Loki v Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Priest
eh, wat ev.
Who wins?

llagrok
Which Loki?

Does he get his teleportation, dagger or reality warping?

Priest
Originally posted by llagrok
Which Loki?

Does he get his teleportation, dagger or reality warping?
Classic Version since current Superman is pretty stacked.

llagrok
Then Loki takes it.

Priest
I would agree ^
any other takers?

Zebedee
Is Loki as powerful in magic as the likes of Sathanus and Blaze. I would argue very similar. Supes has beaten them before.

Bad Ash231
Bah.

If Thor can take him, then so can Supes. 313dur

llagrok
Originally posted by Zebedee
Is Loki as powerful in magic as the likes of Sathanus and Blaze. I would argue very similar. Supes has beaten them before.

Superman also beat Darkseid.

How many wins would Superman take against Darkseid on KMC?

guy222
Originally posted by Priest
eh, wat ev.
Who wins?

Have a good weekend

Loki FTW

Barbarian Shams
Loki takes it no questions asked. Superman may be able to beat magical beings, that does not mean he is immune to the effects of magic, of which Loki has in huge amounts. There are a 1,001 ways for Loki to kill Superman via magic. Loki FTW 8/10.

quanchi112
are we guilty of underestimating superman here?

Big Sexy
I dont see Loki winning this. Maybe if he had prep but not a one on one.

quanchi112
its funny but in threads like these where i am in the minority and i feel supes wins here i dont here anyone calling me dc biased. but when i say a marvel character beats a dc one all i hear is your biased. why do u hate dc and demean their characters?

i always go for who i feel wins. remember that.

norrinradd43
Originally posted by Big Sexy
I dont see Loki winning this. Maybe if he had prep but not a one on one. Loki ALWAYS has prep

Acrosurge
Originally posted by norrinradd43
Loki ALWAYS has prep If Loki stays true to form, he'd likely have Superman fighting an illusion while he cooks up a particularly nasty spell.

gogogadgetgo
loki would take the majority. though he does lose to thor more often but thor has no magic weakness while superman does.

llagrok
Thor would normally lose to Loki, but Loki's CIS is worse than Thor's.

Sarutobi700
Loki destroys Supes with relative ease

Avlon
Superman wins about as often as Thor does.

llagrok
Most recent version of Loki would win, as Thor had to become RKT in order to beat him :/

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Avlon
Superman wins about as often as Thor does.

...because Superman's fought Loki as often as Thor has and knows Loki.

Loki takes the majority. Guy stalemated Surfer before and kicked Thor Corps around when he fought with his head. Supes? Doesn't know the guy and doesn't have mad on hate like he does Thor, he isn't going fight stupid.

Galan007
How many wins would Superman take against Darkseid on KMC? 10/10. ermm

Soljer
Superman also beat Darkseid.

How many wins would Superman take against Darkseid on KMC?

A few.

Avlon
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
...because Superman's fought Loki as often as Thor has and knows Loki.

Loki takes the majority. Guy stalemated Surfer before and kicked Thor Corps around when he fought with his head. Supes? Doesn't know the guy and doesn't have mad on hate like he does Thor, he isn't going fight stupid.

...and Loki hasn't fought Superman either.

Magic based opponents are nothing new to the man of steel..and Thor really isn't any more immune to magic that Supes is.

Soljer
Indeed.

I was praying someone would bring up Superman's glaring weakness to magic.

So that someone else would bring up the last two and a half dozen magical creatures that Superman's fought. And destroyed.

Priest
and Thor really isn't any more immune to magic that Supes is.
what?
Thor is dripping with Magic, and Superman isn't. Even if superman had no weakness to magic, Thor would still have more resistance to it because of his godly attributes.

Dreamcatcher
what?
Thor is dripping with Magic, and Superman isn't. Even if superman had no weakness to magic, Thor would still have more resistance to it because of his godly attributes.

Exactly.

Avlon
what?
Thor is dripping with Magic, and Superman isn't. Even if superman had no weakness to magic,

His hammer is, but we've already seen Superman takes blasts from it and catch it with one hand.

Thor would still have more resistance to it because of his godly attributes.

Prove your case on this.

llagrok
No one below sub-skyfather stands a chance against a high-level magic user like Loki without resistance to it.

His hammer is, but we've already seen Superman takes blasts from it and catch it with one hand.

lmao

Without any form of magic resistance, Loki could just wave his hand at Superman.

Avlon
Without any form of magic resistance, Loki could just wave his hand at Superman.

Even high end magic users have never had an easy time with Supes.
And he's been actively training with Zatanna...he's no longer as ignorant to magic as he once was.

Harry Fingerman
Uh...
Anyway, Surfer easily overpowered Loki, and I believe it was after the sonic shark.

Also, the JLA/Avengers is a horrible example, unless Wonderman can pretty much overpower Kyle's shields. I also think Iron Man was handing it to The General, or someone like that.
The Thor/Loki fights are also bad evidence, unless anyone can show Superman stealing someone's soul, and shinanigans like that.

Loki loses.
Don't get me wrong, Loki has the power to beat Superman, but it's more often than not, he loses.

