112
It's all cannon to DS since it's only one. stick out tongue cant count futuristic feats.

sorry gds doesnt stand.

TricksterPriest
"There is only one Darkseid" Goober's own words.

I'm laying down using the GDS feats as per my agreement, not because they don't count.

And Quan? Even Goober admits Thanos cannot take Darkseid for a majority. The debate is whether he can get 1-2 wins. wink My goal is to prove Darkseid's power and skyfather status. Goober's goal, is to prove that Thanos can hang with skyfathers and occasionally take a win.

Of course even if I lose, the forum will have acknowledge that Thanos can take a win from Odin, and that Darkseid is out of Thanos's league in general.

And if I win, Darkseid will get even more props and people will see that Darkseid is out of Thanos's league in general.

Either way, I win. evillaugh

quanchi112
"There is only one Darkseid" Goober's own words.

I'm laying down using the GDS feats as per my agreement, not because they don't count.

And Quan? Even Goober admits Thanos cannot take Darkseid for a majority. The debate is whether he can get 1-2 wins. wink My goal is to prove Darkseid's power and skyfather status. Goober's goal, is to prove that Thanos can hang with skyfathers and occasionally take a win.

Of course even if I lose, the forum will have acknowledge that Thanos can take a win from Odin, and that Darkseid is out of Thanos's league in general.

And if I win, Darkseid will get even more props and people will see that Darkseid is out of Thanos's league in general.

Either way, I win. evillaugh well i disagree and definitely think thanos wins VAST MAJORITY. he is winning the debate and one thing i can see happening from all of this. people will still stick to their guns on who wins but superman beating ds will not be pis anymore. once it happens a few times like i have said before it isnt pis and isnt a fluke.

just becuz darkseid is a skyfather doesnt mean hes greater than thanos. not at all. that logic makes no sense. thanos>darkseid.

odin would crush ds. he oneshots people like silver surfer. ds cannot defeat superman all the time. let alone surfer has no prayer but superman has crushed ds before. see the diff.

stick out tongue

King_Mungi
To me using alternate reality showings of characters is dumb with a debate on who is stronger. When I was told that I could use that for a character I basically lost all interest in the battle zone.

However, if that's the rules people agreed with so be it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by King_Mungi
To me using alternate reality showings of characters is dumb, when I was told that I could ude that for a character I basically lost all interest in the battle zone. However, if that's the rules people agreed with so be it. gds feats have never counted unless specifically referring to gds darkseid.

but this battlezone i guess u make ur own rules and agree to them. works for me.

King_Mungi
I'm not talking specifically about alternate reality showings of Darkseid or Thanos, but in general.

I was tempted to use Talisman for the battle zone, but one alternate reality Talisman was so strong her and Dr.Strange took on Mephisto, Dormammu, Nightmare and their armies at the same time and won. How can you really debate with that? Some AR versions are simply stronger then their main universe counterparts or vice versa.

quanchi112
I'm not talking specifically about alternate reality showings of Darkseid or Thanos, but in general.

I was tempted to use Talisman for the battle zone, but one alternate reality Talisman was so strong her and Dr.Strange took on Mephisto, Dormammu, Nightmare and their armies at the same time and won. How can you really debate with that? Some AR versions are simply stronger then their main universe counterparts. i get what u are saying. its best just to stick with the mainstream versions but if u throw in a badass alternate version u can match them up with someone more powerful that they previously might not have had a chance against. feel me.

masterbruce

I was tempted to use Talisman for the battle zone, but one alternate reality Talisman was so strong her and Dr.Strange took on Mephisto, Dormammu, Nightmare and their armies at the same time and won. How can you really debate with that? Some AR versions are simply stronger then their main universe counterparts or vice versa.

but from my understanding, you and whoever you debate set the rules on what you can and cannot use

also, depending on the character, it might be reasonable to use all versions for some and completely ludicrous for others

quanchi112
but from my understanding, you and whoever you debate set the rules on what you can and cannot use

also, depending on the character, it might be reasonable to use all versions for some and completely ludicrous for others good point. thats why when u decide on the rules really think it through cuz chances are the other guy is trying to screw u over. damn tricky internet people.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by quanchi112
i get what u are saying. its best just to stick with the mainstream versions but if u throw in a badass alternate version u can match them up with someone more powerful that they previously might not have had a chance against. feel me.

