Clive Barker's Jericho

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment

Burning thought
jeez PS 3 has a demo already, and wheres the PC demo i ask sad i want this game tho, looks sweet as you say, horror is fun, especially when its gory, grotesque clive horror big grin

Impediment
Here's another clip:
6eNytQWmdO0

Impediment
One more. One of the trailers that seems better than most:

2lh8yDq_Ix8

Smasandian
Played the demo. An rental for me. That's it.

Impediment
I try to never buy any game before I first rent it. I have a feeling, however, that I'll end up buying this game.

Smasandian
I didnt really see anything special about this game from the demo.

It was freaking or scary at all and the action was pretty generic. This is just from the demo though so it could be different, but I wasnt
entirely impressed.

Impediment
It releases on the 24th. Damn the luck.

Count Makashi
I played the demo on my PS3 as well and i was positively surprised, it plays really good and the story looks interesting as well, looks like a buy for me.

Impediment
I really enjoyed the continuous conversations between characters. The voice actors really did a good job, especially at the little things like when after Church battles the demon when falling down the pit, she stumbles to her feet whimpering and shuddering. It just adds a touch of realism, in my opinion.

Burning thought
i think ill enjoy this game a lot, ime not a horror madman lover or anything but these sorts of stories i find interesting, id prob get it just to play the story and see it all myself without having to hear it from others, even if the game itself didnt turn out too well id prob enjoy the story, and the monster designs look quite imaginative and entertaining, or more Gory if anything else, which is pretty cool

it wont bring the masterful graphics and new features of Crysis

Impediment
Anything by Clive Barker is worth my attention. The story itself is original, and the fact that you get to play characters with both supernatural powers and bad-ass military weapons is icing on the cake, IMO.

ragesRemorse
i like clive barker's literary works, but every game that he has been involved with has turned out to be absolute garbage

Impediment
I can't seem to recall any other video games by Barker. Care to enlighten?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Impediment
I can't seem to recall any other video games by Barker. Care to enlighten?

I know he was involved in atleast two others. The most recent was the PC game undying. The game had fine graphics and sound. The story was solid, but the gameplay was quite broken. I was probably being to harsh in saying that his past endevours in the video game world produced only garbage. I am skeptical though, in the past when icons from other mediums were chosen to headline a video game in some way. The results have always been lackluster. I do have hope for Jericho, am just skeptical is all.

Smasandian
Undying wasnt garbage.

It was a pretty interesting and fun game.

Garbage means crap, and Undying isnt crap. It's good.

Impediment
Today's the day!! I'm buying Jericho this afternoon!!

Estacado
What powers does the reality hacker chick have?

Morridini
Just got a Switch so I could get internet on my 360! Put this in the demo download list, loong list...

Smasandian
Read the reviews, alot of them are pretty bad.

I'm not picking this up.

Impediment
I bought it this afternoon. Pretty sweet game, if you ask me. I'm about an hour into it. The graphics are good, but the best part is the music and the voice acting. The scripting is damn near perfect! Also, I love the continuous back & forth with the characters.

Impediment
Originally posted by Smasandian
Read the reviews, alot of them are pretty bad.

I'm not picking this up.

I value the reviews of other people, especially professional critics, as much as I value a scorching case of genital herpes.

Smasandian
And I played the demo and wasnt that impressed to go out and buy the game.

Reading the reviews and the problems that they had made me realize that the game isnt great, or good.

Nothing stands out from it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.