KH Sephiroth v.s. AC Sephiroth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sol Valentine
Which version wins?

shin_gear
50/50 for me.

SHM
One of them is the dark side of Cloud.

The other is a god with power over the planet itself.

It's not hard to know who would win.

shin_gear
A title and an ability that factors insignificantly in a battle doesn't explain why FF Sephiroth would win. Teleportation and speed, now those are things that matter in a fight. KH Sephiroth has demonstrated those abilities far too well.

SHM
Speed: FFVII Seph is so fast he is invisible to naked eyes.

Teleportation: From what we know he don't have it, but he have intangibility. What KH Seph can do against that? Nothing.

He can hold KH Seph with his telekinesis(like he did with all Avalanche). Distract KH Seph with illusions. Create super powerful warriors and monsters, like he created Yazoo, Loz, Kadaj, and the Shadow Creepers. Use that blue line he used in CC(to cut the Junon Cannon). Use Super Nova, Heartless Angel, etc, etc, etc.
Hell, maybe he can even create Weapons and other super powerful beings(if Minerva can do that, I don't see why he couldnt). But he would need prep to do that.

Or... Destroy the planet.

Seriously, I talk with many FFVII and KH fans, and all of them agree that FFVII Seph is stronger than KH Seph. It's common knowledge between the FFVII and KH fans. I mean, just look at everything FFVII Seph can do!

shin_gear
Most of the abilities you mentioned involves Seifer Sephiroth, which is NOT part of this match. Super Nova + illusions have not been demonstrated by AC Sephiroth, not to mention Sin Heartless Angel is an ability KH Sephiroth uses. As for telekenisis and what he can create, his telekenisis has not been shown working on someone on KH Sephiroth's caliber or anyone else as far as I know, not that it wouldn't work on opponents, but enough to defeat KH Sephiroth with just that? Doubtful. AC Sephiroth has not created things to aid him in battle as far as I know, so show me where he has done this. Keep in mind that KH Sephiroth has created gigantic blasts of energy and rained meteors out of nothing at will no expression. Intangibility? Have you played KH? KH Sephiroth definitely can become intangible. It's one of the few things that come to my mind when I think of KH Sephiroth.

Also, I don't care if you and other FF/KH fans have agreed that AC Sephiroth is stronger. Marvel and FF fans could've conclude that Sephiroth is above Galactus for all I care.

By the way, I'm not mad at anyone just so you know. ermmhug

fascistcrusader
Advent Children Sephiroth by a longshot. KH Sephi is just Cloud's darkside. AC Sephiroth is the most powerful force in the FFVII universe, he has a will so strong that it prevents him from dying, he controls his own lifestream and adds to it with the disease he created(Geostigma), and the creators of FF VII and the compilation have said

AC Sephiroth is the ultimate being in the FF VII universe, far superior to the Sephiroth who is simply Cloud's dark side.

shin_gear
You are giving a quote stating there's nothing above him in his universe. Are we to conclude that he is SE's most powerful villain? Is he more powerful than Kuja and Sin now? Please tell me you're not implying this.

It's strange though, because neither is KH Sephiroth killable unless you convince Cloud to relinquish his darkness, which is A: Impossible and B: A case of PIS.

Overall however I'd give the slight nod to FF Sephiroth. Would be nice if you can find me something implying that they made FF Sephiroth to be more powerful than the one from KH.

In any case, KH Sephiroth can without a doubt take a number of wins home. This is not to see who can permanately vanquish who in case anyone believes so, since not only are they both immortal but that's surely not what this is intended for. This is more of who's better at attacking or defending against the other, since either version can deal pain to the other incarnation.

fascistcrusader
The fact that they took the time to make sure everyone knows Sephiroth is the most powerful existence in he FF VII universe is a sign they feel FF Sephiroth is strong enough to be worthy of such declarations, and the fact that they haven't done anything of the sort for KH Sephiroth is saying something. Look at it this way, KH Sephiroth is only a shadow of Cloud, FF Sephiroth has ascended to a level far beyond Cloud ever could, and is powerful because of his own strength, he relies on no one else for it.

Manslayer
Originally posted by SHM
Speed: FFVII Seph is so fast he is invisible to naked eyes.

