Genesis vs Weiss

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Remindme
Both at Prime, but no Omega-Weiss hybrid thing

SHM
Normal Genesis, or Genesis Avatar?

Remindme
Avatar, normal would get destroyed wouldn't he?

fascistcrusader
Weiss, no contest. He is the perfect result of experimentation trying to boost human power to limitless levels, he is pure and untainted by anything. Genesis was the failed result of a failed project, imperfect and deteriorating.

Something might give G a power boost post DoC, but as for DoC:Online Weiss vs CC Genesis, Weiss takes the cake.

SHM
It's hard to choose the winner, because it's hard to understand Genesis' powers.

He merged with Minerva, the goddess of Gaia, and that makes him very powerful. But in the same time, he lost to Zack... He shouldn't have won of Genesis Avatar. It didn't make sense.

Remindme
Originally posted by SHM
It's hard to choose the winner, because it's hard to understand Genesis' powers.

He merged with Minerva, the goddess of Gaia, and that makes him very powerful. But in the same time, he lost to Zack... He shouldn't have won of Genesis Avatar. It didn't make sense.

Zack beats Genesis due to PIS thought that was obvious ^^'

Shin_Nikkolas
Maybe she didn't give G all her power? You think his ruined body could contain the full energies of the Goddess?

shin_gear
Weiss, wtf.

SHM
And there we have another example of Nikkolas' "greate" knowledge about FFVII's universe.

His "ruined" body could contain her energy, because it wasn't ruined anymore. His deterioration was cured when merging with her, it was cured because he merged with her.

I don't know what is more hilarious, you trying to bash FFVII most of the time, or when you try to prove you know more about it than me.

shin_gear
I think #2 is funnier.

Shin_Nikkolas
Provide proof. Never once stated in the game..

He has his original hair and everything back after the fight but there's zero proof his deterioration stopped during the fight after the merger.

Maybe it's said in the Ultimania? If so, I'd like a link to your translation.

My view from teh game was that Minerva rejected him. Thus, because she didnt' allow him to be with her, she halted his degeneration and inevitable death after his losses to Zack. She didn't allow him to die.

It's sad I know more about it then you when you said we see Sephiroth go intangible. lol

You're a joke and know nothing. Fanboys.

I also have a habit of actually supporting my case with evidence. you claim things and act like a superior jackass. You need to learn how to debate.

shin_gear
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wu9w57tbwgo

I see Sephiroth going intangible 35 seconds in the video. Don't you?

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by shin_gear
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wu9w57tbwgo

I see Sephiroth going intangible 35 seconds in the video. Don't you? Too bad that's not Sephiroth.

shin_gear
Hannibal explained why it's safe to assume Sephiroth himself could do that because of something having to do with Jenova or G cells so...

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by shin_gear
Hannibal explained why it's safe to assume Sephiroth himself could do that because of something having to do with Jenova or G cells so... So because Seph is a human with J-cells, he can do what a being made of nothing but J-Cells can? No, he can't. If he could go instantly intangible, why didn't he use it the many times he was pwned by Cloud(and don't tell me he was arrogant, I know that, but before Cloud could hit him, why couldn't he use it)?

Shin_Nikkolas
It's shown in the game and confirmed in the ultimania that people with jenova Cells can use her abilities to a degree.

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/698/698416p1.html

"This ability is not limited solely to Jenova itself, for those who have its cells within them possess it as well, though in an incomplete form.
Immediately prior to the start of the game, when Cloud's mind was shattered, he ran into Tifa and seemed to immediately return to "normal" (-->P.13); this was because the mimic abilities of the Jenova cells inside Cloud read her mind, seeing her memories of him, which were then combined with his own ideal vision of himself, fashioning a new personality for him. lls can use her abilities."

Now while Seph undoubtedly has a better control of this than anyone else save Jenova itself, I've yet to see any source saying outright "Sephiroth can do anything Jenova can do". Thus, ASSuming he can go intangible because she can is just speculation and nothing more.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
It's shown in the game and confirmed in the ultimania that people with jenova Cells can use her abilities to a degree.

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/698/698416p1.html

"This ability is not limited solely to Jenova itself, for those who have its cells within them possess it as well, though in an incomplete form.
Immediately prior to the start of the game, when Cloud's mind was shattered, he ran into Tifa and seemed to immediately return to "normal" (-->P.13); this was because the mimic abilities of the Jenova cells inside Cloud read her mind, seeing her memories of him, which were then combined with his own ideal vision of himself, fashioning a new personality for him. lls can use her abilities."

