With Quanchi gone...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Desaad
are there any Thanos fans left on the board?

Anyone who thinks he might beat Darkseid in a 1v1 fight?

llagrok
I am a Thanos fan.

Not an idiot, but a Thanos fan.

Caps Conscience
What happened to Quanchi? Thanos can take em....He he..

Rorschach
Quanchi is gone? eek!

masterbruce
Originally posted by Rorschach
Quanchi is gone? eek! he lost the battlezone debate to Nvr and the condition was that loser can't post on KMC versus for 1 month

norrinradd43
I think Thanos can beat DS but not under every circumstance like some people think.

TricksterPriest
I'd give Thanos the nod in a pure slugfest. But never in a straight fight.

Soljer
Originally posted by Desaad
are there any Thanos fans left on the board?

Anyone who thinks he might beat Darkseid in a 1v1 fight?

Are you still gonna go over Nvr's mistakes? Or Quanchi's? Or whatever you had mentioned?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soljer
Are you still gonna go over Nvr's mistakes? Or Quanchi's? Or whatever you had mentioned?

It was mine since he figured I lost the match and wasn't up to the task. I wager he should take back his comments about me. Since I won, and won on my terms, not his.

Soljer
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
It was mine since he figured I lost the match and wasn't up to the task. I wager he should take back his comments about me. Since I won, and won on my terms, not his.

I can trip over my own feet, let someone dunk over me, and still win the basketball match.

Afterwards, someone would be well within right to say "Hey, if you hadn't tripped over your own feet, that guy wouldn't have scored on you."

nvrbeenwthagirl
I can trip over my own feet, let someone dunk over me, and still win the basketball match.

Afterwards, someone would be well within right to say "Hey, if you hadn't tripped over your own feet, that guy wouldn't have scored on you."

I dont' think quan tripped over anything. He presented a well thought out case. And I dont 'think I did either. I wasn't going for the same thing he was. I was going purely on debunking superman losses, and presenting powers and lvl or power that DS had. Any other form of debating can be left to those who want to debate in that style.

Soljer
I dont' think quan tripped over anything. He presented a well thought out case. And I dont 'think I did either. I wasn't going for the same thing he was. I was going purely on debunking superman losses, and presenting powers and lvl or power that DS had. Any other form of debating can be left to those who want to debate in that style.

Thanks. I know a lil something. I need to study more. He had me on stuff I should have called him on. I didn't figure it out till later that I actually could have done much better.

Uhhh...hey dude, you tripped over your own feet, and let that guy score on you.

Uhh...hey, Nvr, you could have called him on X, Y, and Z, and done a lot better.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Uhhh...hey dude, you tripped over your own feet, and let that guy score on you.

Uhh...hey, Nvr, you could have called him on X, Y, and Z, and done a lot better.

Then you missed my debating style. I really wasn't trying to debunk anything of thanos. as you remember, i wanted us to not post anything about the other character. Contrary to popular opinon, I do not like bashing. Unless needed. I just wanted to show was DS was able to do. Actually reading his post, there were a manythings I could have called him out on, and more now that I"m not in the battle. But you know what, Anyone can say what you should have done while watching. It's different when your in it and trying to think of what you will say next AND refute someone who is constantly attacking one area.

SnazzySmurph
Then you missed my debating style. I really wasn't trying to debunk anything of thanos. as you remember, i wanted us to not post anything about the other character. Contrary to popular opinon, I do not like bashing. Unless needed. I just wanted to show was DS was able to do. Actually reading his post, there were a manythings I could have called him out on, and more now that I"m not in the battle. But you know what, Anyone can say what you should have done while watching. It's different when your in it and trying to think of what you will say next AND refute someone who is constantly attacking one area. You're missing the point.

Soljer stated that it wasn't irrational to point out faults in a debators style, despite his win. Since you said soandso should have taken back his comment about your debating faults because you won...

Soljer
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
You're missing the point.