Actually you still can see his movements. No no, he isnt invisible

As for this fight ill go with AC sephiroth, KH sephiroth just looks outrages

fascistcrusader
Actually he can move too fast to be seen with the naked eye as seen in Crisis Core, he just doesn't do it often.

shin_gear
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
The fact that they took the time to make sure everyone knows Sephiroth is the most powerful existence in he FF VII universe is a sign they feel FF Sephiroth is strong enough to be worthy of such declarations, and the fact that they haven't done anything of the sort for KH Sephiroth is saying something. Look at it this way, KH Sephiroth is only a shadow of Cloud, FF Sephiroth has ascended to a level far beyond Cloud ever could, and is powerful because of his own strength, he relies on no one else for it. So they feel this way. To be honest I feel the same way, can't say I know for sure that SE declares FF Sephiroth to be above the one from KH. In actuality the same people I hear saying this are the same ones that claim everything in the KH verse is weaker. Mickey, Jafar, Tarzan, Princess Jasmin are weaker in KH because they're in KH.

I am aware FF Sephiroth is stated to be god-like. I support the belief (As of now after I've seen recent media of Sephiroth in action) he is above KH Sephiroth, but until I see actual confirmation from SE of that I'm not going to know this...and my current point is that KH Sephiroth can win a number of times. This is not a curbstomp in any way. It's AC Sephiroth, not Seifer Sephiroth. no expression

As for Sephiroth's speed, he can be invisible to the naked eye, but only in short instances. He can't keep moving that fast like the Flash can for example.

fascistcrusader
Not necessarily a curb stomp, but KH Seph has little chance of winning.

What point are you trying to make, AC Sephiroth >>> Safer Sephiroth.

shin_gear
Seifer used attacks that AC Sephiroth has not shown. I can believe that he is above him with a statement by S.E., but some battle abilities by AC Sephiroth that surpass Seifer's demonstrated abilities would be great. That way I can determine how this fight would go.

fascistcrusader
Just because he doesn't use them doesn't mean they don't exist. Remember in AC Sephiroth is not trying when he fights Cloud, he is simply toying and around tormenting Cloud, but he isn't wanting to kill him right away. Even when Sephiroth could easily have decapitated Cloud or stabbed his heart, he stuck Cloud in the shoulder and taunted him.

When you want to keep your enemy alive as long as possible, you don't use your most powerful attacks.

shin_gear
I knew all that you just said for over a year. I'm not saying those attacks don't exist. I said before on this forum that I'd love to see Super Nova in CG glory. So that I can imagine how this fight would turn out I look back at what these two have shown to do.

SHM
Originally posted by shin_gear
Most of the abilities you mentioned involves Seifer Sephiroth, which is NOT part of this match. Super Nova + illusions have not been demonstrated by AC Sephiroth, not to mention Sin Heartless Angel is an ability KH Sephiroth uses.

The creators stated that in the movie, Sephiroth is in his most powerful form ever. He is stronger than Safer Sephiroth, and we didn't saw him demonstrating all his power, because if he did that... He would kill Cloud in the first second of the fight. But he didn't want to do that, because making Cloud suffer and killing him slowly is much more interesting to him.

He used it against Avalanche in the end of the game. And yeah, he wouldn't win ONLY with telekinesis, but it would help.

He created Yazoo, Loz, and Kadaj. And the three of them could create the Shadow Creepers to help them during battle. Sephiroth and the three brothers did that, by manipulating the Lifestream. The source of all life in FFVII.

My memory is not very good, can you show me a video where he do that?

Manslayer, Sephiroth is invisible to naked eyes in Crisis Core.

shin_gear
I believe you. I still go by what KH and AC Sephiroth has shown to imagine how the battle would turn out.

You probably posted the video of him doing that in his respect thread. I'll check this out.

Thought it's not as if he created them in the middle of a battle, and aren't they his remnants. How does that mean he created him, weren't they meant to merge and become Sephiroth?

All videos on youtube of Sora fighting Sephiroth displays it. Sephiroth's intangible when he says "All shall be lost" and in the first KH when he "I am the chosen one". It happens at one point during each fight. It's to show that it's an ability he has. Anyway, FF Sephiroth is the better incarnation in my opinion.

shin_gear
LOL...SHM made me think "Sin Heartless Mother". stick out tongue

grey fox
What point are you trying to make, AC Sephiroth >>> Safer Sephiroth.

Are you HIGH !

Supernova >>>> Flying around and cutting down Buildings

shin_gear
He was stating AC Sephiroth was overall more powerful than S.S., I think, even though it's certain AC Sephiroth was toying around like hell.

