A Manslayer Story (newly revised)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Battosuai_Tim
A Manslayer Story: A Tale of Love and Hate

Introduction Saga
Season 1, Chapter 1-Enter Tim Ouellette (14-LV)

A city in Michigan-Thursday, September 9th, 2005, 7:30 PM

"You little brat! Apoligize right now!" yelled Tim's dad, his voice showing that he's been drinking, as usual.
"I didn't do anything! Why are you yelling at me like this?!"
"You know damn well what you did! Now apoligize!!" he yells again, stepping towards Tim with his hand in a fist.
"I won't!!" yelled Tim in return. "I'm not going to take this from you anymore!!"
Dad suddenly brings his fist back and hits Tim hard in the left side of the face, sending him flying onto his bed.
Tim brings his hand up to feel where he was struck and rubs it. He also wipes a little blood from the side of his mouth.
"You're grounded! Now stay the hell in your room and don't even think of coming out till tomorrow morning! You're also forbidden from eating tonight as well!" He stomps out and slams the door.
Tim sits silently on the bed, still holding his cheek and cursing under his breath. "That god damn drunk....he'll pay for what he's done to me and get what he deserves, and be sent somewhere so he can't hurt me anymore." A tear escapes his left eye. "Dammit...." he wipes away his tear then stands up. He looks over at the window and walks over to it, opening it slowly and quietly. Before he climbs out, he goes over to his table and grabs a $10 bill that's laying face-down. He places it in his pocket. "I suppose....if dad won't let me eat, I'll do so secretly." He goes over and climbs out, jumping to the ground 6 feet down. He makes sure his dad is nowhere to be seen through a window or in the yard and runs towards the nearby town.

Within five minutes, he arrives in the city limits and walks towards the nearest, and his favorite restaurant, Taco Bell. He walks in and see's no line. He smiles at that and goes up to the counter.
"Hello sir," said the cashier with a smile. "What will you like today?"
"Could I have a beef combo burrito please?"
She types in the digits to the price on the register and rings it up. "That will be $1.58 please." She takes the ten from Tim and places it in the register, giving him $8.42 for change. "Here you go. Enjoy your meal, okay?" She smiles.
Tim holds his hand out and takes the change, smiling in return. "Thank you miss." He walks down a little and is given his burrito. He walks over to grab a napkin and sits down in a booth next to the window. He slowly unwraps it and eats it at a normal pace. Within ten minutes, he finishes up and is given a 'take care' from the lady at the cashier. Tim does the same and walks out. As he does, the sky is turning a dark black, at the same time dusk comes, telling him that he should hurry back to his room. He starts a fast walk till he suddenly hears a 'clang!' from the alley across the street. He looks over with a gasp and keeps his eyes on the dark area. Little does he know that it was just a distraction for someone to grab him from behind. This mysterious person puts his hand over Tim's mouth and holds both his arms behind him. He brings Tim over in the alleyway and throws him down. As Tim gasps for air, he hears soft laughing and suddenly get's up.
"Look what we have hear," said the voice of a guy in front of him. "It's our punching bag."
"What the hell do you want?" asked Tim, grunting.
"What do you mean.....'Timmy?'" said the one who grabbed him who is standing behind him.
"Derek!" Tim whips around and glares at him. "You bastard!"
"We want to have a little fun with you." He snaps his fingers and a pain suddenly shot through his right leg. The impact of the metal bat hitting caused a crack to be heard. He gasps heavily and falls to the ground. As he did, Derek and his two partners, Chad and Jason, start kicking and stomping on him. Tim just lays there and gives no resistance at all. He knew it was useless to even try, and he was used to it; This was part of his everyday life.
Ten minutes later, Derek and the other two kick him one last time and walks away with nothing but smirks. Silence surrounded Tim as it seemed he was getting dizzy. Tim had no problem if he was going to die since nothing good ever happened, and he just didn't care anymore. To him....heaven would be a much better place. He smiles and then closes his eyes softly...letting the feeling of sleep surround him, and the pouring rain fall on his back.

The sound of rain is still falling as Tim starts coming too. He had no idea how long he was out, nor did he care like before. As he concluded, nothing cared to him anymore, nor did he look forward to anything good, in life. But he was alive still. Why? Tim just decided to keep on going and open his eyes. As he did, he slowly pushes himself up slowly, grunting from all the pain he previously felt, and raised his head. Just then.....he couldn't believe what he was seeing.
"Wait a sec....." he said softly. "This isn't the alleyway." He slowly stands and kept a face of confusion. What he was seeing around him were small windows a little above his head built into the two buildings on his left and right, and the ground was dirt instead of pavement. "What's going on.....?" he slowly starts walking, feeling the coldness of the falling rain on him and the darkness of the night surround him. He turned a corner and looked down what looked like another alleyway connecting to the one he was in. He walked down that one then tripped suddenly. As he did, he noticed the clothes he was wearing were different. "What the hell....?" he said. "Why am I in a kimono like.....?" He was wearing a kimono that many men in Japan wear. The bottom part was white, the top being bluish. "Am I....in Japan?" He continues walking out into a wide street. "This place....." he said to himself. "This looks just like....."
"Hey you!" came a voice from his left.
Tim gasps and looks to see five men with swords on their belts. "Oh my god.....I AM in Japan!" He yelled to himself as he steps back.
"Where do you think you going?!" The man unsheathes his sword and points it towards Tim. "You're the first one we've seen tonight out in this rain, so I figure we might as well kill you!"
After those words, Tim turned on his heel and started running as fast as he could. "Oh my god, this isn't happening! This isn't happening!!" he yelled to himself. As he was nearing the opening to another alleyway, more men came out, swords at the ready. Tim gasps as he slips on the wet ground, yet still on his feet. "Shit!!"
"You're mince meat now, young one!" He laughs.
Tim's eyes are now filled with as much fear as he's ever felt. Whether this was a dream or not....he was going to die. Right now, five were behind him and two in front. They were all ready for him to run and then would slay him!
"Any last words?!" yelled out the leader.
Tim stood in place, looking away from him. "Hmphh...." he turns towards him. "When will you types of bastards ever learn?! No matter what crime you do, it will always be fun to you till it lasts, but then the punishment comes and it's life in hell! Do you really want that?!"
"Hmphh! What does a little smart-ass like you know?!" He steps forward. "Let's get him men!!" They all charge for him.
"Help!!!!!!" Tim managed to yell out. He closes his eyes and get's ready for what he sort of wishes for; death.
But.....he felt nothing. With his eyes closed, he could hear the clang of two swords, men trying to kill each other, and the sound of a man falling to the ground. Tim had to see what was going on and turned around. Now he was surprised....
It was......
"Battousai, you bastard!!" One of the five remaining charged at him, sword raised. The man being called the battousai didn't flinch till he was a few inches away from him and hit him in the back with his sword.....but with the reverse side. Who was this man?
As the man tried to do before the rest, they did the same, but all failed. Now only Tim was left standing, and shaking. He steps back then trips again, looking frighteningly at the mysterious man.
The man sheathes his sword and walks towards Tim.
"Stay back! I mean it!!" yelled Tim.
"Whoa, whoa! Slow down there, sir. I'm not here to harm you, that I'm not."
"Thank goodness....." said Tim to himself with a soft sigh. He then stood up and looked to this man. "It's a good thing he was normal just now.....and not the battousai."
"Hmm?" the man blinks. "What's the matter sir?"
Tim blinks also then smiles. "Nothing. I'm just still a little jumpy."
The man softly laughs. "I'm glad to see you're doing okay. I just happened to be looking out for trouble today so I happened to see you."
Tim nods. "I appreciate it." He sighs then turns around.
"Hold on sir!" said the man suddenly.
Tim turns around again. "What is it?"
"Do you have a home? Why are you out in this rain?"
Tim stared at him for a moment then sighed, looking down and thinking over everything that's happened. "Well....actually, I don't. I just wander around with no goal in my mind."
"How about you come live with me and my friends?"
Tim suddenly raises his head. "What.....? Really?"
The man smiles. "Of course. People like you are always welcome at our dojo."
Tim stands there in awe then smiles greatly. "Thank you so much sir." He bows, acting like a japanese person, practicing their cultures and behaviors.
"The name is Kenshin Himura. And yours?"
"Tim Ouellette."
"Ouellette. Is that french?"
Tim softly laughs. "Yeah, it is. My family name came from the french area in Canada over by America, and we came here to live, but....." He looks away with a slight angry look.
"It's okay if you don't want to talk about it. It's no problem with me."
Tim sighs then looks back to Kenshin. "Alright." He smiles. "Anyhow, do you mind if we go back to your place? I'm really starving."
Kenshin smiles. "Sure. Follow me Tim." He starts walking back the other way.
"I'm right behind ya!" He starts following.

