Wolverine vs Peter Petrelli

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
Could Peter hold his on or even possibly defeat Wolverine?

This is of course assuming that Wolverine isn't immortal. And I'd like to discuss any and all versions of Peter and which if any could pull it off.

I think it be a hell of a fight because they both have similar healing factors and Logan's got tons of more experience while Peter's got power in spades already.

What do yall think?

Again you can use any version of Peter to talk about. Weather it be old school Peter, current amnesia Peter, or the Five Years Gone Peter.

DestinyGuy678
peter is on supermans level probably, he stops time and then vaporizes wolverine by going nuclear, then transports his skeleton to the jurrasic period, no to mention he has a bette rhaling factor than wolverine seeing as he can grow back limbs

Battlehammer
.........Logan has regrown his head before...........

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by Battlehammer
.........Logan has regrown his head before........... Whenz?

Entity
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
peter is on supermans level probably, he stops time and then vaporizes wolverine by going nuclear, then transports his skeleton to the jurrasic period, no to mention he has a bette rhaling factor than wolverine seeing as he can grow back limbs I far form think his healing factor is better than Logan's. I'd say they're about even thou. But your not taking Peter's character into consideration. He's just not experienced enough yet to just do all of that. Even thou he should be completely capable of it.

His experience level is what makes this fight interesting. If he got some kind of warning he could turn invisible and use flight or telekinesis to make this an incredible fight thou.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
Whenz?

wolverine 31 or 2

masterbruce
.........Logan has regrown his head before........... that's still kinda speculative

since it was never SHOWN, only described in a caption

Battlehammer
Originally posted by masterbruce
that's still kinda speculative

since it was never SHOWN, only described in a caption

it was stated they decapitated him there nothing to speculated over its a fact..........

DestinyGuy678
peter can still phase through all of his attack and a couple of super strength hits to the head would knock him out

Entity
peter can still phase through all of his attack and a couple of super strength hits to the head would knock him out You realise those superstrenght hits would be againist adamantium? A substance much harder than anything in the heroes universe.

Symmetric Chaos
Pete tears him in half. Adamantium be damned.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by Entity
You realise those superstrenght hits would be againist adamantium? A substance much harder than anything in the heroes universe. namor knocked him out with a hit to the back of the head, with peters regeneration and super strength it would only hurt a litle

Entity
namor knocked him out with a hit to the back of the head, with peters regeneration and super strength it would only hurt a litle Yea cause when those Irish thugs were knocking him around it looked like it only hurt alittle.

And they weren't even using anything but their fist from what I saw.

DestinyGuy678
Yea cause when those Irish thugs were knocking him around it looked like it only hurt alittle.

And they weren't even using anything but their fist from what I saw. you forget he has no memory of his powers, who he is, or where he was. he was in complete shock, however when he wanted to defend himself he did it like it was nothing

python99
this is rediculous
Peter has can fly, read minds,move objects with his mind, can go invisible, has some serious healing power, can go nuclear. Heck he absorbs the powers of people he goes near. Also he can stop time, and its just a matter of time before he starts using time travel. Logan stands no chance.

Validus
Five Years Gone Peter could win. Stop time and toy with him any number of ways. Any other Peter might as well be retarded.

Entity
you forget he has no memory of his powers, who he is, or where he was. he was in complete shock, however when he wanted to defend himself he did it like it was nothing Don't really see how that matters to the point I was making. Peter doesn't have any enhanced durability other than healing.

In other words. If someone hits him with adamantium fist its still gonna feel like one of use being hit with a steel rod from what I can tell.

I love Peter incredibly but he's far from unstoppable. Especially to the likes of Surfer and Wolverine.

ESPECIALLY SURFER!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Validus
Five Years Gone Peter could win. Stop time and toy with him any number of ways. Any other Peter might as well be retarded. That sig is beyond great.

It makes me want to throw a hadoken.

Entity
Five Years Gone Peter could win. Stop time and toy with him any number of ways. Any other Peter might as well be retarded. Thats basically what I was thinking.

Thou I do think current Peter would put up a fight. Sure he'd lose eventually but I still think he'd give Logan a fight as long as Logan didn't suprise attack him.

Validus
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
That sig is beyond great.

It makes me want to throw a hadoken.
Why thank you, old bean.

Cosmic Cube
Why thank you, old bean. I was just about to admonish you for not responding promptly.

A little more timely next time, please. erm

Validus
Apologies. sad

Captain REX
Hey, something I can actually debate on...

Tim Kring has stated that those with regeneration (Kensei, Claire, Peter) have a different feeling of pain than we do when they are hurt. They still feel the pressure, but not exactly the high levels of pain someone would feel from being skewered or having a limb removed.

Peter has a very wide range of powers; the problem is experience. There are several combinations that Peter could use against Logan, phasing through attacks, tossing him about with telekinesis, zapping him, nuking him, so on and so forth, but the problem is more based on Peter's inexperience using such abilities against other evolved humans.

Entity
Originally posted by Captain REX

Tim Kring has stated that those with regeneration (Kensei, Claire, Peter) have a different feeling of pain than we do when they are hurt. They still feel the pressure, but not exactly the high levels of pain someone would feel from being skewered or having a limb removed.

Peter has a very wide range of powers; the problem is experience. There are several combinations that Peter could use against Logan, phasing through attacks, tossing him about with telekinesis, zapping him, nuking him, so on and so forth, but the problem is more based on Peter's inexperience using such abilities against other evolved humans. Didn't know that about the pain.

Otherwise completely agree

Cosmic Cube
Apologies. sad It's ok. wink

lando005
wolverine's screwed here let's say we use 5 years gone peter he could easily freeze time and liquify the adamantium in his body, or teleport him over the pacific or phase him half way through a wall.... the list goes on

Captain REX
We don't know that Peter actually has liquifaction.

Five Years Gone Peter scares me.

lando005
We don't know that Peter actually has liquifaction.

