Selene (Underworld) vs Blade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

endrict
Who wins?

supremthor
Selene

Soljer
Selene gets bitched, and then Michael returns the favor to Blade.

stick out tongue.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Selene. She has the power of the first immortal now. She was stronger than the hyrbid First Vampire.

DestinyGuy678
Blade!!!

kevdude
Sounds like he means Selene from the first underworld movie. Blade wins then.

snoopdogg
Movie Blade has displayed more skill than anybody in the Underworld movies imo.

Entity
Unless its the final evolution of Selene, Blade takes it. Even then I'n not sure what Selene is capable of then and, if this is movie Blade, he has taken on a blood god and the first pure vampire!

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Entity
Unless its the final evolution of Selene, Blade takes it. Even then I'n not sure what Selene is capable of then and, if this is movie Blade, he has taken on a blood god and the first pure vampire!
Yes but Selene simply over powered the first Vampire who on his own was already stronger than everyone else, who then merged with an elder Wolf. Selene is skilled enough on her own and with her sever power advantage over blade, she would win. She also heals far faster than he does.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Entity

Agreed.

Selene was always a great fighter, but Blade has tangled with Vampire Assassin/Ninja teams. Thus he can definitely hang with Selene, and do so easily. Actually the fighting abilities he has shown far exceed those of Selene.

Now, Selene is even more powerful. All that powerful blood in her, and she is even a day-walker herself now.
But as you stated, Blade has taken on a Vampiric Blood God as well as Dracula (not to mention those diseased vampire mutants).

Blade should win this.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by spetznaz
Agreed.

Selene was always a great fighter, but Blade has tangled with Vampire Assassin/Ninja teams. Thus he can definitely hang with Selene, and do so easily. Actually the fighting abilities he has shown far exceed those of Selene.

Now, Selene is even more powerful. All that powerful blood in her, and she is even a day-walker herself now.
But as you stated, Blade has taken on a Vampiric Blood God as well as Dracula (not to mention those diseased vampire mutants).

Blade should win this.

Blade beat the Blood god with a plot device. And Dracula wasn't impressive. Not when the vampire eaters in part 2 where much more impressive. Blade had a hard time with the leader and he was no where near as skilled as selene.

spetznaz
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Blade beat the Blood god with a plot device. And Dracula wasn't impressive. Not when the vampire eaters in part 2 where much more impressive. Blade had a hard time with the leader and he was no where near as skilled as selene.

Blade did have a hard time with the leader ....but consider that the leader of the mutated vampires was exceedingly hard to kill.

As far as skill is concerned, consider Blade's opening fight against the BloodPack (the Vampiric 'special/ninja forces') during Blade 2. The speed and skill exhibited far exceed anything that Selene had done.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by spetznaz
Blade did have a hard time with the leader ....but consider that the leader of the mutated vampires was exceedingly hard to kill.

As far as skill is concerned, consider Blade's opening fight against the BloodPack (the Vampiric 'special/ninja forces') during Blade 2. The speed and skill exhibited far exceed anything that Selene had done.

The Speed and skill won't be enough to over come the vampire wolf god hybrid that marcus was. But Selene sure as hell did. And she didn't use any of her skill. Blade without his weapons is in trouble.

celestialdemon
Based on what we've seen in the movies, I'd give this to Blade. While Selene may indeed be more powerful, the only thing she displayed in the movie was the ability to physically overpower Marcus. Impressive yes, but she showed nowhere near the amount of skill that Blade displayed.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Based on what we've seen in the movies, I'd give this to Blade. While Selene may indeed be more powerful, the only thing she displayed in the movie was the ability to physically overpower Marcus. Impressive yes, but she showed nowhere near the amount of skill that Blade displayed.

Since when does skill get you a win over someone far more powerful?

llagrok
Blade's skill didn't make too big a difference at the end of Blade 2 though :/

srankmissingnin
There is a scene in Underworld Evo. where Selene is out in a forest or something and she speed blitzes some cops. It's pretty wicked scene and considering Blade doesn't have a single speed feat in any of the movies I'd say she has the edge in speed. I don't know who winsb becuase that one part is really the only thing I remember from the Underworld movies, but I'd say Selene is defiantly faster then Blade.

llagrok
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
There is a scene in Underworld Evo. where Selene is out in a forest or something and she speed blitzes some cops. It's pretty wicked scene and considering Blade doesn't have a single speed feat in any of the movies I'd say she has the edge in speed. I don't know who winsb becuase that one part is really the only thing I remember from the Underworld movies, but I'd say Selene is defiantly faster then Blade.

Blade showed some fast moves in the first movie, but that's about it.

She has strength and speed, but what about durability?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by llagrok
Blade showed some fast moves in the first movie, but that's about it.

She has strength and speed, but what about durability?

I can't remember Blade or anyone he was fighting do anything that I had trouble fallowing with my eyes though.

She jumped off a pretty tale building in the first Underworld and wasn't phased.

Ouallada
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I can't remember Blade or anyone he was fighting do anything that I had trouble fallowing with my eyes though.

She jumped off a pretty tale building in the first Underworld and wasn't phased.

That was a few storeys max. Blade jumped off tall buildings in part 2 and 3, iirc.

He has also shown the ability to take a lot more punishment than Selene. As for speed, it really is a wash as I do not think Blade attacked humans, so the disparity in speed will not have been highlighted. As for skill, what h2h skills has Selene shown? Blade has shown plenty, from small joint manipulation to brawling to swordplay.

