Apokolips vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Desaad
I'm curious to see what opinions on this are.

Let us say that Darkseid and Thanos are made aware of each others' presence. Seeing the threat in each other, they gird for war. Due to some cosmic quirk, they are unable to cross into each other's universe for one year. However, they can gather data from the other universe through various means.

So this gives them each a year to plan, plot, and build up their armies and siege engines for the coming conflict.

What they cannot do is use omnipotent power points like the Worlogog or the Infinity Gauntlet or whatever. It all has to be stuff created by their science or it has to be people that would likely help him/work for him (ie, perhaps Thanos again gains control of the supervillain team he used in Secret Defenders, maybe Darkseid uses the Secret Society of Supervillains or any number of his minions).

Who takes it?

TricksterPriest
Thanos is ****ed. Darkseid is much better at the army game and his resources are much greater than those of Thanos.

And giving DS access to teams is unfair. He founded the Secret Society, the Deep Six, the female furies, and his own Elites.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanos is screwed. None of his tech can mess with Tech that can actually freeze in Time and Space a being wielding the Godwave. Hell that kind of power is a match for the IG. And DS own tech pwned it for a time.

Desaad
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Thanos is ****ed. Darkseid is much better at the army game and his resources are much greater than those of Thanos.

And giving DS access to teams is unfair. He founded the Secret Society, the Deep Six, the female furies, and his own Elites.

The Deep Six, Female Furies, his own elites...these are his underlings. In any war scenario, they are going to be playing a heavy role. I don't see how one could not give him access.

Thanos created a team of villains for the secret defenders that was a good bit more powerful than the Secret Society was, plus the argument might be made that the infinity watch (or whatever members remain around) might help him out, given that Darkseid himself isn't a great guy.

Remember, Thanos at one point had control over a huge fleet of pirates. His name carries enough weight that Nebula was able to gain a similar fleet just by claiming to be his grand daughter.

I'm interested to see if anyone can or will argue for Thanos.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Desaad
The Deep Six, Female Furies, his own elites...these are his underlings. In any war scenario, they are going to be playing a heavy role. I don't see how one could not give him access.

Thanos created a team of villains for the secret defenders that was a good bit more powerful than the Secret Society was, plus the argument might be made that the infinity watch (or whatever members remain around) might help him out, given that Darkseid himself isn't a great guy.

Remember, Thanos at one point had control over a huge fleet of pirates. His name carries enough weight that Nebula was able to gain a similar fleet just by claiming to be his grand daughter.

I'm interested to see if anyone can or will argue for Thanos.

Thanos isn't that good on his own. He's always needing some outside powerup, or using others to his own ends. I have yet to see him accomplish much with just his own tech, and his own resources. It's always a trick to him.

Mr.Biscuits
Thanos made Omega,the Galactus Clone.I'm sure in a year he can make a hand full of those things.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Mr.Biscuits
Thanos made Omega,the Galactus Clone.I'm sure in a year he can make a hand full of those things.

And in a year, DS could freeze all of them in time and space with no effort. Give all of his parademons stayne like power.

Mr.Biscuits
So Stayne = Galactus? biscuits

TricksterPriest

Didn't he use the IG to get Galactus's DNA? 2nd, why did Galactus have DNA in the first place? 3rd, Darkseid made the Entropy Aegis. Aegis>Omega.

Mr.Biscuits
Didn't he use the IG to get Galactus's DNA? 2nd, why did Galactus have DNA in the first place? 3rd, Darkseid made the Entropy Aegis. Aegis>Omega.
I don't know all the mother****ing details!

TricksterPriest
I don't know all the mother****ing details!

Ok! I won't ask you for the mother****ing details! wink

Bouboumaster
Thanos is the prep god. In his record, three Marvel Universe.
With one year, he stand a good chance to kick the ass of Darkseid.
I run with the purple one. Thanos is the man.

Priest
Smart^

He dosnet need the IG if he has the DNA to begin with.
And Omega> Galactus
what makes u believe the Entropy Aegis> Galactus to begin with?

Desaad

It is true, he did do that.

BUT, it was an uncontrollable creature. As were all of his clones. He could unleash them against Apokolips, but there is no guarantee that they would just backfire on him and attack him and his own troops.

Ultimately Thanos needed help to defeat them, after all.

Soljer
Didn't Galactus - errrm - excuse me, imperiex turn the entropy aegis to slag?

Desaad
Originally posted by Soljer
Didn't Galactus - errrm - excuse me, imperiex turn the entropy aegis to slag?

Hmm, no, I don't think he did.

Its been a while since I've read OWAW, but as I recall it was still in full operation long after, and was only "used up" in a fight against Darkseid and company in Apok Now.

Isn't that right?

King Kandy
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
And in a year, DS could freeze all of them in time and space with no effort. Give all of his parademons stayne like power.
Um, How could Darkseid beat an Army of Creatures that are 2x Galactus when he lost fighting just the original?

Desaad
Originally posted by King Kandy
Um, How could Darkseid beat an Army of Creatures that are 2x Galactus when he lost fighting just the original?

I think a better question, in the context of this thread, is how could Thanos control such a creature, when he was nearly killed trying to get the last one under control?

Kurash
I think a better question, in the context of this thread, is how could Thanos control such a creature, when he was nearly killed trying to get the last one under control?

do you think in a year thanos could perfect his tech to the point to where he could gain control?

Mr.Biscuits
Or not give them a will of their own....

Desaad
Originally posted by Kurash
do you think in a year thanos could perfect his tech to the point to where he could gain control?

I don't see how. He was working on the clone project for years, and eventually scrapped it when he realized it was uncontrollable.

If there had been any chance of him successfully coming up with a solution I suspect he would have done it, don't you?

Roldz
Probably he grew tired of it or his goal changed..

With 1 year prep i can see Thanos involving the whole marvel universe against Darkseid and his goonies... Just a thought..

Symmetric Chaos
Considering the possibility of Omegas Thanos could win. Without them he would be very hard pressed to pull out a win against the sheer number of people Darkseid can call in.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Considering the possibility of Omegas Thanos could win. Without them he would be very hard pressed to pull out a win against the sheer number of people Darkseid can call in.