Though, where is it stated AC Sephiroth was the strongest incarnation again? Just want to be sure myself.

fascistcrusader
When the creators ay there is nothing stronger than AC Sephiroth, nothing above him. That means AC Sephiroth is superior to all of his other incarnations, and everything else in FF VII.

grey fox
He was stating AC Sephiroth was overall more powerful than S.S., I think, even though it's certain AC Sephiroth was toying around like hell.

Though, where is it stated AC Sephiroth was the strongest incarnation again? Just want to be sure myself.

Bullshit.

fascistcrusader
What is?

shin_gear
I didn't see AC Sephiroth to be honest. I just saw "Sephiroth".

fascistcrusader
Its from an interview regarding Advent Children, and it was a statement about Sephiroth in Advent Children.

grey fox
What is?

Ac Sephiroth being >>>>>Safer Seph

fascistcrusader
No, that's very much fact. Demonstrated in Advent Children and confirmed by the creators of FF VII and the compilation.

shin_gear
Wasn't this that was argued? How do I conclude AC Sephiroth > Seifer Sephiroth from this?

Demonstrated in AC? AC Sephiroth showed nothing comparable to vaporizing a solar system.

fascistcrusader
Read my above post. That interview was all about Advent Children, and that statement came during the part of the interview where the characters of Advent Children were being discussed, and this statement was made about Sephiroth in Advent Children.

shin_gear
That honestly does not tell me that the author implied he meant AC Sephiroth is stronger than Seifer Sephiroth. Secondly, haven't I said it's right to go by showings? AC Sephiroth has demonstrated absolutely nothing comparable to what Seifer has shown in the first FF7.

fascistcrusader
Do you have trouble with comprehension? If the creators said that there is nothing stronger than Advent Children Sephiroth, that means Safer Sephiroth, along with everything else, is not stronger than him.

Because AC Sephroth was merely playing around. And what did Safer show that was all that spectacular anyway? All he did was sit there.

grey fox
No, that's very much fact. Demonstrated in Advent Children and confirmed by the creators of FF VII and the compilation.

So how am I supposed to see this ?

Adding in to the fact that AC Seph showed NOTHING to indicate him to be ANY higher then Safer. Also , when did these words become law ? Chris Claremont described that Storm (of Marvels X-men) was stronger then Phoenix (whom can destroy planets) he is clearly wrong however , but his status within Marvel should denounce that ?

NO !

Give me proof or else GTFO

shin_gear
They did not say AC Sephiroth. You're going by the thought that since it was a discussion about AC (which I've yet to be notified of so give me a source please) that they meant the AC incarnation when they mentioned Sephiroth in the interview.

Seifer did not sit there. He has shown to be able to vaporize a solar system. That's pretty much undeniable. It just didn't happen for the plot's sake.

And please let's not be hostile. ermmhug

fascistcrusader
He created his own lifestream, Safer couldn't do that.

The creators words are proof. They made Safer Sephiroth and AC Sephiroth, and they said AC Sephiroth was stronger. Its their story, therefore they make the rules. The creators have the final word on their story, you don't.

grey fox
They did not say AC Sephiroth. You're going by the thought that since it was a discussion about AC (which I've yet to be notified of so give me a source please) that they meant the AC incarnation when they mentioned Sephiroth in the interview.

And please let's not act hostile. ermmhug

You referring to me ? If so please use quotes , it helps identification.

Manslayer
Originally posted by SHM

Manslayer, Sephiroth is invisible to naked eyes in Crisis Core. Again he doesnt do it in AC where he is described as "his most powerful incarnation" weather nor not he was toying with cloud. Your using one ISOLATED case where he uses it to dispute the fact that in does it in ALL situations.

This the logic you have, "Guy 1 does X in situation Y, ergo, it means he can do it in situation or anywhere else for that matter"

fascistcrusader
Yes the did, in the same statement Nomura goes on to talk about how originally all three of the SHM were going to merge when Seph appeared, but he thought that was comical so it was changed to just Kadaj, here is the full quote

If they were talking about any other form of Sephiroth, the SHM wouldn't be mentioned and they wouldn't need to find a reason form him to re appear.

grey fox
He created his own lifestream, Safer couldn't do that.

How is this useful offensively ? Blade can play the saxophone really well but it doesn't mean he's going to beat Spiderman.

Next.

