Demogorge vs. Destroyer/Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
How this goes?

quanchi112
demogorge.

Ethereal
Ayo.

Is this Odin enchanting the destroyer who faced the Celestials?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Ethereal
Ayo.

Is this Odin enchanting the destroyer who faced the Celestials? yeah demogorge still wins.

CosmicSurfer
Ayo.

Is this Odin enchanting the destroyer who faced the Celestials?

If it is, then Demogorge should kiss his sorry pudgy over-eating ass goodbye. What is he going to do to a 2000 ft tall Destroyer empowered by Odin and all the Asgardians? Eat it??? HAHAHAHAHAHA. yeah right. laughing

Soljer
Odin wins in a stomp.

quanchi112
Originally posted by CosmicSurfer
If it is, then Demogorge should kiss his sorry ass goodbye. no way.

guy222
Originally posted by Endless Mike
How this goes?

Odin/Destroyer FTW

TricksterPriest
From what I've seen, Elder gods are on a tier above celestials.

Demogorge slaughtered almost all the Elder Gods. srsly Demogorge eats Odin alive.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Demogorge slaughtered almost all the Elder Gods. srsly Demogorge eats Odin alive. i cannot believe u agree with me. it feels strange agreeing on the outcome for once.

guy222

Demogorge slaughtered almost all the Elder Gods. srsly Demogorge eats Odin alive.

Celestials>Elder Gods yes

quanchi112
Originally posted by guy222
Celestials>Elder Gods yes yeah trickster had that all wrong. but i still say demogorge wins this guy.

WhiteWitchKing

That's incurrate in so many damn ways. Gaea presented gifts to the Celestials to save Earth, so that gives you some indication. Elder Gods have no feat comparable to a Cube Beings much less a Celestial.

Yeah, this we agree on. The Destroyer armor wasn't any threat to any Celestial and I doubt it would hurt Demogorge. And I wouldn't put it pass it from absorbing the Destroyer Armor seeing as its enchanted by earth's skyfathers. So...Demogorge wins 7/10.

guy222
Originally posted by quanchi112
yeah trickster had that all wrong. but i still say demogorge wins this guy.

Demogorge is powerful. Odin's greatest weapon against the Celestials was the Destroyer. Celestials>Odin and his toys laughing out loud

Its a good match

Remember Thor's noble soul affected Demogorge

quanchi112
Originally posted by guy222
Demogorge is powerful. Odin's greatest weapon against the Celestials was the Destroyer. Celestials>Odin and his toys laughing out loud

Its a good match

Remember Thor's noble soul affected Demogorge yeah thors noble souldwas a plot device imo. but ur right, but i still see deomogorge as a freaking beast.

Ethereal
Yeah, demogorge has the upper hand still. I remember wasn't he getting the better of both the elder gods set and chthon at the same time?

celestialdemon
This goes to Demogorge. He's a beast and way too powerful for Odin, even in the Destroyer armor.

quanchi112
Originally posted by celestialdemon
This goes to Demogorge. He's a beast and way too powerful for Odin, even in the Destroyer armor. thumb up

Fire Ninja
Demogorge kills gods and can absorb their energies to syphon onto himself. He could solo Asgard in my opinion.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Fire Ninja
Demogorge kills gods and can absorb their energies to syphon onto himself. He could solo Asgard in my opinion. it would be one helluva battle thats for sure.

boriquaking55
demogorge

Utrigita
If this is Odin inside the Destroyer then he Loses but if this is the Destroyer infused with the life essence of all the asgardians and battled the Celestials then Demogorge is finished

Kutulu
Demogorge wins handily, 10/10. He eats Elder Gods for breakfast, and Elder Gods > Skyfathers.

CosmicSurfer
What's demogorge going to do to a 2000 ft tall Destroyer? He can't absorb it. It's geometrically impossible. And it took the entire celestial host to melt it into slag.

quanchi112
What's demogorge going to do to a 2000 ft tall Destroyer? He can't absorb it. It's geometrically impossible. And it took the entire celestial host to melt it into slag. Size means nothing to the demogorge. Sure it makes the destroyer more formdiable but doesnt win the fight against demogorge.

