Dante VS Beyond the Grave: Gunfight only

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sado22
The night was spooky and deathly silent, save for the jingling sound of chains on the back of the lone man walking in the moonlit road. A large casket with ghoulish pale skin and grey hair walked as the horrendous casket creaked, strung to his back...a constant reminder of his death and betrayal. The Punisher of Twilight: Beyond the Grave, the ex-number 1 sweeper of the mafia group millenium. Finally stopping near a broken down church, Grave looks at the lone red clad gunman waiting for him.
"I thought the Mafia would send in more people once i busted their precious necro-rise program," Dante spoke in his cocky voice, the huge claymore gleaming on his back.
"..."
Dante expected some kind of reaction but Grave simply stared at him in silence, through the grey streaks of hair that covered his left eye completely. Despite his long hair, Dante noticed the ghastly scar on the left side where his left should be.
"Oh, a quiet one, eh?" Dante cracking his knuckles. Without warning he hoped in the air, as a single slashing sound echoed in the still air. Grave simply stood where he was. Infront of him was Dante with his drawn claymore inches above his head as Grave blocked it with his massive casket. With a complex swing he disarmed Dante with it, who flipped back a few passive to avoid the cruel melee shot that the undead man attempted. the half demon pulled out his twin guns and without delay two loud gunshots roared over the abandoned church. In a fraction of a second two louder gunshots rang out in a defeaning crash that even surprised Dante......and so the gun fight between two inhuman gunmen begins.
who wins?!

and before any of you f@gs has a problem with this thread, let me tell you right now that Gungrave is a game. the anime is based on it.

@charlotte: brandon is also silver haired smile

~Sado

shin_gear
Sado: All silver-haired guys are f@gs. smile

jk

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by shin_gear
Sado: All silver-haired guys are f@gs. smile

jk

Well, well evil face

Sado22
Shin-Sado: all f@gs with cats on their avatar are real pussies
@charlotte: how come you're not responding to the thread, darling?

Lana
Watch your mouth.

Charlotte DeBel
Dante has faster rate of fire due to creating bullets out of his demonic energy (that also allows him to regulate the power of his shots from relatively weak ones which are able to change trajectory of a snooker ball to his famous Jackpot which is basically a powerful blast of demonic energy able to tear poor undead gunfighter into pieses), thus he has faster rate of fire. He's agile enough to get out of the line of fire via Equilibrium-stile gun kata.
In terms of aim both opponent are really good, and Dante more than adept in using effect of ricoshet to his advantage.
Dante has good damage soak due to his healing powers, but as his opponent is undead, that's not deciding advantage.

Dante wins that like 7/10, most probably

Sado22
@Lana: look sweetie, i don't know what your problem is but shingears and i are practically best friends so give it a rest. we are just joking around. find someone else to annoy.

@Charlotte. nice response, darling.
the thing with Grave is that he is also more than adept at using gun-kata's but along with that his guns are like 30+ rounds with 15mm bullets while dante's are only .45....that means that Grave's guns are practically twice as powerful as the strongest rounds available today (the .45ACP). of course both of them are undead but in the anime bullets didn't even penetrate Grave's skin until later when he was on the verge of death. his durability is as monstrous as Dante's where he was impaled by giant nails and still continued fighting...and that happened after he was caught in a ground levelling explosion. he was winded but he continued fighting.
i'm still leaning towards Grave for the reason that he is my favorite anime character along with Guts and Vash. Grave=6/10

oh and whats the deal with DMC4....is it out or what?

~Sado

Rascaduanok

Lana
Originally posted by Sado22
@Lana: look sweetie, i don't know what your problem is but shingears and i are practically best friends so give it a rest. we are just joking around. find someone else to annoy.

@Charlotte. nice response, darling.
the thing with Grave is that he is also more than adept at using gun-kata's but along with that his guns are like 30+ rounds with 15mm bullets while dante's are only .45....that means that Grave's guns are practically twice as powerful as the strongest rounds available today (the .45ACP). of course both of them are undead but in the anime bullets didn't even penetrate Grave's skin until later when he was on the verge of death. his durability is as monstrous as Dante's where he was impaled by giant nails and still continued fighting...and that happened after he was caught in a ground levelling explosion. he was winded but he continued fighting.
i'm still leaning towards Grave for the reason that he is my favorite anime character along with Guts and Vash. Grave=6/10

oh and whats the deal with DMC4....is it out or what?

~Sado

You also need to watch your attitude. I don't care if you're joking around, it's not acceptable.