Battosuai_Tim
Introduction Saga
Season 1, Chapter 2-The Story Told by a Lonely Boy (14-LV)

(The night of September 10th, 1879)

As the two near the home of Kenshin Himura, the falling rain starts to cease and Tim Ouellette keeps wondering if this is a dream, but if it isn't.....why was he here? Kenshin looks over at him. "Something wrong, Sir Tim?"
Tim looks over at him with a smile. "No, nothing at all."
"That's good. I'll make sure you'll feel welcome at our place. From the bruises and cuts you have, it seems you've went through something very terrible, that you did."
"Heh....." Tim looks at his right arm. "You know, this is the first talk I've really had with someone where I felt like I was welcomed for a long time." He grunts. "All my life, I've been treated like shit, and no one gave a damn about me. It's like I....never existed."
"A very sad story. There must be more to it, that there is," he replied in a kind way.
"Yes, there is....but do you mind if I do so back at your home?" Tim looks to him.
"Of course you can." He smiles then looks forward again.
Tim smiles also then looks at his scar. He knew the history of it after watching the show, and how he went through so much as an assassin for the government, and killing his first wife, Tomoe, by accident. He didn't know who had it worse: him who has nothing to look forward to in life or Kenshin who's killed so many and had to suffer with the death of his love. He sighs then lowers his head.
About 5 minutes later, they arrive at these enormous doors built into a large wall stretching along a good portion of the road by the intersection they were at. "Well, we're here," said Kenshin.
Tim looks in front of him and see's the sign he's familiar with posted by the door that says "Kamiya Kasshin Style Dojo." "So...." said Tim, acting as if he didn't know. "This is a swordsmanship dojo, huh?"
"Yes. The instructor is a young woman around your age."
"Wow....." Tim acted surprised. "A girl who is 16 practicing swordsmanship, and also teaches it?"
"She's 18, that she is, but despite her age, she's carrying on the legacy that her father was teaching."
Tim smiles. "A very spirited girl....." He lowers his head.
Kenshin looks over at him with a smile. "Come on in. I'll introduce you to everyone." He opens the doors and then walks up to this well-built porch that followed around towards the back and the corner. "Miss Kaoru, I'm back!"
A young looking lady in a nice purple kimono, black hair, a ribbon tied in her hair, and blue eyes walks out of the dojo area. She was about Tim's height. "Welcome back Kenshin. How'd it go?"
"Very well, that it did."
This lady named Kaoru smiles then looks over to his left. "And who's this?"
Tim blushes then looks away.
"This young man is Sir Tim. I found him wandering in town being ambushed by some ruffians. I happened to be in the area and helped him out, that I did. He has no home, he says."
"That's horrible," said Miss Kaoru in a worried voice.
"I asked if he would want to come and live here with us, and he took up on my request."
Kaoru smiles and looks to Tim. "You're absolutely welcome to stay here Tim, so don't feel bad, alright?"
Tim looks to her with a smile and finally spoke. "Thank you so much, miss."
"No problem!" she smiles brightly.
"Hey Kenshin, welcome back!" A guy a little taller than Kenshin walks out with his big, white coat on and his brown hair bundled up to make it stick up. He has his hands in his pockets and a little red around his face, showing he was a little tipsy. On the back of his coat is a big symbol, which means 'Bad!'.
"Hello there, Sanosuke." Kenshin replies kindly.
"Hmm?" Sano notices Tim. "Who's this?"
"This is Sir Tim," said Kaoru. "He has no home, so we'll be having another person around the house from now on."
"Is that so?" Sano eyes him.
"Uhh...." Tim notices the look. "What is it???"
"Are you sure he's not some damn punk wanting to get free food?"
"What are you talking about, Sanosuke?!" yelled Kaoru. "You do it all the time at the Akabeko, so be quiet!"
"Sheesh!!" Sano slumps down.
Kaoru smiles and looks back at Tim. "Don't worry Tim. I can see you've been through quite a lot. Those bruises and cuts should be looked at."
"Yeah....." He slightly nods.
"Miss Megumi!!" Kaoru yells out inside. "Could you come out here, please?!"
A lady who had her bluish-black hair hanging down her back comes out. She had somewhat narrow eyes from the first impression of her, and she had a nice smile. She was wearing light blue clothing. Following her were two young girls and an old man who seemed to be their grandpa. "What is it, Kaoru?" this lady named Megumi asked.
"Could you take a look at this young man please and treat his wounds?"
"Certainly." Megumi smiles at Tim and motions for him to come up onto the porch. He does so and sits down. She goes into the nearest room to grab some supplies and walks back out. She kneels down next to Tim and starts rubbing a white medicine on all his wounds with light cotton on the end of a stick.
Tim knew but asked anyways. "So you're a doctor, huh?"
"Yes, that's correct." Megumi says with a smile.
Tim smiles and sighs, glad to receive help from someone for once.
Everyone kneels on the porch and forms a little group circle.
"So Tim, where are you from?" asked Kaoru.
Tim looks to her. "What do you mean? You already know."
"Oh, no. You're a loner, that we're sure of, but are you from this area?"
Tim keeps looking at her then sighs. "The truth is...." He pauses for a moment. "I do have a home."
"What?!" Everyone yells out.
"But it's not like that!" he said in a sad tone. "It's my father! He always beats on me for no apparent reason after he has alcohol! No matter what the reason, that's what he does!"
"That is so horrible....." Kaoru said softly. "But what about your mother?"
"Hmphh....." Tim lowers his head. "She's powerless to do anything, but she still loves me."
"Why don't you or your mother tell the police what is being done?" asked Kenshin.
"We......" A tear comes out of his eye. "...don't know. We just allow it to keep going on."
"Oh Tim....." Kaoru hugs him, knowing how rough life has been for him from the little story he just told.
Tim gasps. "This hug...." he told himself. "I can feel it...." He starts sobbing. "So this isn't a dream....I'm actually being treated like I'm somebody."
Kaoru smiles then looks him in the eyes. "It's okay now. We're all here for you from now on."
Tears were coming out of Tim like there was a leaking faucet in him. "Thank you.....so much....." He managed to say.
"Sir, do you like to play with kids?" One of the little girls runs up to him with a smile. "We always like to play with everyone we meet."
Tim looks to her and smiles. "Sure, I would love too, but later, alright?"
"Okay!" She smiles then runs out into the yard, the other little girl following. Tim looks at them and smiles gently. "They're really sweet."
"Yes, they certainly are. They're really kind, as you saw," said the old man.
"You've treated Ayame and Suzume really well, that you have, Dr. Gensai," said Kenshin with a smile.
"Come now Kenshin. It's the job of a guardian after all, right?"
Tim softly laughs then sighs.
"So, Sir Tim, do you mind if we hear more about yourself?" Kaoru asked this in a very kind way, showing she wasn't willing to hear more, but she was curious about this boy.
"Well...." Tim looks to everyone. "There is more, but...." He looks to his hands. "I don't know if you'll even believe me."
"Why wouldn't we believe you?" asked Sanosuke. "After all, it seems from what I've heard, life has been hell, hasn't it?"
"Yes, it has." Tim looks to him. "Being here among you people is something....I've wanted to do for some time now."
Everyone gently smiles at this young boy. Then, all of a sudden, a yell comes from outside the dojo doors. "Hey ugly!!"
"Grrrr!!!!!" Kaoru starts shaking her fists in front of her face.
"Oro?" Kenshin looks towards the entrance.
"Who's that?" asked Tim in a curious way.
"Yahiko.....that damn brat's going to get it when I open those doors!" She stomps towards the doors.
Sanosuke snickers then goes over to Tim. "Be prepared Tim. This is something you'll see a lot of while you're staying here."
Tim looks to him, then back to the doors.
Kaoru opens the doors then takes this boy Yahiko who was in samurai clothing by the collar and shakes him furiously. "You damn brat!! I swear, you call that me again, I'll SHOVE my terrible cooking down your throat!!"
"Whoawhoawhoa, okay Kaoru, okay!! It was just a joke!!"
She let's go of him and turns towards everyone else. Yahiko grunts and follows, closing the doors along the way. He walks up to the porch then notices Tim in the middle of the circle of people. "Huh, wh...."
"Tim," everyone suddenly said at the same time.
"Oh....okay." Yahiko sighs then kneels down like the rest.
"Anyhow Tim, you were saying....?" asked Kaoru nicely.
Tim looks to her with a smile and then down slightly. "I'm..." He pauses for a few moments then sighs. "I'm not part of this world."
Everyone stays silent at that, not knowing what to say next.
"Wh....what do you mean?" asked Yahiko.
"If you're thinking I'm some kind of alien from the moon or something like that, it's not that. I'm a human, just like all of you, just....from a different time, and place."
"You look normal to me, that you do, to be from here."
"That's the thing...." said Tim softly. "When I woke up, I was in these clothes. The last thing I remember from being in my time was when the local bullies were pelting me with their damn weapons." He rubs his right arm lightly. "That's where I got these bruises and cuts. That is.....where I got some of them."
"You mean, the rest is from your father beating you, correct?" asked Kenshin.
Tim slowly nods. "Exactly."
"So where exactly are you from?" asked Sano, a fishbone now in his mouth.