Five Years Gone Peter scares me. he does we know he has all of sylar's powers as well which include liqufication of metals

Battlehammer
.........how is he gunna liqufy adamatium?

lando005
.........how is he gunna liqufy adamatium? the same way he and sylar liquify other metals it's one of their powers

Battlehammer
yes but other metals are not unbreakable.

lando005
yes but other metals are not unbreakable. that would be true if it was force being applied but the way they go about doing it is more of manipulation than anything from the looks of it they change the properties into a liquid state

lando005
it may be near unbreakable but it's molecules can still be manipulated

DestinyGuy678

Peter has a very wide range of powers; the problem is experience. There are several combinations that Peter could use against Logan, phasing through attacks, tossing him about with telekinesis, zapping him, nuking him, so on and so forth, but the problem is more based on Peter's inexperience using such abilities against other evolved humans. yes however, his time freezing is one of his easiet abilities t omanipulate especially in this fight, when wolverine came in to kill him , he closes his eys, opens them and everything is frozen...once timee is frozen it's over

starlock
i have to go with peter for the win

just way to many options,just to many

Validus
Originally posted by lando005
he does we know he has all of sylar's powers as well which include liqufication of metals
Peter doesn't have all of Sylar's abilities. Just the ones Sylar has used while around him.

Soljer
Isn't the liquefying of metals NOT melting them, but rather, simply manipulating their molecular structure?

The same way Magneto was capable, and the same way the infinity gauntlet was capable?

celestialdemon
he does we know he has all of sylar's powers as well which include liqufication of metals

He doesn't have all of Sylar's powers. The only one he does is telekinesis. He's never demonstrated any of the others.

lando005
he may not have demonstrated all of them but he does have them. It's not like someone has to use their powers near him for him to copy them for instance claire's powers are proactive in the sense that it's always working she didnt have to do anything for him to copy it just come close, and he was also able to copy DL's powers without him phasing.... he has all of sylar's abilites

Entity
More so he replicated both Issac and Ted's powers without them using them infront of him. wink

starlock
I think peter gets the powers even if they are not demonstated, but he needs an outside stimuli to activate them

I.E not being able to get out of the ropes built up stress...whammo phasing, its obviously easier to see the power demonstrated first, but i think he gets them anyway

python99
Peter stands next to logan, gains his healing abilities. then what? who dies? Peter has this in the bag

starlock
Originally posted by python99
Peter stands next to logan, gains his healing abilities. then what? who dies? Peter has this in the bag

Hey i have had this dicussion with a friend...would peter or for that matter sylar be able to get powers from mutants? i would guess so, is it even a debate?

celestialdemon
he may not have demonstrated all of them but he does have them. It's not like someone has to use their powers near him for him to copy them for instance claire's powers are proactive in the sense that it's always working she didnt have to do anything for him to copy it just come close, and he was also able to copy DL's powers without him phasing.... he has all of sylar's abilites

But D.L. and Sylar are different beings. We aren't completely sure how Sylar or Peter's powers work. It could be Peter's body only got the chance to aborb one of his abilities.

If he took all of Sylar's abilities, he would have his memory power also. That would really come in handy right about now since he can't remember anything.

I'm falling under the group that believes until he actually demonstrates the power, he doesn't have it.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by starlock
I think peter gets the powers even if they are not demonstated, but he needs an outside stimuli to activate them

I.E not being able to get out of the ropes built up stress...whammo phasing, its obviously easier to see the power demonstrated first, but i think he gets them anyway

Trying to remember who he is would be a great stimulus for his memory power to kick in if he took that from Sylar, also.

Validus
The thing that convinces me he doesn't have all the powers is that Peter hasn't displayed super hearing. When Sylar first got that ability he couldn't control it at all and Sylar has always had far better control than Peter. Also, the person who had the power originally couldn't control it either.

celestialdemon
The thing that convinces me he doesn't have all the powers is that Peter hasn't displayed super hearing. When Sylar first got that ability he couldn't control it at all and Sylar has always had far better control than Peter. Also, the person who had the power originally couldn't control it either.

That's true. Forgot about that.

starlock
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Trying to remember who he is would be a great stimulus for his memory power to kick in if he took that from Sylar, also.

True but we are dealing with story arch stuff,it wouldnt surprise me though, but he has gotten powers that were not demonstrated, time will tell( i hope)
Do you think the hatian gave him the memory loss?( peter seems to have the hatains necklace now)
Or did he loose his memory blowing himself up?

celestialdemon
Originally posted by starlock
True but we are dealing with story arch stuff,it wouldnt surprise me though, but he has gotten powers that were not demonstrated, time will tell( i hope)
Do you think the hatian gave him the memory loss?( peter seems to have the hatains necklace now)
Or did he loose his memory blowing himself up?

Don't know. It will be interesting to see, though. I'm sure they will reveal what happened in an upcoming episode.

Gecko4lif
peter rapes him if this is futrue peter

he is WAY to vesitile to lose to wolverine

Da Pittman

DestinyGuy678
But D.L. and Sylar are different beings. We aren't completely sure how Sylar or Peter's powers work. It could be Peter's body only got the chance to aborb one of his abilities.

If he took all of Sylar's abilities, he would have his memory power also. That would really come in handy right about now since he can't remember anything.

I'm falling under the group that believes until he actually demonstrates the power, he doesn't have it. no because he absorbs the power subconiously, and he has to know what it feels like when beings used by the one he gained it from, it's not tat he cant use ot, it's that he doesn't knnow how

DestinyGuy678
Don't know. It will be interesting to see, though. I'm sure they will reveal what happened in an upcoming episode. if he gained the hatians power, he can be one of the few people who can kill wolverine, power negation, which means wolverine gets no healing, then goes nucleaar and wolverine's dead

celestialdemon
no because he absorbs the power subconiously, and he has to know what it feels like when beings used by the one he gained it from, it's not tat he cant use ot, it's that he doesn't knnow how

Not necessarily true. When he was being interrogated by Matt, he had no idea Matt was reading his mind. Still, Peter absorbed his power and was able to use it also with absolutely no contol over it.

celestialdemon
if he gained the hatians power, he can be one of the few people who can kill wolverine, power negation, which means wolverine gets no healing, then goes nucleaar and wolverine's dead

I'm not sure. Has he ever demonstrated being able to use two abilities simultaneously?

