Genesis VS Cloud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Remindme
Just wondering what you guys & gals thought....

shin_gear
Genesis, is what I would say.

Csdabest
I dont know. I would have to say Cloud though. Since Zack beats Genesis. And Cloud is stronger than Zack now. Well you would think. Zack gets killed his back broken by a toying sephiroth. While Cloud kills a toying sephiroth twice. So in ABC format Cloud should be able to handle Genesis. It would an interesting fight though. Close. But i would have to say Cloud.

This is confusing to me because its all seems confusing the way the made things in the FF universe.

Remindme
Yeah, this all comes down to is Cloud actually stronger then Zack? hahaha, dilemma eh?

Csdabest
Yeah basicly. But then again. Genesis put up a better fight against Sephiroth then Zack did. But Zack beat genesis. Which makes things even more confusing.

Remindme
I guess it's because Zack mainly using brute strength, and speed to back it up. Where as Sephiroth is so damn fast, and back that up with his Strength.

Genesis may be more naturally effective vs faster opponent likes Sephiroth. And Weaker vs the more brute opponents like Zack. Thats my wild theory that makes sense in my head so i decided to leave it at that

Csdabest
Yeah. Thats how i basicly see most fights. Its more of the chemistry match up in a fight. Rather than raw power in one individual aqttribute.

Remindme
Going on that it would make sense that Cloud can win.

But still, Genesis might be too much for him....

Csdabest
Hopefully the next final fantasy game will give us better insight or completely botch things up fort the FFVII universe

SHM
Zack beats Genesis only because he is the main character of CC. Seriously, he couldn't have won of Genesis Avatar, that was Genesis merged with Minerva(who is the living consciousness of the planet itself).

It's like with the main character(a Turk) of BC. Exist some enemiescalled "Ravens", that beated SOLDIERs with one punch IIRC. But the main character(who is just a Turk), beated them many times.

It's hard to judge the power level of some characters in the FFVII series. Some of them beats other characters, just because they are important in the story(being the main character, for example).

Just because Zack beated Genesis in a game where he has plot-protection, doesn't mean Cloud can do the same in this fight.

ESB -1138
Beated them many times? You mean beaten them many times.

And yeah Zack defeated Genesis in the game where he is the main character but he still defeated Genesis.

Hannibal-Lector
Zack beating Genesis is the same thing of Cloud being Sephiroth... Genesis is stronger than Zack but for story reason, Genesis loses.... Genesis was stated 2nd strongest followed by Omega (yep, i know the video of the final fight makes weiss omega seem ALOT faster but that was just a statement by the producers... guess whos first)

Genesis SHOULD win this but if this were to take place in teh game Cloud would win for the same reason above...

shin_gear
Tifa would beat Cloud and Barret at the same time in a strict H2H fight. XD

MadMel
maybe, unless barret can use his gun hand as a club laughing out loud

Superboy Prime
I really don't get why Zack beating Genesis cannot be used because he is the main char of CC while allowing Cloud's victories over Sephiroth run along when Cloud is the protagonist of those stories.

But...meh.

SHM
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
I really don't get why Zack beating Genesis cannot be used because he is the main char of CC while allowing Cloud's victories over Sephiroth run along when Cloud is the protagonist of those stories.

But...meh.

But we have good in-universe explanations for Cloud's victories. With Zack we don't.

Csdabest
He simply was better than Zack. And why does everyone think of Cloud as a total pushover. Regular Final Fantasy Maybe. But in Advent Children. he proved himself more than worthy

Superboy Prime
Good in-universe explanations? Like what....Sephiroth under estimating Cloud for the 3rd time like a ****ing moron.

Cloud downplays Sephiroth's coolness too much.

Cloud was actually more badass in the game. Its not every day you see an ordinary grunt grab hold of the Masamune, push himself forward, lift Sephiroth and throw him down the mako reactor.

Remindme
Good in-universe explanations? Like what....Sephiroth under estimating Cloud for the 3rd time like a ****ing moron.

Cloud downplays Sephiroth's coolness too much.

Cloud was actually more badass in the game. Its not every day you see an ordinary grunt grab hold of the Masamune, push himself forward, lift Sephiroth and throw him down the mako reactor.

Co-signed

FFVII Cloud's coolness >>>>>>>>>>>> AC Cloud's

Terryc250

That is actually fact, Cloud is stronger during the FFVII game except at the end of AC, Tifa states while Cloud is fighting Kadaj "Do you remember what it was like to be strong? Its been 2 years but somehow that strength slipped away, but i think he has found it again" So basically the Cloud we see in AC is pussy Cloud until the fight against bahamut/kadaj/sephiroth

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by shin_gear
Tifa would beat Cloud and Barret at the same time in a strict H2H fight. XD I really appreciate that jab against me man. Anyway, I don't really know a whole lot bout Genesis, other than that one vid, but going by that I say Cloud.

SHM

Sephiroth underestimated Cloud in AC, and only in the begin of the final battle in the Northern Crater.

And at least i'ts an explanation.

Now lets see the "explanation" they "give" to Zack's victory in CC:

Zack won of a guy who merged with/absorbed the friggin god/goddess of FFVII's world...

...Because he is Zack! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.