S02E05 - Fight or Flight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoo
Official Episode Preview

In Ireland, a lost Hero attempts to move beyond the past, but discovers that a mysterious woman is willing to kill to find him. Matt and an unexpected ally fly to Philadelphia to hunt down the "boogyman," following his terrible attack on Molly, but the pair finds themselves outmatched. Monica tries to come to terms with her new abilities and her role as a local hero. Suresh meets his new partner and gets a disturbing assignment. H.R.G. takes a step to further protect his family. Meanwhile, as Hiro continues to fix the past in feudal Japan, Ando attempts to piece together historically what's happened to his best friend.

Fight or Flight Preview

YJccc9M32Ts

Discuss...

Tattoo
I see Parkman's ex-wife in the promo, with a baby...but it looks like it might be part of a dream. Maybe the boogyman getting into Matt's head?

Captain REX
Indeed; she looks like she's in a run-down prison cell with Matt.

We see Niki flinging someone about...

Peter's painting!

And here comes Elle...

From looking at some on-set pictures, it seems that we've got quite a grouping of characters working together in one scene. In a few pictures, West is on top of Claire, looks like they had a rough landing as her leg is bent oddly. In the next few, Elle, Mohinder, and Bob are all out in front of an SUV. After that, there are pictures of Bob holding Claire hostage.

Those of you with dislike for West may yet be justified...

Strangelove
Hopefully not.

chickenlover98
why do ppl hate west. hes a good character

Strangelove
Originally posted by chickenlover98
why do ppl hate west. hes a good character Agreed. I dislike the West-hate. To me, it seems unjustified.

Entity
Like I've been saying guys like West always turn out the same way in these things.

Also wonder if Matt just ends up in jail and she's actually the one to come bail him out?

Mairuzu
hes just very cheesey and annoying... i dont really know haha

Ordained
I never liked Matt's ex-wife anyways. I always thought that she was going to be portrayed as a ***** on the show.

Captain REX
Agreed. She was...unpleasant.

I personally do not support the West hate; it's unfounded, so far.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Captain REX
Agreed. She was...unpleasant.

I personally do not support the West hate; it's unfounded, so far. Absolutely.

The Pict
I dislike West. Get a bad vibe when he pushes Claire to open up to him.

Mairuzu
Poor Matt.. his ex is a whore

Mairuzu
I think Niki Flung Mohinder

Captain REX
I couldn't tell for sure. I just know she was flinging someone...

S_D_J
Indeed; she looks like she's in a run-down prison cell with Matt.

We see Niki flinging someone about...

Peter's painting!

And here comes Elle...

From looking at some on-set pictures, it seems that we've got quite a grouping of characters working together in one scene. In a few pictures, West is on top of Claire, looks like they had a rough landing as her leg is bent oddly. In the next few, Elle, Mohinder, and Bob are all out in front of an SUV. After that, there are pictures of Bob holding Claire hostage.

Those of you with dislike for West may yet be justified...

well I don't like West because of his personality... and there's something about him, him with Claire and that thing about HRG... it seems too convenient... and if *that* turns out the way it seems... erm

but, yeah.. it is unfounded, I just don't like him as *him* that's all... or maybe it's cuz I like Zack more than West.

I think there's more to Nathan's reflection than just guilt... it seems like an illusion... and for a moment, it seemed like there was another Nathan in the mirror, kinda like Niki/Jessica... and this episode, he is in Charles' building, but it looks as though it's all destroyed, as if the bomb went off... I don't think it's real..

Mairuzu
looked like snow...

S_D_J
Originally posted by Mairuzu
looked like snow...

Dunno, maybe it is... but it seem to me like everything it's detroyed, like when Hiro went to the future...

well.. just gotta wait to see

Mairuzu
He thinks he sees peters body on the ground

Bespin Bart
The body seems to land where he sees it, though...

Strangelove
Umm, I think it's Peter falling out of the sky, not a vision of Peter's body.

Ericadawn
I thought for sure, I saw either Kristin Bell or Peter go invisible! Was I just seeing things?

Captain REX
I didn't see anything like that...

rickyduck
Originally posted by Tattoo
I see Parkman's ex-wife in the promo, with a baby...but it looks like it might be part of a dream. Maybe the boogyman getting into Matt's head?

wait.. you just told someone off in a different heroes thread for posting two posts in 1 minute... erm

Anyhow.. looks to be a good episode.

S_D_J
Originally posted by rickyduck
wait.. you just told someone off in a different heroes thread for posting two posts in 1 minute... erm

The 0 post is the starter of the episodic thread (think of an official thread), the second post it's his personal opinion.

