Would You Let A Friend Borrow Your Harry Potter Books?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SelphieT
Well, would you?

Or are they too precious?

I don't own all the books, and I'd like to start re-reading them, but what do you guys think?

If your best friend was asking to borrow them, would you give the books to them right away, with hesitation, or would you not let them borrow them at all?

Melcórë
I lent six of my books to my brother - including two of my first-editions, OotP and HBP - near May or June last year, and he still hasn't given them back to me. sad

Then he started talking about lending them to some of his friends, and I said no. wink

So, I s'pose the answer is yes, within reason, (i.e., whether or not I trust them - or whether they could kick my @$$).

x-truecolors-x
Yes.

Sapphiree
yez. This should've been a poll.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Sapphiree
yez. This should've been a poll.

Yeah...but there could have been a lot of nerdy options, that I didn't really want to think of......... other than a simple yes or no stick out tongue

x-truecolors-x
Originally posted by SelphieT
Yeah...but there could have been a lot of nerdy options, that I didn't really want to think of......... other than a simple yes or no stick out tongue
Yes.
No.
Maybe.
Done.

Blue_Hefner
No, I wouldn't

goddess_susu
i lend my first book to a friend a few years ago..biggest mistake I ever made...haven't seen it since

Running Mascara
Depends if I know they'd treat them right..
But honestly.
I really rather not lend them to anyone no expression
I love them too much love

flipkick777
Originally posted by Running Mascara
Depends if I know they'd treat them right..
But honestly.
I really rather not lend them to anyone no expression
I love them too much love

Ditto

Zebe1213
It depends. I would never even think to give them the first 6 of the books because i love them too much, however, Deathly Hallows, maybe.

trevor9999
i would never give up deathly hallows! i wouldn`t lets them borrow any of them unless it was #2

Jbill311
I do it all the time. Most of my friends never bothered to buy the books- they just borrowed 'em from me.

d'wittymudblood
No.

d'wittymudblood
I lent my prisoner and chamber a long time ago.. and it was returned to me with tore pages especially that of the chamber.. From then on, i would not want to lend another book from anyone.

Neo_Version 7
Similar experience. I lent my Chamber of Secrets to a friend of mine back in 6th grade, got it back with a chunk of the pages coming off. Had to glue them again.

Thankfully, my friends are more careful these days.

celestialdemon
Of course. The person wouldn't be much of a friend if I couldn't trust him/her with some books.

Tonks
lol of course not! I dont lend my books or movies out! Too afraid that they would get ruined. And I have alot of the first editions, and those dont leave me!

Kelly_Bean
Nah, I'd tell him to feck off and go to the library.

Giggles
no

Paola
no, never

I lend Interview with the Vampire, The Vampire Lestat and A Series of Unfortunate Events and I never saw them again cry not even in bookstores (at least not printed the way I wanted them) so my Potter books will never leave home.. ever! nahuh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.