Soljer stated that it wasn't irrational to point out faults in a debators style, despite his win. Since you said soandso should have taken back his comment about your debating faults because you won...

Exactly. smile.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You're missing the point.

No. He was being quite insulting and saying I was inept to the task at hand.Which was to win and prove DS was mightier. I did that just. Hell I learned some shit about DS that I didn't even know.

Desaad

I'll address some points that both of them missed or messed up, yeah definitely. Maybe, if I have the time, I'll do it for the entire thread, every post.

Unfortunately I won't be able to get to it tonight, but certainly tomorrow and friday.

SnazzySmurph
No. He was being quite insulting and saying I was inept to the task at hand.Which was to win and prove DS was mightier. I did that just. Hell I learned some shit about DS that I didn't even know. No... no expression

Go read it again.

Desaad

i won't take back my comments, because I don't agree with the decision, and because even if i DID agree with the decision that still wouldn't mean that your argument didn't leave something to be desired.

long story short, you didn't know enough about either thanos or darkseid to get into this argument, but especially thanos. my god, you countered the maker argument with "the hole she made wasn't that big" instead of "a low level telepath was able to totally shut down her mind, and she didn't face a single top tier in that form".

it is small stuff like that, over and over again. you didn't bring in Thanos' low showings, and I didn't agree with your explanation of a lot of Darkseid's.

nvrbeenwthagirl
i won't take back my comments, because I don't agree with the decision, and because even if i DID agree with the decision that still wouldn't mean that your argument didn't leave something to be desired.

long story short, you didn't know enough about either thanos or darkseid to get into this argument, but especially thanos. my god, you countered the maker argument with "the hole she made wasn't that big" instead of "a low level telepath was able to totally shut down her mind, and she didn't face a single top tier in that form".

it is small stuff like that, over and over again. you didn't bring in Thanos' low showings, and I didn't agree with your explanation of a lot of Darkseid's.
Um I said that thanos beat her becuz she made herself human. did you miss that? And becuz of tp. I also wasnt' here to prove any of thanos's low showings. I never wanted to do that from the beginning. I always wanted to show the strength of DS power. As I said, i had my own method of debating and I did it how I wanted to. And it was my first debate ever.

nvrbeenwthagirl
No... no expression

Go read it again.

You man I shouldn't have found this insulting?

i skimmed the thing a bit.

while i didn't agree with a lot of his points, and there were a lot of places that i personally would have refuted/called him on, quanchi was the winner so far as I could see it.

as much due to nvr's ineptitude as anything though.

From Someone I dont' know well at all, have had very little interaction, and didn't know my reasoning for debating the way I did? Um Yeah, OK.

Desaad
Um I said that thanos beat her becuz she made herself human. did you miss that? And becuz of tp.

right, you mentioned that, but you gave nothing to back it up. you basically drew everything from quanchi's scan.

the truth of the matter is, he beat her because she was emotionally unstable and, ultimately, was too messed up in the head to fight back after her initial assault. perhaps he did use tp - it certainly took her down with a quickness before - but you didn't demonstrate why that wasn't much of feat at all. this was the beyonder we were talking about here, and without proper refutation that would be a HUGE feat. you didn't give what was needed to dowplay it enough.

and thats part of why you lost. you were on the defensive for most of the battle.

and lets be honest, the reason you didnt' want to bring thanos' low showings into play is because you didn't know they existed

you yourself have admitted a lack of thanos knowledge.

You've been on these boards for a while now, this wasn't your first debate ever. this was your first debate in this format.

if you want to say you are inexperienced, that you don't have enough practice at this, that you don't have enough of a knowledge base, fine. but you can't play the "i was right, i know everything there is to know card" and the ignorance card at the same time.

Desaad
You man I shouldn't have found this insulting?