Omega would be a pyrric victory, considering it would probably turn on him next.

And I still say he loses even with that, considering Darkseid has the Entropy Aegis.

Full power of Imperiex + Apokolips tech + actually able to control it's own power= dead Omega.

Desaad
I would argue that the Entropy Aegis is far from his most powerful potential weapon.

I'd say that the Promethean Giant he controls would be much more effective.

Desaad
Recall, too, in terms of how battle formidable Omega was, Spiderman's webbing gave him fits.

Roldz
Didnt know Darkseid created Imperiex..

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Roldz
Didnt know Darkseid created Imperiex..

He created the Entropy Aegis from a burned out Imperiex that was restored and upgraded with Apokolips tech.

spidey-dude
Apokolips ?

Estacado
Originally posted by spidey-dude
Apokolips ?
The planet of the X-men.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Estacado
The planet of the X-men.

apocdur

King Kandy
He never finished work on the first... It escaped while it was still a work-in-progress.

Soljer
apocdur

Dat was teh pointz.

nvrbeenwthagirl

By turning every last one of his parademons into copies of stayne.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Roldz
Probably he grew tired of it or his goal changed..

With 1 year prep i can see Thanos involving the whole marvel universe against Darkseid and his goonies... Just a thought..
And DS could use a genesis box and wipe out everyone thanos brings along for the ride including thanos.

King Kandy
By turning every last one of his parademons into copies of stayne.
Okay then why didn't he do that when he fought Galactus?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Okay then why didn't he do that when he fought Galactus?
As in His power was lower? The story happened in the distant past. We do realize that DS grows in power as he kills pantheons right? And The story had alot of things Wrong with it in the first place.

King Kandy
So according to you DS>Galactus? Am I hearing this right?

Mr.Biscuits
You're not hearing anything...dur

Harry Fingerman
Omega would be a pyrric victory, considering it would probably turn on him next.

And I still say he loses even with that, considering Darkseid has the Entropy Aegis.

Full power of Imperiex + Apokolips tech + actually able to control it's own power= dead Omega. Considering Omega wasn't ready yet...

Does Darkseid even have the Aegis anymore?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
Considering Omega wasn't ready yet...

Does Darkseid even have the Aegis anymore?

It's still on Apokolips last I checked.

And Kandy? Stop bringing up non-canon crossovers. doped Especially ones with shit writing.

King Kandy
Do you also think DS>Galactus?

TricksterPriest
Do you also think DS>Galactus?

Not unless DS has prep time. I just think that story was shit writing.

Soljer
It's still on Apokolips last I checked.

And Kandy? Stop bringing up non-canon crossovers. doped Especially ones with shit writing.

Uhh...

Nah.

That's pretty much how a fight between Galactus and 'Seid would go.

Roldz
And DS could use a genesis box and wipe out everyone thanos brings along for the ride including thanos.

Well he could use the soul gem not the full gauntlet but say realty pare w. power gem, or space/time just an example.. Theres also the infinity/cosmic cubes coupled w/ say Mephisto, Warlock and the Watch, Surfer, Dr. Stranged etc..etc.. He got ways to make this people cooperate..

Harry Fingerman
Not unless DS has prep time. I just think that story was shit writing. What if Galactus has 2-3 seconds of prep?
A minute... at max.

How was it shit writing anyway?
Oh, ya, I guess it was. I mean, DS creating something in a second that can even move Galactus? Come on.

Desaad
He never finished work on the first... It escaped while it was still a work-in-progress.

When was this stated? From what I can recall, he only says that he would never have activated the creature.

It seems clear that he was working on these clones for years - their involvement spanned multiple storylines, from Kazar to Celestial Quest, and we know that AT LEAST two years passed since the last Adam Warlock appearance by this timeline.

And yet he made it clear that they were too dangerous to be allowed to act, even with his supervision.

I'd say they - Omega Included - were pretty much a lost cause.

Priest
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
What if Galactus has 2-3 seconds of prep?
A minute... at max.

How was it shit writing anyway?
Oh, ya, I guess it was. I mean, DS creating something in a second that can even move Galactus? Come on.
DS can sic them giants to beat up Thanos like he did with Galactusssssss!!!!!

WhiteWitchKing
He created the Entropy Aegis from a burned out Imperiex that was restored and upgraded with Apokolips tech.

Don't you mean Imperiex Probe? The same Probes that Aquaman and Wonderman beat down? And about a dozen of them got steam rolled by Superman and DD?

laughing So the full power of a Imperiex Probe modified with Apokolips tech is gonna kill something that's 2x Galactus' power?

TricksterPriest
It has no feats of power and it could not control it's power. 2nd, Yes, I meant probe. embarrasment but it was stated that because the big bang energy is still around, it has access to Imperiex's full power.

Imperiex>Galactus. And nothing survives Entropy.

batdude123
Darkseid now has Eclipso batting on his team. smile

King Kandy
And nothing survives Entropy.
Nothing? What about Time Trapper? Or Waverider?

TricksterPriest
Nothing? What about Time Trapper? Or Waverider?

Which time trapper? There's several. and only one of them can survive entropy. And Waverider said he couldn't survive it very long.

King Kandy
Yeah. But you said NOTHING could survive Entropy. And at least one version of Time Trapper could.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yeah. But you said NOTHING could survive Entropy. And at least one version of Time Trapper could.

Wasnt' the time trapper the controller of entropy?

King Kandy

WhiteWitchKing
It has no feats of power and it could not control it's power. 2nd, Yes, I meant probe. embarrasment but it was stated that because the big bang energy is still around, it has access to Imperiex's full power.

The big bang energy is always around. Did it leave DC sometime ago and just came back?

Aside from having Entropy in its title, what Entropy feat has it displayed? That clunker ain't Imperiex.

Bouboumaster
I run with the Big Purple Lips!

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
The big bang energy is always around. Did it leave DC sometime ago and just came back?

