Halo DS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr.Biscuits
http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/657/657273/mattbloghalods_1191348742.jpg

If only....

chickenlover98
hope it doesnt. that would mean bungie is leavin ms.

Blax_Hydralisk
I'd buy it.

Lana
Oh please no.

Not that it would ever happen anyway.

Mr.Biscuits
Originally posted by chickenlover98
hope it doesnt. that would mean bungie is leavin ms.
Click the link.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Lana
Oh please no.

Not that it would ever happen anyway.

Why no?

Lana
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Why no?

Can't stand Halo.

Looking at those images posted, I call hoax anyway. The DS certainly has some nice graphics for a handheld but those just seem a bit TOO nice.

Mr.Biscuits
Can't stand Halo.

Looking at those images posted, I call hoax anyway. The DS certainly has some nice graphics for a handheld but those just seem a bit TOO nice.
Did you watch the video?

Lana
Originally posted by Mr.Biscuits
Did you watch the video?

To be honest, no. I just don't care enough.

Mr.Biscuits
To be honest, no. I just don't care enough.
He he...
Fair enough...

Blax_Hydralisk
Can't stand Halo.

What about the other people who like it though?

F those people stick out tongue

shin_gear
LMAO..Halo DS

Can't stand Halo.

Looking at those images posted, I call hoax anyway. The DS certainly has some nice graphics for a handheld but those just seem a bit TOO nice. Ninja Gaiden DS has equal quality or better. XD

BackFire
Can't stand Halo.

You know, just because something comes out on the DS doesn't mean you'd have to play it.

Crazy, I know.

DS is in need of some games right now anyways. Besides Zelda hasn't had a good release in some time.

I do agree, though. Doubtful that this is legit either way.

Lana
Originally posted by BackFire
You know, just because something comes out on the DS doesn't mean you'd have to play it.

Crazy, I know.

DS is in need of some games right now anyways. Besides Zelda hasn't had a good release in some time.

I do agree, though. Doubtful that this is legit either way.

Doesn't mean I can't say I dislike the idea of it. Crazy, being able to express an opinion.

Not sure what you mean by Zelda not having a good release in some time...do you mean the release being big, or the game being good?

BackFire
No, I forgot a comma. What I meant is, besides Zelda, the DS hasn't had a good release in some time.

Lot's of shitty games come out on the system, dumb gimmick games, that think that moving a stick around is enough to warrant a massive gameplay evolution despite having nothing else going for them. Halo would work pretty well with the control scheme of the system, and would be an undeniable big release. In fact, it would probably move more systems than any other game that's been released on the system.

Why be against a game simply existing just because you don't like it? I think the Kingdom Heart games are lame, doesn't mean I wish they'd cease to exist.

shin_gear
Originally posted by BackFire
I think the Kingdom Heart games are lame,huh

ESB -1138
Like Microsoft would give their golden game over to Nintendo. That would be like Nintendo handing Mario over to Sony.

Can't stand Halo.

What are you talking about? Metroid Prime Hunters' graphics looks as good as that.

Blax_Hydralisk
Have EITHER of you guys actually watched the videos on the site?

ESB -1138
Have EITHER of you guys actually watched the videos on the site?

Yeah I did. They said it was cancelled for a reason, because Microsoft doesn't want to send it's golden game off to Nintendo because it would be like Nintendo sending Mario to Sony.

Blax_Hydralisk
Right. Certainly not a hoax, though.

Zen2nd
The game is a hoax. Its just a mod of the GoldenEye: Rogue Agent game on the DS.

Plus if you read Scott Dewitt's post on F@NBOY$ you'll see he points out a few good points.

1. Your scores never went up

2. The time never changed

3. You shot right handed guns with left bumber.

4. There was no waiting time for you to host a multiplayer session

5. Innacurate ammo counts for the plasma rifle. Anyone who plays Halo can tell you it doesn't exceed 100 shots.

6. The signal meter was non existant. It was there, but never showed any signs of being used.

7. Slots for other joined players were empty when you were obviously "playing" against a human opponent. (this along with the no load times are the biggest flaws in the video)

8. At the end the camera moved upwards when you were moving the stylus left and right (read: not up at all)

9. I like how it cuts off right before the nice warthog physics could have kicked in.

Plus people should know now what some people can do with mods. Just check out Haloid for proof.

WrathfulDwarf
I thought this rumor was squash ages ago.

ESB -1138
Yeah I noticed all that too.

MadMel
shame...it would have been awesome sad

Fardin Vassisk
If it was released I would buy it in a flash! It would get 10/10 it would be the best DS shooter

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Zen2nd
The game is a hoax. Its just a mod of the GoldenEye: Rogue Agent game on the DS.

Plus if you read Scott Dewitt's post on F@NBOY$ you'll see he points out a few good points.

