Who would be the boxer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darth malice
Boxing rules only

Skill only, no added strenght from captain america, who would be the best

Captain America
Batman
Blade
Wolverine
Muhammed Ali
Nick Fury
Mike Tyson

Zebedee
peeeeek human!!!

Gecko4lif
wolverine has a metal skeleington

are you ****ing stupid?

Soljer
Skeleington?

Sounds painful.

Gecko4lif
hahahaha lets laugh at the kid who cant spell >.>

Battlehammer
Originally posted by darth malice
Boxing rules only

Captain America
Batman
Blade
Wolverine
Muhammed Ali
Nick Fury
Mike Tyson

Logan HF alone gives him the win.

now if your allowing no power or adamatium skeleton then it him and capt. flip a coin to decide the winner

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Gecko4lif

Ha ha

Galan007
Originally posted by Soljer
Skeleington?

Sounds painful. Teh Pumpkin King is teh uberest. ermmgrin

endrict

Yup...if your not sure on how to spell a word properly, then look it up.

endrict
Originally posted by Battlehammer

now if your allowing no power or adamatium skeleton then it him and capt. flip a coin to decide the winner

Co-signed.

Kurash
cap or batman with no added powers to anyone else

jrodslam
Pure boxing and no powers or amp-ups like adamantium skeleton? Ali takes it.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Kurash
cap or batman with no added powers to anyone else

why batman?

wolverine and capt or more akin to use boxing type assualts then batman.

Kurash
why batman?

wolverine and capt or more akin to use boxing type assualts then batman.

yea youre right, for some reason when i posted that i forgot it was purely boxing

in that case captain wins

zbucsz
tyson, y cuz yall forgot that he threw nasty bodyshots not only that he can take a punch too and hes crazy wit a face tatto0

face tattoos=BEAST

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Kurash
yea youre right, for some reason when i posted that i forgot it was purely boxing

in that case captain wins

it a toss up.

Logans boxing prowess is likly capts equal

Kurash
captain america

Violent2Dope
Ali of course.

Caps Conscience
On an even playing field Cap would beat Logan in a boxing match more often than not. For two reasons:

Reach and height.

Switch 07

now if your allowing no power or adamatium skeleton then it him and capt. flip a coin to decide the winner Batman is clearly Caps equal.

Its out of the three.

There's no reason to suggest Batman isn't as good as boxing as those two.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Switch 07
Batman is clearly Caps equal.

Its out of the three.

There's no reason to suggest Batman isn't as good as boxing as those two.

see here the thing though. batman does not display boxing often if at all. if this was a kung-fu tourament or some such you be right. I jsut don't see him on there level in boxing but in other style is likly beyond them

Switch 07
see here the thing though. batman does not display boxing often if at all. if this was a kung-fu tourament or some such you be right. I jsut don't see him on there level in boxing but in other style is likly beyond them I am pretty sure hes done it in the past, Cap has as well.

Thats why we have no reason to believe. Its all speculation so thats why its out of the three.

Caps Conscience
height and reach b!tches, height and reach, lol

HueyFreeman
Ali

Zebedee
Wildcat taught Bruce how to box

Switch 07
Originally posted by Zebedee
Wildcat taught Bruce how to box thumb up

FOOM
Ali
Cap
Fury
(All the others would probably be disqualified for cheating)

tkitna
Cap or Batman

How would Ali or Tyson even connect with the heros mentioned? These are heros that take on numerous humans at once. I dont care if its boxing or not., Ali and Tyson wouldnt land a punch.

zbucsz
cap was a skinny lil kid before he took juice, batman he can box but he cant box like tyson in his prime ail was great too but he didnt really have a chin he was just quick

spidey-dude
balrog wins

Harry Fingerman
see here the thing though. batman does not display boxing often if at all. if this was a kung-fu tourament or some such you be right. I jsut don't see him on there level in boxing but in other style is likly beyond them Batman put down Grundy wit da boxing.

batdude123
see here the thing though. batman does not display boxing often if at all. if this was a kung-fu tourament or some such you be right. I jsut don't see him on there level in boxing but in other style is likly beyond them

Batman was so confident in his boxing style that he used it in a fight against Richard Dragon.