It's a different situation than posting twice in a minute just to add some more thoughts, when it can easily be done using EDIT on the first post

on topic:
....I'm looking forward to this episode. Kristen Bell looks to be an exciting addition to the cast and her character certainly will spice up Peter's life

what bothers me though, it's that I'm pretty sure she will end up revealing what's in the friggin' box rather than Peter opening it himself

rickyduck
Originally posted by S_D_J
The 0 post is the starter of the episodic thread (think of an official thread), the second post it's his personal opinion.

It's a different situation than posting twice in a minute just to add some more thoughts, when it can easily be done using EDIT on the first post

on topic:
....I'm looking forward to this episode. Kristen Bell looks to be an exciting addition to the cast and her character certainly will spice up Peter's life

what bothers me though, it's that I'm pretty sure she will end up revealing what's in the friggin' box rather than Peter opening it himself

He could've edited his initial post. The problem with double posts is bandwith: in this case it still affects bandwith as much as a normal double post.

Bespin Bart
In the case of starting threads like this one, it's good to just have an impartial post to start things off, explaining the episode, etc. then have the poster's views underneath in a separate post.

When someone just keep putting down post after poster to add thoughts to his first one, it's just annoying to have to scroll through it.

Tattoo

doh

Captain REX
So...where's the clips from tomorrow's show? stick out tongue

rickyduck
doh

stick out tongue

Anyhow, I was wondering... why are those to mexican people the only non-american/english heroes? (except for Hiro, of course).

Captain REX
Excluding Hiro? The Haitian is from Haiti...

And Mohinder is from India. wink Yes, I know, he doesn't have a power. He's still a hero.

rickyduck
Excluding Hiro? The Haitian is from Haiti...

And Mohinder is from India. wink Yes, I know, he doesn't have a power. He's still a hero.

Ah yes, the Heitian, but hes not a Hero it centres on.

And Mohinder doesnt count! stick out tongue

S_D_J
So...where's the clips from tomorrow's show? stick out tongue

here you go

9XNFZ7g4hcg
or
http://media.tv.ign.com/media/827/827560/vids_1.html (better quality)

enjoy stick out tongue
( I haven't seen them yet)

chickenlover98
why havent powers manifested in other countries. clearly they dont wanna jump too far around the globe but its a big stretch to say americans are the only ones evolving.

S_D_J
Originally posted by chickenlover98
why havent powers manifested in other countries. clearly they dont wanna jump too far around the globe but its a big stretch to say americans are the only ones evolving.

maybe cuz the story at hand it's center around these particular individuals

and it is around the world: Hiro, Ando and family (Japan) Maya and Alejandro (Dominican Republic) Suresh (both of them from India.... you can say last season storyline started in India) Takezo (England), The Haitian (duh?), Wireless (Israel)... Peter is now in Ireland.... an so on...

rickyduck
maybe cuz the story at hand it's center around these particular individuals

and it is around the world: Hiro, Ando and family (Japan) Maya and Alejandro (Dominican Republic) Suresh (both of them from India.... you can say last season storyline started in India) Takezo (England), The Haitian (duh?), Wireless (Israel)... Peter is now in Ireland.... an so on...
Peter is American, so thats discounted from your list
Suresh' have no powers (unless you count Mohinders ability with his blood type).
Theres also the other english disappearing guy.. Ecclestone.

S_D_J
Peter is American, so thats discounted from your list
Suresh' have no powers (unless you count Mohinders ability with his blood type).
Theres also the other english disappearing guy.. Ecclestone.

no it isnt... Peter may be American, but his part of the story is unfolding in Ireland... and Ricky and Caitlin are Irish... so nope... Ireland is on the list.

while Chandra an Mohinder are powerless, their involvement in the Story and the Show is far too powerful than that of other "heroes"...
not to mention that Mohinder's sister had a power.... and that "dream kid" we saw in India...

Claude might be English, but he lives and "worked" in the US...

EDIT: ok I just saw the second video... and yes; Monica learns just by watching, not just watching TV, but actually watching it in any way or form possible

Strangelove
Ah yes, the Heitian, but hes not a Hero it centres on.

And Mohinder doesnt count! stick out tongue Mohinder counts. He's just as much a part of the show as the heroes themselves

Captain REX
Not to mention that it has been confirmed that Shanti had a power, in interviews, graphic novels (Blackout), and hinted at in the show. We don't know what it was, but she had one.

