Master Chief vs. a Chocobo....with a twist!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shin_gear
Master Chief is standing on one square foot of land, surrounded by a huge circular pit of molten rock and is tied up by metallic chains. The Chocobo is on the other side of the lava pool. This one can fly relatively well.

So, who would you bet on and why?

Blax_Hydralisk
Master Chief takes out his pistol and shoots it in the head.

shin_gear
He's tied up with metal, though.

Blax_Hydralisk
So? He can lift 50 ton tanks.. I have no doubt he can break out of his chains.

shin_gear
...they're adamantium chains. Adamantium from the Marvel universe.

And what makes you think he has a pistol to begin with.

Blax_Hydralisk
Because he's the master chief. He always has a weapon. and if he doesn't, he uses the strength of a thousand fanboys to rip his chains off, then throws his helmet at mach speed and takes the Chocobo's head off.

Blax_Hydralisk
edit

shin_gear
I think Master Chief can win this by possibly head-butting the Chocobo hard enough for it to lose altitude and fall in the lava pool, without having himself fall off the square foot of land.

On the other hand, the chocobo can successfully kick him in the pool and Chief wouldn't survive for more than a few hours at most after that.

Remindme
the Choboco stick out tongue

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by shin_gear
On the other hand, the chocobo can successfully kick him in the pool and Chief wouldn't survive for more than a few hours at most after that.

The chocobo would kick him and bounce off. The chief's armor weighs over a thousand pounds. He'd never move him.

Darkhalen
The chocobo has many ability's master chief just has weapons that need ammo and to be reloaded that and his armor would burn in the Lava and to hit a moving target attacking won't be the easiest task the Chocobo would win

Blax_Hydralisk
If the Master CHief is

A) Chained to the ground so that he can't at all move

and B) Weighs over a thousand pounds

How does the chocobo knock him down at all? And he wouldn't get past his shield.

And the Master Chief moves so fast that bullets move in slow motion. And he destroys entire hordes of flying creatures by himself. THe chocobo loses in a massive curbstomp.

Violent2Dope
Choco flys over him and shits on his head, then lets MC die of thirst.

Blax_Hydralisk
That'd be the way to do it, I guess.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
And the Master Chief moves so fast that bullets move in slow motion.

Yeah I would like to see where you got that from.

Blax_Hydralisk
The novels.

"Fall of Reach" I believe it was.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
The novels.

"Fall of Reach" I believe it was.

And yet that sort of contradicts the games when we see the Covenant ship trying to nuke an entire building in Halo 2 after Master Chief killed the Prophet of Regret because Master Chief barely gets out of the building in time and yet he "moves so fast bullets appear to be in slow motion".

shin_gear
First of all Blax, do not assume Chief has shields and underestimate the strength of a chocobo. A choboco can damn well push Master Chief off a cliff. Chief isn't chained to the ground. His arms are chained to his torso and so are his feet together. Also keep in mind he's standing on one square foot of land.

ESB -1138
Games > Novels

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYvQ_e150Do

Violent2Dope
One square foot isn't big enough for one of his feet. erm

Lana
You guys are dorks stick out tongue

shin_gear
Neither are pole tops with diameters of 10 inches, yet I can stand on them well enough.

Originally posted by Lana
You guys are dorks stick out tongue I made this so that it could be pretty even. Like the stipulations? dancebunny

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Lana
You guys are dorks stick out tongue

Hey you're the mod of the video game forums so you are the queen dork. big grin cool big grin cool big grin

Lana
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Hey you're the mod of the video game forums so you are the queen dork. big grin cool big grin cool big grin

I also work in a video game store and I've never denied my dorkiness happy

But this thread just cracks me the hell up.

Darkhalen
How do you become a moderator

Lana
Originally posted by Darkhalen

1) You don't ask to be one.

2) You get asked to be one by the admin.

ESB -1138

Years and years of sucking up to Raz?

Darkhalen
and how does he see that you are of Admin material does he just look randomly or does he check the number of posts you have posted and if you are a good example or if you are following the rules or if you have been on KMC for years

Blax_Hydralisk
First of all Blax, do not assume Chief has shields

I can assume anything I want. it is YOUR fault, as the thread creator, for not specifying.

The bird can move a thousand pounds? I doubt it. Also, he's flying, and since the CHief's only on a square 1 foot of space there's no room for the Chocobo to land, so he has no leverage to push the Chief anyway. It's the equivalent of flying into a wall.

Again your fault for not specifying.

As stated above, that works to the Chief's advantage.

Lana
and how does he see that you are of Admin material does he just look randomly or does he check the number of posts you have posted and if you are a good example or if you are following the rules or if you have been on KMC for years

Generally a combination of a few factors - how long you've been on KMC, your track record (aka are you a troublemaker or not, or do you have a habit of pointing out trouble to the powers that be), and if it's a forum where you have a lot of knowledge of the subject matter, are a frequent poster, or both. Plus all of the mods vote on potential new moderators, it's not all down to just Raz.

