Captain America versus Deathstroke (Unarmed combat)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
They fight in an empty warehouse. They have no weapons or equipment.

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/2000/1442/162836-captain-america_400.jpg vs http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/4000/3588/166255-deathstroke_400.jpg

Caps Conscience
Got to go with Cap. But it would be hell of fight. The Winner is going to wish he had died at the end of that fight.

guy222
Originally posted by masterbruce

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/2000/1442/162836-captain-america_400.jpg vs http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/4000/3588/166255-deathstroke_400.jpg

cap ftw

Bad Ash231
Deathstroke. no expression

CaptainStoic
I always wanted to see these two get at each other. Too bad Deathstroke is a baddy because if he was on the JLA this fight may have taken place.

Daredevil1
Cap 6/10

But for a very close fight IMO.

TricksterPriest
Deathstroke. His showings put him over cap, not to mention he's faster, stronger, smarter, and has a mean healing factor. And he's got his own jobber aura. stick out tongue

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Deathstroke. His showings put him over cap, not to mention he's faster, stronger, smarter, and has a mean healing factor. And he's got his own jobber aura. stick out tongue

Cap is the face of marvel please shut up. now.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
Cap is the face of marvel please shut up. now.

And Deathstroke has beaten the Teen Titans, the JLA, every Flash up to this point, etc.

Deathstroke's jobber aura is pretty close to Cap's.

2nd, he really is stronger, faster, etc.

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by masterbruce
Why don't they have arms for this fight, again?

Caps Conscience
And Deathstroke has beaten the Teen Titans, the JLA, every Flash up to this point, etc.

Close but no Cigar....This is a man that has KOed the Hulk.....

Cap is has betther training and a bigger fan base Cap would win on pannel plane and simple. Slade is Cap without the dignity and heart. Do yo know how sick Cap would be with a DC power up????????????????????????

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
Why don't they have arms for this fight, again?

Slade would win too easily.

Erik-Lensherr
Deathstroke would completly destroy him .

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Deathstroke would completly destroy him .

You will never see it on panel. Cap would win.

Daredevil1
Deathstroke would completly destroy him . While Cap was suffering from the SSS deteriorating him and Slade sneak attacked him.

Fixed it for you stick out tongue smile

Kurash
like captain america would lose a fist fight

JasonK4
Cap wins

Erik-Lensherr
I can't belive some people are actually saying Cap takes Deathstroke in a hand to hand fight .

JasonK4
I can't belive some people are actually saying Cap takes Deathstroke in a hand to hand fight .
That's because he can take DS in h2h. no expression

Erik-Lensherr
Actually he can't .

Battlehammer
doubt it. Deathstroke is better in speed and reflex by such a small margin if any.

he also completely out classed fighting skill wised by capt

Bad Ash231

He also has a healing factor. ermm

Battlehammer
.........ya that has sucked in every arc but one lol

godking
Deathstroke

To good a fighter with too many physical advantages.

Battlehammer
............even though capts a better fighter........and deathstroke only real advantage is strength.............

supremthor
Originally posted by Battlehammer
............even though capts a better fighter........and deathstroke only real advantage is strength.............
so does hulk and it gets him fare in kmc vs

Battlehammer
.........hulk also has a massive amount of strength durability and healing.........none of which deathstroke somes close to.........

Erik-Lensherr
It's obvious that you don't really know much about Deathstroke smile

Battlehammer
..........or maybe I know a lot more then you do?

Erik-Lensherr
You don't . Otherwise you wouldn't say Cap would beat Deathstroke in hand to hand .

Battlehammer
did I say capt wins? nope

you obviously know pritty dam little becuase you actaully think deathstroke takes logan in melee combat lol

Harry Fingerman
It's obvious that you don't really know much about Deathstroke smile Sir, are you implying that Deathstroke is close to Huc in strength, and durability?

That's so brong, it's branright brantarded.

Also, Cap took down Huc, and didn't he get the upper hand against Spider-Man?
Speed, reflexes, strength...

Hell, didn't Deathstroke get kicked around by Nightwing?

JasonK4
Sir, are you implying that Deathstroke is close to Huc in strength, and durability?

That's so brong, it's branright brantarded.

Also, Cap took down Huc, and didn't he get the upper hand against Spider-Man?
Speed, reflexes, strength...

Hell, didn't Deathstroke get kicked around by Nightwing?
good broint !

Erik-Lensherr
Even a blind me can see that you implied it

laughing

Deathstroke would own both Cap and Wolverine in hand to hand

JasonK4
Even a blind me can see that you implied it

laughing

Deathstroke would own both Cap and Wolverine in hand to hand
laughing no he wouldn't.

