The Authority vs. The Anti Authority

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Slade Wilson Pulls together a team that he spends 1 year training to take down the authority. Midnighter gets wind of this plot 1 day before they strike.

Who wins?

Slades team consist of

Slade
Wonder Woman
Firestorm
Metamorpho
Hawk Woman
The Wizard Shazam
Hit Man
Element Lad

Jenny Quantum
Jack Hawksmoor
Swift
Apollo
Midnighter
Engineer II
Doctor III
Rose Tattoo

Longinus
well if you know a plan, wouldn't you be able to easily counter it? Especially considering the high level tactican that midnighter is. Depending the setting the battle is either a hard fought or easily won one. Jenny, Engineer, Doctor, Apollo are all great threats being led by Midnighter only makes them that much more deadly and with Rose and Swift filling in the gaps I say this is theirs to win.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Longinus
well if you know a plan, wouldn't you be able to easily counter it? Especially considering the high level tactican that midnighter is. Depending the setting the battle is either a hard fought or easily won one. Jenny, Engineer, Doctor, Apollo are all great threats being led by Midnighter only makes them that much more deadly and with Rose and Swift filling in the gaps I say this is theirs to win.

yes but Deathstroke, Wonder Woman, Shazam, and Firestorm are surely all great Threats as well.

Ethereal
how powerful is Doctor III? I'm thinking it comes down to him and Shazam. But if I'm correct on Doctor's powerset... his potential is thus far greater.

Lord Shaper
The Authority win yet again.

endrict
A team should pull out of this with a win.

Joey Stacks
Shazam wins

Alfheim
Slade is overated. People think that Slade stomped Bats in H2H when in fact it was a long drawn out fight. The scans in the repect thread are misleading.

[BAW]Endrict
Give Midnighter 1 day for prep, he will kick the crap outta Slade. Look what he did to the rest of the team in the revolutions arc.

boriquaking55
The Wizard Shazam seems out of place here - he wins

Alfheim
Originally posted by Endrict
Give Midnighter 1 day for prep, he will kick the crap outta Slade. Look what he did to the rest of the team in the revolutions arc.

He doesnt need 1 days prep. He doesnt need any.

[BAW]Endrict
True.

Validus
WTF @ Shazam
Originally posted by boriquaking55
The Wizard Shazam seems out of place here - he wins
Co-sign.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Validus
WTF @ Shazam

Co-sign.

Wizard Shazam solos Authority from what it seems.

boriquaking55
The Doctor is the only one with any chance of doing absolutely anything to the Wizard. The rest die and die instantaneously. I hope they have cheap funerals too.

Galan007
The Doctor is the only one with any chance of doing absolutely anything to the Wizard. The rest die and die instantaneously. I hope they have cheap funerals too. I know ziltch about The Authority --- What makes the Doctor so badass?

boriquaking55
Originally posted by Galan007
I know ziltch about The Authority --- What makes the Doctor so badass?

from what I've seen, he's shown the ability to alter reality to some extent, but frankly I find him overrated. The feats I've seen are not outside the grasp of a typical skyfather for example.

Validus
Originally posted by Galan007
I know ziltch about The Authority --- What makes the Doctor so badass?
He's a reality warper. A fight between he and Shazam is potentially pretty cool but this new kid doesn't have the experience yet IMO.

Validus
from what I've seen, he's shown the ability to alter reality to some extent, but frankly I find him overrated. The feats I've seen are not outside the grasp of a typical skyfather for example.
Most people consider him to be around a low level Skyfather.

Galan007
He's a reality warper. A fight between he and Shazam is potentially pretty cool but this new kid doesn't have the experience yet IMO. Cool.

Are scans of him warping reality, in that Authority respect thread?

boriquaking55
but this new kid doesn't have the experience yet IMO.

Yea, I had forgotten about that. The new doctor is very inexperienced, and that would play into Shazam's hands very well. The rest of the combatants are really just pawns.

[BAW]Endrict
yes...

Charlotte DeBel
According to the arc where Jenny Quantum gets adopted, any high level telepath can probably take Doctor by surprice...psionically blocking the section in his brain responsible for his powers.

boriquaking55
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
According to the arc where Jenny Quantum gets adopted, any high level telepath can probably take Doctor by surprice...psionically blocking the section in his brain responsible for his powers.

well, this fight is just turning into a stomp then

[BAW]Endrict
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel

True! but not before they get turned into a rabbit or get moved to a planet full of shit. He can do this all before they start screwing with peoples minds.

A team still wins.

Validus
Originally posted by Endrict
True! but not before they get turned into a rabbit or get moved to a planet full of shit. He can do this all before they start screwing with peoples minds.

A team still wins.
I'd be willing to bet that Shazam can react far faster than Doctor.

[BAW]Endrict
Don't know him...so I am bias.

Charlotte DeBel
Doctor's reaction speed is still human by default, so if he doesn't know about upcoming attack of that kind, he's screwed...and probably badly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.