Now while Seph undoubtedly has a better control of this than anyone else save Jenova itself, I've yet to see any source saying outright "Sephiroth can do anything Jenova can do". Thus, ASSuming he can go intangible because she can is just speculation and nothing more. Alright, makes sense.

SHM
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
So because Seph is a human with J-cells,

Stop. Stop right there.

A spirit body(Kadaj) + J-cells(in the box) = human????

....No.

Sephiroth's body is Jenova. Jenova's body in FFVII = Sephiroth's body in AC.

Come on, that's not hard to understand.

And Nikkolas, you want evidence? Why? To say it's not cannon(like you did with the UOG), or call the creators "senile"? You are blind by your bias, fanboyism, and hate. You will ignore anything that goes against your opinion. But just to amuse you:

Translation of CC Ultimania:

"In CC Nero and Weiss are on a mission to recover Genesis, so in this case "will he agree to it?" means "will he agree to join us or not?" But, as in the response for A6-3, Genesis rejects it and decides to have himself sealed in the water-filled chamber below Midgar."

The text says he sealed himself bellow Midgar, not that he tried to find J-cells again to stop his deterioration. And after years sealed, he is pretty fine in DoC. And after being defeated by Zack, he said that he succeeded in his plan.

So yes, he is cured. But I'm sure you will ignore it... Because ignoring facts and evidences is what you do best.

Seriously dude... Stop! Stop trying to prove your knowledge about a game you hate. It's ridiculous and you are making yourself look like a fool.

No, wait! It's funny to see you making yourself look like a fool.

*Points at you and laugh*

Shin_Nikkolas
lol I like this. In fact, I love it.

I JUST said the UOG is canon in another thread.

I DARE YOU to find a quote of me saying the Guide isn't canon. Come on.

They are pretty stupid overall.

Already read this.

Because he's not deteriorating any more as I've already said.

Your reading comprehension problem is as big as Fascist's....

READ for once?

I fully acknowledge he's cured.

What I'm contesting is your unsupported claim that:

Want proof.

Sorry SHM. It's best not to ASSume.

I like CC. It's the only good thing about FF7 since...FF7.

And I, unlike you, back up what I say.

It's obvious to anyone who's read the script or watched the scene that Genesis is cured after the merger but what you said is that he was cured JUST as he merged with her. Afterall, i said maybe his ruined body couldn't contain her power and you replied by saying the merger cured him.

I want this proven with a quote. Otherwise it's perfectly reasonable to say he was cured after the merger and after she left him because only then do we see he's back to normal.

Lana
Shin, didn't I JUST warn you for that behavior?

Shin_Nikkolas
In case anyone else wants to see for themselves....

WARNING. SPOILERS!

Script Translation:
http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=156498

Scene in question
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHXZrxhQuh0

Shin_Nikkolas
Am I supposed to act civil and cordial when a guy is saying lies about me?

Lana
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
Am I supposed to act civil and cordial when a guy is saying lies about me?

Um, yes. I really don't know how many times I need to say it, but there is never, EVER any excuse for bashing or hostility.

Shin_Nikkolas
So, people are allowed to say flat out lies about other members and no problem?

Lana
That's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying you cannot retaliate without getting in trouble yourself.

Shin_Nikkolas
Oh.

That's understandable.

I'll try to control my temper better.

fascistcrusader
When have we lied about you? Everytime we respond to something of yours that just isn't right we quote you directly.

Shin_Nikkolas
Having just consulted a guy who has a huge Crisis Core site and did the script translation and makes the vids of the game, he is perplexed where people are getting the idea Genesis merged with Minerva.

It's a raeally cool site. Check it out.
http://www.silenttweak.net/

fascistcrusader
Chocolinx knows full well Genesis merged with Minerva. He is a regular on the compilation network forums, and he understands it there.

When Genesis transforms into Genesis avatar he is merged with her gift and using her power, the cave they are in has a statue of Minerva and he says he recieved the gift of the godess, a gift of nature that surrounds Banora, and then absorbs a whole bunch of spirit energy from the room with the Minerva statue and thats how he becomes Genesis avatar.

So yeah, Genesis did merge with/draw upon the power of the gift of Minerva.

Shin_Nikkolas
Wrong, as usual.
http://forums.adventchildren.net/showthread.php?t=91083

Mako, who writes up translations of the CC Ultimania....

And what did Choco say?