Erik-Lensherr
Where exactly did I imply that ?

Obviously

Did I read correctly ? You're using Cap taking down Hulk as evidence ? eek!

Go read up on Deathstroke and then we'll talk

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by JasonK4
laughing no he wouldn't.

thumb down

JasonK4
thumb down
thumb up

Erik-Lensherr
thumb up thumb down

JasonK4
thumb down
thumb up

Erik-Lensherr
thumb up thumb down

no expression

JasonK4
thumb down

no expression
thumb up

none180

Harry Fingerman
Where exactly did I imply that ? Originally posted by Battlehammer
.........hulk also has a massive amount of strength durability and healing.........none of which deathstroke somes close to......... Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
It's obvious that you don't really know much about Deathstroke smile

Did I read correctly ? You're using Cap taking down Hulk as evidence ? eek! Well, if you're trying to compare Cockstroke to Huc...

Go read up on Deathstroke and then we'll talk Sorry, but it seems you jumped around the question, by trying to undermine me.
Don't quote something, if you're not going to answer it, or irrelevantly say a completely different thing.

So anyway... simple question... simple yes, or no question.

Did Deathstroke, or did Deathstroke not get kicked around by Nightwing?

Plus, a question like mine, had bransolutely nothing to do with my knowledge on Slade. smile

godking
............even though capts a better fighter........and deathstroke only real advantage is strength............. Cqp is not that much of a better fighter that it will make a difference.

Erik-Lensherr
Well, if you're trying to compare Cockstroke to Huc...

Sorry, but it seems you jumped around the question, by trying to undermine me.
Don't quote something, if you're not going to answer it, or irrelevantly say a completely different thing.

So anyway... simple question... simple yes, or no question.

Did Deathstroke, or did Deathstroke not get kicked around by Nightwing?

Plus, a question like mine, had bransolutely nothing to do with my knowledge on Slade. smile

Who says I was replying to that post ? Did I quote something specifically ? No . Did you just pulled that out of nowhere ? Yes .
I was replying after reading some of his posts regarding the comparison between Cap and Deathstroke .

thumb down

As for the Nightwing issue , what fight are you reffering ? The one where Nightwing flat out states that Deathstroke can kill him without breaking a sweat ? Or I hope you're not even implying that Nightwing is at the same level with Deathstroke . Because that certainly seems what you're trying to do .

Deathstroke is superior to Cap in pretty much almost every way .

nvrbeenwthagirl
There is no way Captain America would beat Deathstroke In hand to hand. DS is faster, stronger, quicker reflexes, smarter.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
He also has a healing factor. ermm

Cap also heals fast.

Daredevil1
Captain America would defeat Deathstroke. Stats are too close with Cap being more skilled IMO.

stick out tongue cool smile

Daredevil1

Actually if you look at there "majority" of strength feats, DS doesn't even have any superior advantages in stats.

Grinning Goku
I'd give it to Cap via KO.

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Daredevil1
Cap also heals fast.

Not from bullets...

masterbruce
Not from bullets...

there are no guns in this fight though

Soljer
Not from bullets...

Actually, he's healed from flatlining after being shot in the head before.

smile.

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Soljer
Actually, he's healed from flatlining after being shot in the head before.

smile.

So, what happened here?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/Capdeath.png

Soljer
So, what happened here?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/Capdeath.png

He got shot four or five times, and the writers simply forgot that he's taken well over half a dozen bullets in the past, without even slowing down. smile.

Daredevil1
Also in the next issue Spiderman commented that Shield had Cap in "Strength Dampeners". So it makes sense why Cap died as well.

Spiderman stated it must have taken everything for Cap just to walk in those. Parker talks from experience with Shield.

Soljer
Originally posted by Daredevil1
Also in the next issue Spiderman commented that Shield had Cap in "Strength Dampeners". So it makes sense why Cap died as well.

Spiderman stated it must have taken everything for Cap just to walk in those. Parker talks from experience with Shield.

Which issue number, if you're aware?

Also; would strength dampeners also reduce his rate of healing?

Grifter07
doubt it. Deathstroke is better in speed and reflex by such a small margin if any.

he also completely out classed fighting skill wised by capt DS is closer to Wolverine than he is to Cap.

Soljer
Originally posted by Grifter07
DS is closer to Wolverine than he is to Cap.

Funny, because Wolverine and Captain America are, give or take, equals when it comes to physical statistics. smile.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by Soljer
Which issue number, if you're aware?

