Can't remember the name of a movie! PLEASE HELP!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

orjybeyant
Ok, so I saw this movie back when I was a little kid and I have been trying to remember it and find the name for the past few months but to no avail. The movie was from back in the 80s or early 90s. It was a comedy/fantasy movie. I'll try and explain as much as I can remember about the story. There is a boy who ends up in this fantasy land somehow. He befriends this old captain or pirate or something. Looks like Capt. Hook kinda. The thing with the captain guy is that he ages backwards. Throughout the movie he keeps getting younger. He starts off old and grey but by the end he is young with black hair and looks like Capt. Hook.... minus the hook. smile They travel on a flying ship and there are other people with them. A really strong guy that carries away a kings gold is the only one I remember. They also come across Aphrodite and Hephaestus in a volcano........ I remember that I loved this movie but that's about all I can remember of the story. Please, anybody have any ideas or suggestions?!?!?! sad Thanks!

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Do you remember the actors and actresses in this. This sound familiar to me but I need more to go on.

=Tired Hiker=
The movie you speak of is The Adventures Of Baron Munchausen (1988), one of my favorite all time films made by Terry Gilliam. I highly suggest you rent it if you haven't seen it in years, it's totally classic and imaginitive and impressive for a film of that genre without the use of CG animation.

Robtard
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
The movie you speak of is The Adventures Of Baron Munchausen (1988), one of my favorite all time films made by Terry Gilliam. I highly suggest you rent it if you haven't seen it in years, it's totally classic and imaginitive and impressive for a film of that genre without the use of CG animation.

I agree, completely underrated flick; the critics torpedoed it when it came out, so it did horrible at the box office. It has a cult-like following I believe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.