CHAPTER 2 CONTINUED IN NEXT REPLY

Battosuai_Tim
"I'm from North America, the year 2005."
"2005?!" Megumi said excitedly. "Wow, that's hard to believe."
"Yeah....and to top it all off, I know each and every one of you."
Everyone gasps.
Tim looks to all of them and sighs. "It's true." He looks to Kenshin. "You used to be Battousai the Manslayer in Kyoto." He looks to Kaoru. "Your father died, and so you carry on the legacy of Kamiya Kasshin Style as the assistant master." He looks to Sano. "You used to be a fighter-for-hire. That's because your were part of the Sekihotai and your fellow captain Sagara was killed. Fighting Kenshin, you decided to just become a local ruffian." He looks to Megumi. "You used to work for a man named Kanryu Takada at the Edo Castle. You hated making a drug that killed, so decided to run and hide. He sent the Oniwaban Group after you and managed to get you back. Because of Kenshin, Yahiko, Sano, and Kaoru, you're here among them right now." He looks to Yahiko. "Your father was part of the Shogitai during the wars, and your mother was a sweet woman. You met Kenshin and the others after you were saved from being treated like dirt by the Shoui Syndicate." He looks to Dr. Gensai. "You're the grandpa of those two girls, Ayame and Suzume. You're the main Kamiya doctor and you teach Megumi the ways of being a great one." Finally, he sighs then looks to all of them. "That is all...."
Everyone was shocked. To think, someone they just met.....told them their lives!
"Tim.....how do you know all of this?" Kaoru was as curious as the rest.
"In my world, which is very similiar to yours, you're considered a cartoon. A form of entertainment we liked to watch as we saw things like Kaoru meeting Kenshin, Shishio being killed, Enishi being defeated, but..." He laughs slightly. "That was never animated. We only could read it to find out what happened."
"Wow....." said Kenshin. "You're certainly a very unique boy, that you are."
Tim looks to him with a gentle smile. "Thank you...." Suddenly, his stomach growls. "Uhh..." he blushes.
Kaoru laughs. "Are you hungry?"
Tim looks to her with a smile. "Yes. Could I have something please?"
"Of course." She stands up. "Now then....what would you like?"
"Anything you have is fine with me." He nods.
Kaoru nods in return. "Sure. I'll be back in a minute." She turns to walk into the kitchen, but suddenly the front dojo doors burst open.
Everyone gasps and turns to see the intruder. They were shocked to see that it was.....
"Gohei!!!" Everyone yells out.
Tim gasps then stands up. "What the hell???" he said to himself.
The two girls, Ayame and Suzume, suddenly run up to their grandpa and start crying.
"Hehhehheh....." Gohei, who is a well-built man and has a large brown beard, stands there in the opening holding a weapon in his hands. It looked to be an umbrella handle he was holding, but a sword was where the umbrella should be. "How's it hanging everyone?!"
"Gohei, what the hell are you doing here?!" yelled Sano.
"It's none of your damn business, mind you!" He laughs and looks at Tim.
Tim gasps then backs away a little. "Why is he.....looking at me?"
"You, get down here right now and fight me!" He points at Tim.
"What?!" Kaoru looks to her left. "What do you want with Tim?!"
"I don't need to tell you anything! All I want to do is duel with him like I was told!"
"Told....." said Kenshin lightly. "By who?!"
"If this battousai manages to beat me, I will give out all the info I know!"
Everyone gasps. "This battousai....?!"
"Battousai....me?" Tim couldn't hardly speak because of the fright he was dealing with. "I'm no fighter! I've never even held a sword before!"
"Don't give me that! I know who you are, so get your ass down here right now!"
"Gohei, you heard him, now get the hell out!!"
Suddenly, he starts walking towards them with a smirk.
"We mean it Gohei! Stay back!!" Kenshin goes to unsheathe his sword.
"I have no interest in no one but the little battousai!"
"Dammit Gohei, we.....!!" started Yahiko.
"Enough!!!" yelled out Tim.
Everyone gasps and looks to him.
"If he wants a fight....I will do so." He looks to Kaoru. "Could I have a wooden sword please?"
"But Tim....you won't be able to beat him with that. You'll need a real one."
"I've never used a real one before. Besides, I had no problem with dying. My life has been nothing up to this point. I might as well go out and die trying to protect....the only friends I've ever made."
Everyone is now quiet. Was he serious? Was....he really going to die for them?
A tear runs down Kaoru's cheek. "Tim....."
"Miss Kaoru, please....."
She suddenly runs into the dojo and comes out with what he asked for. Tim takes it lightly and sighs. "Thank you...." He turns away from them. "If I die, I wanted to say something before I do." He smiles with a tear coming down his right cheek. "You guys seemed to be my only family to me ever since I found out about all you....since I always enjoyed wanting to be with you in my thoughts." He walks towards Gohei, wooden sword clenched in his right hand.
Everyone couldn't believe what was going on. This boy.....Tim Ouellette....was willing to die for their safety, and after having such a terrible life, they understand why. They stand there in awe, no words coming to them, and no thoughts along with it, except....this boy might've made something great of himself if he didn't live the way he did.....
Tim stops about 30 feet from Gohei and glares. "What's the meaning of this....?" he asked sternly. "Why would you want to fight me, and who ordered you to come and do so?"
"Fight...." He raises his weapon. "That is all I can say to you. If you live, I will tell you everything. That is....if you are who the person that hired me says you are."
Tim glares then raises his wooden sword. "Come...." He steps forward with his right foot. "I have no fear of death...."
"Is that so....?" Gohei laughs then charges ahead. "Let's begin!!!"
Tim keeps his eyes on him then runs to his right. "At least I can run fast enough!" He said to himself. "I'll be able to avoid his sword if I keep my guard up!"
"Heh, not bad. Your speed is pretty good..." He charges for him again. "But what about your sword skills?!"
Tim looks ahead of him. "Dammit..."
Gohei raises his weapon high and brings it down. Tim jumps back and raises his sword again.
"Heahhhh!!!!" Tim races ahead, his sword extended down to the ground by his side.
"Heh!" Gohei raises it again and brings it down. Tim smirks then jumps to the left. "Got ya!!!" He aimed for his back but...."Ahh!!!"
He was too slow.....Gohei brought his hand around and grabbed the end of the wooden blade. "You're too slow, young one. It seems you're not the person I was asked to see." He tightens the hold on the wooden blade while Tim is still holding the handle and is sent flying, landing on the ground about 35 feet away from him.
"Sir Tim!!" Kenshin yells out.
Tim manages to get up quickly and looks ahead at him. "You bastard......"
"What was that....?" He steps in front as he reaches him. He brings his hand down and grabs his neck, holding him up.
Tim starts gagging and trying to free the hold on him. He couldn't do it....Just like in his time, he was powerless at everything. He knew nothing of fighting, for he had a gentle soul. Fighting was something he never believed in.
"No, Tim!!" Kaoru starts crying.
"You're nothing; just a pathetic wimp that doesn't know when to shut his damn mouth!" He throws Tim again. This time, he threw him into the dojo wall. The strength within Tim was pouring out. He could barely move his arms now. "Now then....might I add another wound to you along with the ones you have?" He raises his sword slightly as Tim was pushing himself up and slices him in the left arm. He let's out a piercing scream and holds the terribly bleeding wound slightly.
"No....he's really going to die." Yahiko clenched his fists.
"Dammit....if I go out there, Gohei will surely kill him." Kenshin clenches his fists as well.
"Now then...for the head." He raises his sword again. "So long, little one!!" He sends it down. Tim opens one eye quickly and rolls to his right, leaping to his feet. "What?!"
Tim is facing away from Gohei, still holding his wound.
"Come now, are you going to cry?!" He laughs loudly.
"Shut up...." Tim coldly turns to him, the looks of a killer in his eyes!
"What?!" Gohei looks to him then laughs again. "Finally....it seems you are the one! That look...."
"Why are you still talking....?" He grips his weapon tightly. "....when your words sound like shit to me?"
"Sir Tim.....what is going on here?" asked Kenshin, frightened.
"I don't know....but Kenshin...he seems to have the same personality as you! He...he sounded like he didn't want to hurt him a few minutes ago, now....he's willing to kill him!"
Everyone gasps. What they're watching might be something that would be talked about later in the history of this country. This boy....Tim Ouellette....he was still mysterious. Whoever he is....he certainly could be considered a battousai right now.

