Halo 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vinny Valentine
Shotgun!

Jumping Ahead in time.

.... It's coming, you all know it.

vincent

shin_gear
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! fearcry

Actually, it's going to rock, as did the last 3.

Well actually, there'd be no fight to finish. 313

Gideon
Personally? I don't think so. Yeah, they left it all open, but like Cortana said: 'Truth, the Covenant, the Flood. It's finished.' -- the very things that defined the struggle in the series is gone. Anything else would contradict the title of the series, introducing a whole new struggle. Going back would be enormously repetitive.

BackFire
Won't be titled "Halo 4". But there will be another Master Chief first person shooter, obviously. MS isn't stupid, it's free money for them.

Vinny Valentine
Master chief will be back, 100%....

shin_gear
Yes sirJz3br1q5wIQjKkDO2_Oyd4

Schecter
haha that was great

JKozzy
No Halo 4, but there will be more Master Chief games. Nobody with a brain would walk away from this, it's a guaranteed cash cow now. But Halo is done.

Smasandian
Why wouldnt it be called Halo 4?

Schecter
well, the halo story is a trilogy, 3 being the apparent conclusion. at least thats how its been advertised. as long as its bungee and the same theme is kept, i doubt it will matter what they call it.

shin_gear
It's going to be called the new Halo multiplayer with tons of new stuff, since Bungie wouldn't be focusing so much on story any more.

Originally posted by Schecter
haha that was great Yup. doped

Captain King
Guess what, it might not be called halo 4, but it'll deffinitely have the word halo in it.

You're not going to draw in a huge crowd without the world halo. People aren't going to think "Oh wow! Space Spartan Adventure! This is the next halo installment!"

Not everyone is that geeky. Why do computer nerds always presume others have no life either?

The market has to appeal to every kindof gamer, including the gamer who just likes halo and can tell it's halo by the name "Halo".

Wether or not halo was destroyed is irrelevant. I mean hell, not everyone game involves Link chasing Zelda, but you notice they never change the title "Legend of Zelda".

The only threat to Halo now is if Duke Nukem Forever comesout.

Which will never happen.

Newjak
Yeah MS would be stupid not to plan another Halo game.

Smasandian
They will still call it Halo.

The franchise has been established and if they create another FPS Halo, it will probably be called Halo 4.

Look at all the other franchises, they're still called the same name no matter what the storyline is.

Newjak
Originally posted by Smasandian
They will still call it Halo.

The franchise has been established and if they create another FPS Halo, it will probably be called Halo 4.

Look at all the other franchises, they're still called the same name no matter what the storyline is. Yeah I mean look at Halo Wars coming out.

Even if the game was all about the Arbiter (not a bad idea in my opinion) it would still be called Halo: Arbiter Wars or something like that.

shin_gear
SHIT...forgot about Halo Wars.

Of course, Halo is far, far from over. Hooray!

Newjak
Originally posted by shin_gear
SHIT...forgot about Halo Wars.

Of course, Halo is far, far from over. Hooray! I'm actually looking forward to Halo Wars. I love those kind of games

shin_gear
Me too.

WrathfulDwarf
Pretty much every Killer App for the 360 will eventually get a sequel.

Gears of War II....Bioshock II and why not..Halo 4.

However, I think Bungie might rename it to something else. Something like....I dunno...

...Master Chief Project or Spartan II.

Newjak
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Pretty much every Killer App for the 360 will eventually get a sequel.

Gears of War II....Bioshock II and why not..Halo 4.

However, I think Bungie might rename it to something else. Something like....I dunno...

...Master Chief Project or Spartan II. Double O Doughnut sounds cool

Hopefully everyone gets the reference big grin

Darkhalen
This is the last one for this story arc

Blax_Hydralisk
Possibly.

And Vinny, you're such a bastard. I was so going to make this.

((The_Anomaly))
There will be another FPS game starring Master Chief, and it will be called Halo 4 (or Halo *something*). They cant call it anything else, that's how people know what it is. You cant change the name of a franchise that large.

Darkhalen
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
There will be another FPS game starring Master Chief, and it will be called Halo 4 (or Halo *something*). They cant call it anything else, that's how people know what it is. You cant change the name of a franchise that large.

This game is only a Trilogy i'm not saying they won't make anymore Halo games just look at Halo wars however the Story involving Master chief, Gravemind, The Prophets, Arbiter and Cortana has come to an end a Trilogy and what a Trilogy in fact all games seem to be using trilogy formats the same is going to happen to Gears of War and Heavenly Sword.