Validus
I think Superman's upcoming fight with Arion should be a good judge on how he deals with magic. It'll probably be the most definitive showing yet.

guy222
loki

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by The Boss
I think Superman's upcoming fight with Arion should be a good judge on how he deals with magic. It'll probably be the most definitive showing yet.

Had Arion had his full power and Superman won that fight, then he'd take Loki 10/10 easily.

Unfortunately, Arion was signifigantly depowered due to the new age of magic. BUT! Superman shrugged off some pretty damn impressive attacks and even speedblitzed Arion mid-spell and took all his magic knick-knacks.

It depends on how smart Loki fights, and whether Supes goes for the jugular.

I actually think he loses this one if Loki is smart. Barring bloodlust, I can see him underestimating Loki's durability and not finishing him off fast enough.

llagrok
Classic Loki had mad reality warping ;D

tkitna
Loki

Thors magical in nature also, so the comparison really doesnt work here.

Endrict Nuul
Loki should take this....

leonidas
superman more often than not.

Avlon
Originally posted by tkitna
Loki

Thors magical in nature also, so the comparison really doesnt work here.

Superman's shown better durability to magic than some magic beings.
Thor has been turned to a frog with a spell. He isn't immune to magic.

Silent Master
Superman's shown better durability to magic than some magic beings.
Thor has been turned to a frog with a spell. He isn't immune to magic.

Loki needed Surtur's sword as a power source in order to do that.

Bouboumaster
Loki

zeel

Prove your case on this.

Cathcing the hammer with his hand was piss poor writing and you know it.

I have seen issues with captian marvel blocking magical attacks on supes knowing supes would habe been injured, surely thors hammer would have at least injured him.

supes beating thor or thor beating supes i have no problem with either.

But supes catching thors hammer.

Rediculous.

Silent Master
Ahhh...not that I think crossovers should count but, the first time Superman was hit by Mjolnir he was sent flying into a building while bleeding, the second time he was sent flying through trees and was on his back for several panels.

BTW, his catch happened after Thor waded through a rather large HV blast so neither of them was very fresh.

Avlon
Originally posted by zeel
Cathcing the hammer with his hand was piss poor writing and you know it.

This from a guy who goes into Superman's respect thread to complain.

I have seen issues with captian marvel blocking magical attacks on supes knowing supes would habe been injured, surely thors hammer would have at least injured him.

Well, he did get Supes to bleed from the mouth with his sucker punch still hammer toss. I've seen things like Thor having trouble holding up a building or being ko'd by a shotgun shell in the past.

supes beating thor or thor beating supes i have no problem with either.

This seems to contradict former statements from you.

But supes catching thors hammer.

Rediculous.

Almost as ridiculous as Superman not using Superspeed, full strength, or his pletora of other abilities.

The fight sucked...but they were trying to fit in as much as they could into the book.

Silent Master
Well, he did get Supes to bleed from the mouth with his sucker punch still hammer toss.

Thor was swinging around a glowing hammer and yelling at them while the sky was darkening and lightning flashed overhead, how exactly was that a sucker shot?

I've seen things like Superman having trouble with the Daily Planet globe and get hurt by things like an exploding gas station and electric cables.

BTW, it's wasn't a shotgun shell, it was a sniper bullet that the writer later confirmed wasn't supposed to be fired from a BAKG(big ass Kirby gun), I believe the writer also admitted to not knowing anything about Thor.

Avlon
Originally posted by Silent Master
Thor was swinging around a glowing hammer and yelling at them while the sky was darkening and lightning flashed overhead, how exactly was that a sucker shot?

Perhaps because he wasn't dealing with Thor at the time?
Not that it matters..he was up a moment later with no damage.

I've seen things like Superman having trouble with the Daily Planet globe and get hurt by things like an exploding gas station and electric cables.

Still isn't as bad as a brick wall and a bullet.

BTW, it's wasn't a shotgun shell, it was a sniper bullet that the writer later confirmed wasn't supposed to be fired from a BAKG(big ass Kirby gun), I believe the writer also admitted to not knowing anything about Thor.

It still happened and it's canon. Both characters have their high's and lows. I just don't see as Thor having much better resistance to magic than Supes.

Silent Master
Perhaps because he wasn't dealing with Thor at the time?
Not that it matters..he was up a moment later with no damage.

The were confronting the Avenergs at the time and no, Superman wasn't up in a moment without damage

Again, Loki needed Surtur's sword as a power source in order to effect Thor.

Avlon
The were confronting the Avenergs at the time and no, Superman wasn't up in a moment without damage

Funny..it says a moment here twice...and Superman is just fine...

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4452/jlavengers3iwde4.th.jpg

Again, Loki needed Surtur's sword as a power source in order to effect Thor.

I'm speaking of Sersi...and she didn't need Surtur's sword...

occultdestroyer
Loki

Silent Master
Funny..it says a moment here twice...and Superman is just fine...

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4452/jlavengers3iwde4.th.jpg

That was issue two and they obviously have interesting definition of a moment seeing as he was out for the entire last page of issue#1, a page that had multiple panels, in fact Superman wasn't even up by the time the fight started.

