Director Pulled Off "Hitman" for Too Much Violence

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aizen
Everyone remembers when the very violent "Live Free or Die Hard" has been edited to become a PG-13 movie, even though every other installment in the franchise has been R-rated. It looks like the same thing is happening again, only now with "Hitman."

TwitchFilm reports that 20th Century Fox has taken director Xavier Gens off the project, to turn the film into a PG-13 feature. Studios do this in post-production after they see that a movie has turned out worse than expected. That is not the case here. There reason why Gens is out is because his version is too bloody and violent, so much that it would earn the film an R rating.

So who was brought in to chop up the film? Nicolas De Toth, the same person that edited "Live Free or Die Hard" for the studio.

What this means is that the "Hitman" movie, which is based on an extremely violent game, will be toned down for a more general audience. And chances are, an Unrated version of the film will be released on DVD several months following the theatrical release. Even though I'm itching to see the movie, I think I can wait a few months to see the version that was originally intended. In case you're wondering, Fox is releasing an Unrated version of "Live Free or Die Hard" on November 20th.

article from

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=6143&count=0

Yup, another movie will be bad as hell, damn you 20th Century Fox, and FU 20th Century Fox.

Something is wrong with those ppl.

SelphieT
Too much violence? Nonsense. No such thing.

queeg
Oh boy.

Dusty
**** that.

Aizen
More news, this one on other hand makes me happy

Fox Says "Hitman" Will Be Rated 'R'

Yesterday TwitchFilm reported that the director Xavier Gens has been taken off his "Hitman" film, because it has turned out to violent and bloody. It was said that 20th Century Fox are trying to avoid an R rating and are shooting for a more general audience with a PG-13 stamp.

Similar to how the studio softened up "Live Free or Die Hard," editor Nicolas De Toth is to take control of the "Hitman" film and slice out all the scenes that could make it R.

Now, IGN reports that De Toth has indeed been hired as an editor, but not "controlling the project" as TwitchFilm stated. A source told the site that "director Xavier Gens is still working on the film. The film still has intense action and will definitely be rated 'R.'"

The source strongly denied that Fox is softening the final cut and called the original report untrue. They emphasized that it will still be a true "R" and a not a "bloodless version."

Oh, I so hope this will happen!

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I think this all a ploy so they can possibly release two versions. They knew the type of film this would be based off on how the video game is played. To change things at this point is highly fishy. I also believe that once Hitman comes out on DVD in six months it will be much better to view. I'm still this when it comes out, free of course.

RedAlertv2
Live Free or Die Hard still pwnt but the pg 13 rating definitely detracted from the experience. I dont see it as ever being a good thing to go back and make the movie pg13 like that, it leaves it with awkward segments that just dont fit right no matter how much you edit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.