The creators words are proof. They made Safer Sephiroth and AC Sephiroth, and they said AC Sephiroth was stronger. Its their story, therefore they make the rules. The creators have the final word on their story, you don't.

Go to the Comic Book versus forum , come back later. Then we'll talk

shin_gear
I'll use quotes. I'm still waiting to see where it's stated AC Sephiroth is more powerful than Seifer Sephiroth. Because the interview was about AC does not cut it for me.

fascistcrusader
That's because he is not trying against Cloud. You don't use your best moves when you are merely toying with your enemy, its the same thing as him not using any special attacks and not using his negtive lifestream as a weapon.

fascistcrusader
Have you lost the part of your brain that contols logic?! Nomura was talking about Sephiroth in AC, and said of AC Sephiroth that nothing is stronger, meaning Safer is not not stronger than AC. This interview had literally nothing at all to do with Sephiroth anywhere outside of AC, he was not referring to any Sephiroth but the AC one.

grey fox
Yes the did, in the same statement Nomura goes on to talk about how originally all three of the SHM were going to merge when Seph appeared, but he thought that was comical so it was changed to just Kadaj, here is the full quote

If they were talking about any other form of Sephiroth, the SHM wouldn't be mentioned and they wouldn't need to find a reason form him to re appear.

laughing

NOW I see, you've taken everything completely out of context.

Nomura is sating that Sephiroths will to live and exist is Supreme not his physical strength

fascistcrusader
You really are a complete moron, aren't you? The quote says his will and existence are extremely powerful. It says nohing about his "will to live," it speaks of Sephiroth's very existance, and then goes on to say nothing is stronger than him.

"Sephiroth's existence and will is extremely powerful. There is nothing stronger, nothing above him."

If it was referring merely to Sephiroth's "will to live" it wouldn't say nothing is stronger than him, it would say nothing is stronger than it.

shin_gear

If they were talking about any other form of Sephiroth, the SHM wouldn't be mentioned and they wouldn't need to find a reason form him to re appear. You're still not getting that I am not reading it's AC dude. For all I know it's plain Sephiroth in general. Why would they give Seifer all these insane abilities and make AC Sephiroth look like a wimp compared to the other version?

And for like the fifth time, I go by SHOWINGS. Why? It's so that I can determine the outcome of this fight, as I've said several times.

Again, not mad at you or anything. I don't like it when people claim since this guy is considered more powerful than a guy who can vaporize a solar system, he would curb some other person despite the fact he has shown comparable powers and skills to that other character (that being the KH version) and I can see AC Sephiroth losing some matches against KH Sephiroth, just saying. The fact that he's vulnerable to Cloud's limit breaks makes me believe so, but yes, I'm putting my money on AC in this fight.
Have you lost the part of your brain that contols logic?! Nomura was talking about Sephiroth in AC, and said of AC Sephiroth that nothing is stronger, meaning Safer is not not stronger than AC. This interview had literally nothing at all to do with Sephiroth anywhere outside of AC, he was not referring to any Sephiroth but the AC one. My logic is fine thank you. What I've just said explains why I am not notified that he was speaking mainly of AC Sephiroth. It's speculation as far as I can see.

You don't need to make attempts to put me down in mere discussions like this. We're fans of similar things anyway.

grey fox
You really are a complete moron, aren't you? The quote says his will and existence are extremely powerful. It says nohing about his "will to live," it speaks of Sephiroth's very existance, and then goes on to say nothing is stronger than him.

"Sephiroth's existence and will is extremely powerful. There is nothing stronger, nothing above him."

If it was referring merely to Sephiroth's "will to live" it wouldn't say nothing is stronger than him, it would say nothing is stronger than it.

Note the words 'WILL TO EXIST'.

That defines that his WILL to exist is Supreme, existence doesn't necessarily define physical empowerment. Just that fact that he is physical , real, not part of the life-stream anymore.

fascistcrusader
This isn't rocket science. If it were Sephiroth in general, why would it only involve things related to AC Sephiroth, why would the interview say it is an interview about the making of Advent Children? Here is a link to the full thing, it is 100% AC.

http://flaregamer.com/b2article.php?p=109&more=1

For the fifth time, Sephiroth is holding back 90% of what he can do in AC. Of course you aren't going to see much out of him.