Aside from having Entropy in its title, what Entropy feat has it displayed? That clunker ain't Imperiex.

It opened Entropy rifts and controlled the energy. It also one-shotted Doomsday with an entropy rift.

WhiteWitchKing
It opened Entropy rifts and controlled the energy. It also one-shotted Doomsday with an entropy rift.

One shotted and burned itself out in the process.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v39/bmovie_buff/Aegis%20Entropy/?action=view&current=ApokolipsNowPage33.jpg

Good luck with Omega if this is what it takes to beat just Doomsday.

It had trouble beating Superman. Supes took a shots from Aegis armor, didn't even KO him. Then again, maybe Aegis could burned itself out with an entropy attack, it would put Supes down.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v39/bmovie_buff/Aegis%20Entropy/?action=view&current=ms122p19.jpg
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v39/bmovie_buff/Aegis%20Entropy/?action=view&current=Superman-ManofSteel134kebbin16.jpg
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v39/bmovie_buff/Aegis%20Entropy/?action=view&current=Superman-ManofSteel134kebbin17.jpg

Avlon
One shotted and burned itself out in the process.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v39/bmovie_buff/Aegis%20Entropy/?action=view&current=ApokolipsNowPage33.jpg

You've either misinterpreted or didn't read the whole story. The armor doesn't self destruct....Steel's soul is removed from the armor by Darkseid...who owned Steel's soul.

Good luck with Omega if this is what it takes to beat just Doomsday.

Omega was destroyed by blowing up the planet he was on...something even Terrax has survived.

It had trouble beating Superman. Supes took a shots from Aegis armor, didn't even KO him. Then again, maybe Aegis could burned itself out with an entropy attack, it would put Supes down.

In their last fight...Entropy pwned Supes...luckily John came to his senses in time...and since the suit never burnt itself out in the 1st place..that is a moot point.

TricksterPriest
Didn't the Aegis bust through a barrier powered by the quintessence?

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Avlon
You've either misinterpreted or didn't read the whole story. The armor doesn't self destruct....Steel's soul is removed from the armor by Darkseid...who owned Steel's soul.

Where did I say self destruct? That armor used up it's power just to put DD down. I just showed you the scan.

Something Terrax has survived? If it's something Terrax can survive, Thanos, CM, and Strange would've beaten Omega individually - no need for Thanos' starship. Thanos' doesn't just pull out his armada just to take out something weaker than Terrax.

Looked no different than a fight between Thor and Mangog or average Destroyer armor - ain't Omega level in the least. As for burning itself out, sure as did to kill DD. And John when John came to his senses, when was Supes KOed again? Knocked around like any hero would in a fight, but KO.ed and down? Where was that? The guy took a blast from Aegis and all it did was burn his costume. OMG, Omega is in such troubles now. confused If want to see a pwning, take a look at Thanos and Surfer.

quanchi112

And giving DS access to teams is unfair. He founded the Secret Society, the Deep Six, the female furies, and his own Elites. My ass he is. The fool never took over New genesis really and how long has he been at it. Thanos would have accomplished this with less resources and about twenty years ago and moved on. Thanos wins here.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by quanchi112
My ass he is. The fool never took over New genesis really and how long has he been at it. Thanos would have accomplished this with less resources and about twenty years ago and moved on. Thanos wins here.

I bet you did something really lame like write down all the threads you were creaming in your pants about and couldn't say one word. YOu fail.

quanchi112
I bet you did something really lame like write down all the threads you were creaming in your pants about and couldn't say one word. YOu fail. Again no counterpoint from nver. Nothing has changed. Nothing at all. Thanos and his clones would be more than enough to crush apokolips. Omega and company would crush apokolips. Thanos could also bring the kazar clone,the thor clone, and mangog. Game over for apokolips.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Again no counterpoint from nver. Nothing has changed. Nothing at all. Thanos and his clones would be more than enough to crush apokolips. Omega and company would crush apokolips. Thanos could also bring the kazar clone,the thor clone, and mangog. Game over for apokolips.

Are you dumb or what? DS has resurrected his entire elite guard, powered them up to skyfather lvls. Don't be stupid. try and read what is going on in DC.

TricksterPriest
Let's not forget that DS now has Shadow demons among his forces. And a partial version of the ALE.

Soljer
Let's not forget that DS now has Shadow demons among his forces. And a partial version of the ALE.

With which he's done....?

Oh, don't sweat it, I'll post the feats for you;

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2025/omgfeatz1oi9.jpg
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6484/omgfeatz2jm9.jpg

Holy shit! He definitely wins now!

quanchi112
Let's not forget that DS now has Shadow demons among his forces. And a partial version of the ALE. Yeah hesa real bad ass now. LoL. Thanos like I said with all his clones wins here. As long as his clones obery him Thanos wins here. Omega was a force to be reckoned with and Ds here couldnt phase him.

quanchi112
Are you dumb or what? DS has resurrected his entire elite guard, powered them up to skyfather lvls. Don't be stupid. try and read what is going on in DC. You always exagerrate. If this were true then hed take over the damn universe. I mean come on nver no one believes your obvious fabrications of the truth here.

MottaFan001
Thanos> all X-men villains

Estacado
Originally posted by MottaFan001
Thanos> all X-men villains
Moron.

MottaFan001
I was being sarcastic. Most of the posts in this thread fail. People actually think that Thanos can't conquer Apokalyps, I mean not even it's ruler can stop him, the rest of the planet has no chance

King Kandy
Stupid things Nvr has said or implied in this thread:

DS's tech is IG level.

DS is more powerful then Galactus.

Thanos can't build good armies.

Avlon
Where did I say self destruct? That armor used up it's power just to put DD down. I just showed you the scan.

Talk about pure misinterpretation...

Darkseid owned Steels soul and returned it to Superman exactly as he got it...without the Aegis armor.

He basically unbound John's soul from the Armor...