I understand, but if your using the badass alternate version then I feel you should stick with just that version as it's basically a different character all together.

However, if the people agree on the rules and let basically a free for all in showings then it's their concern.

also, depending on the character, it might be reasonable to use all versions for some and completely ludicrous for others

I know I said you can pick the rules, but the general rule for the battle zone is you could use AR feats and showings.

quanchi112
I understand, but if your using the badass alternate version then I feel you should stick with just that version as it's basically a different character all together.

However, if the people agree on the rules and let basically a free for all in showings then it's their concern. i do agree that badass character is a different person altogether.

but yes whatever they decide on the rules let them debate based on those parameters. its their problem not ours. we get to sit back and enjoy the show. il tell u this much i want in this battle forum. eventually im sure ill be in there. if not who the hell cares right?

laughing

SnazzySmurph
My understanding was that you do just that. For instance, if you rep Superman, and you choose to rep KC Supes, then you have ONLY him for the match. Only KC showings count.

The only differentiation is with Darkseid, because supposedly there is only one DS. With the exception of future timelines, there are no alternate reality DS's. It's all the same guy.

That's the argument.

Kurash
who are the judges so far?

Laminator_X
4 hours left in until 24 hours run out. You guys still rockin or are you just waiting for the judges at this point?

llagrok
My understanding was that you do just that. For instance, if you rep Superman, and you choose to rep KC Supes, then you have ONLY him for the match. Only KC showings count.

The only differentiation is with Darkseid, because supposedly there is only one DS. With the exception of future timelines, there are no alternate reality DS's. It's all the same guy.

That's the argument.

Co-sign.

Battlehammer
hey can I do a two vs one match?

quanchi112
when is this one on one thing supposed to be over with?

this goober vs trickster.

llagrok
Darthgoober, if you win this battle against TP it's because you're the master of taking things out of context and interpreting them in a ridiculous manner.

Some of the things you're claiming in that discussion is just ridiculous and I know that you know better :/

quanchi112
Darthgoober, if you win this battle against TP it's because you're the master of taking things out of context and interpreting them in a ridiculous manner.

Some of the things you're claiming in that discussion is just ridiculous and I know that you know better :/ no he isnt. not at all. look at his case. it speaks for itself while trickster tried to get a dq becuz he was getting blown away.

llagrok
I just read through the Thanos series :/

No mentioning of the Maker being a cosmic cube level being. Only Gladiator being sent in to kill her and Oracle having shut down her mind. He also claimed that Thanos took everything that Odin had without ever going down. Which is incorrect as it wasn't everything Odin had and he went down.

Or the claims that Thanos almost beat Galactus through telepathy, and then more recent showings have Moondragon actually hurting Thanos with her telepathy.

But I will let him and Trick sort this out. This is up to the judges.

nvrbeenwthagirl
TO add to the battle, Since every version is DS, that would mean even tho GDS feats dont' count for DS, His current version is the one That beat that being who performed all of those feats. The younger version beat a being, who performed all of those feats. Thus GDS indirectly still counts in DS favor.

quanchi112

No mentioning of the Maker being a cosmic cube level being. Only Gladiator being sent in to kill her and Oracle having shut down her mind. He also claimed that Thanos took everything that Odin had without ever going down. Which is incorrect as it wasn't everything Odin had and he went down.