DestinyGuy678
Not necessarily true. When he was being interrogated by Matt, he had no idea Matt was reading his mind. Still, Peter absorbed his power and was able to use it also with absolutely no contol over it. no it's a fact thatts how his powers are described, especially since without control over his powers he tended to use them immediatly when i nthe same place as the person using them

DestinyGuy678
I'm not sure. Has he ever demonstrated being able to use two abilities simultaneously? pretty sure when he fell of the car, he healed and turned invisible to finish healing

Gecko4lif
Peter time stops
Hits logan in the face with a couple hundred haymakers
Then starts times again

Then pet phases logan's brain out a nukes it

Then he nuke the body

nuthing but a skelington remains

nothing organic to regen from

DestinyGuy678
peter is on silver surfer/suerman level if we're talking full power

celestialdemon
pretty sure when he fell of the car, he healed and turned invisible to finish healing

I'll have to watch that again, because I don't remember that happening at the same time.

Validus
You're kidding me right? What could Peter do to either of them? Stop time and stare at them?

Gecko4lif

Ummmm no.......

DestinyGuy678
You're kidding me right? What could Peter do to either of them? Stop time and stare at them? stop time, then to superman he could phase his brain out of his head

DARKLORDCAEDUS

Peter has a very wide range of powers; the problem is experience. There are several combinations that Peter could use against Logan, phasing through attacks, tossing him about with telekinesis, zapping him, nuking him, so on and so forth, but the problem is more based on Peter's inexperience using such abilities against other evolved humans.

Peter could give Logan a fight, but eventually even if Peter is successful in liquefying his adamantium skeleton, Logan could very well grow it back. Are we even certain that any of Peter's abilities will even harm Logan?

Draco69
stop time, then to superman he could phase his brain out of his head

That's been tried already.

And it failed.

Draco69
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Peter could give Logan a fight, but eventually even if Peter is successful in liquefying his adamantium skeleton, Logan could very well grow it back. Are we even certain that any of Peter's abilities will even harm Logan?

Nuking him is his best attack.

However he spent half a season trying NOT to go nuclear so he won't...

Symmetric Chaos

In terms of sheer power I suppose an argument could be made thanks to his sheer variety of power. But he wouldn't have the slightest chance in a fight against people like them.

Validus
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
In terms of sheer power I suppose an argument could be made thanks to his sheer variety of power.
Not a very good argument though.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by Draco69
That's been tried already.

And it failed. brain and heart...if I remember the only reason he survived without a eart is because there was a miniature sun next to him

batdude123

Since it's the exact opposite of what Validus says...

A great argument could be made that Peter is not only in Surfer's and Superman's league, but that he could easily solo them. herbnana

Draco69
brain and heart...if I remember the only reason he survived without a eart is because there was a miniature sun next to him

His bioaura disrupts phasing.

It's been tried. And it failed.

lando005
this can be seen as a spite thread there shouldn't be any way wolverine should win even once the poster has allowed us to pick any version of peter which the one with the most xp is 5 years gone and he would absolutely murder logan

Draco69
this can be seen as a spite thread there shouldn't be any way wolverine should win even once the poster has allowed us to pick any version of peter which the one with the most xp is 5 years gone and he would absolutely murder logan

Agreed. Neo...er I mean, Alternate Future Petrelli would curbstomp Wolverine.

However, current simply doesn't have the exp. to take the majority.

Symmetric Chaos

Step 1: Stop time
Step 2: Experiment

Seems pretty good to me herbnone

batdude123
Originally posted by Draco69
Agreed. Neo...er I mean, Alternate Future Petrelli would curbstomp Wolverine.

However, current simply doesn't have the exp. to take the majority.

Forget you and your so-called "logic," Draco!

batdude123
Step 1: Stop time
Step 2: Experiment

Seems pretty good to me herbnone

What a sexcellent way to debate, SC.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by batdude123
What a sexcellent way to debate, SC.

Why thank you.

srankmissingnin
Peter gets his ass kicked every time he gets into a scuffle, he is a light weight with out a lick of sense. Anyone who thinks he is in the same league as Surfer and Superman has been off their meds for a long time and should be reported to the authorities.

batdude123
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Peter gets his ass kicked every time he gets into a scuffle, he is a light weight with out a lick of sense. Anyone who thinks he is in the same league as Surfer and Superman has been off their meds for a long time and should be reported to the authorities.

Robin Hood is teh gayest.

Symmetric Chaos

'kay . . . he should be able to at least survive meeting Logan though.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by batdude123

Robin Hood is teh gayest.

Compared to Peter Petrelli he is straightest guy on the block and unlike Heroes... something actually happens in an episode of Robin Hood.

Validus
Not really. If the healing ability comes from his brain well then....

batdude123
Compared to Peter Petrelli he is straightest guy on the block and unlike Heroes... something actually happens in an episode of Robin Hood.

I don't even watch Heroes, pal. pfft

Validus
I believe you have Heroes confused with Smallville.

srankmissingnin

Which of any of his fights would suggest that? His amazing showings against Sylar? His biggist claim to fame is beating up some cannon fodder... Wolverine would steam roll current Peter.

Future Peter would win though.

DestinyGuy678
Not really. If the healing ability comes from his brain well then.... nohe healed from a glass blade through the head, his healing factor is just as good if not better than logans, he could most likely regrow his head since he can regrow limbs..not to mention he survived a nuclear explosion, (if him exploding doesn't count claire stopped one too) he also heals much faster I remember it took wolverine a couple of hours to regrow his muscle tissue, while with his healing ability it takes a couple of seconds

this isn't a contest at all, peter stops time phases logans brain out, KO

If logan got to close telekinetic blast a few yards awa then nuclear blast...so many ways for him to win

DestinyGuy678
Which of any of his fights would suggest that? His amazing showings against Sylar? His biggist claim to fame is beating up some cannon fodder... Wolverine would steam roll current Peter.

Future Peter would win though. I'm pretty sure his fight against sylar is called PIS I think, he could've easily stopped time and finished off sylar as easy as hiro did

Validus
nohe healed from a glass blade through the head, his healing factor is just as good if not better than logans, he could most likely regrow his head since he can regrow limbs..not to mention he survived a nuclear explosion, (if him exploding doesn't count claire stopped one too) he also heals much faster I remember it took wolverine a couple of hours to regrow his muscle tissue, while with his healing ability it takes a couple of seconds
The glass blade injury only healed once the blade was removed. If Logan cut off Pete's head or through his head, there's nothing to suggest he could heal from it.

The manner in which he isn't exploded isn't known. It could have just been a huge release of nuclear energy.