Kutulu
What's demogorge going to do to a 2000 ft tall Destroyer? He can't absorb it. It's geometrically impossible. And it took the entire celestial host to melt it into slag.

The 2000 ft. destroyer not only had the energies of Asgard, but was imbued with the power of the other skyfathers as well, such as Zeus and some others. Therefore the destroyer in this scenerio woulnd't be as powerful as the one that fought the celestials.

Second point is that Demogorge is physically impervious. Legions of gods have tried to attack it before to no avail. The only reason Thor was able to temporarily control it was by being absorbed by it and using his incredible willpower to temporarily take control of him, and even then it was only temporary - given enough time he would have been absorbed. Had Atum not released Thor he would have been dead.

Demogorge took on a group of eight Death Gods from various pantheons (including Hela; Pluto; Seth and strangely enough non-Death God Mephisto) and all of them combined didn't even prove to be the slightest match for him, the only thing they could do was try and flee, and even then, most of them got consumed.

If you recall the fight between Seth and Odin, it was no easy battle for Odin at all. Beings on that level are still a joke to Demogorge.

CosmicSurfer
Originally posted by Kutulu
The 2000 ft. destroyer not only had the energies of Asgard, but was imbued with the power of the other skyfathers as well, such as Zeus and some others. Therefore the destroyer in this scenerio woulnd't be as powerful as the one that fought the celestials.

If your using standard powered Destroyer, yes it will lose. But the one that fought the celestials would stomp a mudhole on the Demogorge. Literally.

Apollo caused it harm with his weapon. What you left out about Thor being absorbed was that he too was capable of causing the Demogorge physical harm from the inside out. It wasn't just willpower alone. He's far from impervious.

Death Gods are second only to Skyfathers. I'm not sure that even the Elder Gods were more powerful than Odin and his ilk. There's no proof of it.

I'm going to have to look into this in the Odin respect thread.

quanchi112

Second point is that Demogorge is physically impervious. Legions of gods have tried to attack it before to no avail. The only reason Thor was able to temporarily control it was by being absorbed by it and using his incredible willpower to temporarily take control of him, and even then it was only temporary - given enough time he would have been absorbed. Had Atum not released Thor he would have been dead.

Demogorge took on a group of eight Death Gods from various pantheons (including Hela; Pluto; Seth and strangely enough non-Death God Mephisto) and all of them combined didn't even prove to be the slightest match for him, the only thing they could do was try and flee, and even then, most of them got consumed.

If you recall the fight between Seth and Odin, it was no easy battle for Odin at all. Beings on that level are still a joke to Demogorge. demogorge is such a beast.

Utrigita

If you recall the fight between Seth and Odin, it was no easy battle for Odin at all. Beings on that level are still a joke to Demogorge.

Did you try to place the Demogorge on the same level as the fourth Celestial host confused if you didn't then please correct me

Kutulu
Originally posted by Utrigita
Did you try to place the Demogorge on the same level as the fourth Celestial host confused if you didn't then please correct me

I never claimed Demogorge is at the same level as the Celestial host. I just pointed out how he would stomp out Odin. I said that the 2000 foot tall Destroyer armor is how big it got when it had the full energies of at least 3 skyfathers feeding into it. In this fight it doesn't have that amount of energy in it.

Demogorge is basically made to eat gods. All he has to do is grab Odin with his hand to start transferring Odin's power to his own, then it's over. He stomped out almost every Elder god on his own. C'thon and Set barely escaped.

We saw how much trouble Seth (the Death god, not to be confused with Set, the elder god) gave Odin, look at the comparison between when Seth fought Odin versus when Seth fought Demogorge: Seth couldn't even run away in time in the Demogorge fight, wheras in the Odin fight, Odin had to fight him for several panels and it was a close battle, even though Odin clearly had the upper hand.

There is a clear difference in power levels.