From Someone I dont' know well at all, have had very little interaction, and didn't know my reasoning for debating the way I did? Um Yeah, OK.

why should the level that you know me have any difference?

i called it as I saw it, and i stand by my statement. sorry if that offends you, but that is the way that it is.

nvrbeenwthagirl
right, you mentioned that, but you gave nothing to back it up. you basically drew everything from quanchi's scan.

the truth of the matter is, he beat her because she was emotionally unstable and, ultimately, was too messed up in the head to fight back after her initial assault. perhaps he did use tp - it certainly took her down with a quickness before - but you didn't demonstrate why that wasn't much of feat at all. this was the beyonder we were talking about here, and without proper refutation that would be a HUGE feat. you didn't give what was needed to dowplay it enough.

and thats part of why you lost. you were on the defensive for most of the battle.

and lets be honest, the reason you didnt' want to bring thanos' low showings into play is because you didn't know they existed

you yourself have admitted a lack of thanos knowledge.

You've been on these boards for a while now, this wasn't your first debate ever. this was your first debate in this format.

if you want to say you are inexperienced, that you don't have enough practice at this, that you don't have enough of a knowledge base, fine. but you can't play the "i was right, i know everything there is to know card" and the ignorance card at the same time.

I didn't ever play the I was right card. I played the I debated it how I wanted to. And I already said I didn' know everything there was to know about Thanos. I wouldn't have ever debated with someone who knew Both characters inside and out. And I almost always use anothers scan to draw from. I do not have the time to find all those scans and go thru all that material. I do have to work. And other things are going on. That debate as is too k up a lot of time. I felt that I presented what I wanted to present and refuted what I wanted to. His main thing was Superman and I felt I made a case for most of them being not countable as wins. Was my argument the best? No it wasn't. Did it need to be against Quan? no. Had I been debating Bran or someone like that, i would have surely taken a week off work and gotten down to business.

nvrbeenwthagirl
why should the level that you know me have any difference?

i called it as I saw it, and i stand by my statement. sorry if that offends you, but that is the way that it is.

And I called you as I saw you. I really didnt' call you as I saw you, but for the sake of not getting banned, I said my piece.

Desaad
okay, well that is fair. you believe you deserved to win, i did not.

we both agree that your argument really wasn't great, and that there were big gaps in your knowledge.

there is really no further to go on this. i don't want to get in a big argument. you have your beliefs, i have mine. within the next couple of days i will detail some of what i think you did wrong, and you can refute or learn from it, whatever you want.

Desaad
And I called you as I saw you. I really didnt' call you as I saw you,

blink

I honestly don't know how you do it.

even in two sentences, right next to each other, you can't keep your position straight.

nvrbeenwthagirl
okay, well that is fair. you believe you deserved to win, i did not.

we both agree that your argument really wasn't great, and that there were big gaps in your knowledge.

there is really no further to go on this. i don't want to get in a big argument. you have your beliefs, i have mine. within the next couple of days i will detail some of what i think you did wrong, and you can refute or learn from it, whatever you want.

If that makes you feel special or more popular go right ahead. I believe my argument suited my own needs and that if you really have nothing better to do than go over the winning parties strategy, by all means. have at it. Prove to us how superior of adebator you are. Show us your magnificance. I can tell someone what they shoulda coulda woulda all day long looking from the outside in. Now when you have to work, and post at the same time, stay up late cuz you got stuff to do in the evening, check back and forth, and still try and keep up, then let me know how that works for you. Me and quan both were posting while going to work and doing what ever else. I think we both did well given the circumstances And I wont let you rain on my day or his. I will put you on block until you finish your self wanking of other's debates.

Desaad
If that makes you feel special or more popular go right ahead. I believe my argument suited my own needs and that if you really have nothing better to do than go over the winning parties strategy, by all means. have at it. Prove to us how superior of adebator you are. Show us your magnificance. I can tell someone what they shoulda coulda woulda all day long looking from the outside in. Now when you have to work, and post at the same time, stay up late cuz you got stuff to do in the evening, check back and forth, and still try and keep up, then let me know how that works for you. Me and quan both were posting while going to work and doing what ever else. I think we both did well given the circumstances And I wont let you rain on my day or his. I will put you on block until you finish your self wanking of other's debates.