Battosuai_Tim
Introduction Saga
Season 1, Chapter 3-Tim's Reason is Revealed...? (14-LV)

Tim keeps the sharp, death glare on Gohei as he continues gripping the wooden weapon in his hand. "You're trash....and you should come to realize that trash stays thrown away!"
"Sir Tim...." Kenshin looks at him in shock. "I don't understand...."
"Hmphh...it appears he was lying to us about everything. I mean, come on....you can tell he has the will to fight," said Sano.
"What are you talking about, Sanosuke?! You know he can't fight! Don't you remember his story?!" yelled Kaoru. "If you look at him for a first time, you can see the sadness that he suffers with, but once you get to know him....you can tell he just wants to live a peaceful life with a family he can trust, and I believe we can make his wish come true."
"He reminds me of Sojiro, that he does," said Kenshin. "But Sojiro never got this angry till he broke down in my final duel with him. But Sir Tim....he changed rather quickly."
Everyone then continues to watch in silence as the battle continues.
"Hehhehheh....so, I annoy you, don't I?!" said Gohei with a smirk.
Tim kept his glare and same position, the look on his face showing he just doesn't give a shit what Gohei says.....He just want's him dead.
"If that's what you think of me, then go ahead and do your worst! That is, IF you are the one I was asked to fight!" He raises his sword.
"Believe me Gohei....you don't want this battle to continue." He grins. "I'll slaughter you in one move when I get my hands on your sword!"
"Ohhhh, confident?! I'd like to see you try and take it! You know you'll leave yourself wide-open if you try and do that!"
"I thought I told you to shove it, *******!"
"What?!" Gohei grits his teeth and charges ahead, weapon raised high. "I don't care who you are! You're dead now!!!"
"Finally...." Tim jumps over him then turns around. "It's about time you moved. I probably would've bought you a coffin for your death in town and came back before we even started."
"You are really getting be pissed, you brat!!" He turns around and charges him again the same way.
Tim softly laughs at himself and raises his wooden sword. "Oh well, I suppose this is the only thing I have to use!" He heads for him, his wooden sword raised as well.
"Sir Tim!!" Kenshin yelled out.
"Dammit, what is he doing going straight for him?!" Sano clenches his fists and steps forward.
"Wait, Sano! Let Sir Tim handle this!" Kenshin places an arm in front of him, preventing him from going any further.
"But Kenshin, he has no experience! Why are we allowing him to do this?!"
"Sir Tim's life is not up to us, but to him. It's simple enough that we know nothing of what he's been through, besides what he's told us. There are many that are like him, and some just choose to give up and commit suicide, but he's one of those that don't give up and keeps on going, knowing there's something waiting for him that will cure him of the pain."
Sano looks down at him for a moment then smiles, nodding along with it. "Yeah, I got ya."
"Heahhhhh!!!!!" They both swing their blades forward. As they stop, being on opposite sides now, Gohei is holding his arm where he was hit pretty hard with the wooden blade, and Tim is kneeling down, holding his chest.
"Tim!!!" Kaoru cries out.
"Dammit....this guy is persistant," said Tim to himself. "I can see how he was such a damn nuisance in the past. I would think he'd learn after three times." He slowly stands and turns to face Gohei. "I need a real wea..." He suddenly stops, Tim's body wincing at the same moment.
"Huh.....?" Kenshin looks at him. "What's wrong with Sir Tim?"
"I don't know....." said Yahiko. "Is it because of the wound he got just now?"
Tim blinks and looks around. "Wh....what happened....?" Suddenly, he screams and grabs his bleeding chest. "What happened?!?!!"
"Oh no...." Kenshin runs out and kneels down. "Sir Tim!!"
"Ken...shin..." Tim slowly looks up at him.
"Sir Tim, get out of here! I'll fight for you!"
"No!!!" he suddenly yelled out.
Kenshin gasps at the harshness in his voice. "But you're going to die! Why do you still fight when you have no skill?!"
"I've run enough already...." he slowly stood, almost falling in the process. "There must be a reason why I'm here...." A tear falls down his cheek. "And because of that, I must become stronger!"