Utrigita
I never claimed Demogorge is at the same level as the Celestial host. I just pointed out how he would stomp out Odin. I said that the 2000 foot tall Destroyer armor is how big it got when it had the full energies of at least 3 skyfathers feeding into it. In this fight it doesn't have that amount of energy in it.

Demogorge is basically made to eat gods. All he has to do is grab Odin with his hand to start transferring Odin's power to his own, then it's over. He stomped out almost every Elder god on his own. C'thon and Set barely escaped.

We saw how much trouble Seth (the Death god, not to be confused with Set, the elder god) gave Odin, look at the comparison between when Seth fought Odin versus when Seth fought Demogorge: Seth couldn't even run away in time in the Demogorge fight, wheras in the Odin fight, Odin had to fight him for several panels and it was a close battle, even though Odin clearly had the upper hand.

There is a clear difference in power levels.

Okay just wanted to clearify that you didn't try to compare a elder god with a Celestial.

And It wasn't all the skyfathers it was all of Asgard and those was the only one, No zeus ore Vishnu but its correct that all the skyfathers laid a enchancment on the armor.

I just wanted to clarify that you wasn't trying to say that the 2000 ft Destroyer would lose to Demogorge.

Els we agree 100% smile

Kutulu
And It wasn't all the skyfathers it was all of Asgard and those was the only one, No zeus ore Vishnu but its correct that all the skyfathers laid a enchancment on the armor.

Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
Odin, Vishnu, and Zeus arrive to beat Arishem.
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/9797/thor30015ns4.th.jpg

They attack him... and are unable to even get his attention.
http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/9053/thor30016ie7.th.jpg

So... they bow down. They also get the Destroyer, and bestow their might into him (the Skyfathers).
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/3113/thor30017bh8.th.jpg

So Confrontation. The Destroyer, and Uni-Mind (with a bunch of Eternals), vs the Celestials.
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/6643/thor30024ze8.th.jpg

Two Celestials fire and one shot the Uni-Mind.
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/676/thor30025ma9.th.jpg

Destroyer lops of one of their arms, with the Odin Sword.
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/6452/thor30026zm0.th.jpg

It grows back, and a Celestial stops his full destroyer beam with one hand.
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/8853/thor30027jt0.th.jpg

Ziran grabs his hand, and they start to f*ck him up.
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/6721/thor30028bf0.th.jpg

Then... each beam goes through it.
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/3647/thor30029ow0.th.jpg

Kutulu
A profile on Seth, who was easily defeated along with all of the other Death gods by Demogorge (along with Mephisto, who while he isn't a Death God, is still extremely powerful):
http://www.leaderslair.com/marvelvillains/seth.html

Utrigita

As I said they all lay there enchantments in it, but when the Fourth Celestial host arrived only Odin animated along with all that was present in asgard at that time, and Zeus and Vishnu wasn't present else Thor wouldn't have seaked Zeus help after the destroyer was defeated and Odin killed along with the asgardians to get the help to resurrect him. How could Zeus if he helped empower it?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b...surrectOdin.jpg

I say Again: The 2000ft Destroyer was empowered by Odin and all the asgardians with the exception of thor and this destroyer would stomp Demogorge but just odin inside then he gets defeated.

Utrigita
A profile on Seth, who was easily defeated along with all of the other Death gods by Demogorge (along with Mephisto, who while he isn't a Death God, is still extremely powerful):
http://www.leaderslair.com/marvelvillains/seth.html

Mephisto is extremely powerful inside his own realm but his powerlevels fall when he leaves his dimension.

Kutulu
Good profile on Atum / Demogorge:
http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-atumthegodeater.html

Kutulu
As I said they all lay there enchantments in it, but when the Fourth Celestial host arrived only Odin animated along with all that was present in asgard at that time, and Zeus and Vishnu wasn't present else Thor wouldn't have seaked Zeus help after the destroyer was defeated and Odin killed along with the asgardians to get the help to resurrect him. How could Zeus if he helped empower it?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b...surrectOdin.jpg

I say Again: The 2000ft Destroyer was empowered by Odin and all the asgardians with the exception of thor and this destroyer would stomp Demogorge but just odin inside then he gets defeated.