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/4113/apokolipsnowpage32za1.th.jpghttp://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5071/apokolipsnowpage33au1.th.jpghttp://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3858/apokolipsnowpage34sf1.th.jpg

Something Terrax has survived? If it's something Terrax can survive, Thanos, CM, and Strange would've beaten Omega individually - no need for Thanos' starship. Thanos' doesn't just pull out his armada just to take out something weaker than Terrax.

They blew up the planet, and Omega was destroyed. Nothing big about it.

Looked no different than a fight between Thor and Mangog or average Destroyer armor - ain't Omega level in the least. As for burning itself out, sure as did to kill DD. And John when John came to his senses, when was Supes KOed again? Knocked around like any hero would in a fight, but KO.ed and down? Where was that? The guy took a blast from Aegis and all it did was burn his costume. OMG, Omega is in such troubles now. confused If want to see a pwning, take a look at Thanos and Surfer.

John came to his senses and did not continue. You answered your own question.

quanchi112

Full power of Imperiex + Apokolips tech + actually able to control it's own power= dead Omega. Oh like desaad never turned on Darkseid with uhm yuga khan, and like kalibak doesnt want to rule apokolips on his own. Yeah they are 100 percent loyal over there.

quanchi112
Not unless DS has prep time. I just think that story was shit writing. Ds would need a lot of one sided prep time to take on Galactus.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Priest
And Omega> Galactus

I disagree from what I know of Galactus and Omega I would say Galactus defeats Omega.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Utrigita
I disagree from what I know of Galactus and Omega I would say Galactus defeats Omega. Im sure you could most definitely make a case why Galactus is more powerful than Omega. But it was stated in the comic by Thanos. I personally dont think Thanos would lie when trying to take Omega down but its just my opinion.

Utrigita
Im sure you could most definitely make a case why Galactus is more powerful than Omega. But it was stated in the comic by Thanos. I personally dont think Thanos would lie when trying to take Omega down but its just my opinion.

I could easily make a case

Correct

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Thanos/?action=view&current=omegagalactus.jpg
http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Thanos/?action=view&current=omegagalactus1.jpg

But let not forget one important thing, Omega at this point has feasted on THREE worlds

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Thanos/?action=view&current=omegachallengegalactus.jpg

and there he is said to be twice the power Galactus is, what is Galactus powerlevel when you normally encounter him he is hungry. smile Will just inform Tenebrous that you apparently is ready to open the debate.

Estacado
Also at the end he got pwned by space ships.......haermm

Utrigita
Even more ridiculous IMO

quanchi112
I could easily make a case

Correct

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Thanos/?action=view&current=omegagalactus.jpg
http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Thanos/?action=view&current=omegagalactus1.jpg

But let not forget one important thing, Omega at this point has feasted on THREE worlds

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Thanos/?action=view&current=omegachallengegalactus.jpg

and there he is said to be twice the power Galactus is, what is Galactus powerlevel when you normally encounter him he is hungry. smile Will just inform Tenebrous that you apparently is ready to open the debate. Oh brother. You kno whow easy that would be. Its not like im unaware. But feel free to do whatever makes you happy.

Utrigita
Oh brother. You kno whow easy that would be. Its not like im unaware. But feel free to do whatever makes you happy.

doesn't quiet understand what you mean here confused

Desaad
Yeah hesa real bad ass now. LoL. Thanos like I said with all his clones wins here. As long as his clones obery him Thanos wins here. Omega was a force to be reckoned with and Ds here couldnt phase him.

1. Why would they obey him now, when they didn't obey him before? When their uncontrollability was specifically why he decided to scrap the entire project?

2. Omega was not much of a force to be reckoned with. Spiderman's webbing and a soul gem blast (seperately) were known to stall him and knock him for a loop. Ultimately the destruction of a planet was enough to kill him.

Not only is he most definitely not 2X Galactus' level of power, he's nowhere near it. Of what he demonstrated the only thing that even puts him above top tier was his quick owning of Thanos and his shields.

Beyond that, he was a dud, just like the rest of the clones (the most physically powerful of which was taken down by Adam Warlock).

Certainly Darkseid's promethean giant (which is ACTUALLY under his control, unlike Omega/Thanos) seemed to be more impressive, only stopped by the Anti-Life Equation.

quanchi112
1. Why would they obey him now, when they didn't obey him before? When their uncontrollability was specifically why he decided to scrap the entire project?

2. Omega was not much of a force to be reckoned with. Spiderman's webbing and a soul gem blast (seperately) were known to stall him and knock him for a loop. Ultimately the destruction of a planet was enough to kill him.

Not only is he most definitely not 2X Galactus' level of power, he's nowhere near it. Of what he demonstrated the only thing that even puts him above top tier was his quick owning of Thanos and his shields.

Beyond that, he was a dud, just like the rest of the clones (the most physically powerful of which was taken down by Adam Warlock).

Certainly Darkseid's promethean giant (which is ACTUALLY under his control, unlike Omega/Thanos) seemed to be more impressive, only stopped by the Anti-Life Equation. Uhm desaad Thanos abandoned them becuz yes they were hard to control but this Thanos was definitely more of an antihero and never doubt a guy that becomes a supreme being more than once.

This is why I wouldnt like this debate. You would be out to prove that these clones wouldnt be controllable and then I would try to prove how desaad would and could sabotage Darkseid becuz his only true allegiance is to power.

Bottom line is if you count all of Thanos clones and the forces who have worked with him before that we have seen and unleash them on apokolips you know apokolips goes down hard.

quanchi112
doesn't quiet understand what you mean here confused I mean I know you could prove your case that Galactus was more powerful than Omega. It would be easy. Omega is still a very powerful being though but with on panel feats pales in comparison to Galactus.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Stupid things Nvr has said or implied in this thread:

DS's tech is IG level.

DS is more powerful then Galactus.

Thanos can't build good armies.
you are an idiot. If I didn't say it, don't tell me what the **** I've implied. Moron.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Uhm desaad Thanos abandoned them becuz yes they were hard to control but this Thanos was definitely more of an antihero and never doubt a guy that becomes a supreme being more than once.

This is why I wouldnt like this debate. You would be out to prove that these clones wouldnt be controllable and then I would try to prove how desaad would and could sabotage Darkseid becuz his only true allegiance is to power.