Logan's best healing feats far surpass Peter. Not even a competition.
I'm pretty sure his fight against sylar is called PIS I think, he could've easily stopped time and finished off sylar as easy as hiro did
It's called CIS which the thead maker never said didn't apply.

Entity
It's called CIS which the thead maker never said didn't apply.

Your right about the CIS but I actually don't believe that was CIS at all really.
I mean Peter was only starting to understand how to control his abilities and so far only a few of them at that. So really I don't think it was CIS in that he just wasn't experienced enough or even quite aware how to use Hiro's abilities yet. So its not something he knew to do and just chose not to for a retarded reason. Its something he's able to do but doesn't yet realise what or how.

Hell if you've noticed Hiro has tons of trouble with that power alone. More so than any other singularly powered individual. So it makes since that if its that hard for him its by far going to be harder for Peter and probably the hardest of his powers to learn to master.

Validus
I'm not talking about the time stop thing. Peter really didn't do anything to Sylar except get force choked. He was totally helpless until Nikki stepped in. Afterwards he punched him a few times. Does that sound like someone who is going to beat Logan?

DestinyGuy678
Your right about the CIS but I actually don't believe that was CIS at all really.
I mean Peter was only starting to understand how to control his abilities and so far only a few of them at that. So really I don't think it was CIS in that he just wasn't experienced enough or even quite aware how to use Hiro's abilities yet. So its not something he knew to do and just chose not to for a retarded reason. Its something he's able to do but doesn't yet realise what or how.

Hell if you've noticed Hiro has tons of trouble with that power alone. More so than any other singularly powered individual. So it makes since that if its that hard for him its by far going to be harder for Peter and probably the hardest of his powers to learn to master. no he controls it fine now, and peter has already used it so it shouldn't be that hard for hi mto do it again, especially since all he had to d owas remember the peoples emoions...hiros was bursting with emotion

DestinyGuy678
I'm not talking about the time stop thing. Peter really didn't do anything to Sylar except get force choked. He was totally helpless until Nikki stepped in. Afterwards he punched him a few times. Does that sound like someone who is going to beat Logan? the fight is at their maximum capacity, no to mention sylar got the jump on peter, he appeared from behind and began to choke him,

and peter has gotten more abilities since then, Peter could easily phase through any of wolverine attacks or heal from them just as easy, all peter has to do is stop time which he can do

Validus
the fight is at their maximum capacity, no to mention sylar got the jump on peter, he appeared from behind and began to choke him,
They had a standoff and a short conversation beforehand. Peter was just too stupid to attack first. Don't sugarcoat it.

and peter has gotten more abilities since then, Peter could easily phase through any of wolverine attacks or heal from them just as easy, all peter has to do is stop time which he can do
You're giving Peter more credit than even Peter gives Peter. This is Wolverine Vs Peter Petrelli, not Wolverine Vs You with Peter Petrelli's powers.

lando005

You're giving Peter more credit than even Peter gives Peter. This is Wolverine Vs Peter Petrelli, not Wolverine Vs You with Peter Petrelli's powers. this is also wolverine vs any version of peter petrelli so wouldn't the most experianced peter be the best one to choose for this

Validus
this is also wolverine vs any version of peter petrelli so wouldn't the most experianced peter be the best one to choose for this
I already addressed that.
Five Years Gone Peter could win. Stop time and toy with him any number of ways. Any other Peter might as well be retarded.

DestinyGuy678
They had a standoff and a short conversation beforehand. Peter was just too stupid to attack first. Don't sugarcoat it.

You're giving Peter more credit than even Peter gives Peter. This is Wolverine Vs Peter Petrelli, not Wolverine Vs You with Peter Petrelli's powers.

you're under estimating peter, even without time stopping he can still heal, phase, shoot electrisity, and use his telekinetic power with ease, and still you assumin gpeter never uses one of his strongest abilities, he's definently gotten stronger someone how after his fight with sylar

Validus
you're under estimating peter, even without time stopping he can still heal, phase, shoot electrisity, and use his telekinetic power with ease, and still you assumin gpeter never uses one of his strongest abilities, he's definently gotten stronger someone how after his fight with sylar
How am I underestimating him? The guy is a terrible fighter. Call me crazy but I don't put much stock in him beating up some cannon fodder Irish thugs. This is still the same guy who had the bright idea of turning invisible against Sylar and letting him shoot glass shards into his head. He stood there and watched a person shoot glass shards at him. Why should I believe he's suddenly wise enough to phase Logan's balls off and whatnot?

I already said a smart Peter (5 Years Gone) would likely win here but currently? He gets skewered.

grey fox
How am I underestimating him? The guy is a terrible fighter. Call me crazy but I don't put much stock in him beating up some cannon fodder Irish thugs. This is still the same guy who had the bright idea of turning invisible against Sylar and letting him shoot glass shards into his head. He stood there and watched a person shoot glass shards at him. Why should I believe he's suddenly wise enough to phase Logan's balls off and whatnot?

I already said a smart Peter (5 Years Gone) would likely win here but currently? He gets skewered.

Admittedly he didn't know WHAT Sylar was going to do, and while i'm not sure I think it was MUCH faster then the episode portrayed thanks to the 'slow-mo'. Also note that it went into the back of Peters head. IMO he was attempting to escape.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by grey fox
Admittedly he didn't know WHAT Sylar was going to do, and while i'm not sure I think it was MUCH faster then the episode portrayed thanks to the 'slow-mo'. Also note that it went into the back of Peters head. IMO he was attempting to escape. And leave mohinder to get raped by sylar, that douchebag! mad

Battlehammer
that kid from hero's? that kid get curf stomped.

also his best healing feat is trash next to logans.

srankmissingnin
Apparently Peter can't even survive a shotgun blast to the head.

JediPrime
Current Peter is fully capable of keeping distance from Wolverine with telekinesis, force choke, teleportation, or simply flying at a safe distance. He could then use lightning strikes and work on trying to go nuclear.

In addition to what others have said, full potential Peter should also have Parkman's reality warping and mind control. There wouldn't be a fight at all.

Battlehammer
yes buts this is not full potential peter this is current peter. current peter a novice who pritty awful with his abilities.

