Sonic the Hedgehog RPG

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB -1138
"Sonic RPG" is a currently untitled Nintendo DS console role-playing game based on the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise. It is being developed by famed Canadian RPG developer BioWare, and is scheduled to be released in 2008 in North America and Europe.

BioWare creates a Sonic RPG

SaTsuJiN
a sonic game that wont suck?.. woot!

ESB -1138
What are you talking about? Sonic Advance 1,2,3, Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure, and Sonic & the Secret Rings didn't suck and they're post-Genesis era.

SaTsuJiN
Sonic's name has been dragged through the mud countless times from dreamcast to now

he definitely needs bioware at this point

ESB -1138
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Sonic's name has been dragged through the mud countless times from dreamcast to now

Only 3D wise. He is still king in 2D games. Name me one bad 2D Sonic game to come out for the GBA or DS? You can't because Advance 1, 2, 3, Rush, and Rush Adventure are amazing games! He only sucks at 3D games. And Sonic & the Secret Rings wasn't all that bad. In fact it was good...good not great.

SaTsuJiN
Yeah I was talking about his 3d outings... such as

Sonic Adventure
Sonic Heroes
the sonic game for 360.. -_-

and the other various Sonic Whatevers that make me nauseous to think about...

and then theres that god awful game Shadow the Hedgehog.. ugh..
... yeah lets give him guns... sick sonic team really has no clue where to take sonic anymore in 3d

the sad part is that Sonic R for saturn was pretty awesome, but wasnt very well recieved... great soundtrack too

as for the GBA / DS.. I really dont care because they arent taking sonic in a new direction.. its just more of the same old thing

ESB -1138
And yet the same old thing is working! Because the level designs are getting better in every game and don't say that about Sonic Rush Adventure. It has offered new things that really made it one of the best 2D Sonic games. The boss battles were completely different than the last in terms of looks and the style you fought them. Not to mention that the level design was just amazing.

But yeah 3D Sonic games...Shadow the Hedgehog...the ultimate low point in Sonic Team. Hey let's give Shadow guns! And horrible camera angels and no way to lock on to enemies with those guns! Oh and wait you know how Shadow can run the speed of sound? Let's have him stop every three seconds to do some meaningless task! Oh and let's slow him down by giving him vehicles!

Good lord; Sonic Next-Gen wasn't much improvement either. It had four good parts; only four and that's when Sonic was running forward so fast everything was a blur.

MadMel
Originally posted by ESB -1138
"Sonic RPG" is a currently untitled Nintendo DS console role-playing game based on the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise. It is being developed by famed Canadian RPG developer BioWare, and is scheduled to be released in 2008 in North America and Europe.

BioWare creates a Sonic RPG
you gotta be kidding!

ESB -1138
Hey I can't wait!

Venomous Yoshi
I wouldn't mind play an RPG sonic game.

Darkhalen
This sounds good if it could be used well like mario RPG and Superstar Saga

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Darkhalen
This sounds good if it could be used well like mario RPG and Superstar Saga

Yeah let's not make it a cheap knock off of a Mario RPG game. BioWare is good at making RPGs and they'll be able to make an original Sonic RPG instead of just stealing ideas from Mario or Square-Enix.

Venomous Yoshi
Is it going to be a turn-based RPG?

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Venomous Yoshi
Is it going to be a turn-based RPG?

I don't work for BioWare. All that was announced was BioWare was making a Sonic RPG for the Nintendo DS.

Venomous Yoshi
I don't know.

That's all you had to say.

ThoraxeRMG
You got be ****ing me! A sonic RPG? Metal Sonic better be in this.

Ozone
A Sonic RPG sounds...interesting.

ESB -1138
And it's on the Nintendo DS. I wonder what BioWare is planning to do with it.

Venomous Yoshi
I wonder what BioWare is planning to do with it.

They plan on making it. stick out tongue

fanboy 1988
sounds cool

((The_Anomaly))
Wow, Bioware is making a Sonic game. Should be interesting. They are like the current king of RPG's.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.