Bottom line is if you count all of Thanos clones and the forces who have worked with him before that we have seen and unleash them on apokolips you know apokolips goes down hard. seems more like you don't want to debate desaad becuz he would utterly pwn.

quanchi112
seems more like you don't want to debate desaad becuz he would utterly pwn. I could say the same in the way you accepted air legends challenge then backed down. Anyways I have a battlezone coming up with llagorok. In due time young padawan. I dont want an argument though with my trying to prove he can control them. That doesnt interest me.

Desaad
Uhm desaad Thanos abandoned them becuz yes they were hard to control but this Thanos was definitely more of an antihero and never doubt a guy that becomes a supreme being more than once.

...What?

Look, from what was shown, Thanos spent years on the project and abandoned it for years. He couldn't deal with it. He couldn't control them.

If you want to argue that Thanos is going to unleash them as a force to cause trouble, thats fine, but you'd have to be prepared for the counter argument that they are going to go right back and attack Thanos --- just as they did in their first appearance in Infinity Abyss.

Here is the difference between the clones and Desaad; We've seen that Desaad has been loyal to Darkseid for centuries. He helped Darkseid orchestrate the war between Apokolips and New Genesis. He killed Darkseid's mother. He is even now helping a powerless Darkseid get his powers back. Yes, in his many appearances we've seen him betray a totally beaten Darkseid once or twice...but we've also seen him try to keep Apokolips in his grasp while Darkseid is dead, for Darkseid's inevitable return.

ALL we've seen of the clones is that they can't be controlled by Thanos. That they won't follow his orders, and were apparently such a lost cause that he had to abandon all hope of the project and kill the majority of them. And that when they were free, they tried to kill him.

You know that isn't true. Even with the clones, I'm quite sure that Thanos would go down.

I'd be happy to set up a match with you to prove it, as we discussed. But I won't budge on the logic of what I am saying.

Otherwise, why not just allow Thanos to have all of MU's heroes help him (as they did in the End, Infinity War, Crusade and Abyss) and Darkseid have all of the DCU's heroes help him (As they asked for his help in Crisis on Infinite Earths, and OWAW and Cosmic Odyssey).

If you want to argue that people who have repeatedly followed Thanos can be brought in, you know I'm 100% behind that. Go ahead and talk about him bringing together the team he did during Secret Defenders.

And I'm not saying that the clones are off limits. But it would have to be a point of argument, because it is such a big one. You could let the judges decide who more effectively argued the point.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I could say the same in the way you accepted air legends challenge then backed down. Anyways I have a battlezone coming up with llagorok. In due time young padawan. I dont want an argument though with my trying to prove he can control them. That doesnt interest me.
I didn't battle air becuz I had gotten into with some judges, air was being a bit too beligerent in his posts, and I had just started a new job and moved. I had limited net access. I have no problem pwing any one else who would like to debate classic MM against mr. mxy.

Desaad
I could say the same in the way you accepted air legends challenge then backed down. Anyways I have a battlezone coming up with llagorok. In due time young padawan. I dont want an argument though with my trying to prove he can control them. That doesnt interest me.

I hate to admit it, but it does sound a bit like you aren't confident in your ability to prove that they could or would effectively work for Thanos.

I don't see any reason that this would be the central point in any argument between us, but I think it would be foolish on both our parts not to bring up such a pivotal point if you wanted to call this an honest debate.

quanchi112
I hate to admit it, but it does sound a bit like you aren't confident in your ability to prove that they could or would effectively work for Thanos.

I don't see any reason that this would be the central point in any argument between us, but I think it would be foolish on both our parts not to bring up such a pivotal point if you wanted to call this an honest debate. I dont want to debate on this. Ill debate this topic at a later time if I get the clones. I dont want to waste time looking up scans of kalibak or desaad backstabbing ds. You have their allegiance even if it isnt 100 percent of the time. I should get the clones. Or is becuz that you feel like if i get the clones and their allies that you have no chance.

quanchi112
I didn't battle air becuz I had gotten into with some judges, air was being a bit too beligerent in his posts, and I had just started a new job and moved. I had limited net access. I have no problem pwing any one else who would like to debate classic MM against mr. mxy. Most of the judges put aside their differences. Soljer gave Darkseid the nod. Its not like he was trying to screw you like you always think. You should debate air becuz he really wants to debate about the classic beyonder.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I dont want to debate on this. Ill debate this topic at a later time if I get the clones. I dont want to waste time looking up scans of kalibak or desaad backstabbing ds. You have their allegiance even if it isnt 100 percent of the time. I should get the clones. Or is becuz that you feel like if i get the clones and their allies that you have no chance.

And what would the clones do to the shadow demons? Or an entire elite guard powered up to skyfather lvls? DS avatars abound. Hell even desaad on his own is somewhere in the hood of Superman in strength, with his own limited omega effect powers. as shown when he impersonates DS.

quanchi112
And what would the clones do to the shadow demons? Or an entire elite guard powered up to skyfather lvls? DS avatars abound. Hell even desaad on his own is somewhere in the hood of Superman in strength, with his own limited omega effect powers. as shown when he impersonates DS. If we have this debate Ill prove how with the clones and all their allies that Thanos would decimate Apokolips. Just becuz Thanos doesnt need an army to carry out his goals doesnt mean he couldnt raise one if he wanted to.

Desaad
I dont want to debate on this. Ill debate this topic at a later time if I get the clones. I dont want to waste time looking up scans of kalibak or desaad backstabbing ds. You have their allegiance even if it isnt 100 percent of the time. I should get the clones. Or is becuz that you feel like if i get the clones and their allies that you have no chance.

See, I'm willing to debate the idea that you get the clones or you don't get the clones. I'm not saying you do or don't get them. I'm saying that it is in contention.

Is what YOU are saying that you don't really believe that you SHOULD get the clones, but you know that if you lose that pivotal piece that your whole argument is gone?

See, here is the difference between us; I'm willing to have an open discussion and debate on a subject that is extremely central and important to the main debate we are having.