Haha, you seem very threatened by me.

there is nothing to fear, little guy, nothing to fear but fear itself.

i don't need to be popular here, but i would absolutely love to correct some misconceptions from both of you guys.

rather than being defensive about it, maybe you should read what i have to say, and learn from it.

After all, with that massive IQ of yours, I would have expect an openness to new information and perspectives, an ability to adapt, and above all a desire to improve yourself, to learn more.

Obviously not the case here. Instead you childishly throw a tantrum when someone questions your worth as a debater while simultaneously hiding behind the fact that this is somehow your first debate, and we should take it easy on you because of it.

I work. I go to school. I am applying to med schools.

We all have stuff going on in our lives. That doesn't work as a cop out either. You certainly posted enough; it wasn't a lack of time that destroyed you.

Desaad
But nvr, I'm curious, who do you consider the experts on the New Gods, across the boards?

What posters are their true champions? The most knowledgeable about them? The best debaters in relation to them?

Not just on this board, but any of 'em. Including the guys who created the respect threads.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Haha, you seem very threatened by me.

there is nothing to fear, little guy, nothing to fear but fear itself.

i don't need to be popular here, but i would absolutely love to correct some misconceptions from both of you guys.

rather than being defensive about it, maybe you should read what i have to say, and learn from it.

After all, with that massive IQ of yours, I would have expect an openness to new information and perspectives, an ability to adapt, and above all a desire to improve yourself, to learn more.

Obviously not the case here. Instead you childishly throw a tantrum when someone questions your worth as a debater while simultaneously hiding behind the fact that this is somehow your first debate, and we should take it easy on you because of it.

I work. I go to school. I am applying to med schools.

We all have stuff going on in our lives. That doesn't work as a cop out either. You certainly posted enough; it wasn't a lack of time that destroyed you.

Sweetie dont' kid your self. You do not impress me or threaten me. I appreciate all knowlege. What I dont' appreciate is your insulting of me. If you would have said, I have some suggestions or this is how I would have debated it, then clearly I would have had no problem. But I guess you are to self absorbed to see that. And As I see it, I won. So where is this destruction you speak of. You are slowly starting to irk the **** out of me. Dont' attack someone and then try and pull the I can teach you something bullshit.

Desaad
Sweetie dont' kid your self. You do not impress me or threaten me. I appreciate all knowlege. What I dont' appreciate is your insulting of me. If you would have said, I have some suggestions or this is how I would have debated it, then clearly I would have had no problem. But I guess you are to sel absorbed to see that. And As I see it, I won. So where is this destruction you speak of. You are slowly starting to irk the **** out of me.

great. 2 people thought you won.

i do not. and even they have reservations.

lets be honest, this board is heavily in the favor of Darkseid. One of your judges was definitely a pro-Darkseid guy. It was going to take a lot more for Quanchi to win this than it would for you to win it, anyway.

nvrbeenwthagirl

lets be honest, this board is heavily in the favor of Darkseid. One of your judges was definitely a pro-Darkseid guy. It was going to take a lot more for Quanchi to win this than it would for you to win it, anyway.

As I said, Quan presented some good stuff. And It matters not what you think. You weren't a judge. Now where you? As I said, change your tune if you actually want to address me and have me think of you as anything more than a self absorbed troll who thinks he is the shit. Cuz right now, when you insulted me, you didn't actually make me want to learn a damned thing from you. A shame, you could have been a wealth of knowlege for future debates. You can catch more flies with honey than you can vinegar. Kid.

nvrbeenwthagirl

And what you fail to realize is the same pro DS guy hates me more than Quan. Kinda evens it out. It would behoove you to know some history before saying some things.

Air Legend
Nvr I'd kick your ass in a debate.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Air Legend
Nvr I'd kick your ass in a debate.