Also; would strength dampeners also reduce his rate of healing?

Not sure on the specifics on strength dampeners it was the next issue after Cap's death.

Cap v5 #26.

Daredevil1
Here's the quote

Spiderman: With those strength dampneing restraints shield had him in, it was probably taking all he had just to walk up those stairs.

But he hadn't lost anything, he was still a hero right to the end.

Alfheim
I think Cap wins. 6/10

Burning thought
if hes a true american eat a few burgers, laugh and taunt Deathstroke who then starts beating him the ground

Daredevil1
That thumbs down/thumbs up debate always makes me laugh.

Master-Borg
I'm feeling DS on this one

Lord_Dagoth
Captain America.

Dum Dum Dugan
Capt all day, he simply the better fighter.

Uriel005
Cap hasn't been peak human for a long time now for on panel feats and when people bring up handbook stats I call BS and say look at what he does in the comics... he's pushed 60 mph and straight up lifted several vehicles and fought with bricks in pure h2h. DS is impressive but as I've said before in his big fights he relies more on prep and intelligence than the actual physical aspect of the fight to win. Cap comes straight up and knows that no matter what it is he is going to win in the long run or at the very least going to put up the best fight he can, Slade would tend to shy away from fights he might lose so he can plan for how he will deal with the new players. Also in terms of heart he has Slade hands down. One does not walk up to Thanos and essentially spit in his face especially when you are only peak human and not have the guts to simply win on willpower against someone like Slade

tideoftime
Captain America, without a doubt. Slade can definitely get some wins, don't get me wrong, but Steve's got 6/10, solid.

Now... will Steve likely wish he were *dead* afterwards, and feel like shit? Definitely. But he'll win more often than not, in the end.

Deadline
Cap.

-Pr-
DS. Steve is at a disadvantage imo.

Omega Vision
Deathstroke.

CosmicComet
Cap.

Not easily, but definitively. Especially without prep.

Deadline
Cap manged to get around Wolverine's HF and Wolverine is more dangerous than DS. Cap for the win.

Marvelknight
In this fight I truly feel that Steve will have more people who will vote for him than Slade. Because Cap to me, has a larger fan base. I myself love both of them and I can see both beating each other. But Slade is stronger and faster. And as someone pointed out, Slade does relies on his mind to win battles in the end of the day. But in no way does it mean he has less heart than Stave or that he can't rely on his physical abilities to win. That statement alone just doesn't make any sense to me. If Slade had TP (which he does not), I could see how one can say that. But It is Slade's physical abilities backed by his great mind that gets him through battles. Not the mind alone. Steve may be a better fighter or he may not. Who's to say for sure. But I for one don't see Steve doing what Slade has done against the JLA, Teen Titans etc prep or no prep. Slade is more dangerous and he will kill before Captain America would even consider it. That means a lot in a fight, because it shows just what and how far one will go to win. As Slade once said to Bruce "You've train to fight. I've train to kill".

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by Marvelknight
In this fight I truly feel that Steve will have more people who will vote for him than Slade. Because Cap to me, has a larger fan base. I myself love both of them and I can see both beating each other. But Slade is stronger and faster. And as someone pointed out, Slade does relies on his mind to win battles in the end of the day. But in no way does it mean he has less heart than Stave or that he can't rely on his physical abilities to win. That statement alone just doesn't make any sense to me. If Slade had TP (which he does not), I could see how one can say that. But It is Slade's physical abilities backed by his great mind that gets him through battles. Not the mind alone. Steve may be a better fighter or he may not. Who's to say for sure. But I for one don't see Steve doing what Slade has done against the JLA, Teen Titans etc prep or no prep. Slade is more dangerous and he will kill before Captain America would even consider it. That means a lot in a fight, because it shows just what and how far one will go to win. As Slade once said to Bruce "You've train to fight. I've train to kill".

Cap is the ultimate Soldier, dude. I don't think Cap would hesitate to peel Slades scalp if it came to it.

Marvelknight
Cap is the ultimate Soldier, dude. I don't think Cap would hesitate to peel Slades scalp if it came to it.

Has Steve killed before? It don't seem like him to rely on killing to get the job done. In Civil War, he rocked Punisher for doing so. And I don't recall him ever using firearms. I could be wrong. But it would seem uncharacteristic of him.

Badabing
Slade wins this handily.

The Nuul
Just kicking only since they have no arms?