Bruce is definitely up to par with them in terms of boxing skill.

Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
Batman put down Grundy wit da boxing.

There's that too.

He completely battered Grundy unconscious with his boxing skillz.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by batdude123
Batman was so confident in his boxing style that he used it in a fight against Richard Dragon.

Bruce is definitely up to par with them in terms of boxing skill.

There's that too.

He completely battered Grundy unconscious with his boxing skillz. Ali matched Supermanboxing

batdude123
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Ali matched Supermanboxing

When he was depowered.

Not exactly that big o' deal.

HueyFreeman
When he was depowered.

Not exactly that big o' deal. He also beat George Forman in boxing who we all know is class 30whistling1

HueyFreeman
He also beat George Forman in boxing who we all know is class 30whistling1

batdude123
He also beat George Forman in boxing who we all know is class 30whistling1

You win. sad

HueyFreeman
You win. sad Scariest boxer of all however

batdude123
laughing out loud

TricksterPriest
As someone said, why isn't Ted Grant on that list? He's easily one of the best boxers in comics. Wildcat's beaten Vandal Savage in a fight.

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
As someone said, why isn't Ted Grant on that list? Because he's not.

Plus, no one said this...

Tony Stark
Boxing rules only

Captain America
Batman
Blade
Wolverine
Muhammed Ali
Nick Fury
Mike Tyson

cool

#1 Cap
#2 Bat
#3 Fury
#4 Blade
#5 Tyson pre-prison
#6 Ali pre-prison
#7 Wolverine

Switch 07
Originally posted by Tony Stark
cool

#1 Cap
#2 Bat
#3 Fury
#4 Blade
#5 Tyson pre-prison
#6 Ali pre-prison
#7 Wolverine

Your opinion = thumb down.

Battlehammer
cool

#1 Cap
#2 Bat
#3 Fury
#4 Blade
#5 Tyson pre-prison
#6 Ali pre-prison
#7 Wolverine
as always your opinion is crap

darth malice
wow dont take this so serious its just a stupid thread calm down

Caps Conscience
Cap would KO that whole list. Height and reach bitches. You better recogniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiize.

Jyppe
Can we get some feats listed here? Who has the best "boxing" feats of the bunch.

Superherovandal
well out of the list its a tossup between Cap and Bats for me. but for all I'd say Ted Grant would whoop everyone on this list at boxing

Kurash
after thinkin about this further i go with batman

Battlehammer
wow dont take this so serious its just a stupid thread calm down

im not taking it serous it jsut a fact his opinion is crap.......hell did you look at the list.

Tony Stark
im not taking it serous it jsut a fact his opinion is crap.......hell did you look at the list.

confused

Battlethimble are you saying that GODerine is the better boxer compared to either Tyson pre-prison or Ali pre-prision?

Violent2Dope
Tyson and Ali are the best boxers on that list, anyone else who disagrees opinion is crap. cool

hulkcpbifiussjf
ALI he's the greatest heavyweight ever he couldn't be b eaten in his real prime. Plus these are real boxing rules ali would get in their head win a decision because of his speed n jawing

hulkcpbifiussjf
here's my second post. Mike tyson is not nearly on the level of ALi. let's see i belive ali had a very long reach n he was 6'3 what's cap 6'5. O wait yes ali beat foreman, frazier, liston, and many more when they were in their prime

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Jyppe
Can we get some feats listed here? Who has the best "boxing" feats of the bunch.

Wolverine was a boxer/boxing coach in a X-Men Unlimited storyline.

Captain America once fought a boxer who wore a chicken costume and could throw multiple bunches per sec, and kicked his ass.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by hulkcpbifiussjf
ALI he's the greatest heavyweight ever he couldn't be b eaten in his real prime. Plus these are real boxing rules ali would get in their head win a decision because of his speed n jawing

lol

Rocky Marciano would have steam rolled Ali if they fought in their prime.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
lol

confused

Rocky was too small and too slow. 5' 10" 1/2 and 178-192lbs couldn't have gotten it done.