And then Sanjog Iyer, whom Mohinder interacts with, is from India.

Claude might as well be British, he's played by Eccleston...

Mairuzu
"and my mom, dont get me started on my mom"

haha i thought that bit was funny

Captain REX
Oh, btw. If you look at the list, there are international heroes. One from Germany, one from Kenya, etc.

Blax_Hydralisk
EDIT: ok I just saw the second video... and yes; Monica learns just by watching, not just watching TV, but actually watching it in any way or form possible

So then it is like the Sharingan.

HA! Just watched it myself. The Blaxican is right! It is the Sharingan!

And Parkman's dad can cast gengjutsu.

yes.. I am comparing everything to Naruto 13

Mairuzu
Good episode!!

im sure there will be spoilers from here on out... so im not gunna use tags

so is jessica really back like i guessed? or is this just a coverup that nikki is planning? thoughts?

Tattoo
Good episode!!

im sure there will be spoilers from here on out... so im not gunna use tags

so is jessica really back like i guessed? or is this just a coverup that nikki is planning? thoughts?

Me thinks Jessica was gone, but The Company is bringing her out again and will brain wash Nikki into being their personal strong arm.

General Zink
Blax, nothing against you, but I'm going to eat you next time I see a Naruto comparison. no expression

Parkman's dad is a bastard.

Tattoo
I was so surprised when we found out that Parkman's power is going to evolve. Does this mean other powers will too?

Blax_Hydralisk
big grin

And yeah, Matt's dads a real SOB. he has that weaselly look about him, though. You can kinda tell that he's villainous. However he's probably still gonna get killed by the super bad guy.

Entity
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
big grin

And yeah, Matt's dads a real SOB. he has that weaselly look about him, though. You can kinda tell that he's villainous. However he's probably still gonna get killed by the super bad guy. Umm what makes you think he's not the super bad?

I mean he's apparently capable of everything thats happened so far!

He could have easily make Kaito experience a person running him off a building and who knows what he could've made Angela see when she got all clawed up.

Maybe the power was even just part of his mental attack of Petrelli spreading to those around her?

And I don't think Matt's power "evolves" as much as you just enhance it with experience, skill and discovery of it's limits. Unless you consider that a from of evolution. Which I do but I didn't think thats what you meant.

What I think is awesome is that now we know what Peter really gained form his encounter with Matt and that he's really got something to counter Sylar's Illusions with now.

T.M
I was wondering.. as you guys have been saying, it seems Matt's power is going to, for lack of a better word 'evolve'.. so does this mean that Peter's power which he 'absorbed' from Matt evolve too.

What do you think ?

Mairuzu
If its even true.. i dont see why not.. i mean, its a tough call.. cause if you notice, peters powers are still not brought out to full potential, its like he has to learn every single power one at a time, which is tough... but to others with just 1 power, its easy

And for Sylar, he usually learns quick

InnerRise
I hated the lack of sound effects that went with Kristen Bell's Electric Power.

It lessened the overall reveal of it and the whole effect of it and decreased its incredibility.

It almost had no sound to it. I wanted to hear the crackle and Pop and the like.

I'm also not liking her with that long hair.

Did anybody notice her break from character when she whined very briefly on the phone to her "DADDY" that she wouldn't do it again? (Kill someone)

When I say "break from character", I mean the tough, in control persona she had during the rest of the episode. Could have almost mistaken her for the one in charge.........until that moment.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Mairuzu
But it was her dad...

InnerRise
Um...okay....didn't really say it wasn't.

Strangelove
I was so surprised when we found out that Parkman's power is going to evolve. Does this mean other powers will too? Is it certain that what he does is "hypertelepathy"?

I'm not convinced.

Of course, I have little recourse but to accept it, since they pretty much explicitly said it.Originally posted by InnerRise
Did anybody notice her break from character when she whined very briefly on the phone to her "DADDY" that she wouldn't do it again? (Kill someone)

When I say "break from character", I mean the tough, in control persona she had during the rest of the episode. Could have almost mistaken her for the one in charge.........until that moment. I don't think it was a character break. She wasn't as tough and as in-control as you think she was. It's just a mask, IMO.

Entity
Originally posted by Strangelove
Is it certain that what he does is "hypertelepathy"?

I'm not convinced.

Of course, I have little recourse but to accept it, since they pretty much explicitly said it. I don't think it was a character break. She wasn't as tough and as in-control as you think she was. It's just a mask, IMO. Well full potential Telepathy is quite the power to have and Matt's has just appeared to have a very mild form so his true potential doesn't really seem that far fetched to me anyway.

