Aquaman Vs. The X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BentonGrey
Howdy guys, I was trying to think of some teams that 'ol Arthur might have a chance at soloing, and I think I've got a pretty good match here.

We're talking about Classic Aquaman, super powerful telepath, incredibly strong and durable.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t375903.html
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8976/aquamanv614153ql.jpg

He's up against the original X-Men team, minus 'ol Charlie. That gives them:
Angel
Beast
Iceman
Cyclops
Marvel Girl
http://freakcomics.com/images/xmen_firstclass_2/XFIRST001_COV.jpg

This match takes place in open, neutral terrain. So, do you think Arthur can take them, or are those plucky X-kids just too much for him?

Blair Wind
So this is not Icegod, or Phoenix like Jean right? Just the original X-men back when they were the original X-men? Then Aquaman wins smile

guy222
agreed

CaptainStoic
How about this scenario Jean TK's Arthur into the air Iceman freezes him solid and Cyclops hits him with an eyeblast shattering him into itty bitty pieces. The remainder of the team just chills.

BentonGrey
Arthur's shown pretty good resistance to cold based attacks. Tempest froze him solid, and he just flexed a bit and shattered the ice.

CaptainStoic
But if he was hit simultaneously by that trio I'm sure that he would think twice about getting back up. Shoot if you really want to get down like that Cyclops could put a world of hurt on him alone. Cyclops was blasting the flesh off of the Hulk just recently, it didn't stop him but Aquaman is no Hulk when it comes to strength. Jean could also be a problem for him alone, all together they would overcome him IMO.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Jean Was barely able to lift beast back in the day. And Iceman threw snow balls. We need a time reference for the 5. I'd say if it was when the 5 where on the xmen blue and gold teams, aquaman is going to get his ass kicked good.

CaptainStoic
ahem... cough! The X-Men back in the day could run with Magneto and drive him back... surely Arthur would fall... like I said Cyclops is the X-Factor here no pun intended, if he was taken out then i could see Arthur giving them the fight of their lives. The Question is could Arthur move faster than Cyclops could blast him? doubtful.

Validus
Magneto was just a guy who moved metal around back in that day. Aquaman would chump that version of Mags.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Validus
Magneto was just a guy who moved metal around back in that day. Aquaman would chump that version of Mags.

Back in the day he also had hypnotic powers though.

CaptainStoic

Surely you jest. Magneto could errect force fields strong enough to stop Cyclops optic blasts, manipulate salt irons in the blood stream, there is no version of Aquaman that could take Magneto out ever. Magneto was also shielded to telepathic assault as well. To be honest he could imprison Arthur in a steel cage and if he was feeling particularly evil that day, crush the cage with Aquaman in it until he screamed holy Bat Shit!

Galan007
Magneto was just a guy who moved metal around back in that day. Aquaman would chump that version of Mags. He does more now? confused

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Galan007
He does more now? confused

Controls energy too.

BentonGrey
Actually, there is a very good chance that Arthur could dodge Cyke's blasts, his reflexes are unholy. Back in the day, Cyke's blasts weren't as powerful as they are now. Ohh, and yes, the time reference would be the ORIGINAL team during their ORIGINAL adventures. So, we're talking about them when they were all neophytes. I could definitely see Cyke hurting Arthur, and I could see this being a great fight, but I would hardly call it one sided. For example....
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5086/aquamanfightsblind021kj.jpg
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/9571/aquamanfightsblind038me.jpg
He's pretty durable. I think it's conceivable that he could take a blast from classic Cyke and keep coming, but I'm not entirely sure just how powerful his optic blast was back then. I remember seeing him shatter a brick wall, but my memory is fuzzy.

CaptainStoic
from what I remember Cyclops has only learned how to channel his blasts more efficiently, both as far as raw power goes not much has changed. Hence if he took his visor completely off, he may even kill Arthur straight out.

norrinradd43
Is this the X-men from the 60's? or their most recent power levels? Because the X-Men from the 60s were pretty weak.

Draco69
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
from what I remember Cyclops has only learned how to channel his blasts more efficiently, both as far as raw power goes not much has changed. Hence if he took his visor completely off, he may even kill Arthur straight out.

No. It wouldn't.

erm

Cyke's blasts at that time weren't nearly as powerful as they are currently.

If this the classic 5 at the beginning of their careers than they all die quickly.

BentonGrey
Umm, again, this is the team at original power levels, Norrin.

I'm inclined to believe that Cyke could hurt Arthur, but not enough to stop him before he turned him into one giant black eye....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.