WrathfulDwarf
I'd say that if there is a Halo 4 in the future. We might see it in the next 5 years.

The question is will it be on the Xbox 360 or the next gen Xbox?

JKozzy
Originally posted by Smasandian
Why wouldnt it be called Halo 4? Play the game and find out.

Burning thought
Halo 4, the fellowship of the assault rifles...

followed by

Halo 5, the two grunts

finally

Halo 6, return of the scarab gun

Bardiel13
Yeah, I can bet Master Chief is going to be back. The thing is, considering Halo's universe isn't all that diverse (compared to, say, Mass Effect's and Warhammer 40,000's), I'm not sure what MC would be fighting. I guess they could squeeze in a third enemy alien race, but Halo just wouldn't feel the same without the Covenant...

That or Halo 3 really was the end of Master Chief's story and Bungie's actually going to try to be adventurous and birth a new best-selling franchise for males age 13-30 to obsess over.

AstroFan
I would love it if there was another race of humans(or like humans anyway) but were far more advanced. Shooting big cartoony aliens isnt as engaging as shooting people.

I sound like a psycho there. laughing out loud

Schecter
how about a bunch of evil genetically cloned master chiefs?

Vinny Valentine
FYI, if you saw the secret ending movie (After the Credits) You'll know for sure theres a equal with a certain somebody. Chief

Bardiel13
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
FYI, if you saw the secret ending movie (After the Credits) You'll know for sure theres a equal with a certain somebody. Chief

It's not much of a spoiler. I think most of us already know MC didn't really die.

shin_gear
Crap...I want to play Halo 3. weep

Darth Sparrow
what did i tell you fools...as soon as halo 3 comes people look forward to the NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!?...? ummm....what's that thing...that thing you need ...umm um...oh yea, a life.

InnerRise
I thought you were going for the word "Patience."

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Darkhalen
MC Does NOT DIE BUT THIS IS THE END OF THIS STORY ARC THIS IS ONLY A TRILOGY AS IT HAS BEEN STATED THERE MAY BE ANOTHER GAME BUT IT WON'T CONTINUE FROM 3 IT MAY NOT HAVE THE SAME CHARACTERS

shin_gear
YOU DON'T HAVE TO YELL. haermm

Darkhalen
But I've said it so many times no one listens I know people want a 4th So do I but Halo was a trilogy and was meant to be a trilogy the story arc is finished these halo games and characters are finished and bungee has become independent so don't expect to see future installments until they become desperate

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Darkhalen
But I've said it so many times no one listens I know people want a 4th So do I but Halo was a trilogy and was meant to be a trilogy the story arc is finished these halo games and characters are finished and bungee has become independent so don't expect to see future installments until they become desperate

You obviously know nothing of business, despite everything, developers are in the game industry to make money. Halo 3 is the best selling first day video game ever, Bungie and Microsoft wont just not do anymore, its a HUGE instant cash maker. And I am aware that Bungie left Microsoft but they still said that Halo will be Microsoft only and that they will maintain an almost 2end party relationship with Microsoft. Plus *spoliers* the Legendary end of Halo 3 makes it pretty obvious that they intend to do another one. I doubt it'll be on the 360, more likely it will be on the successor to the 360, whatever that may be.

Darkhalen
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
You obviously know nothing of business, despite everything, developers are in the game industry to make money. Halo 3 is the best selling first day video game ever, Bungie and Microsoft wont just not do anymore, its a HUGE instant cash maker. And I am aware that Bungie left Microsoft but they still said that Halo will be Microsoft only and that they will maintain an almost 2end party relationship with Microsoft. Plus *spoliers* the Legendary end of Halo 3 makes it pretty obvious that they intend to do another one. I doubt it'll be on the 360, more likely it will be on the successor to the 360, whatever that may be.

Of course they are everyone makes these things to make money hell why mess with a formula that nets you 170 milion doller's however it has been stated that other games will be made but they won't take place during the events of Halo 1,2 and 3 in-between perhaps and the reson bungee have gone independent is to make more money and not share it with Microsoft

Darkhalen
And yes we all know about the 'Secret Ending' I've seen it and know what happens but it doesn't set itself up for a sequel that much perhaps in time they will revisit it but for now.... don't get your hopes up

Smasandian
There will be an Halo 4 and it will involve MC.