CHAPTER 3 CONTINUES IN NEXT REPLY

Battosuai_Tim
Kenshin looks at him, still surprised by his determination. "Sir Tim...."
"Kenshin, give me your sword."
"What?"
"Give me your sword! I'll need a real weapon after all, right?!"
Kenshin looks down at his weapon on his belt and slowly removes it, holding it out. "Alright...let's hope you use it well."
Tim extended his hand and wrapped his fingers around it, feeling the texture and being ready to be able to get accustomed to it's weight. He slowly takes it and put's it on his belt. "Thank you." He slowly unsheathes it and holds the blade out towards Gohei.
"What difference will it make?!" yelled Gohei. "You just have more weight to carry around! Give it up!!!"
Tim steps forward with his left and smiles. "No."
"Then I will send you to hell!!!" He charges forward again, hoping to make this the final blow.
"Alright!" Tim gave himself a boost in confidence and ran forward, the sword being raised high. It looked like he was accustomed to the weight already. As they both neared each other, everyone was prepared for what might happen. Would it be Tim, or Gohei that would win this?
As Gohei swung forward, Tim jumped to the side with his right foot, made a turn on the same foot to face Gohei's left side, sheathes the sword, charges forward, and unsheathes upon approaching him. The reverse-blade comes in contact with his side, pressing in and also sending him flying into the wall.
Everyone suddenly gasps. They were shocked to see that Tim suddenly became so strong, and after obtaining Kenshin's sword!
"Uhhh...." Tim was stunned. How....did he do that? He slowly stood up and looked at the gleaming blade he held in his right hand. "I....won."
"You did it, Tim! Alright!!" yelled Yahiko.
Tim looked to them with the same face. "H...how did I do that...?"
Gohei starts getting out of the wall and smirks. "That power...is what I was looking for." He puts his weapon away. "Now then....let's get down to business."
Tim looks to him, sheathing the reverse-blade. "Then tell me...why did you want to duel with me?"
"You don't know the reason of all this happening, do you?"
Tim gave him a glare. "What the hell are you getting at?!"
"It's simple....Makoto Shishio wishes to meet you."
Everyone gasps heavily.
"Mak.....Makoto Shishio?!" yelled Kenshin. "What are you talking about?!"
"It's just as I said, battousai. Makoto Shishio wants to duel with the one standing before me."
Tim was as shocked as the rest. He knew who Makoto Shishio was and seeing what he was capable of, he didn't know if he'd be able to survive. "You lie...."
"Why would I lie after battling with you to find out if you were the one?"
"The one?! Why would I want to battle with that bastard anyways?!" He shouted, not understanding anything that was going on right now.
"As you progress through your journey, you will find out everything."
Tim glared then charged forward at god-like speed, holding the reverse-blade by his throat. "Tell me, dammit! I'm not a boy to be screwed with!"
Gohei looks down at him with a smile. "Let me just say you can be Shishio's equal, with a little practice of course."
"I never wanted to fight!! Why the hell do I have to do this?!" He raises the sword high.
"Our fight is done. What point is there to continue?"
Tim gritted his teeth then let the sword fall to the ground.
"Good boy." He turns to leave. "Leave for Kyoto in the morning. Shishio will be waiting for you."
It was silent in the yard of the dojo for a minute, till Sano broke the silence.
"What the hell is Gohei doing cooperating with Shishio anyways?! We don't even know if he's even alive again! How can he?! He spontaneously combusted right in front of us!!"
"That is the puzzling thing..." Kenshin said lightly, looking to Tim. "But we all know that Sir Tim must go and defeat him, for a reason that is still unknown to us.
Tim has his head lowered, teeth gritted, eyes closed, and hands shaking as fists are made. "Dammit..." he said quietly. He brought his fist up and slammed it into the ground. "Dammit!!! What the hell is going on here?!"
Kaoru walks up to him and kneels down. "Tim...." She places a hand on his shoulder. "Why don't you go to sleep? After all...." She lowers her head. "You do have a long journey ahead of you."
"I'm not going...." he said lightly.
"But Tim....it's strange. You appear here, saying you're from the other world, and now Shishio is said to be alive again. Do you think you should accomplish what must be done?"
"I don't care!!!" he yelled out, sobbing. "I never wanted any of this! You guys were enough, but fighting.....I never wanted to fight!!!"
Kaoru feels hurt now for Tim, and can't think of anything to do but hold him. "Come now Tim....think back to what Kenshin went through. You should know as well as I that being an assassin and then atoning for all the people he killed is much worse than you, right?"
Tim lays his head on her shoulder, continuing his sorrow.
"Come on....let's get you to bed." She helps him stand and walks him into a room. She sets the futon up and then has him crawl in. "We'll see you in the morning, alright?"
Tim looks up at her with a somewhat frightening and stern look. "I might not even be here....because all of this might be a dream." He turns around and closes his eyes. "But good night."
"Good night..." Kaoru smiles and then stands, walking out of the room, but looks back at Tim before she closes the door. "We're all here for you now, Tim. Like you said....we were like family to you. We'll support you all the way." She nods sadly and closes the door, leaving it open a crack.
And Tim lays there-alone, in the quiet, and in the darkness. One part of him says he was strong....but the other said he was scared.
With that idea going through his head, there was only one thing that he could think about after that:
"Who am I.....?"

End of Introduction Saga

Battosuai_Tim
Shishio Saga
Season 1, Chapter 4-Tim's Departer from Tokyo PG

"Ohhh...." Tim rolled over on his futon. "Mother..." He slowly opens his eyes, facing the ceiling. What he saw was the same thing he did when he fell asleep last night; the ceiling of the room he was occupying at the Kamiya Dojo. "I guess all of this isn't a dream...." he said lightly. "I have a purpose for being here..." He slowly sat up and sighed, looking down at the night kimono he had on. "I suppose I should eat breakfast before I leave..." Tim stands up and stretches. Walking out of the room, he looked to his right and saw Yahiko training in the yard and Kenshin sitting on the porch, his hands resting in his lap. He closes the door to the room and walks up to him. "Good morning, Kenshin."
"Oh...." Kenshin looks to him. "Good morning, Sir Tim. How are you feeling?"
It took Tim a few moments to answer him because of everything on his mind. "Fine, thank you." He bows his head and walks into the dojo. Kaoru was cleaning up as he did. As his footsteps are heard, Kaoru turns to greet him.
"Hi there, Tim. You're looking better."
Tim smiles slightly. "Yeah...I suppose." He bows his head like he did for Kenshin and walked up to her. "Hey...Miss Kaoru?"
"What is it?" She wipes her hands off on the cloth wrapped around her waist and awaits an answer with a smile.
Tim sighed then looked straight at her. "When Kenshin left you that night to head to Kyoto....was it like the time when your father left you?"
Kaoru looked to him for a while before answering. She smiled. "Yes....it was exactly like before. I lost my mother, making it a terrible time to live through, but my father leaving made it even worse. I didn't think anything would go well with me anymore; having to be the assistant master of the Kamiya Kasshin and very few students. All because of Gohei, I thought my life was pointless now. I..." She lowered her head. "....I even thought of killing myself."
Tim winced slightly. He wasn't as surprised as you would think, for he even thought of commiting suicide too. He allowed her to continue.
"But then...." Tears started flowing out of her eyes. "I met Kenshin...and I fell in love with him! I never thought I could be any happier, having someone like him around to protect me and keep me company!" She fell to her knees, placing her hands up to her face, sobbing away in front of Tim.
Tim looked down at her with a face of sorrow, feeling very sorry for her. He slowly kneeled down then placed his arms around her. "I'm here too, Kaoru..." he said softly. "Don't think of me as a friend, but family..." He makes his hug tighter, closing his eyes slowly. "I promise to protect you too..."
Kaoru's sobs become harder, and she collapses on his shoulder. Was it that she started having feelings for Tim? Tim gave a smile at that thought, and giggled. "No..." he said to himself. "Kenshin is her one and only love...." He sighs. "I don't know who I'll be with...but I hope it's with someone as special as Kaoru." He slowly pulls back and stands up. "I'll go make breakfast then. It's my honor, for I'll be leaving later anyway." He smiles brightly and walks into the kitchen. Kaoru watches him as he does and smiles, wiping her eyes. "Tim...."
Tim get's a bag of rice out and cuts up a few vegetables. As he get's the fire started, he places all the contents together and starts steaming it, mixing it good. Within 15 minutes, he get's all the bowls and chopsticks together. He places rice in all 9 bowls and brings them all out on a tray. He sets them all in front of everyone then sits in his place at the table. "It's not much everyone, but it's for becoming my new friends." He lowers his head, showing he was praying.
Everyone watched in awe. This boy was amazing and very nice. To think last night, he obtained powers beyond imagination. Also, his life...he's lived through so much hell. To think he was among all of them right now, and that he was smiling, which was something that was probably rare with this boy, Tim.
Tim raises his head and picks up his bowl. "Well, let's eat." He begins to use the chopsticks to pick up his food, placing it nicely in his mouth. Everyone smiled and nodded, eating up the food that Tim nicely cooked for them.

---------------------------------------------

After the nice breakfast, Tim made another prayer and headed for his room, wasting no time to get ready for this perilious journey. He placed a cloth on the floor and put a change of clothes that Kaoru gave him that belonged to her father and some food for the road. Tim tied the cloth up tightly, making sure nothing would fall out then headed out. He walked the porch to the entrance of the dojo to look back in before leaving, and smiled. He then looked to everyone in the yard, watching him as he took one more look at his new home before heading off. Tim stepped off of the porch and looked to everyone. "Well, I suppose I should be off now."
"Yeah..." Kaoru said softly. "But maybe you should leave a little later on. It seems a storm is about to hit us."
Tim looks up at the darkening sky and slowly shook his head. "No....I should get this over with. The longer I stay away from this problem, the more people that will get involved, including all of you."
Everyone looked to him, surprised he was willing to protect all of them.
"Tim, wait a minute!" yelled Sano. "Do you even know what the hell might be out there, besides Shishio?!"
Tim blinked. "Well, I'm not really sure. It might just be him I have to fight, but don't worry, if it's someone I already know from watching you guys in my world, I'll be fine." He winks, giving a soft laugh.
Kenshin smiles. "You're a really high spirited boy, that you are. To think that within a day, you've changed drastically."
"Well, there's a reason for that." He nods. "Before, I felt I wasn't welcome among anyone, or had a reason at all, but now that I'm here....I have both."
"But Tim, you don't seem to be the person that want's to fight. Why do you consider that a reason?" asked Yahiko.
"Because I have someone to protect." Tim said softly. "All of you are now my friends now, my family you could say."
Everyone slightly gasps after the captivating speech Tim just gave. Little did they know, that from this point on, Tim would become one of the greatest people known.
"Well....I should be going now." Tim walked past them and past the doors, stopping within the opening as Kaoru spoke out.
"Tim, wait!"
"Hm?" Tim turns around. "What is it, Miss Kaoru?"
She walks up to him and places two things in his hand; the ointment that Megumi gave to Kenshin on his journey before and a piece of paper.
"This medicine...." Tim looked at it. "It's the same Miss Megumi made for Kenshin."
"Yes, it is." Megumi said. "I would think someone would need it someday, and to think it'd be you."
Tim grasped it tightly in his hand and looked to everyone. "Thank you...."
"And as for the piece of paper, show it at the man in the bank. You can withdraw up to 3,000 yen for your journey out of my account." She smiles.
Tim nods. "Thanks very much, Miss Kaoru." He hugs her tightly, then pulls back. "I'll go buy a sword before heading out, and I'll make sure to watch my back." He gives a thumbs up. "Take care everyone." He turns and starts off.
The wind blows lightly as the Kenshin group watches their new friend and family member walk into the distance...