1. Your scores never went up

2. The time never changed

3. You shot right handed guns with left bumber.

4. There was no waiting time for you to host a multiplayer session

5. Innacurate ammo counts for the plasma rifle. Anyone who plays Halo can tell you it doesn't exceed 100 shots.

6. The signal meter was non existant. It was there, but never showed any signs of being used.

7. Slots for other joined players were empty when you were obviously "playing" against a human opponent. (this along with the no load times are the biggest flaws in the video)

8. At the end the camera moved upwards when you were moving the stylus left and right (read: not up at all)

9. I like how it cuts off right before the nice warthog physics could have kicked in.

Plus people should know now what some people can do with mods. Just check out Haloid for proof.

Err, none of those are conclusive- they are easily the result of an early software build. And being an adapted version of another piece of software in absoluely no way at all detracts from the essential truth of all this- that a Halo DS game was a possibility and work was done on it.

It might have been squashed long ago but there was no evidence then. Now that has changed.

Zen2nd
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Err, none of those are conclusive- they are easily the result of an early software build. And being an adapted version of another piece of software in absoluely no way at all detracts from the essential truth of all this- that a Halo DS game was a possibility and work was done on it.

It might have been squashed long ago but there was no evidence then. Now that has changed.

So the developers decided that if you move the stylus from left to right, you look up?

pffft sure I could easily say that Metroid Prime and Legend of Zelda are coming to Xbox 360 and pull it off with a little effort. So by going by your logic I can say that those games were a possibility and work was done on it, when in truth no work at all was done on it whatsoever.

And being an adapted version of another piece of software in absoluely no way at all detracts from the essential truth of all this

Well it does actually. They just changed the skins from Golden Eye to Halo skins. Thats all.

Also how do you explain the total lack of loading times? Regardless of how powerful a machine is it still has to send information first to the other console.

JKozzy
So the developers decided that if you move the stylus from left to right, you look up?

pffft sure I could easily say that Metroid Prime and Legend of Zelda are coming to Xbox 360 and pull it off with a little effort. So by going by your logic I can say that those games were a possibility and work was done on it, when in truth no work at all was done on it whatsoever.

And being an adapted version of another piece of software in absoluely no way at all detracts from the essential truth of all this

Well it does actually. They just changed the skins from Golden Eye to Halo skins. Thats all.

Also how do you explain the total lack of loading times? Regardless of how powerful a machine is it still has to send information first to the other console. That's the big thing with the DS - lack of significant loading. The PSP has to load for a minute or two sometimes since it's a disc based system. When games are played off of memory stick, load times are significantly decreased, and in some games, eliminated in some cases. I don't think the lack of load time is any reason to scream fake, because I'm sure the developers could have streamloaded the loading to load the specific spawn area first, and before you can get to any other part of the map, the rest of it can be loaded while you're running around your spawn area.

Even if it is running off Goldeneye's engine, it's quite common for games in an early developmental phase to be built upon a previous game for prototype purposes, before the money is spent on their own engine or licensing. Obviously, since the game never got past that phase, they never invested the money to continue on in making the game more unique, to develop their own engine, or create further mods to Goldeneye's.

SaTsuJiN
all of those sound like normal symptoms of a game in development to me

not like it matters since its not coming out.. /shrug

Zen2nd
Its just the skins that have been changed, no real work involved and would be a very dangerous thing to do if you were going to do that as a prototype version. So when they go to put it forward to the finance team all they got to say is "well the game won't be actually anything like this, we just changed the skins of this game here and that's all."

Its a hoax through and through, as I don't see why a developer would go to so much trouble to actually just change the skins only and then put it on a DS with solo and multi-play, just to test out what they already know, that it plays exactly like Goldeneye with a Halo skin.

That would be a complete waste of time for a programmer, since they are supposed to be a AAA company, why would they waste their time just changing the skins when they would have their inhouse engines at their disposal??

Spartan005
I'd probably buy it, but dear god Microsoft would never be stupid enough to hand over their best selling game to Nintendo. Besides the DS is really annoying when it comes to games that aren't 2d platformers... they should make a version with a joystick or something. Come to think of it, I think they did with the gameboy sp or something...

ESB -1138
You're basically quoting what I said.

Originally posted by ESB -1138
Like Microsoft would give their golden game over to Nintendo. That would be like Nintendo handing Mario over to Sony.

Originally posted by Spartan005
Besides the DS is really annoying when it comes to games that aren't 2d platformers...

Okay wrong, don't state your opinion like it is fact. Super Mario 64 DS, Metroid Prime Hunters, Mario Kart DS, Star Fox Adventure, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, and Custom Robo Arena are all 3D games that are excellent on the DS.

Fardin Vassisk
I have been scouring the web for proof that the game was in development. I found out several things:

1: Microsoft did in fact sign a deal with Nintendo to create the game. They canned it afterwards when Nintendo and Microsoft decided not to go through with it. There was some hype about the game a few months back that my fellow school mate, best friend and gaming buddy confirmed for me as it was in one of his gaming magazines.

2: The version we see here does not use a modified version of the GoldenEye: R A engine as looking at both games under scrutiny they are entirely different. One thing being the graphics are far more carried than Rogue Agent and even surpass Metroid: Hunters in detail. The characters also seem to have Ai, something missing from Rogue Agent and the frame rate is excellent: This is because there is still room on the ds cart for more game. Also remember that GoldenEye did not have WiFi internet connection.

