Team Ninja vs Sheng Long

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
I was partially inspired to do this thanks to shin_gear.

Three ninjas vs the legendary Ansatsuken master.

Gouken, or Sheng Long rather, was thought to have been dead. In truth, he barely survived Akuma's assault. When the third world warrior tournament took place, he revealed himself to Ryu and Ken.

That's when Ayane, thinking that Sheng was Raidou by the gi, attacked. When Ayane is knocked back, Ryu Hayabusa, Kasumi and Hayate appear. Her arm in a sling, Kasumi will have to sit this one out while her siblings and Ryu take on Sheng in a KOF-style boss match

shin_gear
stick out tongue

"One of Ryu's win quotes in the English localization of the arcade version of Street Fighter II was "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance." The original win quote in the Japanese version actually translates to "You must withstand my Dragon Punch (Shoryuken) to stand a chance" (昇龍拳を破らぬ限り、おまえに勝ち目はない!, Shōryūken o yaburanu kagiri, omae ni kachime wa nai!?) At the time, English speaking players thought that Sheng Long referred to a person (the supposed master of Ryu and Ken), instead of simply being the name of one of Ryu's techniques (the Shoryuken). The SNES and Sega Genesis versions of the game offered a less ambiguous translation: "You must defeat my Dragon Punch to stand a chance", although the English localization still made reference to him as Ryu and Ken's master in the instruction manual.
The original Sheng Long joke. Note the irony of the April Fool's contest notification blurb appearing beneath the article.
The original Sheng Long joke. Note the irony of the April Fool's contest notification blurb appearing beneath the article.

Sheng Long appeared as an April Fool's joke on April 1992 issue of the video game magazine Electronic Gaming Monthly."

Technically, this would be against the rules as Sheng Long does not exist.

...then again, my Sheng Long respect thread shouldn't exist either. That's something isn't it...

With that said, Sheng Long isn't beating any of Team Ninja. stick out tongue

Csdabest
Yep agreed.

shin_gear
Erm...wait...Snafu is probably meaning Sheng Long as in GOUKEN...

Well what the hell did Gouken do anyway? I'd like to know. ermmhug

Oh and since Hayabusa would defeat Ryu, he would definitely defeat Sheng Long, as those who can defeat Sheng Long would stand a chance against Ryu, and since Hayabusa would beat Ryu, he would definitely defeat Sheng Long. stick out tongue

Violent2Dope
Gouken shitstomped Gouki in combat.

shin_gear
So what can Gouken do? smile

Violent2Dope
Fire Hadoukens with one hand.

shin_gear
haermm

Superboy Prime
Say...Sheng Long isn't real...or is he?

Wasn't he just an Aprils fool joke.

shin_gear
Duh, wow you are slow. ermmhug

ThoraxeRMG
Dee Dee Dee!!

Violent2Dope
Seriously, Sheng Long fires Hadoukens with one hand, and can fire one after the other.

shin_gear
Hayabusa shot an energy blast with one hand in his DOA4 ending, deal huh.

Csdabest
Yeah which i think does more damage. Specialy after watching it Dicintergrate a battle ship. Best thing I scene a hadoken do was Tear a hole in a mountain not even straight through i beleive. And that was just movie i dont think it was cannon

shin_gear
Can I see this movie on a youtube video?

Csdabest
The movie of where Ryu Punches a whole into a mountain with a hodoken...I think its on Either Street Fighter II The Animated movie. Or Street Fighter Alpha....It may have been A busted up building now that I think of it

shin_gear
It was a building I'm sure (because if it was a mountain I would've heard Street Fighter fans from ages arguing he could do that 100 times over) and he did that as Evil Ryu, in other words with the Dark Hadou. Why is that being mentioned, this discusses Sheng Long.

Csdabest
Yeah and Ryu has one of the top hadoken and im menton some of the mass Destruction i have seen from an hadoken compared to Busa Ninpo energy Ball. to further dictate that Shen Longs one Handed hadoken as nothing on Busa Ninpo attack seen in the DOA4 ending

shin_gear
Yepperz.

ThoraxeRMG
Yepperz? Wtf?

shin_gear
Another way of saying YEP.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.