Captain REX
I'm aware that you have called Lana a ***** and now you're telling her to "annoy" someone else because she's telling you to follow the rules, Sado?

Insulting a moderator is a bannable offense.

shin_gear
But, insulting a normal user isn't? confused

Anyway, I'll side with Dante on this one. I don't think Grave has what it takes to win this bout.

Charlotte DeBel

shin_gear
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Ability to charge his guns with demonic energy to the extent that he basically fires energy blasts instead bullets.Reminds me of Chaos Vincent. evil face

Charlotte DeBel
DMC3- some more Dante vs Lady

Arkham imitates his death in hands of Vergil but Lady thinks that it's Dante who killed her father and not Vergil.
Another cool gunfighting scene. Dante demonstrates cool gun katas as well as easily parrying Lady's bullets with his own shots.
The famous "disfunctional family" dialogue is included.

sLqhh8pFSsE

The fight with Lady Rascaduanok referred to. Gun katas and stuff...human gunslingers have nothing on Dante. Just found I missed that cutscene when I was putting all Dante vs Lady stuff in Dante's RT so I've added it now.

shin_gear
What spite, Dante wins.

Sado22
i said: no need to be a ***** about it.

the rules? funny how it all seems to matter all of a sudden....after one year. look i don't know what lana told you but fact of the matter is that she even proudly claims that she doesn't care if everyone finds her rude and annoying. if anyone needs to change his attitude...its her. especially if most of KMC thinks along the bitchjob lines.
in this side of the forum everyone knows everyone, everyone is friends in their own weird way and everyone knows what to expect from the other. my so called "insults" are, as everyone knows, jokes. just the way everyone else swears around here. AND if shingears doesn't have a problem whats hers....and am i supposed to think its not a coincidence that she suddenly develops a problem with my swearing AFTER this so-called insulting PM?
please...

i didn't insult her. moderators don't have the right to insult either. and again, if KMC thinks she's a ***** then there is something wrong with picture.

~Sado

Sado22
two firearms?
grave has grenades, rocket launchers, missiles, heatseeker missiles, machine guns all in one in his casket. Grave is resistent to firearms, his healing is exemplory (need i mention the bomb explosion and being impaled by the nail of a giant spider...long story). he also has superhuman strength (pushing aside a heavily armed truck several feet away), monstrous stamina and really cool jumping abilities....WITH gun katas.

i know. so does grave. he was even dodging air splitting projectiles in the anime from Bear Walken (think the ruroni kenshin thing with the wind projectiles that..but this one was cutting down the whole house).
grave is being underrated to horrible levels.

grave kicking all sorts of ass. gun katas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2XSqOiEqvo

~Sado
P.S. more to come

Sado22
shut up, foo! mad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udJJtzW8SIo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXqSAw5fy8E&mode=related&search=Gungrave%20PS2

shin_gear
Why do you make multiple posts in a row? XD

Lana
i said: no need to be a ***** about it.

the rules? funny how it all seems to matter all of a sudden....after one year. look i don't know what lana told you but fact of the matter is that she even proudly claims that she doesn't care if everyone finds her rude and annoying. if anyone needs to change his attitude...its her. especially if most of KMC thinks along the bitchjob lines.
in this side of the forum everyone knows everyone, everyone is friends in their own weird way and everyone knows what to expect from the other. my so called "insults" are, as everyone knows, jokes. just the way everyone else swears around here. AND if shingears doesn't have a problem whats hers....and am i supposed to think its not a coincidence that she suddenly develops a problem with my swearing AFTER this so-called insulting PM?
please...

i didn't insult her. moderators don't have the right to insult either. and again, if KMC thinks she's a ***** then there is something wrong with picture.

~Sado

Kiddo, you know very very few people here. I mean, you only post in the VG forums. I've very rarely seen you post elsewhere. So if you say 'most' of KMC dislikes me, I'm going to just laugh and ignore it because you wouldn't be in a position to know.

"funny how it all seems to matter all of a sudden....after one year"

Laughable coming from someone who's not even been here a year. Hey, want to know a little secret? I don't read every thread or post in this forum. I rely on reports, and it's only recently that people have started reporting things. And someone reported your 'joking' namecalling, so apparently, they found it offensive, regardless of you claiming it to be a joke!

And I said already, joking or not, insults like that are not acceptable or tolerated. And newsflash - words are censored on here for a reason. And if someone thinks it's offensive then it certainly is not allowed. You can say it's a joke all you like but you cannot control what other people find insulting.