It says the following, and I quote: "Upon it's completion, Odin takes the armor to his fellow sky-lords, each of whom bestows on it a fraction of their godly might - making it virtually all powerful".

http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor30017bh8.jpg

Note it says his fellow sky lords, implying that it's not just the two others that came with him to meet the Celestials.

Utrigita
It says the following, and I quote: "Upon it's completion, Odin takes the armor to his fellow sky-lords, each of whom bestows on it a fraction of their godly might - making it virtually all powerful".

http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor30017bh8.jpg

Note it says his fellow sky lords, implying that it's not just the two others that came with him to meet the Celestials.

How the hell does that divert from what I said???

"As I said they all lay there enchantments in it" the entire earthly pantheon did bestow a fraction of there might into it.

And yet it doesn't change the fact that the Destroyer that fought the celestials was animated by ODIN and the ASGARDIANS. No other Pantheon.

I would like to use the site you refered to yourself

http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-destroyer.html

Kutulu
How the hell does that divert from what I said???

"As I said they all lay there enchantments in it" the entire earthly pantheon did bestow a fraction of there might into it.

And yet it doesn't change the fact that the Destroyer that fought the celestials was animated by ODIN and the ASGARDIANS. No other Pantheon.

I would like to use the site you refered to yourself

http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-destroyer.html

Ok that was my bad, but this scenario still is not Destroyer animated by all of Asgard, and Odin still won't be infusing it with all of his energy either, because if he did that he would be comatose and vulnerable to attack.

Utrigita
Ok that was my bad, but this scenario still is not Destroyer animated by all of Asgard, and Odin still won't be infusing it with all of his energy either, because if he did that he would be comatose and vulnerable to attack.

Okay thanks then there are no further needs for debate, because we both agree that Demogorge would stomp Odin in the destroyer.

What are you thoughts if we said the one that fought the Celestials???

TricksterPriest
The Destroyer that fought the celestials would have a much better shot at winning, but it depends on who was animating it. Asgard, or all the skyfathers?

I still think Demogorge wins. and for those who are trying to claim that the Elder Gods are not powerful than Odin........GTFO. Almost all the Elder Gods outclass skyfathers. Cyttorak is elder god level, the Vishanti are elder god level, Shuma-Gorath, Cthon, Set, etc.

All of whom are exceedingly powerful. And Demogorge killed almost all the Elder Gods, save those who fled from him. Demogorge is designed to kill gods and demons.

But the difference in power between the celestials and Elder Gods is most pronounced inside their own realms. Shuma-Gorath for example, is equal to Eternity in his realm. Cyttorak's crimson cosmos is totally under his control.

So outside their realms, The Celestials can beat Elder Gods, albeit in mass. Inside their own realms? I don't think the entire Celestial host can win.

Utrigita
The Destroyer that fought the celestials would have a much better shot at winning, but it depends on who was animating it. Asgard, or all the skyfathers?

I still think Demogorge wins. and for those who are trying to claim that the Elder Gods are not powerful than Odin........GTFO. Almost all the Elder Gods outclass skyfathers. Cyttorak is elder god level, the Vishanti are elder god level, Shuma-Gorath, Cthon, Set, etc.

All of whom are exceedingly powerful. And Demogorge killed almost all the Elder Gods, save those who fled from him. Demogorge is designed to kill gods and demons.

But the difference in power between the celestials and Elder Gods is most pronounced inside their own realms. Shuma-Gorath for example, is equal to Eternity in his realm. Cyttorak's crimson cosmos is totally under his control.

So outside their realms, The Celestials can beat Elder Gods, albeit in mass. Inside their own realms? I don't think the entire Celestial host can win.

I would say that the Destroyer that fought the Celestials would have no problems with Demogorge.

Isn't the Vishanti above elder god Level???

But he didn't defeat them in there own realm they ran from him but certainly not from there own realms. Where his chances of defeating them should according to you zero.

TricksterPriest
I would say that the Destroyer that fought the Celestials would have no problems with Demogorge.

But he didn't defeat them in there own realm they ran from him but certainly not from there own realms. Where his chances of defeating them should according to you zero.