Safer can't vaporize the solar system. Supernova is nothing more than an illusion accompanying a magic attack, if it actually destroyed the Solar System, why are Cloud and Co still on the planet if it were just burned up? How does he do it multiple times if h destroyed it already?

fascistcrusader
I'm noting that you can't read. Nowhere does it say "will to exist," it says will and existence. Then after it talks about how both Sephiroth's will and existence are extremely powerful, it goes on in a seperate sentence to say nothing is stronger than him, it would not say him unless it was referring to Sephiroth himself.

shin_gear
Now there's one thing I do hate. I hate it when people ask the same questions over and over when I've answered them already in topics (Refering to the last question asked in the first post above me). Go read what I said on the other page please.

Despite if he's stronger than Seifer, he has lesser showings, and yes of course I know he's going to be holding back against Cloud in AC. How do I know of his true abilities though because I don't. Going by showings, which we people here in KMC do, I'm going to say AC Sephiroth takes this slightly. KH and AC Sephiroth have demonstrated comparable speed skill and abilities, as far as my KH and FF7 knowledge is concerned.

fascistcrusader
I see we're finally back on topic now, eh? In any case, I agree with you that AC Sephiroth > KH Sephiroth.

shin_gear
Great. We should've stopped when we noticed we both had the same opinion on the battle and not argued things just for the heck of it. yes

fascistcrusader
But arguing is so much fun.

shin_gear
Not when people are making attempts to put each other down it's not. no

shin_gear
Anyway, I think this match would go about Chaos Vincent vs. Weiss style for a really long time. Eventually FF Sephiroth would tap into his true powers and defeat KH Sephiroth, realizing he was a much greater challenge than Cloud ever was. stick out tongue

Hannibal-Lector
Well KH 2 sephiroth fights with his off hand (gives Sora a change) but it would seem KH is more tamed and not embracing Jenova (although embracing darkness/heartless and has desplayed wider variety of powers/magic). All we see in AC Sephiroth is a few vague moments of super speed (when they are inside the building and clouds looking arround and sephiroth just zips in front of him and chops the pillar in half as cloud barely dodges, and telekenesis: willing the building to fall down and what not). Over all i think Advent Sephiroth would win just cause KH Sephiroth doesnt really bother parying ^_^. and of course AC sephiroth can fly up to him like Sora except in a fraction of time

Remindme
Lol, I'm sure this has been done:

FFVII Sephiroth > Any other

KH2 Sephiroth > AC Sephiroth

KH2 Sephiroth > KH Sephiroth

AC Sephiroth > KH Sephiroth

Thing that bugs me is the AC Seph and the FFVII should have the same powers but AC > FFVII because it's later in the plot, but we 'have no evidence' sad

Manslayer
That's because he is not trying against Cloud. You don't use your best moves when you are merely toying with your enemy, its the same thing as him not using any special attacks and not using his negtive lifestream as a weapon. That doesnt change the fact he had ample time to do it when he acknowledged the fact that cloud was going to omni slash him. Infact he has more than enough time to do so. Don't be ridiculous and tell me that "oh so what if he had ample time, he was still toying with cloud".

Heres a hint at common sense, when you underestimate your enemies and they gain the upperhand and they get a chance to kill you,

1) would you be stupid and continue to "dick around" when you KNOW hes going to kill you
2) Or would you unleash what you have in your arsenal?

Its pure common sense, dont be ridiculous

Lana
I don't know how many times I need to say this...

But if you cannot debate without hostility, then do not debate. It's very simple.

Manslayer
How am i being hostile? Debators are like this most of the time in the SWV, and that isnt considered hostility

grey fox
Originally posted by Lana
I don't know how many times I need to say this...

But if you cannot debate without hostility, then do not debate. It's very simple.

What about facist eh ? HE'S being hostile.

Better yet Lana , whats your opinion on this ?

Remindme
Originally posted by Manslayer
That doesnt change the fact he had ample time to do it when he acknowledged the fact that cloud was going to omni slash him. Infact he has more than enough time to do so. Don't be ridiculous and tell me that "oh so what if he had ample time, he was still toying with cloud".