Caps Conscience
lol

You my friend, do not know what the **** your talking about.

srankmissingnin
confused

Rocky was too small and too slow. 5' 10" 1/2 and 178-192lbs couldn't have gotten it done.

The guy was a human punching bag that hit like a freight train. Despite his size he was one of the, if not the, hardest hitting boxer in history; Ali would put up a fight but Rocky would have ko'ed him.

He was an unstopable force, he would have got the job done.

Gecko4lif
bat jaw jacked spectre

His joober aura is strong like the force.

seaapple
Originally posted by jrodslam
Pure boxing and no powers or amp-ups like adamantium skeleton? Ali takes it. yes

TricksterPriest
Ted Grant>Everyone else on that list in terms of boxing skill. Ted's the guy who trained Batman and countless others on how to box. He's a former heavyweight champion. He's outboxed Vandal Savage.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by seaapple
yes

Ali laked the punching power to even phase any of the comic characters on this list. He used speed, agility and finesse to win... in which categories he his sorely out classed. He is fighting guys 5-10 faster, 5-10 stronger, and expontially more skilled; how on earth does he win? Ali wouldn't make it out of the first round.

darth malice
*sigh* your not supposed to be taking it so seriously

Gecko4lif
Catman is the best boxer

He would eat batman alive in the boxing ring

TricksterPriest
Wildcat is the best boxer

He would eat batman alive in the boxing ring
Fixed. wink And you are correct, sir. 313

seaapple
The post that I agreed with was about pure boxing skills with no powers, adamantium skeletons or anything. In terms of pure boxing skills he is the best on the list.

So how does he win? By the rules of boxing...he scores the most points by landing the most punches.

Ali laked the punching power to even phase any of the comic characters on this list. He used speed, agility and finesse to win... in which categories he his sorely out classed. He is fighting guys 5-10 faster, 5-10 stronger, and expontially more skilled; how on earth does he win? Ali wouldn't make it out of the first round.

srankmissingnin
The post that I agreed with was about pure boxing skills with no powers, adamantium skeletons or anything. In terms of pure boxing skills he is the best on the list.

So how does he win? By the rules of boxing...he scores the most points by landing the most punches.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

He is still fighting guys who are muuuuuuuch stronger and faster then he is (... and much better boxers)... so how does he land more punches? Cap, Batman and Wolverine are going to be throwing jabs that hit harder then any haymaker. Boxing comes down to speed, coordination, stamina, and ability to throw and take a punch. Do you think Ali is faster and more agile then any of the comic characters on this list? Do you think he is stronger? Do you think he can throw a stronger punch? Do you think he has greater stamina or greater durability? Coordination?

How can you say with a straight face that Ali is a better boxer then Captain America? That's like seriously believing that Bruce Lee is more skilled then Shang Chi.

Battlehammer
capt and wolverine. They have the greatest stamina of the group. They also roughly equals in boxing skill.

seaapple
It's like Michael Jordan playing baseball. How could Tony Gwynn possibly be better than him? It's what he does.

srankmissingnin
It's like Michael Jordan playing baseball. How could Tony Gwynn possibly be better than him? It's what he does.

confused

... that isn't even remotely similar.

What it is like, is asking how could Rocky Balboa be better then Ali? Simple. He isn't real. He isn't governed by the same set of rules and limitations.

Every character on this list has able boxing training and experience, more then Ali could dream of. So how does he beat stronger, faster and all round better fighters? Simple. He doesn't. Ali wouldn't make it past round one in a boxing match against Robin let alone any of these guys.

seaapple
confused
What it is like, is asking how could Rocky Balboa be better then Ali? Simple. He isn't real. He isn't governed by the same set of rules and limitations.

Every character on this list has able boxing training and experience, more then Ali could dream of. ...

Yes, you are right. I defer. Especially now that you explained your argument based on the fact that Rocky Balboa is better than Muhammad Ali. roll eyes (sarcastic) It's kind of funny how I forgot that whenever I read comics involving those characters there are always a few panel showing them training in the ring, fighting in matches, and honing their boxing skills continuously.