Not to mention Logan could literally speed blizt him

DarkCrawler
I'm sorry. Peter is a retard, with his powers and in other situations too. Logan is a trained, experienced killer. Peter dies a horrible death.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I'm sorry. Peter is a retard, with his powers and in other situations too. Logan is a trained, experienced killer. Peter dies a horrible death.

My thoughts.

also people for get he a normal human with normal human reflexes.

Logan could close likly kill pete before he realized what happen.

spetznaz
You realise those superstrenght hits would be againist adamantium? A substance much harder than anything in the heroes universe.

Those hits wouldn't be against adamantium ....they would be against Wolverine's flesh, which has an adamantium skeleton underneath. It would actually be Logan's flesh impacting the adamantium.

Anyways, that is all moot in the first place.

For one, this is not about Peter with a healing factor vs Wolvie with a healing factor. The OP stated that this was between any version of Petrelli (including the future one, who has all those powers that he had accumulated over the past 5 years) against Wolverine. The Peter who has the fight in the future against Sylar, and both are simply unleashing all sorts of energies.

Now, Wolverine could win if he managed to shove a claw into the sweet spot in the back of Peter's head, or maybe decapitating the sucker all together. That is possible (because we do not know what other powers Peter may have accumulated in the future that may stop that). And this is if we ignore the fact that Wolvie is a mutant whose power is his healing factor, and Peter is a mutant whose power is to absorb the powers of other mutants (and unlike Rogue this effect doesn't require tactile contact ....simply being in the immediatevicinity will do).

However, Logan wouldn't have the chance to get close enough to do that. Which is something that people always do when it comes to certain characters who HAVE TO HAVE TACTILE CONTACT TO DO DAMAGE.

Wolverine is a perfect example of such. Even if he has someone to throw him (i.e. that trick of his with Colossus), he will ONLY DO DAMAGE if he manages to get his claws on the person. He HAS to come into contact with a person.

Now, the rules stipulate that characters know general info about the other character, and that they fight to their maximum.

Why in goodness name would Peter allow Logan to get within 25 feet of him? He'd be blasting him with everything from ice to pure nuclear streams of energy ....and i wander what would happen if he turned intangible, walked to where Wolverine was, got inside him, and simply exploded with the detonation level of a city-busting thermonuclear bomb!

Wolverine, at the end of the day, is a mutant who has a good healing factor (not the best, even in MArvel, but a pretty good one nonetheless), superlative martial arts training (one of the best trainings, and definitely one of the best experience levels), and a nearly-unbreakable skeleton that encapsulate one of Wolvie's other mutant traits .... a set of bone claws that terminate in his hands (which are wrapped in adamantium which allows them to cut through almost anything).

That is what Wolvie is. And while it might appear impressive, it is actually quite limiting when it comes to the type of characters that people usually match him up with. At the end of the day, Wolverine is simply a slash-n-hack uni-dimensional character who cannot hang with many of the people he supposedly hangs out with (if PIS was stripped out).

And he will not hang out with a mutant (yes, it is a TV show, but they are mutants) who (I am using the future variant, since I was allowed to) is a battle-hardened refugee who has the power sets of AT LEAST one or two complete X-Men teams all wrapped in one person.

Anyways, answer me this:

What will Wolverine do if Peter stops time? How will his shiny adamantium ginsu knives help him then, and his healing factor needs time to work (i.e. cellular healing may be fast in his case, but it still needs SOME time ....be it minutes). If Peter decides to do the whole explosion thing, with time stopped, while being inside Wolvie ....what happens to dear Logan?

janus77
Petrelli wins this with ridiculous ease.
just TK's wolverine to death.
or pours molten metal over wolverine (I think he's got that power since his fight with Syler), since Wolverine's too weak to break out.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by spetznaz
Those hits wouldn't be against adamantium ....they would be against Wolverine's flesh, which has an adamantium skeleton underneath. It would actually be Logan's flesh impacting the adamantium.

Anyways, that is all moot in the first place.

For one, this is not about Peter with a healing factor vs Wolvie with a healing factor. The OP stated that this was between any version of Petrelli (including the future one, who has all those powers that he had accumulated over the past 5 years) against Wolverine. The Peter who has the fight in the future against Sylar, and both are simply unleashing all sorts of energies.

Now, Wolverine could win if he managed to shove a claw into the sweet spot in the back of Peter's head, or maybe decapitating the sucker all together. That is possible (because we do not know what other powers Peter may have accumulated in the future that may stop that). And this is if we ignore the fact that Wolvie is a mutant whose power is his healing factor, and Peter is a mutant whose power is to absorb the powers of other mutants (and unlike Rogue this effect doesn't require tactile contact ....simply being in the immediatevicinity will do).

However, Logan wouldn't have the chance to get close enough to do that. Which is something that people always do when it comes to certain characters who HAVE TO HAVE TACTILE CONTACT TO DO DAMAGE.

Wolverine is a perfect example of such. Even if he has someone to throw him (i.e. that trick of his with Colossus), he will ONLY DO DAMAGE if he manages to get his claws on the person. He HAS to come into contact with a person.

Now, the rules stipulate that characters know general info about the other character, and that they fight to their maximum.

Why in goodness name would Peter allow Logan to get within 25 feet of him? He'd be blasting him with everything from ice to pure nuclear streams of energy ....and i wander what would happen if he turned intangible, walked to where Wolverine was, got inside him, and simply exploded with the detonation level of a city-busting thermonuclear bomb!

Wolverine, at the end of the day, is a mutant who has a good healing factor (not the best, even in MArvel, but a pretty good one nonetheless), superlative martial arts training (one of the best trainings, and definitely one of the best experience levels), and a nearly-unbreakable skeleton that encapsulate one of Wolvie's other mutant traits .... a set of bone claws that terminate in his hands (which are wrapped in adamantium which allows them to cut through almost anything).

That is what Wolvie is. And while it might appear impressive, it is actually quite limiting when it comes to the type of characters that people usually match him up with. At the end of the day, Wolverine is simply a slash-n-hack uni-dimensional character who cannot hang with many of the people he supposedly hangs out with (if PIS was stripped out).

And he will not hang out with a mutant (yes, it is a TV show, but they are mutants) who (I am using the future variant, since I was allowed to) is a battle-hardened refugee who has the power sets of AT LEAST one or two complete X-Men teams all wrapped in one person.