Heres a hint at common sense, when you underestimate your enemies and they gain the upperhand and they get a chance to kill you,

1) would you be stupid and continue to "dick around" when you KNOW hes going to kill you

Manslaying, Sephiroth was toying around with Cloud.

offical interveiw

"Also notable is that Sephiroth clearly flies, something that Kadaj and even Cloud cannot do. Further still, Sephiroth is much more powerful than Kadaj. During Cloud's battle with Kadaj, it was Kadaj that was on the defensive; he was clearly outmatched.In fact, Kadaj never so much as lands a single blow on Cloud. Sephiroth, however, had Cloud on the defensive during their entire battle and landed several hits against him and would have actually been able to end the fight by running Cloud through with his sword had he chosen to skewer him in a vital area rather than in his organless shoulder. While one might argue that absorbing JENOVA's extra remaining Cells made Kadaj more powerful, granting him the ability to fly, greater battle prowess than Cloud, and even a Masamune if he so wished it, there's also the very simple fact that Sephiroth does not have Kadaj's personality."

And he is part of the Lifestream now, meaning unless they work out a war of purifying it, Sephiroth will continue to exist in one form or another.

Sephiroth & Jenova

Sephiroth became the newest stage of evolution for Jenova, and anything "Jenova" does in the game's present day is simply Sephiroth invoking his new powers(UOG - "the will of Jenova as a human is the result of it consuming Sephiroth's spirit"wink. When Sephiroth came into the picture, the minds of the two joined, and Sephiroth made himself the core of the viral entity that Jenova was, with his ambitions being fueled by his desire to destroy all the humans he despised. Thus, his will manifested through Jenova's extensive psionic powers

Manslayer
Originally posted by Remindme
Manslaying, Sephiroth was toying around with Cloud.

Oh my god do you actually read my arguements rather than post without even comprehending what i just said? You just came up with something totally irrelevant

That doesnt change the fact he had ample time to do it when he acknowledged the fact that cloud was going to omni slash him. Infact he has more than enough time to do so. Don't be ridiculous and tell me that "oh so what if he had ample time, he was still toying with cloud".

READ it, i clearly acknowledged he was toying with cloud

Remindme
Originally posted by Manslayer
Oh my god do you actually read my arguements rather than post without even comprehending what i just said? You just came up with something totally irrelevant

READ it, i clearly acknowledged he was toying with cloud

Lol, sorry i had to post it in the 1st Sephiroth thread i found, but i only just managed to find it, ****nig proof he was toying!!! yay!!!

Sorry bout that, but seriously, this Interveiws lenge takes it, I've been reading this for like 3 days in my spare time, and this is like nearly a third of the way down.

See i'm not like you, cool and calulated stick out tongue

SHM
Guys, let's use logic and common sense okay? Omega Weapon was made of the entire Lifestream(with exception of Stagnant), and Minerva is the living will of the planet, she is the planet itself. Kitase and Nomura said that no one is above Sephiroth.

Now, let's think about that. If they were talking about Safer Sephiroth, it means he was already a god with controll over the Lifestream/planet(because Omega and Minerva can do that, and nothing is above Seph).
Then WHY the hell he was waiting for Meteor to hit the planet?! Why the fu*k he needed Meteor in the first place?! Because Safer Sephiroth wasn't a god yet. He wasn't "one with the planet" yet..

And now, let's look at AC Sephiroth. He was manipulating the Lifestream, the source of all power in FFVII, to kill the planet and move it across the universe as his vessel. Could Safer do something so impressive, outside of illusions? No. He needed external help(Meteor) to do something like that.

And all of that means they were talking about AC Sephiroth.

Seriously guys... Logic and common sense. Use them.

Remindme
Originally posted by SHM
Guys, let's use logic and common sense okay? Omega Weapon was made of the entire Lifestream(with exception of Stagnant), and Minerva is the living will of the planet, she is the planet itself. Kitase and Nomura said that no one is above Sephiroth.

Now, let's think about that. If they were talking about Safer Sephiroth, it means he was already a god with controll over the Lifestream/planet(because Omega and Minerva can do that, and nothing is above Seph).
Then WHY the hell he was waiting for Meteor to hit the planet?! Why the fu*k he needed Meteor in the first place?! Because Safer Sephiroth wasn't a god yet. He wasn't "one with the planet" yet..

And now, let's look at AC Sephiroth. He was manipulating the Lifestream, the source of all power in FFVII, to kill the planet and move it across the universe as his vessel. Could Safer do something so impressive, outside of illusions? No. He needed external help(Meteor) to do something like that.

And all of that means they were talking about AC Sephiroth.

Seriously guys... Logic and common sense. Use them.

She is not the will of the planet, she has good control on lifestream, but not the planet, which itself is called Gaia

And that is also incorrect, Sephiroth has access to Negative lifestream, which is what he uses to darken to sky. It's basically infected Lifestream, that's what he was doing during the time between FFVII and AC. Which he can also use to infect people with Geostigma.