Maybe I'm lowrating the Destroyer. srug

No, the Vishanti are Elder God level.

The Elder gods who escaped Demogorge created their realms over millions (billions? not sure) of years, as a protection against Demogorge and others coming after them. Shuma is the exception, since he was sealed up long before Demogorge's birth.

Utrigita
Maybe I'm lowrating the Destroyer. srug

No, the Vishanti are Elder God level.

The Elder gods who escaped Demogorge created their realms over millions (billions? not sure) of years, as a protection against Demogorge and others coming after them. Shuma is the exception, since he was sealed up long before Demogorge's birth.

I think you are...

And you think he would still win if he entered one of there realms.

And I think you should read up on Vishanti

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Vishanti

CosmicSurfer
Nobody knows what Cyttorak really is. He is classified as a high end mystical deity. Not an elder god, demon or a god.

Standard Destroyer is bestowed with a fraction of power from every earth skyfather. I thought this was obvious according to all the websites.

Even if we use standard Destroyer empowered by Odin armed with the Odin sword, how can Demogorge win? Can he regenerate having his limbs or head hacked off.

guy222

Celestials>Demogorge yes

Sounds like a thread big grin

Ethereal

The individual entities (Hoggoth, Agamotto, and Oshtur) may be around the same level, but the Vishanti as a whole? Are above others such as Set, Chthon, Cytorrak, etc.

quanchi112
celestials are greater than demogorge.

Utrigita
The individual entities (Hoggoth, Agamotto, and Oshtur) may be around the same level, but the Vishanti as a whole? Are above others such as Set, Chthon, Cytorrak, etc.

No I believe they are above a elder god.

And why are Cyttorak called a elder god??? The only ones that escaped the Demogorge was Set and Chthon.

WhiteWitchKing

I think Trick's confused. There are only about four to five elder gods left: Gaea, Chthon, Set, Demogorge, and possibly Demiurge if he's still around. While Shuma Gorath is not, and I'll repeat this, not an elder god. Shuma Gorath comes from another universe, was its sorcceror supreme before taking over, and has been referred to as a Lord of Chaos. Each Vishanti are above the elder gods, see Agamotto's fight dimension wrecking fight with Galactus.

Shuma Gorath and Cyttorak aren't elder gods; they're other dimension beings like Dormammu, Tiboro, Dweller in Darkness, Nightmare, Hoggoth, Ikkor, Watomb, Seraphim, the Trions, etc. I'd even wager that Odin can beat Cyttorak. All Cyttorak is is hype. Shuma Gorath, on the other hand, outlcasses mystic mentioned so far except for the combined Vishanti. Strange had to burn away most of SG's power because just his presence in 616 would destroy galaxies.

The totem looks like this IMO:

Shuma Gorath, Vishanti
Agamotto, Hoggoth, Oshtur
Demogorge, Cube Beings
Elder gods, Octocense
Skyfathers
Hell lords

Against non mystics:

High end abstracts
Shuma Gorath, Vishanti, Tiamut
Exitar, TOAA Celestial
Galactus, most Celestials, Agamotto, Hoggoth, Oshtur
Demogorge, Cube Beings
Elder gods, members of the Octessence
Skyfathers
Hell lords

By the way, individuals in each classes are roughly equally. Power levels between classes vary.

Utrigita
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
I think Trick's confused. There are only about four to five elder gods left: Gaea, Chthon, Set, Demogorge, and possibly Demiurge if he's still around. While Shuma Gorath is not, and I'll repeat this, not an elder god. Shuma Gorath comes from another universe, was its sorcceror supreme before taking over, and has been referred to as a Lord of Chaos. Each Vishanti are above the elder gods, see Agamotto's fight dimension wrecking fight with Galactus.

Shuma Gorath and Cyttorak aren't elder gods; they're other dimension beings like Dormammu, Tiboro, Dweller in Darkness, Nightmare, Hoggoth, Ikkor, Watomb, Seraphim, the Trions, etc. I'd even wager that Odin can beat Cyttorak. All Cyttorak is is hype. Shuma Gorath, on the other hand, outlcasses mystic mentioned so far except for the combined Vishanti. Strange had to burn away most of SG's power because just his presence in 616 would destroy galaxies.