As it is, Blade should take this.

snoopdogg
I would say Nomak from Blade II was stronger than Marcus from Evolution. Marcus stuggled to lift a rock door while he was in the tomb of William. Nomak lifted a giant metal door with hydrualics pushing it down. Plus, Nomak has a Wovlerine like healing factor. Blade was doing well against him but he kept healing from the damage instantly. And Micheal after turning hybrid was almost killed by a pipe I believe. Nomak would be able to handle that with ease. I think Nomak would have schooled almost any Vampire or Lycan from the Underworld movies.

BTW Blade did grab that speeding train in the subway only suffering a dislocated shoulder. That's good durabilty imo.

So in the end I would say Selene at her normal levels would not be able to take down Blade. The Selene after drinking the pure blood of Alexander might be a different story but so far we have no idea what she is capable of.

The Pict
Selene for the win! She destroys Blade. 10/10. She's stronger, faster, hotter. She tears him apart!

snoopdogg
The hotter part I agree with. The rest however....

jrodslam
I agree with snoop for the most part.

Im going with Blade as well. Blade has her in skill. Im giving him durability as well. And strength? Him grabbing the speeding train in Blade1 was mentioned. Thats strength as well as durability imo. ALSO, les not forget that when the female doctor was at the hospital, he threw her from one building to the next, then jumped over.

Now that Selene has the blood of the first immortal in her, she does have that boost, but i only it was only seen with strength. For all we know, that may be all the power-up she got.

Now as far as Nomac(sp?), he was also kinda skilled in the martial arts and was indeed hella strong. I do agree that his strength feat wit hthe steel door was more impressive that Marcus's feat with the stone door.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Selene 7/10 over Blade

celestialdemon
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Since when does skill get you a win over someone far more powerful?

Gamora and Karate Kid have beaten plenty of people physically more powerful than themselves.

Also, there's no evidence to determine just how much more powerful Selene is than Blade if at all.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I would say Nomak from Blade II was stronger than Marcus from Evolution. Marcus stuggled to lift a rock door while he was in the tomb of William. Nomak lifted a giant metal door with hydrualics pushing it down. Plus, Nomak has a Wovlerine like healing factor. Blade was doing well against him but he kept healing from the damage instantly. And Micheal after turning hybrid was almost killed by a pipe I believe. Nomak would be able to handle that with ease. I think Nomak would have schooled almost any Vampire or Lycan from the Underworld movies.

BTW Blade did grab that speeding train in the subway only suffering a dislocated shoulder. That's good durabilty imo.

So in the end I would say Selene at her normal levels would not be able to take down Blade. The Selene after drinking the pure blood of Alexander might be a different story but so far we have no idea what she is capable of.

thumb up Nicely stated.

starlock
Selene for the win, if i take how close they are and add in selene is way older and more experienced, selene for the win 8/10

grey fox
How did Nomak show any MA skill ?

Ouallada
Originally posted by starlock
Selene for the win, if i take how close they are and add in selene is way older and more experienced, selene for the win 8/10

We have little idea of what Selene did from the time her family was killed to the events of the first movie. In any case, her experience would have been with werewolves, not vampires. Notice Kahn's surprise that more advanced weapons were being used against them. Blade may not have lived as long as Selene, but I would put money on the fact that the density of his skirmishes is higher, and the fact that he works alone puts another spin on things. His arsenal is also suited to killing vamps, something which Selene would not be prepared for, negating her edge in experience if she still has one after my abovementioned points, and partially negating her weaponry as well.

He was a brawler, from what I saw, but Blade has definitely shown a lot more h2h ability than Selene. The fight with the blood pack in part 2, the moves he pulls off against lesser vampires etc are sufficient examples. The fact that Nomak showed little h2h skill does not negate Blade's advantage over Selene in this case.

CosmicSurfer
Selene, after she drank Alexander's blood, was the vampire equivalent of a vampire dominant hybrid. She and Marcus were equals in every way. There was no mention of her being stronger than him and it certainly wasn't shown that way either. She killed Marcus by plot device as well -- the rotating helicopter blades and Marcus's initial shock of William's death by Michael's hands distracted him.

Oh, and this version of Selene would rip Blade apart in a fair duel regardless of Blade's skill level.

It is also well noted, that the only reason William lost is because he spent over 800 years in a prison without any fresh blood and meat. So he was severly weakened.

Imagine how strong he would be if he was fully fed.

Now imagine how strong he would be if he was turned into a hybrid. Truly scary thought indeed.eek

Passione
Are we talking Selene from movie 1 or from movie 2!

If its from the first movie I would have to say that Blade would win. Seeing as he is a daywalker and Selene would be resting in the day. He could easily take her out as she slept.

But if its from the second movie it would be a very close battle. But at the end Selene would win.

Bouboumaster
Blade winz. I have seen the two Underworld, and I have all three Blade.

Blade... Hell, in the movie version, he's so uber, it's not even funny. He kicked the ass (litteraly kicked the ass) of Frost transformed in a Blood God! He killed mutated vampire that ate vampire for breakfest! And after that, he fought well (but I don't considerate it like a victory to Blade) against not an original, but against THE original!

IF Selene is stronger, Blade would school here in skill. She would be a little less hotter with a katana made in titanium in the face.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.