Silent Master
Has Steve killed before? It don't seem like him to rely on killing to get the job done. In Civil War, he rocked Punisher for doing so. And I don't recall him ever using firearms. I could be wrong. But it would seem uncharacteristic of him.

He's killed the Red Skull, Baron Blood and at least two terrorists.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by Silent Master
He's killed the Red Skull, Baron Blood and at least two terrorists.

Ok, I didn't read it. But I guest he had no other way. They are all very evil people after all. But killing for him is not the norm. That I know for sure.

Silent Master
True, IIRC both terrorists were about to detonate bombs and the Red Skull had the cosmic cube at the time.

Deadline
And I don't recall him ever using firearms. I could be wrong. But it would seem uncharacteristic of him.

It also states in his bio he used firearms in WW 2.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Deadline
It also states in his bio he used firearms in WW 2.

Even better - he said it himself when he first encountered the Punisher.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by -Pr-
DS. Steve is at a disadvantage imo.
based on what? what disadvantage would this be?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
based on what? what disadvantage would this be?

steve is going up against someone that's the closest thing he has to competition when it comes to tactical thinking. add in ds' speed, and steve's lack of shield, and i worry for him.

Dum Dum Dugan
why is capt at a disvantage? Speed should no be a problem at all capt is well within slades speed league and is signifcantly more skilled. He also stronger then slade as well.

also why worry for steve? S;ade losing a lot more and relies a lot more on his equipment then capt. If anything going h2h is a huge disadvantage to slade not capt.

In fact I think Slade lose a large majority here, but in an all out standard equiptment fight, I see slade doing much better possibly even winning.

Dum Dum Dugan
now if this is bucky capt he in trouble, slade superior stats would be to much.

-Pr-
why is capt at a disvantage? Speed should no be a problem at all capt is well within slades speed league and is signifcantly more skilled. He also stronger then slade as well.

also why worry for steve? S;ade losing a lot more and relies a lot more on his equipment then capt. If anything going h2h is a huge disadvantage to slade not capt.

i believe pretty much the opposite of everything you just said.

at the very least i disagree.

Dum Dum Dugan
i believe pretty much the opposite of everything you just said.

at the very least i disagree.
why do you disagree, can we have reason? I mean capt melee oriented fighter, always was, always will be. He utlizies h2h fighting regualrly. Slade though fights melee, he also utlizes array of weapons from melee to long range. Him having them taken away would be far bigger disadvantage to him then capt who only uses a single weapons. Who has also many times in his career handle just fine with out his shield.

You think slade more skilled then capt?

You dont believe capt in slades speed league?

You think slades stronger then capt?

please eleberate, have a feeling you might have slade physically on a level he not based of inaccurate non cannon myths that float around the boards about slade based on some sketchness done by longpig.

-Pr-
why do you disagree, can we have reason? I mean capt melee oriented fighter, always was, always will be. He utlizies h2h fighting regualrly. Slade though fights melee, he also utlizes array of weapons from melee to long range. Him having them taken away would be far bigger disadvantage to him then capt who only uses a single weapons. Who has also many times in his career handle just fine with out his shield.

You think slade more skilled then capt?

You dont believe capt in slades speed league?

You think slades stronger then capt?

please eleberate, have a feeling you might have slade physically on a level he not based of inaccurate non cannon myths that float around the boards about slade based on some sketchness done by longpig.

slade uses weaponry by choice, as he regularly fights people that use either weapons themselves or have powers. he's not put out by not having weaponry, and even if he was, it would be no more than cap is by losing his shield, imo.

cap could be argued to have an advantage in skill, but i would still see slade as being quicker, especially mentally.

don't have feelings. seriously.

Dum Dum Dugan
slade uses weaponry by choice, as he regularly fights people that use either weapons themselves or have powers. he's not put out by not having weaponry, and even if he was, it would be no more than cap is by losing his shield, imo.

cap could be argued to have an advantage in skill, but i would still see slade as being quicker, especially mentally.

don't have feelings. seriously.
Yes and he relies on them, when have you seen him going h2h with superhuman opponets no weapons? no many times if ever. Capt on the other hand has gone h2h against usperhuman opponents and many other many times. He also relies on his fighting skills to get him through fights. slade relies a lot on weapondry, having weaposn capable of damaging class 100's. Though Slade would still be formiable with out them to pretend capt would be more at a disavantages then slade is laughing. Especicially if we consider the characters historys and ecomplishments in h2h

Capt does have an advantage and I gladly argue it. Capt also has an enhanced mind so, I say that be a no.