------------------------------------------

Tim enters the market downtown and heads for the bank, doing as Kaoru said and withdrawing 3,000 yen. As he leaves, he starts looking around for a weapon shop. He knew he'd find at least one, for he knew there was a sword law out, but his reason for having one was serious enough; it was for the sake of this country practically. Tim didn't know if Shishio might involve others in their battle, so he would be ready for anything. Then, out of the corner of his eye, he spots a small shack with swords displayed in the windows. He walks up to them and spots a nice one for 2,350 yen. He walks in, takes it, and walks up to the counter to pay for his ticket to battle.
"Hello there," said the clerk. "Buying this for someone, I see?"
Tim remained silent for a moment, knowing that if he said he was going to use it for his own purposes, he might be arrested. "Yes," he plainly said.
"Alright then. That will be 2,350 yen." Tim placed the money on the counter then took the sword lightly. "Take care, young one."
Tim nodded with a small smile. "Thank you, sir." He walks out then heads for the city exit, where the forest awaited. As he did, the rain started coming down. Tim placed the sword in his belt then continued on. "I suppose this is my destiny..." said Tim lightly. "And no matter what, I will fulfill it!"

Battosuai_Tim
Shishio Saga
Season 1, Chapter 4-Tim's Departure from Tokyo (PG)

"Ohhh...." Tim rolled over on his futon. "Mother..." He slowly opens his eyes, facing the ceiling. What he saw was the same thing he did when he fell asleep last night; the ceiling of the room he was occupying at the Kamiya Dojo. "I guess all of this isn't a dream...." he said lightly. "I have a purpose for being here..." He slowly sat up and sighed, looking down at the night kimono he had on. "I suppose I should eat breakfast before I leave..." Tim stands up and stretches. Walking out of the room, he looked to his right and saw Yahiko training in the yard and Kenshin sitting on the porch, his hands resting in his lap. He closes the door to the room and walks up to him. "Good morning, Kenshin."
"Oh...." Kenshin looks to him. "Good morning, Sir Tim. How are you feeling?"
It took Tim a few moments to answer him because of everything on his mind. "Fine, thank you." He bows his head and walks into the dojo. Kaoru was cleaning up as he did. As his footsteps are heard, Kaoru turns to greet him.
"Hi there, Tim. You're looking better."
Tim smiles slightly. "Yeah...I suppose." He bows his head like he did for Kenshin and walked up to her. "Hey...Miss Kaoru?"
"What is it?" She wipes her hands off on the cloth wrapped around her waist and awaits an answer with a smile.
Tim sighed then looked straight at her. "When Kenshin left you that night to head to Kyoto....was it like the time when your father left you?"
Kaoru looked to him for a while before answering. She smiled. "Yes....it was exactly like before. I lost my mother, making it a terrible time to live through, but my father leaving made it even worse. I didn't think anything would go well with me anymore; having to be the assistant master of the Kamiya Kasshin and very few students. All because of Gohei, I thought my life was pointless now. I..." She lowered her head. "....I even thought of killing myself."
Tim winced slightly. He wasn't as surprised as you would think, for he even thought of commiting suicide too. He allowed her to continue.
"But then...." Tears started flowing out of her eyes. "I met Kenshin...and I fell in love with him! I never thought I could be any happier, having someone like him around to protect me and keep me company!" She fell to her knees, placing her hands up to her face, sobbing away in front of Tim.
Tim looked down at her with a face of sorrow, feeling very sorry for her. He slowly kneeled down then placed his arms around her. "I'm here too, Kaoru..." he said softly. "Don't think of me as a friend, but family..." He makes his hug tighter, closing his eyes slowly. "I promise to protect you too..."
Kaoru's sobs become harder, and she collapses on his shoulder. Was it that she started having feelings for Tim? Tim gave a smile at that thought, and giggled. "No..." he said to himself. "Kenshin is her one and only love...." He sighs. "I don't know who I'll be with...but I hope it's with someone as special as Kaoru." He slowly pulls back and stands up. "I'll go make breakfast then. It's my honor, for I'll be leaving later anyway." He smiles brightly and walks into the kitchen. Kaoru watches him as he does and smiles, wiping her eyes. "Tim...."
Tim get's a bag of rice out and cuts up a few vegetables. As he get's the fire started, he places all the contents together and starts steaming it, mixing it good. Within 15 minutes, he get's all the bowls and chopsticks together. He places rice in all 9 bowls and brings them all out on a tray. He sets them all in front of everyone then sits in his place at the table. "It's not much everyone, but it's for becoming my new friends." He lowers his head, showing he was praying.
Everyone watched in awe. This boy was amazing and very nice. To think last night, he obtained powers beyond imagination. Also, his life...he's lived through so much hell. To think he was among all of them right now, and that he was smiling, which was something that was probably rare with this boy, Tim.
Tim raises his head and picks up his bowl. "Well, let's eat." He begins to use the chopsticks to pick up his food, placing it nicely in his mouth. Everyone smiled and nodded, eating up the food that Tim nicely cooked for them.

---------------------------------------------

After the nice breakfast, Tim made another prayer and headed for his room, wasting no time to get ready for this perilious journey. He placed a cloth on the floor and put a change of clothes that Kaoru gave him that belonged to her father and some food for the road. Tim tied the cloth up tightly, making sure nothing would fall out then headed out. He walked the porch to the entrance of the dojo to look back in before leaving, and smiled. He then looked to everyone in the yard, watching him as he took one more look at his new home before heading off. Tim stepped off of the porch and looked to everyone. "Well, I suppose I should be off now."
"Yeah..." Kaoru said softly. "But maybe you should leave a little later on. It seems a storm is about to hit us."
Tim looks up at the darkening sky and slowly shook his head. "No....I should get this over with. The longer I stay away from this problem, the more people that will get involved, including all of you."
Everyone looked to him, surprised he was willing to protect all of them.
"Tim, wait a minute!" yelled Sano. "Do you even know what the hell might be out there, besides Shishio?!"
Tim blinked. "Well, I'm not really sure. It might just be him I have to fight, but don't worry, if it's someone I already know from watching you guys in my world, I'll be fine." He winks, giving a soft laugh.
Kenshin smiles. "You're a really high spirited boy, that you are. To think that within a day, you've changed drastically."
"Well, there's a reason for that." He nods. "Before, I felt I wasn't welcome among anyone, or had a reason at all, but now that I'm here....I have both."
"But Tim, you don't seem to be the person that want's to fight. Why do you consider that a reason?" asked Yahiko.
"Because I have someone to protect." Tim said softly. "All of you are now my friends now, my family you could say."
Everyone slightly gasps after the captivating speech Tim just gave. Little did they know, that from this point on, Tim would become one of the greatest people known.
"Well....I should be going now." Tim walked past them and past the doors, stopping within the opening as Kaoru spoke out.
"Tim, wait!"
"Hm?" Tim turns around. "What is it, Miss Kaoru?"
She walks up to him and places two things in his hand; the ointment that Megumi gave to Kenshin on his journey before and a piece of paper.
"This medicine...." Tim looked at it. "It's the same Miss Megumi made for Kenshin."
"Yes, it is." Megumi said. "I would think someone would need it someday, and to think it'd be you."
Tim grasped it tightly in his hand and looked to everyone. "Thank you...."
"And as for the piece of paper, show it at the man in the bank. You can withdraw up to 3,000 yen for your journey out of my account." She smiles.
Tim nods. "Thanks very much, Miss Kaoru." He hugs her tightly, then pulls back. "I'll go buy a sword before heading out, and I'll make sure to watch my back." He gives a thumbs up. "Take care everyone." He turns and starts off.
The wind blows lightly as the Kenshin group watches their new friend and family member walk into the distance...