You are not willing to even debate the subject, most likely because you know you don't really have a case, and if you can't effectively prove that you get them then you can't effectively win the debate.

Again; if you think you have what it takes to argue the point, you would take up the challenge. My way still leaves it up in the air. Only you are demanding an artificial leg up.

And again, this wouldn't be the "central" point of the debate. It would certainly be one of the arguments that gets brought up, but there are plenty of other, more straightforward ones that could be brought up. So don't fear that the entire thing is going to hinge on that one point (in the way that, say, you rested most of your debate on Superman/Darkseid).

Again, I urge you to give it a shot if you really believe you can make a good all around case.

If you do not, I totally understand, and I will stop asking you about it. But I would like you to give a straight answer.

nvrbeenwthagirl
If we have this debate Ill prove how with the clones and all their allies that Thanos would decimate Apokolips. Just becuz Thanos doesnt need an army to carry out his goals doesnt mean he couldnt raise one if he wanted to.

I still fail to see how Thanos is getting around a FULLY repowered DS who also has a portion of the ALE. able to power granny up to beat an entire pantheon of skyfathers. You prolly should catch up on the times and get your head out of the sandbox that is apokolips now.

Desaad
Just becuz Thanos doesnt need an army to carry out his goals doesnt mean he couldnt raise one if he wanted to.

Thanos HAS needed an army to achieve his goals, and used to have a very extensive one, full of pirates and mercenaries.

I would hope that this would be part of your argument.

Desaad
I still fail to see how Thanos is getting around a FULLY repowered DS who also has a portion of the ALE. able to power granny up to beat an entire pantheon of skyfathers. You prolly should catch up on the times and get your head out of the sandbox that is apokolips now.

For the record, for this debate Darkseid wouldn't have access to those things.

This would be much more straightforward. Just as Thanos wouldn't have access to the Infinity Gauntlet, Cosmic Cube, or Heart of the Universe.

nvrbeenwthagirl
For the record, for this debate Darkseid wouldn't have access to those things.

This would be much more straightforward. Just as Thanos wouldn't have access to the Infinity Gauntlet, Cosmic Cube, or Heart of the Universe.

Wouldn't have access to what the part of the ALE? DS still has been fully repowered by the time DOG starts. Takion even has highfather's staff. So we know DS is at his original power lvls.

Desaad
Yes, he would be at his normal, classic power levels.

But no special items of power. Just more "conventional" resources such as what their technology allows, and their elite fighters.

quanchi112
See, I'm willing to debate the idea that you get the clones or you don't get the clones. I'm not saying you do or don't get them. I'm saying that it is in contention.

Is what YOU are saying that you don't really believe that you SHOULD get the clones, but you know that if you lose that pivotal piece that your whole argument is gone?

See, here is the difference between us; I'm willing to have an open discussion and debate on a subject that is extremely central and important to the main debate we are having.

You are not willing to even debate the subject, most likely because you know you don't really have a case, and if you can't effectively prove that you get them then you can't effectively win the debate.

Again; if you think you have what it takes to argue the point, you would take up the challenge. My way still leaves it up in the air. Only you are demanding an artificial leg up.

And again, this wouldn't be the "central" point of the debate. It would certainly be one of the arguments that gets brought up, but there are plenty of other, more straightforward ones that could be brought up. So don't fear that the entire thing is going to hinge on that one point (in the way that, say, you rested most of your debate on Superman/Darkseid).

Again, I urge you to give it a shot if you really believe you can make a good all around case.

If you do not, I totally understand, and I will stop asking you about it. But I would like you to give a straight answer. Ok i used Darkseid losses to illustrate my points. Doomsday and Superman with a little of Raker in for good measure. I believe a fight between the two of them would boil down to durability becuz I felt I proved that Thanos wouldnt go down early in the fight like nver tried to prove. But alas that debate is over. Dont forget you said I won the debate.

I will accept this challenge as I never back down from a challenge. But we will have to iron out our rules and this will be in the future. I have a debate with someone else in the middle of november and want to relax for a few weeks after it becuz that first battlezone wore me out. All those damn scans. Sigh.

But why not dammit I feel Thanos has this in the bag but I know you are an excellent debater and that this will be most interesting.

quanchi112
Thanos HAS needed an army to achieve his goals, and used to have a very extensive one, full of pirates and mercenaries.

I would hope that this would be part of your argument. Yes early on he did. But after his upgrade he just kinda chilled on some barren planet for the most part by himself.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yes, he would be at his normal, classic power levels.

But no special items of power. Just more "conventional" resources such as what their technology allows, and their elite fighters.

One could summize that currently Apok tech is far superior to even that of new genesis. Based upon the fact that metron talks shit about new gen tech, but DS, on the other hand, actually is a bit ahead of metron in his analysis of what is killing the new gods, and the shift in the cosmic balance.

On a side note, I wonder what the 5th world is going to be like. I've been waiting for this for years.

Desaad
Ok i used Darkseid losses to illustrate my points. Doomsday and Superman with a little of Raker in for good measure. I believe a fight between the two of them would boil down to durability becuz I felt I proved that Thanos wouldnt go down early in the fight like nver tried to prove. But alas that debate is over. Dont forget you said I won the debate.

Right, and I stand by it; on points, I think you won.

But that doesn't change the fact that you heavily focused on one aspect, which is what you are worried I'm going to do.

I was simply using that as a recent example of something I would NOT do.

Hmm, well okay.

What time are you talking about, then?

quanchi112

But that doesn't change the fact that you heavily focused on one aspect, which is what you are worried I'm going to do.

Hmm, well okay.

What time are you talking about, then? Decemberish. What about characters like Adam Warlock?

I just dont want it to turn into us attacking the loyalties of each others soldiers for the most part.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Hmm, well okay.

What time are you talking about, then?

you also thought he won before the votes were cast. wink What happened in actuality is what counts. eek!

Desaad
One could summize that currently Apok tech is far superior to even that of new genesis. Based upon the fact that metron talks shit about new gen tech, but DS, on the other hand, actually is a bit ahead of metron in his analysis of what is killing the new gods, and the shift in the cosmic balance.