But I will let him and Trick sort this out. This is up to the judges. he was the beyonder/maker. do u know what the beyonder is?

thanos did take everything odin threw at him and didnt go down. he meant for good not knocked down. laughing

again goober didnt take anything out of context. the judges will sort this out.

darthgoober
Originally posted by quanchi112
no he isnt. not at all. look at his case. it speaks for itself while trickster tried to get a dq becuz he was getting blown away.
quan, don't worry about me I can take care of myself. I told nvr to stay out of things, so now I'll tell the same to you. Battle Zone matches involve the participants and the judges until they're finalized, so until it is I'd rather people not talk about any specific aspects of them because I don't want the judges opinions influenced from the outside.

darthgoober

Or the claims that Thanos almost beat Galactus through telepathy, and then more recent showings have Moondragon actually hurting Thanos with her telepathy.

But I will let him and Trick sort this out. This is up to the judges.
First of all, read what I just told quan. Second of all, I took nothing out of context and will be more than happy to discuss any problems you have with my debating via PM because I have an answer for everything you just said.

llagrok
quan, don't worry about me I can take care of myself. I told nvr to stay out of things, so now I'll tell the same to you. Battle Zone matches involve the participants and the judges until they're finalized, so until it is I'd rather people not talk about any specific aspects of them because I don't want the judges opinions influenced from the outside.

Then I apologize.

I wasn't trying to influence the Judges behaviour, I just don't think that you should make statements without backing them up with a scan. It was noting personal :/

darthgoober
TO add to the battle, Since every version is DS, that would mean even tho GDS feats dont' count for DS, His current version is the one That beat that being who performed all of those feats. The younger version beat a being, who performed all of those feats. Thus GDS indirectly still counts in DS favor.
Fist of all, GDS was specifically specified as being non valid by match rules. Second of all, if you don't stop trying to influence other peoples matches you'll never get a CHANCE to participate in the Battle Zone yourself.

quanchi112
quan, don't worry about me I can take care of myself. I told nvr to stay out of things, so now I'll tell the same to you. Battle Zone matches involve the participants and the judges until they're finalized, so until it is I'd rather people not talk about any specific aspects of them because I don't want the judges opinions influenced from the outside. understood.

Soljer
Nvr, llag, Quanchi shut the hell up.

Leave this to Trick and Goob.

If you want to sit here and here and help either combatant, at least have the decency to do it via PM.

llagrok

If you want to sit here and here and help either combatant, at least have the decency to do it via PM.

Reported.

Soljer
dur.

darthgoober
Then I apologize.

I wasn't trying to influence the Judges behaviour, I just don't think that you should make statements without backing them up with a scan. It was noting personal :/
I have scans to back up EVERYTHING I said, otherwise I wouldn't have said it. If I skipped a scan, it's because I figure the feat is well known enough that the scan's not necessary. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't say ANYTHING without being able to back it up, which is why I criticize people who do. If Trick wants to try to "call" me on anything, I'll be more than happy to post the necessary scan to back up my claim.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Reported.

Co signed.

Galan007
LMAO that Soljer was 'reported' for trying to end the b*tch-fest currently taking place in this thread. eatermm

Soljer
Originally posted by Galan007
LMAO that Soljer was 'reported' for trying to end the b*tch-fest currently taking place in this thread. eatermm

Co-signed.

erm.

Akuki
As someone who doesn't necessarily have a great knowledge of both characters, from reading the thread I'd say DG has done a much better job of arguing his point and countering TP's, though whether or not his points are actually valid I can't say.

Citizen V
Reported. Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Co signed.

So much sand..

Soljer
Originally posted by Citizen V
So much sand..

laughing.

Symmetric Chaos
So much sand..

Reported.

Soljer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Reported.

Cosigned.

nvrbeenwthagirl
So much sand..

Reported. LMAO. As if co-signing means I actually reported someone. LMAO. Who has time.

Soljer
Reported. LMAO. As if co-signing means I actually reported someone. LMAO. Who has time.

To click a link?

How slow is your internet?

quanchi112
To click a link?

How slow is your internet? Sorry but is is funny.

laughing

Citizen V

Reported.

For over-using the phrase "LMAO".

LMAO no expression.

Soljer
Reported.

LMAO no expression.

Reported.

Galan007
Reported.

LMAO no expression. I started teh trend! durw00t

Battlehammer

cosigned but quanchi I understand what you were doing you were simply defending darth so it more towards the other too.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>