I guess I was just blinded by paying too much attention to them fighting crime, getting involved in love triangles, using superpowers as opposed to the sweet science of pugilism, etc...

I bet all those heroes, *even without their superpowers as we have been discussing*, would beat Roger Federer at tennis and Tiger Woods at golf too because of their agility and hand-eye coordination.

If the only reason why comic characters win here is because unrealistically they somehow have perfect skills in sports they don't dedicate their lives to then I'll grant you that. I have a different set of standards. I am someone who thinks it is ridiculous, even in the world of comics, where Batman supposedly knows "every martial art known to humankind." Some people here claim this. Maybe in a comic book world it is possible, but it is not feasible and diminishes the nature of the character.

Battlehammer
.......Logan could and would kill ali in a single punch

masterbruce
.......Logan could and would kill ali in a single punch so could Captain America, Batman, Iron Fist, etc...

seaapple
masterbruce, battlehammer...

This little sub-discussion started because I agreed with someone that said basically:
*with no powers or special abilities (just pure boxing ability)* Ali would win hands down.

I am not saying Ali would beat a superhero under regular circumstances. It shouldn't have gone on this long because it isn't about the main thread's question...but my point is that for pure boxing skills I think Ali is the best on the list, superhuman powers nonwithstanding. That is not the original question in the thread...it is just an aside that became a conversation in itself. My arguments above are to prove this side-thought. Initially all I did was include a modest "yes" smily to someone who made this point. I guess that lil smily spawned some contention though!

Do you agree with another poster that Rocky Balboa should beat Ali just because he is fictional and not subject to real constraints (as opposed to because of superhuman ability)? That argument is suspect to me.

spetznaz

Simply put, a real-world character cannot stand up to a comic book character. In virtually any regard.

Why?

Simply because the comic book character is an idealized (and fictional) concept, while the real-world character is based on real-world rules. Now, I know that the OP said that there would be 'no powers,' but think of it .....people like Batman take out military platoons and groups of trained mercenaries, and they have 'no powers.' People like Shang Chi and Richard Dragon, or Shiva and Elektra take out large numbers of trained (and mostly armed) exponents, and lay waste to them like it was nothing. And they have no powers (I am taking Elektra before she started getting all those 'extras' added to her).

A comic book character is basically an idealized concept ......which is why Richard Dragon and/or Shang Chi will ALWAYS be better than Bruce Lee. Whcih is why WildCat will always be better than Ali. Which is why Mr. Terrific can be able to win Olympic gold medals is BASICALLY EVERYTHING he does, and at the same time also has the title of the 3rd most intelligent human in DC Earth.
And that is why Batman is who he is .....the thing about Batman is not his intellect (which is prodigious), or his fighting skills (which are beyond exemplary), or his wealth, or stamina and physique, or resourcefulness, or intensity and extensity of exposure to a wide spectrum of things, or this or that.
The thing about Bruce is that he is ALL of those things wrapped up in one man. That is the thing that is (?) impossible about the man. Having all of that. It is like having an Italian underwear model, who can fight better than Bruce Lee, is smarter than Einstein, can run faster than an Olympic Sprinter, can run LONGER than a Kenyan marathon champion, is a skilled surgeon, an ace fighter pilot, an adept speedboat champion, a master mountain climber, a greater detective than Holmes, almost as good in the jungle as Tarzan, is a skilled zoologist, a learned botanist, a master rally driver, a natural healer, etc etc etc etc

That is the crux.

Ali and Tyson were boxing greats (in their prime), and in terms of the real world virtually unbeatable (in their heyday). However you cannot compare either with WildCat, who is basically based on the utmost that a human can be (as in the sheer perfection of what human would be), and than THAT is amped up.