Well, I disagree with that. New Genesis and Apokolips technology has historically been at a stalemate, and I see no reason why this would be untrue now.

Darkseid might be ahead of Metron in his figuring out what is going on, but that doesn't mean his technology is ahead of him. In fact, we know that this isn't true; Metron has historically been the weaponer of Darkseid, building him the Boom Tubes as well as numerous weapons of war.

Darkseid is probably a better strategist than Metron, and as such is figuring things out faster. But in terms of pure technological advancement...no go. smile

Low expectations on my part. Only if Morrison is 100% in charge of this could it possibly succeed (well...Morrison or Simonson).

quanchi112
you also thought he won before the votes were cast. wink What happened in actuality is what counts. eek! The judges voted for you but that doesnt mean everyone thought you won the debate. No sir. You already know I feel I won but lets drop it as it just flirts with a flame war.

Desaad
you also thought he won before the votes were cast. wink What happened in actuality is what counts. eek!

It doesn't matter what the votes say; my opinion remains the same, regardless of whether others my have different ones.

Desaad
Decemberish. What about characters like Adam Warlock?

I just dont want it to turn into us attacking the loyalties of each others soldiers for the most part.

It really depends on what tact we take on this. I don't know that Adam would help to conquer a planet, but since its Apokolips he might. I'd be willing to basically say he would help, since he's helped a number of times (of course...he's also killed him...heh).

Also consider at what 'stage' you want to take Thanos. Right before he died in Annihilation?

I honestly think you'd be better off picking the guys who are 1. Absolutely loyal to him 2. Evil, and therefore there wouldn't be any sort of conflict of interest.

So the team that included Super Skrull and the Titanium Man and stuff, I think that is an absolute lock.

Also remember that while individuals can make a difference, I think ultimately the level of technology that they bring into play is going to make a bigger one. So it would behoove you to bring up his ships (Like the Dreadnaught) or his replica of Death's throne, stuff like that.

Soljer
The judges voted for you but that doesnt mean everyone thought you won the debate. No sir. You already know I feel I won but lets drop it as it just flirts with a flame war.

For the record; Quan did a much better job of debating.

Desaad

So then I may be confused by this battlezone thing.

If he did a better job of debating, shouldn't he have won the thing?

nvrbeenwthagirl
For the record, he actually didn't. he stuck to one failed attempt at using superman. to which I diffused from the onset. As if.. Had he did a much better job, he should have won. period.

nvrbeenwthagirl
So then I may be confused by this battlezone thing.

If he did a better job of debating, shouldn't he have won the thing?

Exactly.

Desaad
Exactly.

What I mean is, if Quanchi did a better debating job in Soljer's estimation, shouldn't soljer have voted for Quanchi?

quanchi112
It really depends on what tact we take on this. I don't know that Adam would help to conquer a planet, but since its Apokolips he might. I'd be willing to basically say he would help, since he's helped a number of times (of course...he's also killed him...heh).

Also consider at what 'stage' you want to take Thanos. Right before he died in Annihilation?

I honestly think you'd be better off picking the guys who are 1. Absolutely loyal to him 2. Evil, and therefore there wouldn't be any sort of conflict of interest.

So the team that included Super Skrull and the Titanium Man and stuff, I think that is an absolute lock.

Also remember that while individuals can make a difference, I think ultimately the level of technology that they bring into play is going to make a bigger one. So it would behoove you to bring up his ships (Like the Dreadnaught) or his replica of Death's throne, stuff like that. But come on now you know he and Warlock have always respected each other and have worked together before to take on gret evil. He most certainly could have adam warlock and the infinity watchs support. He did in the infinity war and the crusade and there are others to. So I could most defnitely make a case for him to be an ally of Thanos in this situation. So I could bring dumb drax into play here. Warlock wouldnt screw him over and Darkseid is more of a villain than Thanos is anymore. So of course he would help Thanos here as he has in the past. I know I m going to have t bring up Thanos early appearances a lot. I actually could get terrax to maybe. Oh this could get interesting.

nvrbeenwthagirl
What I mean is, if Quanchi did a better debating job in Soljer's estimation, shouldn't soljer have voted for Quanchi?

Exactly. He's just saying that to be a bother to me. One reason why I wont' do any more battle zone's with him as judge.

quanchi112
For the record, he actually didn't. he stuck to one failed attempt at using superman. to which I diffused from the onset. As if.. Had he did a much better job, he should have won. period. I feel great right now. smile

Soljer

Not necessarily.

You can debate much much better than I do with, say, Daredevil.

If I'm representing Captain Marvel, it doesn't really matter how well you debate.

Desaad
But come on now you know he and Warlock have always respected each other and have worked together before to take on gret evil. He most certainly could have adam warlock and the infinity watchs support. He did in the infinity war and the crusade and there are others to. So I could most defnitely make a case for him to be an ally of Thanos in this situation. So I could bring dumb drax into play here. Warlock wouldnt screw him over and Darkseid is more of a villain than Thanos is anymore. So of course he would help Thanos here as he has in the past. I know I m going to have t bring up Thanos early appearances a lot. I actually could get terrax to maybe. Oh this could get interesting.

There you go; you can certainly make those arguments, and thats fine with me 100%.

Whats more, you could extrapolate things we've seen Thanos successfully do into a war situation.

So if he's created a replica of Death's throne for himself, you might argue that he creates a number of them for use of his elite or something.

This is the fun of a debate like this; the possibilities are limitless, if you are willing to do your research and argue them.

quanchi112
Soljer thinks Darkseid is more powerful than Thanos thats why he gave nver the vote. I wanted to change soljers mind but his opinion stayed the same pretty much. Im glad to hear he thought I outdid nver though. in terms of debating.

Desaad
Not necessarily.

You can debate much much better than I do with, say, Daredevil.

If I'm representing Captain Marvel, it doesn't really matter how well you debate.