Thou I kinda wished they'd kept it as was. I liked the heroes with only slightly useful powers in the mix. They need more. Guess its part of what I like about Nathan. I hate his power because its so near useless and yet he's such a powerful character inspite of it. Even thou for some stupid reason thats the power almost everyone seems to want.

I liked how Bell's character acted. She's just a spoiled little brat with power I think!

Gideon
I'm disappointed with Parkman's dad. Big time. No, he is not scarier or "worse" than Sylar from what we've seen so far. Sylar is helluva more intimidating and frightening than this guy, who resembles Tom Arnold fifteen years from now.

If he's the super-villain dude (which, based on all accounts, he is), he'd better have some megakickass power. The illusion thing is handy and supercool, but Matt and Nathan overcame it eventually. I think it's obvious that Dad can't fight. So how does he compares to Sylar or Peter?

Kring, you better make this guy formidable, or there will be some major nutkickage on my behalf to you.

/End mini-rant. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since it's his first episode... for now.

Entity
Originally posted by Gideon
I'm disappointed with Parkman's dad. Big time. No, he is not scarier or "worse" than Sylar from what we've seen so far. Sylar is helluva more intimidating and frightening than this guy, who resembles Tom Arnold fifteen years from now.

If he's the super-villain dude (which, based on all accounts, he is), he'd better have some megakickass power. The illusion thing is handy and supercool, but Matt and Nathan overcame it eventually. I think it's obvious that Dad can't fight. So how does he compares to Sylar or Peter?

Kring, you better make this guy formidable, or there will be some major nutkickage on my behalf to you.

/End mini-rant. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since it's his first episode... for now. Well first off consider that it seemed obvious, at least to me, that it was Matt that overcame it. And since its revealed that its what his power may become that makes since. Its saying allot more about the power than if Nathan or another had overcame it alone.

Also this was only his first appearance and he may have several more tricks up his sleeve. Hell I think he probably planed that whole thing to be honest. I mean he knows when Molly finds him so I'm betting he knew they were coming as well. I think this story is quickly developing allot of potential and perhaps even more so than last years. Which if they top will be quite the feat IMO.

I think Matt will prove to be quite the Hero this season. Moving up to the ranks of Peter and Hiro possibly.

S_D_J
I was so surprised when we found out that Parkman's power is going to evolve. Does this mean other powers will too?

I'm not so sure about this "evolution" thing... for what I reckon he could have been lying to Matt just to take him to the other room to trap him...

but.. there's no denying the brain it's a powerful thing... he could be the next Charles Xavier....big grin

I like Matt's dad... he played them from the get go, I love the kind of Villain that looks like a helpless guy... they're so unexpected...
when Sylar wants to be a badass, he is, but I love him more when he plays the Innocent guy... he was great when he fool Mohinder as Zane...
and now comes this chubby guy that looks like Santa big grin

Originally posted by Strangelove
.... I don't think it was a character break. She wasn't as tough and as in-control as you think she was. It's just a mask, IMO.

I love Elle, she comes off as a spoiled little brat.... I think it suits her character, someone who uses her power to her advantage, she clearly doesnt have that much of a moral standard, she's been thaught to use her ability without any limitations... she was raised afterall within the Company

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
So then it is like the Sharingan.

HA! Just watched it myself. The Blaxican is right! It is the Sharingan!

And Parkman's dad can cast gengjutsu.

yes.. I am comparing everything to Naruto 13
no expression
Originally posted by General Zink
Blax, nothing against you, but I'm going to eat you next time I see a Naruto comparison. no expression

Parkman's dad is a bastard.

Ordained
Did anyone notice that Matt's power kinda expanded. He projected his thoughts into Nate's head when they were trapped in the illusion. So I think that that supports that theory that Matt's power is going to grow as well.

And I personally think that Ms. Bell did a good job. She had that whole Veronica Mars attitude going on until "Daddy" called.

Captain REX
I had been wondering if Matt's power would ever been reversible; if he could send thoughts instead of just receive them. The fact that he made it happen makes telepathy more valuable, in the eyes of fans, methinks.

I don't think Peter will tap into this too much; he really doesn't know what his powers are. He only just barely sussed that his painting was a prediction, he has trouble activating telekinesis and electromagnetism unless he has an instinctual urgency to do so, he read someone's mind on accident, he doesn't remember becoming a nuclear bomb...unless someone knocks some sense into him about what he can do, I don't think Peter is going to be the powerhouse that everyone expected this season.

