The rise and fall of darth vader (Novel)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Manslayer
When will this book be released? Read about it on the databanks and it says this book is a recount of episode 1-episode 6 in darth vaders point of view

Darth Subjekt
That actually sounds pretty interesting. I haven't heard that yet, but i look forward to it.

Melcórë

Manslayer
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
That actually sounds pretty interesting. I haven't heard that yet, but i look forward to it.

Check it out on the databanks, i just went to the international bookstore, they said it will be released in my country roughly 1-2 weeks time.

It sounds very intresting and i hope it isnt a dissapointment

Morridini
Very very interesting, I thought this book was far far away from completion. Wonder if I will just let it pop up in my read order.

Manslayer
Maybe, who knows but id love to see vader being the narrator, Or could i be mistaken? It did say the story is in his point of view though

Darth Subjekt
All i gotta say is that the writer better have done it right. If he screws up and makes Vader look like a b!tch, I'm going to be pissed, lol. But this will also help for knowing what's going on when we don't see Vader, as well as give us insight to his innermost thoughts. Finally, we can prove (hopefully), not that it isn't obvious enough, that he wasn't trying to kill Luke in ESB or ROTJ.

xxxpoppunker182
theres an article on wookieepedia about this book and it says that it starts out with dv in a a dream where he forsees the fight on the desth star II in rotj

Darth Subjekt
really? wow, you have a link?

Morridini
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
really? wow, you have a link?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Rise_and_Fall_of_Darth_Vader
Pretty good site, you should check it out...

Darth Subjekt
thanks...gotta go buy it now, lol.

Thiru
Just finished reading it, its just a recount of episodes 1-6 but in vaders eyes.

Strange though that the book states he cant generate lightning or be invulnerable to it but if you read later on at the mimiban incident, he sucessfully generates force lightning because of the kaiburr crystal.

He also has ancient sith holocrons with dark side secrets stored in his refuge of bast castle and a sentence indicates he was studying one of them

What i didnt like is that because its a young adult novel, they dont elaborate much on his feats such as when he reached out with the force to scan for a telepathical trail which can come from lightyears away

ThoraxeRMG
I just finished it myself, it was interesting.

Melcórë
Originally posted by Thiru
Just finished reading it, its just a recount of episodes 1-6 but in vaders eyes.

Strange though that the book states he cant generate lightning or be invulnerable to it but if you read later on at the mimiban incident, he sucessfully generates force lightning because of the kaiburr crystal.

He also has ancient sith holocrons with dark side secrets stored in his refuge of bast castle and a sentence indicates he was studying one of them

What i didnt like is that because its a young adult novel, they dont elaborate much on his feats such as when he reached out with the force to scan for a telepathical trail which can come from lightyears away

Yeah....that sounds like a GREAT read. stick out tongue

J/k, but it does sound a little too young....no details about his hunt for the Jedi, then?

SnakeEyes
Wait, so this isn't an adult novel like most of the good ones (Thrawn Trilogy, etc.), it's "young adult"?

Melcórë
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Wait, so this isn't an adult novel like most of the good ones (Thrawn Trilogy, etc.), it's "young adult"?

Yep.

Thiru

SnakeEyes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.