But if I bring up examples of Daredevil taking on Captain Marvel level foes, and Captain Marvel losing to Daredevil level foes (Or, even, below Daredevil level foes) then certainly that is what you mean by "being a better debater", ie creating better and more convincing arguments, no?

And certainly I would win that debate, wouldn't I?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Soljer thinks Darkseid is more powerful than Thanos thats why he gave nver the vote. I wanted to change soljers mind but his opinion stayed the same pretty much. Im glad to hear he thought I outdid nver though. in terms of debating.
h0w in the hell did you win? I kept up the precept that DS is more powerful than Thanos. That was the goal. So I won.

Desaad

I see.

So it is less a measure of debating skill, and more a measure of who would win in a fight. Fighting against inherent opinion then.

quanchi112
There you go; you can certainly make those arguments, and thats fine with me 100%.

Whats more, you could extrapolate things we've seen Thanos successfully do into a war situation.

So if he's created a replica of Death's throne for himself, you might argue that he creates a number of them for use of his elite or something.

This is the fun of a debate like this; the possibilities are limitless, if you are willing to do your research and argue them. This one will really make you think. Its going to be really fun now that I think about it. But its tentative for december. It will happen let me just clear my head a bit after my ww hulk vs thor debate. I always get myself into these debates where i feel like the underdog based on who im representing on kmc here.

Desaad
h0w in the hell did you win? I kept up the precept that DS is more powerful than DS.

There is that 162 IQ I keep hearing about.

nvrbeenwthagirl
But if I bring up examples of Daredevil taking on Captain Marvel level foes, and Captain Marvel losing to Daredevil level foes (Or, even, below Daredevil level foes) then certainly that is what you mean by "being a better debater", ie creating better and more convincing arguments, no?

And certainly I would win that debate, wouldn't I?

Not if the CM foes that daredevil fought jobbered, injured themselves, or DD had gotten powerups during the fights. And CM losing to DD foes is acceptible if Daredevil foes had certain plot graces.

Soljer

Make it a physical fight, and Thanos walks all over him - for the record.

Even in a straight up fight, I felt that it was a close victory either way.

Desaad
This one will really make you think. Its going to be really fun now that I think about it. But its tentative for december. It will happen let me just clear my head a bit after my ww hulk vs thor debate. I always get myself into these debates where i feel like the underdog based on who im representing on kmc here.

I gotta say, with the way that Darkseid is manipulating things in Countdown right now, I am going to have a fun new showing of strategic intelligence to bring to the table.

The way he is manipulating these disparate threads is downright ridiculous.

quanchi112
h0w in the hell did you win? I kept up the precept that DS is more powerful than DS. That was the goal. So I won. Again its over you won in the judges minds but one judge felt i did a better job debating than you did. He shared your opinion and it isnt like you swayed him to your side. So drop it. Again in my mind I felt I won and its great hearing soljer say that i did a better job.

But really lets drop it. Its over.

nvrbeenwthagirl
There is that 162 IQ I keep hearing about.

Is there a point? You know, Fifty cent made a career for himself by going after other entertainers. George Bush was masterful at using 911 to start a war over in Iraq. Reagan was wonderful as using racist undertones to push his agenda. Now hear about that.

Desaad
Let me also add that this is something of an extended challenge to anyone out there. I'd be happy to debate this same topic with others of you.

quanchi112
I gotta say, with the way that Darkseid is manipulating things in Countdown right now, I am going to have a fun new showing of strategic intelligence to bring to the table.

The way he is manipulating these disparate threads is downright ridiculous. We should wait till Darkseid dies.

shifty

nvrbeenwthagirl
Again its over you won in the judges minds but one judge felt i did a better job debating than you did. He shared your opinion and it isnt like you swayed him to your side. So drop it. Again in my mind I felt I won and its great hearing soljer say that i did a better job.

But really lets drop it. Its over.
I didn't bring it up did I? so drop what? Or are you telling someone else to drop it?

Desaad
Is there a point? You know, Fifty cent made a career for himself by going after other entertainers. George Bush was masterful at using 911 to start a war over in Iraq. Reagan was wonderful as using racist undertones to push his agenda. Now hear about that.

Am I supposed to be dazzled by the above display of intelligence?

Jesus, you are three years old.

quanchi112
Let me also add that this is something of an extended challenge to anyone out there. I'd be happy to debate this same topic with others of you. No no no. This is between you and I. If you would like to represent Darkseid against any other character in a war thats fine but IM representing Thanos.

quanchi112

Jesus, you are three years old. laughing

Desaad
We should wait till Darkseid dies.

shifty

Hey, Thanos already beat him to it.

Twice.

smile

quanchi112
I didn't bring it up did I? so drop what? Or are you telling someone else to drop it? Its dropped now.

Desaad
No no no. This is between you and I. If you would like to represent Darkseid against any other character in a war thats fine but IM representing Thanos.

Hahaha

Into it now, are you? smile

quanchi112
Hey, Thanos already beat him to it.

Twice.

smile I really like Thanos dead in a way. Becuz he cant have shit showings. I think the less of Thanos we see the better. I think thats what screwed darkseid is all his showings. To damn many.

quanchi112
Hahaha

Into it now, are you? smile I dont back down when someone challenges Thanos. I take it personal.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Jesus, you are three years old.

Am I supposed to be threatened by your silly attempts at demeaning? Jesus, you are a rabid ass. Try to see beyond your own pathetic attempt at celebrity.

nvrbeenwthagirl
laughing
Only a three year old would find such a pathetic attempt at character assassination remotely funny.

quanchi112
Only a three year old would find such a pathetic attempt at character assassination remotely funny. I find it amusing how you get into arguments with any and all comers here. No one is even arguing this thread now but you find a way to still spark a little flaming.

Desaad
Am I supposed to be threatened by your silly attempts at demeaning?

Bit of a hypocrite, aren't we?

You spout off about your made up IQ score in half the threads you post in, in a pathetic attempt to demean others, when everyone knows the utility of those tests has been in question for decades now.

Its fun how you rarely have to actually prove something on the internet.

Celebrity? On a message board?

Someone is deluded.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>