One thing i don't get, you're talking about Safer Seph....how does he get thrown into this debate?

SHM
Originally posted by Remindme
She is not the will of the planet, she has good control on lifestream, but not the planet, which itself is called Gaia

And that is also incorrect, Sephiroth has access to Negative lifestream, which is what he uses to darken to sky. It's basically infected Lifestream, that's what he was doing during the time between FFVII and AC. Which he can also use to infect people with Geostigma.

One thing i don't get, you're talking about Safer Seph....how does he get thrown into this debate?

The planet itself is called Gaia, but Minerva is the consciousness of it. It was her who created the Weapons to protect it, Holy, and etc. I see her as "the brain" of the planet, and the Lifestream is "the blood" of the planet. And like you said, she has good controll on the Lifestream.
She is the goddess of Gaia, one of(if not the most) powerful beings in FFVII(and by consequence, Seph is equal to her).

About the Lifestream... He was manipulating it, because Negative Lifestream IS Lifestream. The only difference is it's color, and the fact that Sephiroth can control the Negative one because it's corrupted by him/Jenova.

About Safer... Some people said that when Nomura and Kitase stated that nothing is above Sephiroth, they were talking about Safer Seph and not AC Seph. I counter that with the fact that if they were talking about Safer, then he would be already a god(in the same level of Minerva or Omega) and wouldn't need Meteor to become one.

Safer was at most a demi-god. He needed Meteor to complete his ascension to godhood. AC Seph in the other hand, didn't need any exterior help to transform the planet in a vessel and travel the universe, because he already has great controll over the planet. More than ever before.
This controll over the planet/lifestream, is what he wanted in FFVII. But with Geostigma, he succeeded. He could controll the Lifestream... Becoming a god. This is why he don't want to "become one with the planet" in AC. Because he already did that. Now, he have a new objective, that is "using the planet as a vessel to travel the darkness of the cosmos".

Remindme
Originally posted by SHM
The planet itself is called Gaia, but Minerva is the consciousness of it. It was her who created the Weapons to protect it, Holy, and etc. I see her as "the brain" of the planet, and the Lifestream is "the blood" of the planet. And like you said, she has good controll on the Lifestream.
She is the goddess of Gaia, one of(if not the most) powerful beings in FFVII(and by consequence, Seph is equal to her).

About the Lifestream... He was manipulating it, because Negative Lifestream IS Lifestream. The only difference is it's color, and the fact that Sephiroth can control the Negative one because it's corrupted by him/Jenova.

About Safer... Some people said that when Nomura and Kitase stated that nothing is above Sephiroth, they were talking about Safer Seph and not AC Seph. I counter that with the fact that if they were talking about Safer, then he would be already a god(in the same level of Minerva or Omega) and wouldn't need Meteor to become one.

Safer was at most a demi-god. He needed Meteor to complete his ascension to godhood. AC Seph in the other hand, didn't need any exterior help to transform the planet in a vessel and travel the universe, because he already has great controll over the planet. More than ever before.
This controll over the planet/lifestream, is what he wanted in FFVII. But with Geostigma, he succeeded. He could controll the Lifestream... Becoming a god. This is why he don't want to "become one with the planet" in AC. Because he already did that. Now, he have a new objective, that is "using the planet as a vessel to travel the darkness of the cosmos".

Sephiroth > Minerva, that being normal Sephiroth.

Minerva IMO did what Sephiroth tried to do in FFVII became one with the lifestream, but she is the good version, and proabably didn't wound the planet to fuse with the lifestream. I'm not sure i agree she is the brain of the planet though, The planet Screams in FFVII when you first go to cosmo canyon, so the Planet itself does have a conciousness.

Sephiroth = Jenova (Loz, Yazoo and Kadaj were all fooled by Sephiroth)

I'll Co-sign the god thing

Though you are a little of in that last one. I do not know why he decided not to attain god-hood in AC but he is not one with the lifestream.

In FFVII he wanted to literally absorb all the lifestream that would come to heal the wound caused by the meterorite, thus giving him more power, like materia kind of power.

In AC he wanted to continue Jenova's legacy by going to a new planet and doing what she did.

Darkhalen
KH Septh have to be level 99 to even try to take this guy on

well not really

shin_gear
Would be nice to go by showings and not speculate what AC Sephiroth can do based on some quotes from an interview, just saying.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.