It's called fiction and writers could easily create an new enemy, new settings and an new storyline.

The question is not if Halo 4 will be made, but if Bungie will be making Halo 4.

Alpha Centauri
That last line makes no sense, since both questions essentially ask "Will it be made?".

And I await the reaction of people trying to justify there being a Halo 4, and acting like it's not a money making idea.

-AC

simonrob123
there is a chance for halo4 but not big

1 secert ending has a flood on the ship with the frozen cheif

and landing on a planet

so there is a chance of that

but i belive that it over for the cheif he is old news

they may make another precal of the came like the fall of reach or somthing

but bungie is thinking of quiting from ms have no idea why but they might be

they may make a new marathon witch would be cool

Darkhalen
Thank you some finally one gets it

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
That last line makes no sense, since both questions essentially ask "Will it be made?".

And I await the reaction of people trying to justify there being a Halo 4, and acting like it's not a money making idea.

-AC
Actually it does make sense...

Anyway. I don't see another one, not in the same storyline anyways, the Halo universe most definitely isn't finished yet though. But I don't think anyone wants to go through the Flood yet again, if that happens it will get repetitive and stupid, Unless of course there's something weird about the planet chief was about to land on, I think it was Onyx. If that's the case it could have some interesting stuff like maybe the other spartans were wiped out. Otherwise I can see a game about Chief's past, or something about the Arbiter

Smasandian
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

Not really.

It will be made, but will Bungie be making it, or another developer that MS hires, like Rare.

Schecter
Originally posted by Darth Sparrow
what did i tell you fools...as soon as halo 3 comes people look forward to the NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!?...? ummm....what's that thing...that thing you need ...umm um...oh yea, a life.

i think someone needs a hug

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Darth Sparrow

Sounds more like they are already sick of Halo 3.

Blax_Hydralisk
Nah, but I've gotten everything i n the game and I liked it so much that I'm looking forward to the next one.

Schecter
halo 3 is the first halo game ive played. but i guess we cant speculate on the future of a gaming franchise without "ZOMG JOO HAVE NO LIFE LOLZ"

((The_Anomaly))
If they do make a Halo 4, I hope they do something different. Halo 3 was alright, but it really wasn't that great. I know "Halo 2.5" gets tossed around a lot, but that's because it really is true. If they do make a Halo 4 I hope they take some risks and try to do something fresh.

Spartan005
Well they left the ending completely open with MC stuck on the ship with cortana so god knows what could happen. But besides that theres still the remaining Spartans from reach and what about the forerunner. We still have no idea who or what they were (unless the books said something about them since all I read was The fall of reach) ... but maybe they could be a new enemy

chickenlover98
forerunner are humans. you can thank guilty spark for that info. basically they were homosapiens who fired the rings and died

shin_gear
Interesting..

-Spartan out

Menetnashté
Originally posted by chickenlover98
forerunner are humans. you can thank guilty spark for that info. basically they were homosapiens who fired the rings and died
It doesn't say that. He tells Chief he is a forerunner, yes. But that doesn't necessarily mean they're humans. The forerunners discovered humanity. It's yet to be told why he's called a forerunner.

Originally posted by Spartan005
Well they left the ending completely open with MC stuck on the ship with cortana so god knows what could happen. But besides that theres still the remaining Spartans from reach and what about the forerunner. We still have no idea who or what they were (unless the books said something about them since all I read was The fall of reach) ... but maybe they could be a new enemy
well, from the legendary ending it looks like they're landing on either the forerunner planet or onyx. But it's sure as hell a new world

Vinny Valentine
Well, it's being made. Not ODST.

Ms.Marvel
ODST is coming out in like a month... no expression

Nemesis X
Didn't I make a Halo 4 thread first?

ShadowFiend
Originally posted by Spartan005
The covenant glassed Reach so all the Spartans there were killed. John 117, aka Master Chief, wasnt the only one to surive however. There was one named .. Kyle i think who actually trained the next gen spartan with lighter battle suits. They were on Onyx but then sentinels came and began to attack them so they went through some kind of portal and they have no way out. Its supposed to be some "Last Resort" place to go if the flood was ever released, supposidly where the surviving forerunners went. As for the forerunners themselves , humans are related to them in DNA someway. i just dont remember what they said. There was also a few others. Kelly, one other guy I cant recall the name, and ... Lisa i think. She was put into cryo after receiving a massive injury but she is still alive..... In Halo 1 on the Single player campaign, where you can look down at where you started from the control room, behind that is another control room with a Spartan diagram on the console, its speculated thats Lisa...