And I didn't "proudly claim" that I didn't care if people thought me rude or bitchy. I said I just don't care. Know why? Because every single person who's ever held that attitude in the entire time I've been on KMC - which is a good long time, several years longer than anyone else in this forum - has been someone who has been called out or has gotten in trouble for breaking the rules. If you break the rules, you're not going to get it sugarcoated or handled with kid gloves; no different from the real world. And you'll find that nearly every single mod on here is the same way.

So YOU can drop the sudden attitude, or you're going to find yourself not a member too much longer.

Oh, and I've never insulted you once.

leonheartmm
please children, this isnt even a fight. dante overshoots beyond the grave by such a ridiculously galactic extent that it isnt even funny bringing this crap up. dante wins.

Sado22
laughing
get a life sweetie.

really helpful. post something useful man.

shin_gear
Maybe I should check out what this Grave guy can do. >.>

I'm too biased. sad

Charlotte DeBel
My relative non-bias results in Dante winning that 7/10, since Dante's faster (not to mention he has combat teleportation) and has faster rate of fire due to no need to reload.

As for second slot of firearms, I'd like to propose not the ones from the third game, but Nightmare-beta from the first. Grave gets f*cked pretty nice.

Originally posted by leonheartmm
please children, this isnt even a fight. dante overshoots beyond the grave by such a ridiculously galactic extent that it isnt even funny bringing this crap up. dante wins.
Listen up, "adult"...you're the one who claimed Vergil&Dante moved on light speed in their first fight.
1.If we don't count teleportation and time manipulation, Dante can't move on the speed of light. Catching a being which is able to teleport in the shadow (Hellhound) doesn't equal moving on FTL speeds.
2. Dante is COMPLETELY useless against last boss in Nocturne- nothing of his attacks can't harm that godly light (though his magic resistance helps against his attacks- and resistance to godlevel magic is quite a feat otherwise he's a waste of slot in that fight).

Claiming otherwise to the public which is uneducated on Dante makes you quite a bad reputation and spoils the image of Dante fandom (not to mention that makes reasonable fans to do some mythbusting). We shouldn't take a route of Kain's fanboys and casually throw the words "godly", "infinity", "multiversal-level power" (Dante can beat skyfathers, but surely can't replicate skyfather-level feat) in description of our handsome whitehaired half-demon.

shin_gear
Dante and Lee Chaolan should be best buddies. yes

Charlotte DeBel
Nope. Dante&K' can make good friends (though they have completely different points of view on strawberry ice-cream&smoking). Pretty much the same fighting style in h2h (personalization of Jeet Kune Do), both turned to the path of warriors in childhood in some way against their will, both are victims of incest fanfiction sick

shin_gear
But Lee Chaolan...sad

Charlotte DeBel
But Lee Chaolan...sad

43years old man copying the style of 19years old K' and 29years old Dante is a bit disgusting to my taste.

shin_gear
Chaolan is 43 years old? What the f**k?

Charlotte DeBel
Or even 47? I dom't remember correctly, but he's in his mid-forties.

shin_gear
Kind of hard to imagine that this guy's 40 or so years old, but you're most likely right. lol

http://www.tekken-official.jp/tk6ac/characters/image_detile/26_lee_l.jpg

Charlotte DeBel
Chaolan is my favourite pick when I play Tekken due to him looking much like K'&Dante despite him being older than any of them.

shin_gear
He's also very good gameplay-wise. yes

Anyway I still stand by my opinion that Dante wins this battle.

Sado -> chair<- Me

Sado22
*dyes his hair silver and styles them like Dante*
so who is your favorite poster on KMC, charlotte? smokin'

~The Silverhaired Sado-sama

Sado22
damn straight foo! mad

shin_gear
~The f@ggot Silverhaired Sado-sama laughing

jk

Sado22
shinpussy stick out tongue

shin_gear
So, do you think Grave would win and if so, why? 313

Charlotte DeBel
*dyes his hair silver and styles them like Dante*
so who is your favorite poster on KMC, charlotte? smokin'

~The Silverhaired Sado-sama

Nice, now you look very K'ish/Danteish *gives Sado a kiss*.

shin_gear
sick

Charlotte DeBel
sick

Gives shin_gear a hug.

shin_gear
Gives shin_gear a hug. Aww bluelove

Sado22
blushing
love
jump

~The Silverhaired Ladies Poster Sado-sama
P.S. *destroys gears*

shin_gear
bluelove

Bluelove > All

Sol Valentine
that's a semen onion y'know.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.