Anyways, answer me this:

What will Wolverine do if Peter stops time? How will his shiny adamantium ginsu knives help him then, and his healing factor needs time to work (i.e. cellular healing may be fast in his case, but it still needs SOME time ....be it minutes). If Peter decides to do the whole explosion thing, with time stopped, while being inside Wolvie ....what happens to dear Logan?

your posts are always so dam long. lol

I like to mention of few things. There not mutants nor was it ever stated.

Future peter would win. any other version is a novice who fights like an idiot. His cis would be his down fall.

also depending on how far they are apart logan could litterally kill him before he new what happen. He still has normal human reaction time.

also If Logan dove through him while he was intangable he get KOed.

just some food for thought

janus77
Wolverine couldn't kill Peter with the claws. he'd heal from them, pretty quickly.

all Peter needs to do is form a THOUGHT and Wolverine's on death row.

1. lift Wolverine in the air, with a TK choke.
2. melt his flesh with focused nuclear blasts.
3. pour molten metal over wolverine's fleshless form.
4. watch him suffocate to death as the molten metal hardens over his mouth.

this is too easy.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by janus77
Wolverine couldn't kill Peter with the claws. he'd heal from them, pretty quickly.

all Peter needs to do is form a THOUGHT and Wolverine's on death row.

1. lift Wolverine in the air, with a TK choke.
2. melt his flesh with focused nuclear blasts.
3. pour molten metal over wolverine's fleshless form.
4. watch him suffocate to death as the molten metal hardens over his mouth.

this is too easy.

To bad cis stops him from all that. He a novice. Who sucks with his powers.

only version that wins is future. The rest of him are jsut to dam awful with there powers to beat Logan.

Logan I said If there any were close to eachother with in 50 feet peter could likly die for he gets and attack off.

oh and if Logan cut off peter head he die. Which logan would do.

janus77
1) no specific version of Peter was stated so no "cis" possible
2) Peter might be a novice but he's not stupid about Wolverine's threat, he knows he needs to keep him distant, thus the TK choke.
3) Wolverine isn't fast enough to cut Peter's head before Peter stops time (and heals from the wound).

Battlehammer
Originally posted by janus77
1) no specific version of Peter was stated so no "cis" possible
2) Peter might be a novice but he's not stupid about Wolverine's threat, he knows he needs to keep him distant, thus the TK choke.
3) Wolverine isn't fast enough to cut Peter's head before Peter stops time (and heals from the wound).

Thats why every one says future version would win any other would get stomped.

actaully peter pritty dam stupid with his powers.

actaully Logan deffiently fast enough..........Logan has speed blizt soldier who were trained to take meta humans...........peter reaction time would be well below theres.

spetznaz
your posts are always so dam long. lol

I like to mention of few things. There not mutants nor was it ever stated.

Future peter would win. any other version is a novice who fights like an idiot. His cis would be his down fall.

also depending on how far they are apart logan could litterally kill him before he new what happen. He still has normal human reaction time.

also If Logan dove through him while he was intangable he get KOed.

just some food for thought

1) Reason why they tend to be longer the average is because I try to put some logic into them. This insures against stupid one-line comments, like the one from the fella in pg 5 who stated that Wolverine could regrow his Adamantium skeleton ....Wolvie has been overhyped and made into one of the most PIS/CIS-ridden jokes out there, but to date no one has made him regrow ADAMANTIUM!

2) They are mutants. Not X-men mutants ....but mutants. A mutant is an individual who has a trait or attribute that is markedly different from that of the baseline. A progression (positive mutation), or regression (negative mutation). Happens all the time. And you claim that the people in Heroes are not mutants ....LOL. what are they then? What is the series about? That book that keeps popping up ....what is it about? The reason I find this funny is it reminds me of an incident when i was in 3rd grade ....a teacher asked about mutation (I schooled in Kenya before going to the US, and our education system - for those in private schools - is far better than what I found in the States ...but I digress), and i gave an explanation of what it was. An extremely basic explanation, since it was 3rd grade. And one of the students said that was a lie because it could only be found in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. To the kid anything with 'mutant' in it was a cartoon.
Anyways, they ARE mutants. And it runs THROUGHOUT the series.

3) Future Peter would win. That is what I was saying, and i mentioned it several times in that post. No need to repeat why, but suffice it to say that Wolverine would have no chance. I did not touch on the other versions, and do not care about them because the OP said people could choose which version they were going with. I chose 5 years later.

4) As for Logan jumping at Peter while he was intangible ....wouldn't happen. The version of Peter that I was using would end the fight before it even began ....and it wouldn't even be a fight. More of a beating.

As I said in my 'long' post, Wolverine is nothing more than a short hairy mangler/slasher with a very nice healing factor, great combat ability, and and bone claws and skeleton that are coated with nearly-unbreakable adamantium. Nice set of attributes, but they do not make the dude invincible.
Oh, and he still has to make contact with a person to do any damage to them. Which is his largest weakness in KMC battles (which are sans PIS/CIS)

Battlehammer
1) Reason why they tend to be longer the average is because I try to put some logic into them. This insures against stupid one-line comments, like the one from the fella in pg 5 who stated that Wolverine could regrow his Adamantium skeleton ....Wolvie has been overhyped and made into one of the most PIS/CIS-ridden jokes out there, but to date no one has made him regrow ADAMANTIUM!

2) They are mutants. Not X-men mutants ....but mutants. A mutant is an individual who has a trait or attribute that is markedly different from that of the baseline. A progression (positive mutation), or regression (negative mutation). Happens all the time. And you claim that the people in Heroes are not mutants ....LOL. what are they then? What is the series about? That book that keeps popping up ....what is it about? The reason I find this funny is it reminds me of an incident when i was in 3rd grade ....a teacher asked about mutation (I schooled in Kenya before going to the US, and our education system - for those in private schools - is far better than what I found in the States ...but I digress), and i gave an explanation of what it was. An extremely basic explanation, since it was 3rd grade. And one of the students said that was a lie because it could only be found in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. To the kid anything with 'mutant' in it was a cartoon.
Anyways, they ARE mutants. And it runs THROUGHOUT the series.