Add - Now that I think about it her name might be Lily... o.o

As for a sequel to Halo, besides ODST, I think it would be better for a Prequel. I mean it could be a Sequel, it was sure left wide open for it, but it would be cool to see John when he was younger. see how it all began.... but know how these things go it will be a totaly diffrent story then the books so i dunno..

Spartan005
Originally posted by ShadowFiend
The covenant glassed Reach so all the Spartans there were killed. John 117, aka Master Chief, wasnt the only one to surive however. There was one named .. Kyle i think who actually trained the next gen spartan with lighter battle suits. They were on Onyx but then sentinels came and began to attack them so they went through some kind of portal and they have no way out. Its supposed to be some "Last Resort" place to go if the flood was ever released, supposidly where the surviving forerunners went. As for the forerunners themselves , humans are related to them in DNA someway. i just dont remember what they said. There was also a few others. Kelly, one other guy I cant recall the name, and ... Lisa i think. She was put into cryo after receiving a massive injury but she is still alive..... In Halo 1 on the Single player campaign, where you can look down at where you started from the control room, behind that is another control room with a Spartan diagram on the console, its speculated thats Lisa...

As for a sequel to Halo, besides ODST, I think it would be better for a Prequel. I mean it could be a Sequel, it was sure left wide open for it, but it would be cool to see John when he was younger. see how it all began.... but know how these things go it will be a totaly diffrent story then the books so i dunno..

yeah well they're making halo: reach ... as in the prequel game

didn't i make a thread on that? anyway teaser trailer is online just youtube it

SpadeKing
Originally posted by ShadowFiend

There are plenty more spartans left, one of them are retired from the UNSC (maria) she was the one to test out the Mark IV armor for chief, spartan Grey team is only MIA and out of length from communications, Kelly, Linda, fred are stuck on Onyx's Sphere thing. also a few spartan IIIs with them.

I guess on halo reach you will find out if Spartan red team from Halo Wars was also on the planet.

ODST is technically prequel, its more like right after halo 2 and before 3. Its a prequel to 3 ermm

Nemesis X
It's awfully gay for Bungie to make an unknown planet in an ending that's hard to get and you have no idea what the heck is happening. When the heck are they gonna explain this crap or make a game that leads after it?

Smasandian
They will, be patient.

Spartan005
Originally posted by Nemesis X
It's awfully gay for Bungie to make an unknown planet in an ending that's hard to get and you have no idea what the heck is happening. When the heck are they gonna explain this crap or make a game that leads after it?

gosh darnit you're right! when the heck will they explain all this crap to us?

Vinny Valentine
Looks like Halo 4 is called Reach.

Tsal Can
Actually i think it Halo -1

Nemesis X
It wouldn't be called Halo 4 if it's a prequel. Halo 4 should only be led after the events of Halo 3. Rumors say that Gearbox is developing Halo 4 as we speak since they somehow earned the rights to make Halo games. Also, there's word going around that Halo 4 won't appear until the Xbox 720 appears.

Smasandian
They wouldn't have earned the rights, more like Microsoft contracted them to create the game.

TheOneBumGun
Originally posted by simonrob123

they may make another precal of the came like the fall of reach or somthing

lol

jalek moye
Originally posted by Nemesis X
It wouldn't be called Halo 4 if it's a prequel. Halo 4 should only be led after the events of Halo 3. Rumors say that Gearbox is developing Halo 4 as we speak since they somehow earned the rights to make Halo games. Also, there's word going around that Halo 4 won't appear until the Xbox 720 appears.

games do make prequels and interquels thatare numbered after the last game

Nemesis X
Originally posted by jalek moye
games do make prequels and interquels thatare numbered after the last game

Then it'll be called Halo 5 mad

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by Tsal Can
Actually i think it Halo -1

Interesting way of putting it.

FistOfThe North
Bungie should release Halo 4 for the 720. Let H. Reach be the last Halo game on the 360 while spending the whole time inbetween making Halo 4 theabsolute most sickest Halo, no fps, ever produced in video game history the likes unimagined.

Tsal Can
With the investment in Natal, I feel that it will be more like a 540 in evolution. Graphics are kinda maxed out right now, I wouldn't expect the 720 for a long long time.

Vinny Valentine
Reach...

RE: Blaxican
Already has its own thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.