k

-Pr-
Yes and he relies on them, when have you seen him going h2h with superhuman opponets no weapons? no many times if ever. Capt on the other hand has gone h2h against usperhuman opponents and many other many times. He also relies on his fighting skills to get him through fights. slade relies a lot on weapondry, having weaposn capable of damaging class 100's. Though Slade would still be formiable with out them to pretend capt would be more at a disavantages then slade is laughing. Especicially if we consider the characters historys and ecomplishments in h2h

Capt does have an advantage and I gladly argue it. Capt also has an enhanced mind so, I say that be a no.

k

using something and relying on it are two very different things. i don't agree with the assumption that using them means he relies on them in the slighest.

slade's accomplishments include putting down people like Flash, Zatanna, Superman, fighting Black Canary and Green Arrow at the same time, leading earth's heroes against an alien invasion, etc. His accomplishments are fine.

Starscream M

slade's accomplishments include putting down people like Flash, Zatanna, Superman oh come on, seriously? seriously, Pr? erm

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
oh come on, seriously? seriously, Pr? erm

what? seriously, what?

Starscream M
what? seriously, what? you're really gonna use PIS events as support?

jalek moye
using something and relying on it are two very different things. i don't agree with the assumption that using them means he relies on them in the slighest.

slade's accomplishments include putting down people like Flash, Zatanna, Superman, fighting Black Canary and Green Arrow at the same time, leading earth's heroes against an alien invasion, etc. His accomplishments are fine.

Wait what? Are you of all people saying Slade taking down superman in h2h isn't pis? assuming he even did this

because the accomplishments in question are about no weapons

Juk3n

slade's accomplishments include putting down people like Flash, Zatanna, Superman,

Context please.

Cap pwnt Namors
Cap Downed Hulk
Cap pwnt Spidey

but i'll do the board a favour and not try and argue this is anywhere near approaching the norm sav pwning spiderman.

So ..context for your above examples..if you will

Black bolt z
Cap

/thread

-Pr-
you're really gonna use PIS events as support?

prep and outsmarting =/= pis.

Originally posted by jalek moye
Wait what? Are you of all people saying Slade taking down superman in h2h isn't pis? assuming he even did this

i wasn't talking about him taking him down in h2h.

Originally posted by Juk3n
Context please.

Cap pwnt Namors
Cap Downed Hulk
Cap pwnt Spidey

but i'll do the board a favour and not try and argue this is anywhere near approaching the norm sav pwning spiderman.

So ..context for your above examples..if you will

identity crisis and the latter issues of green arrow's pre-wedding volume.

and i never said nor argued that it was the norm. people are getting WAY too excited.

Lord_Talron
cmon guys get your heads out of your asses, slade wins this.

Starscream M
prep and outsmarting =/= pis.
but why bring up prep? this is an unarmed h2h fight in an empty warehouse confused

Badabing
This thread is getting way to much negative, emo posting. emo

I also find it funny/sad that people will bring up the high feats for one character which are well above any consistent norms but call the high feats of another character PIS. durpalm

The Nuul
And its not even a Superman vs Hulk thread. Oh right its still DC vs Marvel where DC gets either low balled or PIS claims. But it cant happen to Marvel.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by jalek moye

He used a multi-million dollar flash bomb IIRC to temporarily take down Superman. It was in the Wedding Special.

-Pr-
but why bring up prep? this is an unarmed h2h fight in an empty warehouse confused

you missed the point.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
cmon guys get your heads out of your asses, slade wins this.

Wins by losing many times. Maybe in the twilight zone universe that counts as a win.

Steve wins.

Uriel005
Average showings between the two in hand to hand Cap takes this.

Dum Dum Dugan

But you assume it will effect capt?

accomplishments include putting down people like Flash, Zatanna, Superman, fighting Black Canary and Green Arrow at the same time, leading earth's heroes against an alien invasion, etc. His accomplishments are fine.
He did this in streakly h2h ? becuase that was what I was refferring to.

killermover
Cap is the face of marvel please shut up. now. No thats spidey.

Deadline

slade's accomplishments include putting down people like Flash, Zatanna, Superman, fighting Black Canary and Green Arrow at the same time,

Which was CIS because they attacked him one at a time, see how Dr Light was attacked in the same series. Dr Light was rushed Slade wasn't (till the end).

Omega Vision
Which was CIS because they attacked him one at a time, see how Dr Light was attacked in the same series. Dr Light was rushed Slade wasn't (till the end).
They didn't "attack him one at a time". After taking out Flash and Ralph Dibny he divided and conquered.