So, you are contradicted by people who have a far greater knowledge than you and who aren't bias fanboys.

fascistcrusader
Looks like its you who's wrong as usual nikk. Mako says exactly what I did, that Genesis merged with Minerva's power, the gift of the godess.

You really need to stop flaming, how many warnings is Lana going to have to give you? Also, Choco is a bit of a newbie, he though S cells were Sephiroth's cells, I know quite a bit more than him.

Shin_Nikkolas
Talking about what you said about Choco.

Considering he actually played the game, translated it and has the full script at his disposal, he knows far more than you.

Fail again.

I also like how hastily you covered your ass.

One second:

Next second:

You have no argument as always.

fascistcrusader
And look what my post says later. I simply made a typo in the first sentence. It should say he merged with Minerva's power, the gift of the godess, in the first sentence, like the rest of the post does.

Once agian you're wrong, nothing changes around here with you, does it? There are plenty of people who played through Crisis Core, didn't understand half of it, and have never played FF VII or any other compilation title. I still know more than he does. Try to find a valid argument for once.

I didn't cover my ass. I said Choco knows that Genesis merged with the gift of the godess to become G avatar, and then I said he can be a bit of a newbie. There is no contradiction there, so its you who has no point. laughing

Shin_Nikkolas
So, you're wrong and graspign at your superiority complex.

Gotcha.

Nope. One second, you say he knows something full well and toe his being a regula rmember of ACF as why. Then when he doesn't agree with you, he's a newbie and you know mrore than him.

FYI n00b, Gift of the Goddess is anything you want it to be.

Now stop being proven wrong and go away. No one agrees with your "Genesis had Minerva's power" argument at all.

not supported by an ounce of dialogue or scene.

We don't need your fanboy speculation here.

fascistcrusader
So you're once again reluctant to admit you're wrong? No surprise there, what is this the hundreth time?

You're the one speculating sport. No one agrees with me? Makoeyes, one of the most knowledgeable FF VII fans I know, said

Looks like you're wrong yet again.

Also, I said Chocolinx knew about Genesis avatar, never that he was some extremely knowledgable fan. Knowing about Genesis avatar and being a bit of a newbie aren't mutually exclusive terms.:sarcastic:

Run along now sport, or you're going to get owned yet again.laughing

Shin_Nikkolas
Which has nothing to do with him geting Minerva's power.

So, he didn't agree with you at all....

Man you're arrogant.

Like a child.

I'll just let the baby have his bottle.

You're right!

You're the smartest person around, yes you are!

fascistcrusader
Yes it does. He was drawing power from her gift, because he merged with it. How can you merge with something and become more powerful without getting power from it?

Also, arrogance would be flaming people with no provocation and becoming extremely aggressive because you lost. Oh wait, that's what you do....

Looks like you're the arrogant one.

I wouldn't say that, but I certainly have greater knowledge of FF VII than you wink

Shin_Nikkolas
The Gift can be anything.

The Gift from her you treat as her power. You haven't supported that with any proof.

You can't even define simple words right.

"offensive display of superiority or self-importance;"
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Arrogance

Let's see....says he knows more than people. Check "Superioty" CHECK.
Says his word is worth more than others..."self-importance" Check

Wrong AGAIN.

This is like a new high for you. How many times you proven wrong just today?

Still waiting on any quote saying Genesis got Minerva's full power....

Lana
Nikk, you are on your last chance now.

Quit with the flaming and the hostility. I will not say it again. I am fed up with it. You are not above the rules and you had better start following them or you are going to be losing your privilege to use this site.

fascistcrusader
So becoming more powerful than ever after merging with her gift isn't evidence of it granting Genesis power? Wow, there's nothing more to say.

Lets see, are you trying to make yourself seem superior in your FF VII knowledge? Yep. Are you being offensive? Yep. You fit the definition you gave to a T. Looks like I'm right again, sport.

When did I say he got her full power? I said he got the power of her gift, because he merged with the gift of the godess. You really need to start reading what I post.

SHM
Fascist, the best thing to do is ignore him. The guy is a joke.

Shin_Nikkolas
Sadly, you still can't read.
"The Gift can be anything."

As Genesis himself pretty much states with "there are many interpretations"

Afterall, J-Cells could be seen as a "Gift of the Goddess" despite the fact they have zero to do with Minerva or the Planet.

So, still waiting on proof it was her power.

All I'm asking for is one tiny quote. One hint. One anything even vaguely suggesting it was Minerva's power.

And SHM, reported for flaming. If you have nothing valuable to say ina topic except insults, don't post.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.