------------------------------------------

Tim enters the market downtown and heads for the bank, doing as Kaoru said and withdrawing 3,000 yen. As he leaves, he starts looking around for a weapon shop. He knew he'd find at least one, for he knew there was a sword law out, but his reason for having one was serious enough; it was for the sake of this country practically. Tim didn't know if Shishio might involve others in their battle, so he would be ready for anything. Then, out of the corner of his eye, he spots a small shack with swords displayed in the windows. He walks up to them and spots a nice one for 2,350 yen. He walks in, takes it, and walks up to the counter to pay for his ticket to battle.
"Hello there," said the clerk. "Buying this for someone, I see?"
Tim remained silent for a moment, knowing that if he said he was going to use it for his own purposes, he might be arrested. "Yes," he plainly said.
"Alright then. That will be 2,350 yen." Tim placed the money on the counter then took the sword lightly. "Take care, young one."
Tim nodded with a small smile. "Thank you, sir." He walks out then heads for the city exit, where the forest awaited. As he did, the rain started coming down. Tim placed the sword in his belt then continued on. "I suppose this is my destiny..." said Tim lightly. "And no matter what, I will fulfill it!"

Battosuai_Tim
http://ashiteru1984.deviantart.com/art/Beginnings-of-a-Family-39993942
LOL I guess this gives something away XD but well, for those who don't watch the show, look up what the characters look like. The show is called Rurouni Kenshin.
This picture is Tim and two characters that haven't been introduced yet, but keep reading and you'll enjoy what's to come! ^^
PS-I wish I drew this...sad but a friend of mine online did. I love how she did it! ^^

Shishio Saga
Season 1, Chapter 5-The Lone Girl Ninja (PG-L)

The rain continues falling on the city of Tokyo and the forests surrounding it. No one is traveling the Tokaido Trial, all except a girl ninja with a cape over her head.
"Darn that Himura! I just know he cheated me out of the money I had left! Those dice were fixed, I know it!" She does a quick sprint, wanting to get back home to Kyoto. After running another mile or so, something reaches the corner of her eye. She stops for a moment to examine. It was a boy sleeping under the tree, resting against the trunk. He had his sword leaning up on his shoulder and his head lowered, a peaceful face present upon it. "I wonder who that is...?" She walks over and kneels down, examining this boy. "He's pretty cute...." She lowers her cape and kneels by his side. "Excuse me...." She shakes him lightly. "Are you okay?"
Tim didn't move, and kept on sleeping.
"Excuse me, sir?" She shakes him again, being successful this time.
"Uhh...." Tim slowly opens his eyes as his head is still lowered. He yawns softly and looks up at the girl who woke him. "Ahh!" Tim gasps heavily.
"Wh....what???" Misao blinked with a little blush.
"Oh....sorry. You just scared me is all." He smiles softly.
"No problem." She smiles back with a wink and stands up, offering to help him up.
Tim blinks and takes her hand lightly, standing up. "Thank you."
"You're quite welcome." Then as Tim places his newly bought sword on his belt, she watches him do so. "So....you're a swordsman?"
Tim looked up at her. "Yeah....but I really didn't want to be."
"What does that mean?" She leans forward and looks him in the face, curious to know who this boy was.
"I....rather not tell you right now. It's quite a long story."
"Oh, I see." She smiles. "No problem there." She holds her hand out. "I'm Misao Makimachi, and you?"
"Tim. Tim Ouellette." She shakes her hand lightly.
"That's a very nice name. It's a name I'm not really familiar with."
"My name is half English, half French."
"So, your last name is French, huh?"
Tim nods. "That's correct, but I didn't come from that country. I was born in America."
"America, huh? Why did you come here of all places to pursue mastery of swords?"
"It's...." He looked away for a moment. "....kind of a dream I've had to become one since I was 13."
"And now it's come true." She smiles. "I admire people like you. So where are you headed?"
Tim knew everything about Misao from watching the show....and little did anyone know he had a crush on her too. To think he might be traveling with her from now on. "Kyoto."
She laughs. "I'm on my way there too. Perhaps we can travel together."
Tim gasps to himself, then smiles. "Sure....I'd love that." He bows his head.
She gives off another smile and looks up to the sky. "Well, it seems the rain has let up. We should get going then." She starts walking, then turns back and looks at Tim. "Hey, aren't you coming?"
Tim blushes. "Oh...yeah, sorry!" He runs to her side and nods. "Let's go then."
Misao laughs. "Let me just tell you right away, I'm already taken so to speak, so don't try and fall for me, alright?"
Tim remains silent for a moment and nods. "Sure..."
"Alright then. Let's get going!" She starts walking, Tim catching up with her.
"I suppose...friends are all I need to survive in this world," said Tim sadly to himself.

------------------------------------------------
Further down the road...

"So, you said you came from America, huh? How did you get here anyways?"
"I....traveled here from boat on the western coast of America with some other people wanting to travel to Japan and arrived here not long ago."
"How do you like it so far?" Misao smiled.
"It's quite interesting. I like the way your cultures are."
"From the looks of you, you seem to know us quite well. It's like you were born to live here in the first place."
"Really?" Tim smiles. "Yeah....I suppose so."
For the next five minutes, it remained quiet between them, but Misao decided to break the concentration with another question.
"You know....it strikes me as odd."
"What?" Tim looks to her.
"You don't look like the type who want's to follow this dream, so why do you?"
"I'm sorry....but I wish not to talk about it." He lowers his head.
"By the looks of you, you seem to be a boy who wants to live his life peacefully, and not as someone who kills with a weapon."
"I said I don't want to talk about it..." said Tim lightly.
"Tim, if someone is setting you up to fight like this, tell me. I'll turn them in."
"It's nothing like that!!!" yelled out Tim. "Besides, it's none of your damn business!!!"
Misao gasped, and was shocked by the huge difference in voice he just had. "Tim....I just...."
"You just, nothing!! Just shut the hell up and leave my own business be, okay?!"
Misao slaps him. "Who the hell do you think you are talking to me like that?! I can't believe you!!!" She runs off, crying.
Tim stands there, shocked by what just happened. What did he just do? What did he just say? If Misao hadn't run away just now....he would've said he was sorry.

----------------------------------------------

As Tim passes through a village, buying something to eat at a small shack, he leaves and looks back to the forest where he and Misao seperated. He never wished for any of that to happen....especially with a friend he just made. He sighed sadly and turned back forward, continuing on to Kyoto.
In the bushes, Misao watches him. In her eyes, tears reflected brightly. She now understood why he got angry, and she felt she should do the same thing. She sighed and ran out in front of Tim, her head slightly lowered.
"Uhh...." Tim looks up at her. "Misao...."
"Tim...." she looks up at him. "I'm...."
They both look at each other for a moment, seeing the sadness reflected in her eyes.
"I'm sorry...." She wiped some tears away. "I shouldn't have made you angry like that." She walks forward and hugs him lightly. "Forgive me."
Tim placed his arms around her as well, blushing slightly. "It's okay....I forgive you."
Misao slowly pulled away and looked at him with a smile. "So how about it? You want to continue on together?"
Tim looks at her with an even bigger smile. "Of course. After all, you are a really great friend."
Misao blushes slightly. "I see...." She clears her throat. "Well, let's go then!" She starts walking forward.
"Hey, wait up!" Tim laughs and rushes ahead. At this moment, the friendship of Tim and Misao started and would get even stronger as time went on...