Deadline
Originally posted by Omega Vision
They didn't "attack him one at a time". After taking out Flash and Ralph Dibny he divided and conquered.

Semantics. You really expect me to believe that all the other heroes couldn't have rushed him all at once the whole time? How comes they were able to do it to Dr Light (no hes not MA but in his own way he's just as dangerous)?

He didn't divide a god damn thing.

Omega Vision
Semantics. You really expect me to believe that all the other heroes couldn't have rushed him all at once the whole time? How comes they were able to do it to Dr Light (no hes not MA but in his own way he's just as dangerous)?

He didn't divide a god damn thing.
Well Flash tried to blitz him right off the bat and failed.

Green Arrow doesn't rush people, he's an archer. Zatanna and BC both got blitzed.

Deadline

Yea the others couldn't have rushed him there cos there was stuff in the way.

Green Arrow doesn't rush people, he's an archer.

Thats funny because thats what he did later on in the fight.

Zatanna and BC both got blitzed.

and what was Zatanna, Atom and Kyle doing while DS was fighting Green Arrow and BC? You're telling that they're that slow?

Ahem.

How comes they were able to do it to Dr Light (no hes not MA but in his own way he's just as dangerous)?

-Pr-
But you assume it will effect capt?

He did this in streakly h2h ? becuase that was what I was refferring to.

where did i say it would affect him?

i didn't know you meant strictly h2h.

they didn't attack him one at a time. at all. he actually moved too fast and took down each one systematically. they didn't even get the chance to attack him (bar flash).

Starscream M

that doesn't mean it isn't PIS

-Pr-
that doesn't mean it isn't PIS

you'd have to prove that it is, though.

Juk3n
you'd have to prove that it is, though.

If DS tagging Flash is the norm, than this is a spite thread, if it's NOT the norm, than it's a PIS event it can't be both.

The Nuul
If DS tagging Flash is the norm, than this is a spite thread, if it's NOT the norm, than it's a PIS event it can't be both.

thumb up

Daredevil1

Since Slade has problems from the likes of Batman, Cass, Nightwing, Robin and Connor. Its PIS with a hint of prep/anticipation.

Even Batman has some nice feats against the speedsters of DC but that doesn't mean squat either against his fights with Slade and others.

-Pr-

who said it was the norm?

The Nuul
But DS does need some prep. If its just a random fight theres no way Slade is beating Flash etc...

-Pr-
Originally posted by The Nuul
But DS does need some prep. If its just a random fight theres no way Slade is beating Flash etc...

obviously. nobody is disputing that.

The Nuul
But on the flip side, Cap has KOed people that he shouldnt be able too with no prep = PIS.

Starscream M
obviously. nobody is disputing that. but this is not a prep battle...so how is any of his showings where he had prep relevant in this discussion?

-Pr-
But on the flip side, Cap has KOed people that he shouldnt be able too with no prep = PIS.

so has ds. and i'm not talking about flash. it goes both ways.

but this is not a prep battle...so how is any of his showings where he had prep relevant in this discussion?

i never said it was a prep battle.

people said him beating Flash was PIS, when it wasn't. I was responding to other people.

The Nuul

I'd say this is more PIS than DS with prep beating Flash etc..

Starscream M

people said him beating Flash was PIS, when it wasn't. I was responding to other people. right...but why did you bring up the flash feats in the first place?

The Nuul

-Pr-
right...but why did you bring up the flash feats in the first place?

facepalm

because capt brought up achievements and i thought he meant general achievements.

Starscream M
ok

Deadline

they didn't attack him one at a time. at all. he actually moved too fast and took down each one systematically. they didn't even get the chance to attack him (bar flash).

He was standing in the middle of the street talking to himself for 3 panels nobody did jack, what was Kyle doing? He waited for Atom to sneak up on him and take him out. Maybe thats what the writer was trying to portray but how they fought Dr Light was completely different.

-Pr-
He was standing in the middle of the street talking to himself for 3 panels nobody did jack, what was Kyle doing? He waited for Atom to sneak up on him and take him out. Maybe thats what the writer was trying to portray but how they fought Dr Light was completely different.

they all tried to attack him, but slade attacked them first. then they tried to rally, and they got beat. just because kyle waited to attack doesn't mean everyone else did.

it was blatantly shown that slade was too fast for most of them.

srankmissingnin
Captain America would win the majority, he is just plain better in virtually every possible way. Slade has too much trouble with streets in melee to contend with Captain America.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Captain America would win the majority, he is just plain better in virtually every possible way. Slade has too much trouble with streets in melee to contend with Captain America.
There's a clear difference between "having trouble" and playing with your food. Most of Slade's fights with streets are something of the latter.

srankmissingnin
There's a clear difference between "having trouble" and playing with your food. Most of Slade's fights with streets are something of the latter.