3) Future Peter would win. That is what I was saying, and i mentioned it several times in that post. No need to repeat why, but suffice it to say that Wolverine would have no chance. I did not touch on the other versions, and do not care about them because the OP said people could choose which version they were going with. I chose 5 years later.

4) As for Logan jumping at Peter while he was intangible ....wouldn't happen. The version of Peter that I was using would end the fight before it even began ....and it wouldn't even be a fight. More of a beating.

As I said in my 'long' post, Wolverine is nothing more than a short hairy mangler/slasher with a very nice healing factor, great combat ability, and and bone claws and skeleton that are coated with nearly-unbreakable adamantium. Nice set of attributes, but they do not make the dude invincible.
Oh, and he still has to make contact with a person to do any damage to them. Which is his largest weakness in KMC battles (which are sans PIS/CIS)
lol another one. Well if your talking about future peter I agree.

I would argue that little bit about logan being the most pis character out there, but then it be pointless. If you think that there really no changing your opinion on the matter.

when I ment he not a mutant I meant he not a mutant in the same sense as logan he does not have the x-gene. So it not likly he can copy Logan abilties like he can the other people in the show.

also the powers that you listed arnt his only powers, but I think you know that and just putt down the basic ones.

spetznaz
lol another one. Well if your talking about future peter I agree.

Cannot help myself. It is much easier to post a smiley than have some logic.

I would argue that little bit about logan being the most pis character out there, but then it be pointless. If you think that there really no changing your opinion on the matter.

Logan doesn't have the greatest amount of PIS out there. There are some characters that have SIGNIFICANTLY larger amounts when viewed from a relative basis, including one or two that I (sadly) happen to like. Secondly, I am a major fan of Wolverine, believe it or not. I just happen not to be a fanboy.
If only you used to post sometime in the past ....then you would understand why some of the older members SEEM to be anti-Logan. Some of the stupidity that used to exist is without peer.

when I ment he not a mutant I meant he not a mutant in the same sense as logan he does not have the x-gene.
And when I said he was a mutant I was not referring to X-men type mutants, but mutant as in different from the base species, and mutant in the manner that is repeatedly brought up in the series. A mutation that leads to augmented evolutionary process.
Thus I guess we agree on this one and can drop it.

So it not likly he can copy Logan abilties like he can the other people in the show.

That can be debated both ways, but there is no real need for it.

also the powers that you listed arnt his only powers, but I think you know that and just putt down the basic ones.

I am not sure whether you are referring to Peter (in which case his power set is truly dynamic and with the potential to be truly legion), or Wolverine (I believe this is the character you are referring to, and the one I will respond to).
Wolverine's mutant abilities are as follows:

- A healing factor: One of the better ones available in normal terms, and able to make him survive encounters that he otherwise would have no business getting involved in. His factor could actually be better, but it spends some of its potency fending off Adamantium poisoning (in more or less the same way that Cable's psi-powers would be higher if part of it wasn't always tasked in preventing the spread of the techno-virus)

- Bone claws: A set of claws, 3 on each hand, made of high density and highly durable bone. They are retractable. They are now coated with Adamantium, but that is not natural (although some people apparently think he can 'heal' Adamantium by replacing it). I have a comic from decades back where he doesn't even have claws ....but let's stick to the 'common' portrayal of Logan.

- Enhanced senses: Highly augmented senses ranging the gamut from smell to sight to others. Let's just say that if Peter turned invisible and tried to sneak up on Wolvie he would be dead. Simple.

Those are his mutant abilities (now, there are some extrapolations of the above ....e.g. he really doesn't age like others, and some of the issues i have hint at immortality, but this is due to his healing factor).

Thus, if there are other mutant abilities that Wolvie has that are not tied to the above, I would be very curious to know what they are. Seriously.

Based on your posts (and you are quite pro-Wolverine ....although thankfully you are a fan since you do back up what you say, unlike fanboys who just post 'Wolverine wins' and a series of smiley faces) you should be able to lucidly give extra mutations that I may not be aware of (I stopped collecting Wolverine in 1999, largely because the character i was buying and the character I used to like had diverged a lot. Someone told me that he healed from a Skeleton ....erm?????)

Anyways, if there are other powers please elaborate. Hopefully there are not the ones I used to see posted around 2 years ago that would enable him to defeat Superman!!!!!

Battlehammer
Cannot help myself. It is much easier to post a smiley than have some logic.

Logan doesn't have the greatest amount of PIS out there. There are some characters that have SIGNIFICANTLY larger amounts when viewed from a relative basis, including one or two that I (sadly) happen to like. Secondly, I am a major fan of Wolverine, believe it or not. I just happen not to be a fanboy.
If only you used to post sometime in the past ....then you would understand why some of the older members SEEM to be anti-Logan. Some of the stupidity that used to exist is without peer.

And when I said he was a mutant I was not referring to X-men type mutants, but mutant as in different from the base species, and mutant in the manner that is repeatedly brought up in the series. A mutation that leads to augmented evolutionary process.
Thus I guess we agree on this one and can drop it.

That can be debated both ways, but there is no real need for it.

I am not sure whether you are referring to Peter (in which case his power set is truly dynamic and with the potential to be truly legion), or Wolverine (I believe this is the character you are referring to, and the one I will respond to).
Wolverine's mutant abilities are as follows:

- A healing factor: One of the better ones available in normal terms, and able to make him survive encounters that he otherwise would have no business getting involved in. His factor could actually be better, but it spends some of its potency fending off Adamantium poisoning (in more or less the same way that Cable's psi-powers would be higher if part of it wasn't always tasked in preventing the spread of the techno-virus)

- Bone claws: A set of claws, 3 on each hand, made of high density and highly durable bone. They are retractable. They are now coated with Adamantium, but that is not natural (although some people apparently think he can 'heal' Adamantium by replacing it). I have a comic from decades back where he doesn't even have claws ....but let's stick to the 'common' portrayal of Logan.

- Enhanced senses: Highly augmented senses ranging the gamut from smell to sight to others. Let's just say that if Peter turned invisible and tried to sneak up on Wolvie he would be dead. Simple.

Those are his mutant abilities (now, there are some extrapolations of the above ....e.g. he really doesn't age like others, and some of the issues i have hint at immortality, but this is due to his healing factor).

Thus, if there are other mutant abilities that Wolvie has that are not tied to the above, I would be very curious to know what they are. Seriously.