3: The reason for the control scheme is: Keypad: Up: look up. Down: look down. Left and Right: look left & right. Touch pad: Move and straf in any direction.

Thats my theory anyway. A Ds attachment was designed by me to add a joy stick and 'z' (trigger) to it. It was basically a modified N64 controller suited to play GoldenEye 007 64 if Nitty can win the rights for it from the Microsoft owned Rare.

Hope this helps....

Ushgarak
Its just the skins that have been changed, no real work involved and would be a very dangerous thing to do if you were going to do that as a prototype version. So when they go to put it forward to the finance team all they got to say is "well the game won't be actually anything like this, we just changed the skins of this game here and that's all."

Its a hoax through and through, as I don't see why a developer would go to so much trouble to actually just change the skins only and then put it on a DS with solo and multi-play, just to test out what they already know, that it plays exactly like Goldeneye with a Halo skin.

That would be a complete waste of time for a programmer, since they are supposed to be a AAA company, why would they waste their time just changing the skins when they would have their inhouse engines at their disposal??

Well, you say only those have changed, but I don't really accept your opinion on that one. And you ask why an AAA company would bother, which shows ignorance of the whole process- this would have been a demonstration spec from a small programming tam to show the whole thing could be done. The low multiplay load times are, again, simply because this is a test version. These things happen commonly.

And so again- not one of your objections actually shows it is a hoax at all, and what with there evidence being that it is genuine- direct witness statement from professionals, and the apparent reaction originally by Microsoft when they were worried there was a leak- means you are going to need a heck of a lot more than those objections to sound convincing.

Fardin Vassisk
I have been scouring the web for proof that the game was in development. I found out several things:

1: Microsoft did in fact sign a deal with Nintendo to create the game. They canned it afterwards when Nintendo and Microsoft decided not to go through with it. There was some hype about the game a few months back that my fellow school mate, best friend and gaming buddy confirmed for me as it was in one of his gaming magazines.

2: The version we see here does not use a modified version of the GoldenEye: R A engine as looking at both games under scrutiny they are entirely different. One thing being the graphics are far more carried than Rogue Agent and even surpass Metroid: Hunters in detail. The characters also seem to have Ai, something missing from Rogue Agent and the frame rate is excellent: This is because there is still room on the ds cart for more game. Also remember that GoldenEye did not have WiFi internet connection.

3: The reason for the control scheme is: Keypad: Up: look up. Down: look down. Left and Right: look left & right. Touch pad: Move and straf in any direction.

Thats my theory anyway. A Ds attachment was designed by me to add a joy stick and 'z' (trigger) to it. It was basically a modified N64 controller suited to play GoldenEye 007 64 if Nitty can win the rights for it from the Microsoft owned Rare.

Hope this helps....

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Okay wrong, don't state your opinion like it is fact.

Show me where he said that was a fact..

ESB -1138
Show me where he said that was a fact..

Originally posted by Spartan005
Besides the DS is really annoying when it comes to games that aren't 2d platformers...

Blax_Hydralisk
That sounds more like him expressing his personal opinion then trying to pass it off as fact.

ESB -1138
That sounds more like him expressing his personal opinion then trying to pass it off as fact.

No he said it was very annoying when it came to anything other than 2D platformers. He said it as fact that the DS was annoy expect for 2D platformers.

Blax_Hydralisk
Prove that he said it as fact. Again saying it was very annoying when it came to anything other then 2D platformers is just him expressing his own opinion, formed from his own experiences. Not everything suits everybody. And even then, it may be a fact. It's a fact that he finds it annoying for anything but 2_d stuff. So what? He's not saying it's like that for everybody.

ESB -1138
Prove that he said it as fact. Again saying it was very annoying when it came to anything other then 2D platformers is just him expressing his own opinion, formed from his own experiences. Not everything suits everybody.

No he said (again): the DS is really annoying when it comes to games that aren't 2d platformers. No where no how is that an opinion. Show me one thing in that sentence he said that displays an opinion. He said the DS is really annoying to anything that aren't 2d platformers.

Blax_Hydralisk
It is really annoying, ito him. When he plays it. That's pretty simple.

ESB -1138
It is really annoying, ito him. When he plays it. That's pretty simple.

No he didn't say it was annoying to him he said the DS is annoying.

Blax_Hydralisk
So? He finds it annoying. That still means nothing, that doesn't mean he meant it was annoying for everybody, or that it was a fact.

ESB -1138
No he didn't say it was annoying to him he said the DS is annoying. You seem intent on defending Spartan no matter what for some reason despite him saying something as though it was fact. In FACT, I named off many 3D DS games I enjoyed trying to convince him he was wrong and yet for some reason you jumped in here trying to talk for the guy.

Here's a thought; let's let him talk for himself instead of having you do it for him.

Blax_Hydralisk
So? He didn't say that it was a universal fact that the DS is annoying, either.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.