Get lost. You aren't quan. You don't deserve my time.

starking
Get lost. You aren't quan. You don't deserve my time. I think he has a crush on you, Nver... whistle

Desaad
And what you fail to realize is the same pro DS guy hates me more than Quan. Kinda evens it out. It would behoove you to know some history before saying some things.

i would hope that since he was a judge, he would put personal problems with each of you aside.

the point is, he still starts out liking Darkseid. It would take more to stop him from liking him.

But please, answer my question; what posters, across the internet, do you find to be knowledgable about the New Gods, and fair and unbiased?

Soljer
I'm the pro-darkseid guy?

confused

Anyways - I definitely don't hate either of you. It'd be incredibly inane to hate someone on a forum such as this. There isn't a reason to...

Not to mention the fact that I've judged several times, and I've always been able to put my personal feelings for the contenders AWAY from my decisions.

Martian_mind
Whats all the fuss about?

Also,what time did Quanchi lose?cause i saw him post today.

Air Legend
You know I don't think the match was judged fairly. Unless nvr improved tremendously and quanchi started to falter after page four, there wasn't a decisive winner. I'm going to actually take the time to read the entire thread because I'm skeptical about the decisions.

Soljer
Originally posted by Air Legend
You know I don't think the match was judged fairly. Unless nvr improved tremendously and quanchi started to falter after page four, there wasn't a decisive winner. I'm going to actually take the time to read the entire thread because I'm skeptical about the decisions.

I read the entire thing, and I even noted in my decision that it could have easily been decided in eithers' favor.

Blair Wind
I read the entire thing, and I even noted in my decision that it could have easily been decided in eithers' favor.

I would agree. A lot was just circles, but it opened my eyes to a lot about both I did not know. They both did a fair job defending their points, but me and Soljer do not need to be criticized for our unbiased opinions (for the sake of the tourney) of the way the debate went down.

Estacado
Originally posted by Rorschach
Quanchi is gone? eek!
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/juggernaut66666/jvd01.gif

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Estacado
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/juggernaut66666/jvd01.gif

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/daaa.gif

starlock
Well i would like to say congratulations Nvrbeenwthagirl smokin'

Why bother with reading or even responding to the people who dont appreciate your talents or for that fact your win, take your win and never look back,there are only two people i have on ignore and quanchi was one of them, thanks for the break from all his post, keep up the good debating thumb up

Kutulu
It was actually a much better debate than I was expecting, much props to both Quanchi and Nvr.

Nvr showed a very good argument in regards to Darkseid's size and physical abilities that tipped the scale, as without a boom tube Thanos would be much smaller in stature, and Darkseid would be several hundred feet tall, exponentially increasing his physical prowess. In an arena battle though, I would imagine they would be the same size as they are normally presented though (meaning the match would start off with the equivilant of Thanos leaving a boom tube).

If it were a one on one physical brawlfest with both opponents at the same size, Thanos would clearly take a win. When it comes to energy projection damage, Darkseid clearly has a stronger attack in the OE, although Thanos is no slouch either and can be quite creative with his energy attacks (for example shrouding his fists with energy, adding to the damage of his attacks).

Given that they come from different Omniverses though, who is to say for certain that Darkseid would be massive compared with Thanos? In the non-canon crossover, Darkseid looked like an ant compared with Galactus, who notably did not come out of a boom tube, and Surfer was roughly the same height as Darkseid; who also did not come out of a boom tube. So therefore if Galactus visited DC Earth without a boom tube, would he dwarf the planet, or would he be his regular height?

llagrok
It should already be common knowledge that Darkseid > Thanos.

The fact that we had to go through a 15 page discussion about it, is just ridiculous.

BlackJackal
You would think that this conversation has been beaten to death by now. How lame is it to spite someone who isn't even here ?

Big Sexy
Originally posted by BlackJackal
You would think that this conversation has been beaten to death by now. How lame is it to spite someone who isn't even here ? or is he shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.