The totem looks like this IMO:

Shuma Gorath, Vishanti
Agamotto, Hoggoth, Oshtur
Demogorge, Cube Beings
Elder gods, Octocense
Skyfathers
Hell lords

Against non mystics:

High end abstracts
Exitar, TOAA Celestial
Demogorge, Cube Beings
Skyfathers
Hell lords

By the way, individuals in each classes are roughly equally. Power levels between classes vary.

I almost agree I would put Galactus at the level of Exitar Tiamut and TOAA in a one on one fight I would say depending on his powerlevels he would win such a fight, and I wouldn't put a Celestial on the same level as the combined Vishanti els Agreed.

So I would change it to

High end abstracts
Shuma Gorath, Vishanti,
Tiamut, Exitar, TOAA Celestial, Galactus
most Celestials, Agamotto, Hoggoth, Oshtur
Demogorge, Cube Beings
Skyfathers
Hell lords

els thumb up

WhiteWitchKing
I almost agree I would put Galactus at the level of Exitar Tiamut and TOAA in a one on one fight I would say depending on his powerlevels he would win such a fight, and I wouldn't put a Celestial on the same level as the combined Vishanti els Agreed.

So I would change it to

High end abstracts
Shuma Gorath, Vishanti,
Tiamut, Exitar, TOAA Celestial, Galactus
most Celestials, Agamotto, Hoggoth, Oshtur
Demogorge, Cube Beings
Skyfathers
Hell lords

els thumb up

Looks right. Galactus fluctuates. But Tiamut I'm not sure. In Eternals books, fear came over Galactus when Tiamut woke and it took a Celestial host to beat him. Still Exitar, TOAA Celestial, and a high end Galactus are probably his equal in power.

Utrigita
Looks right. Galactus fluctuates. But Tiamut I'm not sure. In Eternals books, fear came over Galactus when Tiamut woke and it took a Celestial host to beat him. Still Exitar, TOAA Celestial, and a high end Galactus are probably his equal in power.

It just my thoughts that Galactus has faced more serious threats then Tiamut without showing fear like the IG and the Heart of The Infinite etc. Actually a Celestial Host didn't defeat him they choosed to use the weapon against him.

I would agree that Exitar is his equal and TOAA and Galactus is possibly hissuprior Galactus of cause depends on his powerlevel.

guy222
It just my thoughts that Galactus has faced more serious threats then Tiamut without showing fear like the IG and the Heart of The Infinite etc. Actually a Celestial Host didn't defeat him they choosed to use the weapon against him.

I would agree that Exitar is his equal and TOAA and Galactus is possibly hissuprior Galactus of cause depends on his powerlevel.

^^2nd Celestial Host used "The Weapon". 12 "Eyes" made him realized his crime. Tiamut, the Dreaming Celestial is back. Bigger and Badder than ever. According to Eternals #6 and Thena, "he's the most dangerous thing on Earth"

Demogorge
big grin

Colossus-Big C

Against non mystics:

High end abstracts
Exitar, TOAA Celestial
Demogorge, Cube Beings
Skyfathers
Hell lords

were would you put the destroy+odin and all skyfathers power in it

also would you put hell lords and herald level in the same category?

Colossus-Big C
also LOL at people saying destroyer wins because he is 2000ft laughing out loud
wouldnt you think demogorge can change his size?

who ever wins i dont think its a stomp.

the ninjak
What a fight!

I'll go with Demogorge.

the Darkone
Atun first form is more powerful than Vishnu, Zues, and Odin combined, his second had the Godhead concil peeing in there pants. Atum/Demogorge purpose is to eat Gods, Destroyer would be the can and the godly energies would be the main course. Demogorgwe all the way.

Colossus-Big C
i really dont know who wins here.
although if demogorge can suck odin out of the armor he wins.

the destroyer armor can be destroyed though

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.