Based on your posts (and you are quite pro-Wolverine ....although thankfully you are a fan since you do back up what you say, unlike fanboys who just post 'Wolverine wins' and a series of smiley faces) you should be able to lucidly give extra mutations that I may not be aware of (I stopped collecting Wolverine in 1999, largely because the character i was buying and the character I used to like had diverged a lot. Someone told me that he healed from a Skeleton ....erm?????)

Anyways, if there are other powers please elaborate. Hopefully there are not the ones I used to see posted around 2 years ago that would enable him to defeat Superman!!!!!

Oh I been around since before there was a versus forum lol. This is jsut another account name. Back then though Logan was thought of as a joke I mean I remeber peopel trying to say pysloke would beat logan in a match of skill lol. But ya black wolverine and so forth were rediculous.

ya lol i wasent very clear. I ment wolverine, but nvm. Since his other abilities are based off of one power or another. he has inhuman agility,stamina,reflex and so on, but there due to his healing factor as well as weapon x modifications.

He also has inhuman durability given to him by weapon x.

If you want a good reference to a good explaination on Logan and weapon x project i suggest the weapon x noval.

Berserker rage which is a power/mind set.

ya thats about it. He also seems to have empathy type deal.

He also has some type of immortality. He can come back from a simply skeleton due to his soul returning to his body.

another interesting thing you might not know is he actaully lived several lives and is recarnation of an ancient warrior.

I miss rage he was so funny. He also the reason I got banned, but it was not really his fault lol.

spetznaz
Oh I been around since before there was a versus forum lol. This is jsut another account name. Back then though Logan was thought of as a joke I mean I remeber peopel trying to say pysloke would beat logan in a match of skill lol. But ya black wolverine and so forth were rediculous.

ya lol i wasent very clear. I ment wolverine, but nvm. Since his other abilities are based off of one power or another. he has inhuman agility,stamina,reflex and so on, but there due to his healing factor as well as weapon x modifications.

He also has inhuman durability given to him by weapon x.

If you want a good reference to a good explaination on Logan and weapon x project i suggest the weapon x noval.

Berserker rage which is a power/mind set.

ya thats about it. He also seems to have empathy type deal.

He also has some type of immortality. He can come back from a simply skeleton due to his soul returning to his body.

another interesting thing you might not know is he actaully lived several lives and is recarnation of an ancient warrior.

I miss rage he was so funny. He also the reason I got banned, but it was not really his fault lol.

You honestly do not feel that whole 'soul recall' thing was basically taking a good thing too far? Like putting 50 inch wheels (monster truck) on a Lamborghini Gallardo?

Also, is it really a mutant ability or something more ...well ....'spiritual.'

Anyways, I like the character set for Logan (same for Bruce Banner/Hulk, which I especially love particularly due to its allusion to the Dr Jekyl/MrHyde duality). But both have been, for lack of a better term, 'stretched.'

Again, Wolvie. He is already good without soul recalls. Why add it?

It would be like someone taking Batman, and giving him the bat-kick power. Yeah, he has been shown doing ridiculous things with that side kick of his, but it is a running gag. Imagine if it was made into an actual power ....i.e. he is suddenly a meta with the ability to kick deity-powered angelic hosts/abstracts, 4th dimension gods, and who knows what ...and even draw blood!
That would change it from a gag into one of the worst decisions around.

Didn't know you were around for that long BTW. As long as your name was not Wolverine8888 you are alright in my book (and if you are, you are quite different. LOL)

Battlehammer
You honestly do not feel that whole 'soul recall' thing was basically taking a good thing too far? Like putting 50 inch wheels (monster truck) on a Lamborghini Gallardo?

Also, is it really a mutant ability or something more ...well ....'spiritual.'

Anyways, I like the character set for Logan (same for Bruce Banner/Hulk, which I especially love particularly due to its allusion to the Dr Jekyl/MrHyde duality). But both have been, for lack of a better term, 'stretched.'

Again, Wolvie. He is already good without soul recalls. Why add it?

It would be like someone taking Batman, and giving him the bat-kick power. Yeah, he has been shown doing ridiculous things with that side kick of his, but it is a running gag. Imagine if it was made into an actual power ....i.e. he is suddenly a meta with the ability to kick deity-powered angelic hosts/abstracts, 4th dimension gods, and who knows what ...and even draw blood!
That would change it from a gag into one of the worst decisions around.

Didn't know you were around for that long BTW. As long as your name was not Wolverine8888 you are alright in my book (and if you are, you are quite different. LOL)

Naw it aight. Becuases now it actaully explain that if he takes to much damage he actaully does infact die. So he no longer healing from almost nothing. He actaully dieing and being resurected.

It actaully beign explain as of now in the current run.

Also the whole recarnation thing has been around since one of his frist runs during the Ba'al arc. So it not really a new thing at all it been an idea out there for a very long time.

They added it to explain about those times when he has actaully died yet some how came back. like when magneto ripped his skeleton out and so forth.

Logan always had a spiritial aspect to him that been shown in a view of his arcs.

Lol I am wolverine8888, but I had many people use my account. I made the account originally used it for like two weeks stop and gave it to my brother. Then started usign again about a month or two before being banned, becuases of socking though i had a good reason which Rage knows about, but he gone.

spetznaz
Naw it aight. Becuases now it actaully explain that if he takes to much damage he actaully does infact die. So he no longer healing from almost nothing. He actaully dieing and being resurected.

It actaully beign explain as of now in the current run.

Also the whole recarnation thing has been around since one of his frist runs during the Ba'al arc. So it not really a new thing at all it been an idea out there for a very long time.

They added it to explain about those times when he has actaully died yet some how came back. like when magneto ripped his skeleton out and so forth.

Logan always had a spiritial aspect to him that been shown in a view of his arcs.

Lol I am wolverine8888, but I had many people use my account. I made the account originally used it for like two weeks stop and gave it to my brother. Then started usign again about a month or two before being banned, becuases of socking though i had a good reason which Rage knows about, but he gone.

LOL.

I knew that was probably what was going to happen. Anyways, it is all good.

LOL. Have a great weekend.

Battlehammer
LOL.

I knew that was probably what was going to happen. Anyways, it is all good.

LOL. Have a great weekend.

you too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.