We're not often looking for new mods.

Darkhalen
May I ask Lana if would be acceptable, how you became a Admin member i am quite intrigued thank you very much.

General Zink
She won it in a lottery. ninja

Darkhalen
P.S to your post above I can understand perfectly If you had to many mods then things would get a bit Crazy thank you for telling by the way it has been most enlightening and interesting

Lana
Originally posted by General Zink
She won it in a lottery. ninja

I'm also the resident pole-dancer flirt1

Okay not really.

ninja

Anyway, uh, topic?

shin_gear
The chocobo wouldn't land to push Chief off. Most of the chocobo's strength lies within its legs and Chief's standing on one square foot of land, tied up and is just standing there. Despite weighing that much all the Chocobo has to do really is tilt his shoulders a little.

Blax_Hydralisk
Yeah but that's like saying all a squirrel has to do is hit a shelf. Show me were a Chocobo has ever carried or knocked over something that weighed over a thousand pounds.

shin_gear
Forgot to mention Chief's very tired in this match also, so he'd probably lose balance and fall in by himself eventually.

And it's not just about weighing that much. Cheif's wary, tall and standing on a SQUARE foot of rock man. It's easy to tilt something like that over.

Blax_Hydralisk
Forgot to mention Chief's very tired in this match also, so he'd probably lose balance and fall in by himself eventually.

Maybe you should just skip ahead and say that the Chief has no armor.

Eh, I suppose. If the Chief were alert he'd be fine, though. However the Chief will eventually lose, because of all the stipulations you're adding.

shin_gear
By the way, chocobos are strong enough to fly and carry grown people on their backs. I'm sure they can tilt a tall hunk of metal weighing a thousand pounds, tied up and standing on a square foot.

I'm tired and forget to mention things. Also I'm downgrading Chief for a reason, Blax. Otherwise this would be almost like spite, agreed?

ESB -1138
By the way, chocobos are strong enough to fly and carry grown people on their backs. I'm sure they can tilt a tall hunk of metal weighing a thousand pounds, tied up and standing on a square foot.

A 160-210 pound person is no where near 10,000 pounds.

Blax_Hydralisk
Indeed. The Chief without his armor weighs at least 200 pounds, then he as the armor on top.

No were near.

shin_gear
He weighs 10,000 pounds? What the f**k?

That's pretty impressive.

Blax_Hydralisk
OVER one thousand pounds.

shin_gear
Hmm...I still think the big bird can do it. Don't know if Chief would deliver a head butt and yet not fall off the square.

ESB -1138
He weighs 10,000 pounds? What the f**k?

That's pretty impressive.

His armor is a ton: a ton equals 2,000 pounds. Why did I say 10,000?

Violent2Dope
Chocobos are pretty big mane, I think they probably weigh a ton.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Chocobos are pretty big mane, I think they probably weigh a ton.

An Ostrich is pretty big mane too and they are around 285 pounds.

Blax_Hydralisk
I doubt it. They are, after all, birds. Meaning that there bones are hollow, and they have almost no fat. Fat and bone are what make up the most weight on a creature. They probably don't weigh that much at all.

EDIT- Fat, bone, and muscle. Another thing that most birds aren't exactly suped up on.

Violent2Dope
Good point. Oh and ESB, Chocobos are bigger than Ostiches. However, Chocos are muscular as well, and they carry heavy men with heavy armor and weapons long distances

Blax_Hydralisk
Heavy men with heavy armor still doesn't equate over a ton, though. And again, the Chocobo being unable to land means he has no leverage with which to knock the Master Chief down with.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Good point. Oh and ESB, Chocobos are bigger than Ostiches. However, Chocos are muscular as well, and they carry heavy men with heavy armor and weapons long distances

Yeah cause Ostriches never carry humans around:

http://www.clasohm.com/photodb/img/15498-md.jpg

http://www.sa-venues.com/activities/images/ostrich-riding.jpg

Violent2Dope
Chocobos carry heavy humans with heavy armor and weapons around ESB, and they do it over a much greater distance than what is needed to push MC's ass over the edge. It could just fly up and peckthe shit out of his face.

Blax_Hydralisk
Or maybe he'll just break his beak on the Chief's armor, which can withstand falling from 2 kilometers.

And way to just ignore everything thats been said. a heavy man with heavy armor does NOT equal a ton. And the chocobo can't do it if it has no leverage.

grey fox
Wow....just..wow.

This thread needs to be stickied.

Violent2Dope
Blax, I know a heavy man with heavy armor and weps don't equal a ton, but they carry those men for like friggin miles to places, they can push MC's ass a few inches and have him fall. Or my original plan would be to shit on him. Also, Chocos can fly, he could just fly over and hit him in the head, remember, this is a tired MC, on a square foot of land, tied up, it would not be hard ot send his ass over the edge.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.