Battosuai_Tim
Shishio Saga
Season 1, Chapter 6-Village Peril (PG-LV)

One hour has passed since Tim Ouellette and Misao Makimachi teamed up on their way to Kyoto. Before, they were very mysterious of each other, but now, if you looked at them, they could be considered a couple. Tim thought that through, for he had a crush on her in his world, and still does, but she loves Aoshi Shinomori. He frowned slightly and lowered his head.
For those who don't know, Aoshi Shinomori was the previous leader of ninjas, named the Oniwaban Group. During the incident with Shishio before, he had changed his ways and Misao took the role of leader. After everything was over, Aoshi had quit fighting and become a monk practically, living his life in peace and praying most of his time.
Misao looked over at Tim and frowned as well. "Hey, what's wrong Tim?" She leaned down to look at his face.
"Uhh...."Tim looked at her and smiled as best he could. "It's nothing."
"Are you sure? You look pretty down."
He softly laughs. "I'm always like this. It's nothing to worry about."
"You're saying no one has helped you with your depression?" She grunts. "Then that's all going to change today! I said the same thing to someone I know before. 'There is no reason to get down and depressed...." She smiles brightly. "....because you have to shine like the sun!"
Tim looked at her with a look of happiness. "Misao..."
She continues smiling, then it suddenly disappears as footsteps come from ahead. Both of them suddenly get ready to draw their weapons. A few moments later, a young boy around 12 it seemed, ran up to them, short of breathe.
Tim walked up to him. "Is something wrong?"
"Please...." He spoke through breaths. "My village....it's on fire!"
They both gasped. "Where is it?! Up ahead?!" asked Misao.
He nodded. "Just a few miles! Hurry, please!"
Tim and Misao look at each other and nod, then run off to where this boy leads them.
As they continued, Tim ran up to the boy's side. "You look exhausted. You want me to carry you the rest of the way?"
The boy nods. "Sure." He got behind Tim then was elevated onto his back. "It's only about two miles ahead! Please hurry!"
Tim looks to Misao. "Misao, be ready for everything! This might be a trap set up by Shishio!"
Misao gasped. "What are you talking about?! He's dead!"
"It's true," said the boy. "Our village being set on fire is our punishment for disobeying his orders."
"And what were they?" asked Tim curiously.
"It was to kill Tim Ouellette, the battousai, when we found him, but we refused."
Tim gritted his teeth, then Misao gasped and suddenly threw a kunai towards Tim, striking the tree near him. "Who are you?" she asked with a strict tone.
Tim backed away slightly. "Misao, what are you doing?"
"You're not telling me something! So tell me who you are!" She's gets out another kunai.
Tim looked at her with hurt. "Misao...."
"Tell me, dammit!!" She gets ready to throw it.
He continued looking at her, then sighed. "Once we help this young boy, I'll tell you everything. I promise."
"Hmphh...." She places the weapon back in her uniform.
"We should hurry!" yelled the boy.
Tim and Misao nodded and hurried on their way. Little did they know that someone had been watching them the whole time.
"Well, well, well....it seems everything is going according to plan." A young man comes out from behind the bushes, a smile on his face. "Lord Shishio will be glad to hear this."

----------------------------------------

Within five minutes, all three of them show up to a horrible sight. Every house was either charred or still burning. Some people on the ground were burnt slightly and alive, but some didn't make it. For the uninjured, water kept being rushed in by the bucketload from the stream just outside the village and thrown onto the flames.
Tim grind his teeth. "That no-good bastard....he'll pay for what he's done!"
Misao looked at him from behind and glared. "What connection does he have with him?" she said to herself. "To think he's alive after what Himura told us?"
"Misao!" yelled Tim.
She gasped slightly and walked to his side. "What is it?"
"Watch over him. I'm going to go help." He lowers him then runs off.
The boy watched him run and smiled. He looked to Misao. "Thanks for helping. You and your boyfriend will be honored as soon as all of this is over."
Misao blushed furiously. "Boyfriend?! Where did you get that idea?!"
The boy blinked. "Well....you two seem to have your moments from what I saw in the forest, but your friendship seems great."
Misao sighed with a smile. "I actually have someone already. He's someone I just happened to meet on my way to Kyoto."
"Oh, alright." The boy looked out at the village. "My name is Yoshi Fuharama. What's yours?"
"Misao Makimachi." She nods.

-------------------------------------

Within thirty minutes, the small village returned to a quiet place, but death and smoke still lingered. As Misao and Yoshi walk through the disaster area around them, sobs could be heard from Yoshi. Misao looks to him then places her arm around him.
"Did you lose someone dear to you?" she asked softly.
"Actually....I'm not sure yet. We're almost at the place where my house was." He points ahead. As they get closer, a man and a woman run towards him. "My parents!" He rushes for them and holds them tightly, crying.
Misao watches with a smile on her face, glad to be seeing some relief at a time like this. Someone approaches her from behind.
"Hey Misao." Tim walks up to her side with a smile.
"Hi Tim." Misao also gives him with a smile also. "It seems everything is calming down now, huh?"
Tim nods. "Yeah." He looks ahead. "It seems his parents are alright. Some good news at least, huh?"
"Yeah." She looked to him, still curious of who this boy really was.
In a moment, Yoshi walks up with his parents. "My parents would like to thank you two."
His father holds out his hand. "I'm very grateful to you two for coming to help us out. Thank you."
Tim shook it. "No problem sir. We just happened to be in the area, and also..." He clenched his hand into a fist.
"Hmm?" Misao looked at him.
"That bastard, Shishio...I hear he wants to see me and now he does something like this to piss me off! I'm sure he want's to get me angry so my power would be clouded." He looks to the three of them. "Don't worry. I'll kill him and get your revenge for what he's done here today." He bows.
"Sir, that is quite a lot to ask of you, but honestly, aren't you a little young to fight someone like him?"
Tim looked to him, then down. "I had no choice....I was forced to become what you see before you."
"Tim...." Misao's eyes turned a little saddening. She felt she could trust this boy, but....
"Misao?" Tim looks to her.
"What is it, Tim?" she asked.
"I want you to come with me. I'm sure he's waiting just beyond the village in the forest. There, you'll probably figure out the truth about me. I'm not sure if you'll like it or not, but I'm unaware as well. So...will you join me?"
Misao looked at him for a few moments before answering. "I will." She nods.
Tim smiles with a nod. "Thank you." He looks back to Yoshi and his parents. "Don't worry. We'll be okay...as long as I'm with Misao, everything will be as I wish it to be."
Misao gasped slightly. From what he just said....it was like he started liking her, but she giggled afterwards and shoved him playfully, blushing. "Oh Tim, stop it!"
He blinked. "Stop what?"
"Oh...." She looked away, still blushing red. "Nothing."
He blinked once again and smiled. "Well, we should be going then." He bows, as well as Misao, and they set off for the forest.
It was silent for a few minutes as they walked next to each other. As they did, Misao kept looking at him, both wondering who he really was and....if he had a crush on her. "You know.....Tim?" She looked down at his hand. "I already have someone in my life that I love, so..." She somehow couldn't finish.
"No, it's okay," he replied, still looking ahead. "I'm used to it. I've been a loner almost all my life. No one but my mother seems to care for me, for I have a drunk father."
"Oh....." She looked ahead. "Tim....I....."
"Hmm?" Tim looked at her. "What is it?"
She sighed lightly and went to hold his hand without him noticing, but suddenly....
"So....you've finally arrived, battousai." The voice echoed in the clearing that they were in.
Tim suddenly went on guard and got ready for battle. Misao did the same, placing her kunais between her fingers.
"So....you have that ninja wench with you it seems. Don't tell me you love her? She's just tricking you after all." He laughs.
"Shut the hell up!! Either you come out now, or I will hunt you down and end this right now!!"
He laughs again lightly. "You don't have the skills to fight me, not while she's with you."
Tim looked to Misao. "No...she's my support." He unsheathes his sword for the first time since he bought it back in Tokyo and looks around. "I'm not like Kenshin!"
Misao gasps. "He knows Himura?!" she said to herself.
"Very well then...." A moment later, the one that asked Tim to come and fight walked out from behind a giant tree in the area and into the clearing....
Makoto Shishio.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.