In the end you have a character (say Shang Chi, or say Richard Dragon) that is what Bruce Lee would be in his dreams! Bruce Lee (at least in the opinion of many people, although not necessarily true) was at the pinnacle of martial arts perfection (so that this doesn't devolve into a 'XXX is better than Bruce Lee ....and that could easily be the case depending on how one looks at the martial arts .....let's just assume for the sake of argument that B.Lee was at the apex .....even if he is not ....). Anyways ....Bruce Lee is at the apex. Richard Dragon is above that .....he is basically Bruce Lee, but on speed (literally able to move so fast that attackers with guns cannot react), with skill levels that are insane, and attacks that are impossible in the real world (he is one of 5 people in the DCU who can use the Leopard Blow - driving all fingers through the skull of the opponent into their brain. The most famous of these people is Lady Shiva, but there are others ....e.g. Batman also knows the Leopard Blow. Anyways, Bruce Lee may have known how to do the inch punch - which is more parlour act than practical - but i doubt he would be driving any extended fingers through the skulls of people).

Which is why people like Ali cannot win against a comic book character. They are real-world people against comicbook characters that have young boys (e.g. Robin) taking out crack special forces teams!
When was the last time you heard of a kid who was barely a teenager taking out an armed group of Navy SEALs? Even movies do not do that .....only comic books.

The winner could be Captain America, or it could be Batman. Both have shown great skill at boxing (although based on feats Batman has shown better ....using boxing against Richard Dragon is like Ali using boxing against Bruce Lee). But I digress ....it could be Cap, or it could be Batman. Or even someone else.

Who it will definitely NOT be is Ali. Any of the comicbook fighters would take him out with ease. Infact, as blasphemous as this may sound, Robin could beat Ali while blindfolded (as in, literally, Tim Drake, while blindfolded, could beat Ali. The guy has taken on armed men in total darkness ....and while Ali could move like a butterfly and sting like a bee, I doubt he can compare with a kid who can tumble across rooftops hundreds of feet high and land on flapposts extending from the sides of buildings ....and do so with a smile on his face .....and land with one hand while upside down .....and then proceed to take out a bunch of thugs with his barehands ....before going home and studying for an exam ....and doing it all again the next night. Apparently comicbook characters do not sleep either).

Anyways, to a cut a (very) long story short, this is similar to the other thread that had a UFC champion matched against the Batman. Same premise ....the UFC guy is perfect, but he will not win against someone who kills crocodiles while bound and tied (and drugged with psychedelics) , and does this underwater. I don't care what style of Jujitsu or Sambo or KungFu you know .....that is simply out of your league.

spetznaz
masterbruce, battlehammer...

Do you agree with another poster that Rocky Balboa should beat Ali just because he is fictional and not subject to real constraints (as opposed to because of superhuman ability)? That argument is suspect to me.

Actually you would be right ....comparing Rocky Balboa and Ali is suspect.

However, Rocky Balboa is quite different from (say) a WildCat or a Batman or a Steve Rogers.

Movie characters, no matter how stretched, have more of a 'realism' fiber than comicbook characters (even 'human' types like Batman and ShangChi).

While there are some movie characters that approach comicbook characters (e.g. Jet Li in 'the One,' or for that matter even Neo in the Matrix), for the most part they are at a lower tier.

It could be argued that Ali could beat Balboa MUCH EASIER than it could be argued that Ali could defeat Robin (as a pre-teen, let alone the teenage version).

zbucsz
The guy was a human punching bag that hit like a freight train. Despite his size he was one of the, if not the, hardest hitting boxer in history; Ali would put up a fight but Rocky would have ko'ed him.

He was an unstopable force, he would have got the job done. rocky that real rocky was a bum the only way he won waz cuz of the mob everyone in boxing knows that

darth malice
Rocky Balboa from Rocky IV would pwn Batman in boxing

HueyFreeman
Rocky Balboa from Rocky IV would pwn Batman in boxing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9VqYpN3mUo
If Rocky has a montage, no one can beat him. Here's my favorite.

seaapple
I have a new take on this, but it is a digression from the main question that I don't want to prolong here. Check out my new thread on comic book Ali. The point is that we are also talking about a comic book version of Muhammad Ali...one that defeated Superman in the boxing ring (under a red sun).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.