There is some indication that he is less than serious in his encounters with Batgirl... but that is it. Nightwing has stomped him twice (once suffering while from radiation poisoning), and stalemated him once. Batman held his own once and beaten him once. Bronze Tiger put the boots to him. Azrael has stalemated him. Eddie Fryers has beat him. Deadshot has put him down twice. Slade isn't a match for Captain America without prep.

Deadline
Srank man you're going overboard again. erm

By the way Batman hasn't beaten DS without circumstances. Your also looking at the fights were DS has looked bad against NW and forgotten all the times he's done well. Balanced argument just saying.

srankmissingnin
Srank man you're going overboard again. erm

Feel free to point out which point I made that you feel is wrong.

Deadline
Feel free to point out which point I made that you feel is wrong.

See the edit. You're not analysing the evidence objectively again you're just picking the ones you like.

srankmissingnin
See the edit. You're not analysing the evidence objectively again you're just picking the ones you like.

If I was going to ignore circumstances like you are suggesting, I probably would have brought up Slade's lose to Arsenal back in the day, the time he got beat up by some drunken hillbillies, when he got beat by the Chain Gang, or the time he was beat down by the Joker's henchmen and tossed over a bridge. There are tons of suspect Slade examples that I didn't and don't mention in these threads, your objection is invalid.

The only time circumstances have lead to Batman beating Slade is when he triple teamed him in IC with Robin and Nightwing, which is why I didn't bring it up in my post. When they fought in detective comics, the fight ended with Slade's one good eye swollen over and him handcuffed on a roof. That is a win.

Most of Slade's wins over Nightwing are in the past, an era in Nightwing's history when he was losing to practically everyone and he literally couldn't even lay a finger on Bruce unless he was allowed. Anyway, Slade has the strength of 10-20 men, if he hits Dick once (particularly in his Nightwing costume, although Dick has more protection as Batman), he has pretty much insured his win... but Nightwing has shown that his superior skill, speed and agility will afford him the ability to dance around Slade or even blitz him if he is give the opportunity to do so.

Deadline
If I was going to ignore circumstances like you are suggesting, I probably would have brought up Slade's lose to Arsenal back in the day, the time he got beat up by some drunken hillbillies, when he got beat by the Chain Gang, or the time he was beat down by the Joker's henchmen and tossed over a bridge. There are tons of suspect Slade examples that I didn't and don't mention in these threads, your objection is invalid.

No srank just because you haven't used the worst examples possible doesn't mean you're not being biased.

The only time circumstances have lead to Batman beating Slade is when he triple teamed him in IC with Robin and Nightwing, which is why I didn't bring it up in my post. When they fought in detective comics, the fight ended with Slade's one good eye swollen over and him handcuffed on a roof. That is a win.

If you're talking about the time DS was trying to shoot somebody else there was CIS involved and you didn't mention that DS beat him twice, and in one of those circumstances it was pretty easy for him.

I mean here it is, Batman had the advantage and had to resort to using DS's gun.

Deathstroke Vs, Batman

Whoops him and goes about his business, but Bruce doesn't give so easily.
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_Detective710-02.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_Detective710-03.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_Detective710-04.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_Detective710-05.jpg

Batman catches him off guard again, and wails on him. Too bad Slade is tough though, he gets up and takes Bats down in one blow, and goes about his business. Bruce doesn't give up so easily though.lol
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_Detective710-12.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_Detective710-13.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_Detective710-16.jpg

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.lol
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/Detective710-20.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/Detective710-23.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/Detective710-24.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/Detective710-25.jpg

Most of Slade's wins over Nightwing are in the past, an era in Nightwing's history when he was losing to practically everyone and he literally couldn't even lay a finger on Bruce unless he was allowed. Anyway, Slade has the strength of 10-20 men, if he hits Dick once (particularly in his Nightwing costume, although Dick has more protection as Batman), he has pretty much insured his win... but Nightwing has shown that his superior skill, speed and agility will afford him the ability to dance around Slade or even blitz him if he is give the opportunity to do so.

You would have to prove what you're saying about NW in the past.

srankmissingnin
No srank just because you haven't used the worst examples possible doesn't mean you're not being biased.

If you're talking about the time DS was trying to shoot somebody else there was CIS involved and you didn't mention that DS beat him twice, and in one of those circumstances it was pretty easy for him.