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/99d08f8a2b.jpg

Sersi is an Eternal, she doesn't use magic, she manipulates cosmic energy

Newjak
You guys do know in the same comic book you are quoting. Thor took a punch from both Superman, and Martian Manhunter at the same time and was up in the next scene no expression
You guys do also know in the comic book you are guys are quoting things like Wonder Man beating Green Lantern took place right. no expression

Never
Um...Loki's a God with a mastery of magic that exceeds Dr. Strange's. Loki manipulates dimensions. Superman couldn't do squat with the magical being Lkz from the 5th dimension, for example. He can manipulate matter magically. He can turn clouds into dragons. He can create a magical force field strong enough to withstand Mjolnir.

How did this get to 3 pages?

Avlon
That was issue two and they obviously have interesting definition of a moment seeing as he was out for the entire last page of issue#1, a page that had multiple panels, in fact Superman wasn't even up by the time the fight started.

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/99d08f8a2b.jpg

LOL. They just showed a few different scenes. The time frame AS PER IN THE COMIC ITSELF says a MOMENT.

Sersi is an Eternal, she doesn't use magic, she manipulates cosmic energy

I've heard both, though the Marvel database does say cosmic energy..I'm not sure if that is better for Thors case though.

Silent Master
LOL. They just showed a few different scenes. The time frame AS PER IN THE COMIC ITSELF says a MOMENT.

Actually seeing as a moment isn't a specific measure of time, I withdraw my objection that he wasn't up in a moment, I"ll just point out that he wasn't up for at least an entire page and that the fight started while he was still down.

She is the best at matter transmutation of her entire race.

Avlon
Actually seeing as a moment isn't a specific measure of time, I withdraw my objection that he wasn't up in a moment, I"ll just point out that he wasn't up for at least an entire page and that the fight started while he was still down.

That's fine, a moment is a very short period of time. The comic stated it twice, and it is just a small example of Superman's resistance to magic. My original point still stands, neither Supes nor Thor are immune to it, but I would put them at similar levels of immunity to it. Both have resisted skyfather level magic when needed.

The whole incident with Disciple is a great showing for Superman vs magic vs his peers. That plus Supes resistance has been getting better...he's understanding magic a lot more than he used to. He still dislikes dealing with it though.

Silent Master
Actually, IIRC Kurt was asked about that on the DC board, he said that he didn't take magic into consideration when he wrote that scene.

Ouallada
When did Sersi transmure Thor? I can't remember any such incident. The only one I recall is the mentioned one with Loki/Thor, which required Surtur's sword, and was incidentally a horrific story arc.

Silent Master
Actually, IIRC Kurt was asked about that on the DC board, he said that he didn't take magic into consideration when he wrote that scene.

However even if he did take magic into account, the hit did take Superman out of the fight for a bit, plus the hit did cause him to bleed.

BTW, after he does get back up, he and MM both hit Thor who responds with a lightning strike that we see knock MM into a building, however Superman isn't seen again until the fight is over, so what exactly was he doing while Thor moved on to fighting Wonder Woman?

Avlon
However even if he did take magic into account, the hit did take Superman out of the fight for a bit, plus the hit did cause him to bleed.

BTW, after he does get back up, he and MM both hit Thor who responds with a lightning strike that we see knock MM into a building, however Superman isn't seen again until the fight is over, so what exactly was he doing while Thor moved on to fighting Wonder Woman?

It was still as blindside attack and it still took him a moment to recover. In a straight up battle (which did suck as far a battles go) Supes won.

Characters appeared and disappeared throughout that whole series. That I don't stress since they basically tried to cram everyone they could into the book.

Silent Master
It wasn't a blindside attack and characters didn't start appearing and disappearing until later in the story.

Newjak
Originally posted by Newjak
You guys do know in the same comic book you are quoting. Thor took a punch from both Superman, and Martian Manhunter at the same time and was up in the next scene no expression
You guys do also know in the comic book you are guys are quoting things like Wonder Man beating Green Lantern took place right. no expression

Avlon
It wasn't a blindside attack and characters didn't start appearing and disappearing until later in the story.

Superman and Thor weren't engaging in anything. Thor attacked while Supes wasn't paying attention to him.

That is a blindside attack.

As for the changes in scenes that you speak about, they don't really mean much other than we see what other characters are doing. The cast in that series was insane.

Silent Master
The only way for it to have been a blindside attack would be if Superman were both blind and deaf.

ultimatethor
Loki wins. He is magically on Dr stranges level and has at times been portrayed as his superior. End of story

Ouallada
When did Sersi transmute Thor?

batdude123
Superman

RSSR
Originally posted by Never
Um...Loki's a God with a mastery of magic that exceeds Dr. Strange's. Loki manipulates dimensions. Superman couldn't do squat with the magical being Lkz from the 5th dimension, for example. He can manipulate matter magically. He can turn clouds into dragons. He can create a magical force field strong enough to withstand Mjolnir.

How did this get to 3 pages?

Holy shit! Never's back! Never's back! Never's back!

Best poster in the history of KMC Comic Versus Forum.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.