I mean here it is, Batman had the advantage and had to resort to using DS's gun.

Deathstroke Vs, Batman

Whoops him and goes about his business, but Bruce doesn't give so easily.
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_Detective710-02.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_Detective710-03.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_Detective710-04.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_Detective710-05.jpg

Batman catches him off guard again, and wails on him. Too bad Slade is tough though, he gets up and takes Bats down in one blow, and goes about his business. Bruce doesn't give up so easily though.lol
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_Detective710-12.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_Detective710-13.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_Detective710-16.jpg

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.lol
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/Detective710-20.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/Detective710-23.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/Detective710-24.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/Detective710-25.jpg

You would have to prove what you're saying about NW in the past.

He didn't beat Batman twice, he knocked him over twice and then ran away. The fight was never over in either examples, if Batman had ran away while Slade was on the ground going "quh - quh -quh," it would have been the same thing... only he didn't. Slade retreated while he had the opportunity so he could assassinate his target, he never "beat" Batman. Slade dropped Batman twice, Batman dropped Slade twice (not counting when he clocked him with the rifle)... only Batman hung around instead of running away.

That Nightwing couldn't touch Batman?

Dum Dum Dugan

i never said it was a prep battle.

people said him beating Flash was PIS, when it wasn't. I was responding to other people.

Though it is not PIS, becuase Flash is a consistent jobber, to the point one really can not discredit people victories over him, they happen frequently. However if he fought to his abilities, DS would not have a pray of beating him, but Flash is just one of those characters, that constantly jobs. It almost absurd how many people hit him, in all honesty, for all these people including DS to even touch him, should take flash far more effort, because he have to force himself to move at speeds within there range of there mobility, and yet writers seem unable to grasp that.

Dum Dum Dugan
anyone ever get the impression that if Capt was DC character he would destroy batman?

Starscream M
Though it is not PIS, becuase Flash is a consistent jobber, to the point one really can not discredit people victories over him, they happen frequently. However if he fought to his abilities, DS would not have a pray of beating him, but Flash is just one of those characters, that constantly jobs. It almost absurd how many people hit him, in all honesty, for all these people including DS to even touch him, should take flash far more effort, because he have to force himself to move at speeds within there range of there mobility, and yet writers seem unable to grasp that. lol yeah, if you actually understood flash's abilities...its ridiculous

neither CIS nor PIS can even explain it

to flash, slade should literally be a statue...even jobbing, he shouldn't have trouble

Starscream M
anyone ever get the impression that if Capt was DC character he would destroy batman? no, not at all.

they would likely be close equals...with Capt being physically superior while Bats being smarter.

Dum Dum Dugan
lol yeah, if you actually understood flash's abilities...its ridiculous

neither CIS nor PIS can even explain it

to flash, slade should literally be a statue...even jobbing, he shouldn't have trouble
true, he literally have to force himself to slow down to the point slade could touch him. I mean his normal running speed is hundreds of times faster then slade or any number of guys who some how always hit him.

Dum Dum Dugan
no, not at all.

they would likely be close equals...with Capt being physically superior while Bats being smarter.
I disagree.

Smarter would not mean squat. Capt aint the rhino, he not going to fall for a stupid trick. The reason I stated that was look at how well slade does against batman simply due to being physically superior, now imagin is slade was stronger, massive superhuman stamina and had skills the rivaled if not surpassed batmans own......he stomp him. The fact slade does not is because he simply not as skill. Hell DC in a cross over with marvel, would never let Batman get punked, but the fact on two separate occasion they had batman acknowledge capt was either better or would/could beat him speaks volumes. If he was DC character, I bet money he put a seruous beating on batman, but becuase he a marvel character, DC would never allow it.

Starscream M
I disagree.

Smarter would not mean squat. Capt aint the rhino, he not going to fall for a stupid trick. The reason I stated that was look at how well slade does against batman simply due to being physically superior, now imagin is slade was stronger, massive superhuman stamina and had skills the rivaled if not surpassed batmans own......he stomp him. The fact slade does not is because he simply not as skill. Hell DC in a cross over with marvel, would never let Batman get punked, but the fact on two separate occasion they had batman acknowledge capt was either better or would/could beat him speaks volumes. If he was DC character, I bet money he put a seruous beating on batman, but becuase he a marvel character, DC would never allow it. capt is not that much physically superior to batman...and capt is prob equal to slade

batman is physically like DD, but more skilled. and I doubt capt would stomp DD.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>