Which I'm okay with.

The fact that people keep bringing up that "This power will put Sylar/Peter on par with Peter/Sylar!" is getting a tad old, though. They're currently on separate ends of the world; I kinda hope they don't meet for awhile.

~Forever*Alone~
awwww, the episodes keep getting worse and worse...

i think it has mostly to do with the script, cause if i muted it and add libbed it was much better.

Tattoo
Originally posted by ~Forever*Alone~
awwww, the episodes keep getting worse and worse...

i think it has mostly to do with the script, cause if i muted it and add libbed it was much better.

Teh **** are you smoking? This episode was AWESOME. Matt/Nathan nightmare sequence made the entire episode for me.

~Forever*Alone~
maybe its just me and my sister and all of our friends then?....

i dont know, i cant get into it anymore....

Tattoo
Originally posted by ~Forever*Alone~
maybe its just me and my sister and all of our friends then?....

i dont know, i cant get into it anymore....

Must be. The show is getting better and better for me.

Strangelove
Must be. The show is getting better and better for me. Agreed. Forever is smokin' something.

Entity
Yea Heroes is awesome and this season is developing the potential to top last season quickly.

If you don't like it well, to each their own and just quit watching.

I for one love. Its the only thing on TV I have to see anymore. And trust me I use to be a huge television junky.

exanda kane
I do think Forever has a slight point here. Heroes is playing a dangerous game in my mind; there is a limit to how many enigma's they can try and place before the audience gets bored and craves the answer no longer.

Think about the amount of cliffhangers thtat are being handled in each episode of season 2, I won't name them as it could spoil someones enjoyment of the show, but really, if the writers haven't got an ace up their sleeve to tie up these meandering ends, then the audience will get bored. Saying that, Fight or Flight had some great moments, balancing devotion to new chararcters with some fun old characters.

Just don't jump down someones throat because they're getting bored of Heroes being withholding, it is off putting for some people.

Just my two pennies.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by InnerRise
Um...okay....didn't really say it wasn't.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... THen that should be reason enough for her to act like that towards him.... its her dad...

Dreampanther
I sorta liked this episode, but I can understand why some people are getting bored with it. So far, it's like every episode is just setting the scene - introducing all the characters and all the plots. And this is episode 5 already, so it's understandable why people are saying they would like this series to get a move on.

Like I said, I sorta liked this episode, but there isn't much to rave about it. While I'm not bored with it, and while there is some action in it, I really crave a long, big, hectic full-on fight scene.

I want ACTION!

I want to see superheroes flying and leaping around and beating the crap out of supervillains (or vice versa). Or just Peter and Sylar facing off. Or WHOEVER! Just gimme some ACTION!

InnerRise
THen that should be reason enough for her to act like that towards him.... its her dad... Umm.....didn't say it wasn't reason enough, not that I'm saying it was.

If you have a question, ask it. Stop assuming.

Mairuzu
Umm.....didn't say it wasn't reason enough, not that I'm saying it was.

If you have a question, ask it. Stop assuming.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... Who said i have a question?

Mairuzu
I hated the lack of sound effects that went with Kristen Bell's Electric Power.

shes way to young to be in charge
When I say "break from character", I mean the tough, in control persona she had during the rest of the episode. Could have almost mistaken her for the one in charge.........until that moment.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... What im saying, shes still a evil badass from what ive seen, but the "break from character" should have been predictable.. i mean, its not like shes in charge of the company, she has to answer to someone.. i still think shes pretty badass

InnerRise
What im saying, shes still a evil badass from what ive seen, but the "break from character" should have been predictable.. i mean, its not like shes in charge of the company, she has to answer to someone.. i still think shes pretty badass I wasn't aware that anything of her origin was stated on the show. We learned nothing about her or this company, at least to my knowledge.

So based on the show and what was provided to us through the show is what my post was based on.

And how her "break from character", for lack of a better way of saying it, could have been predictable is BEYOND ME.

At what point of the show before her phone call did you say to yourself........."You know what......she's going to whine just a bit somewhere in this episode."?

And I feel you're kind of blowing my statement out of proportion. I don't want people thinking that I have a problem with it or I'm highly upset with it. It was just an observation.

Mairuzu
I never said it was predictable that she was gunna whine about something something during this episode, but i knew for a fact that she wasnt in charge.. and somehow (Just like HRG) she not really the one in control therefore most likely shes going to lose her short rep as being a badass...

might not have been predictable to you, but this is what i was thinking..

InnerRise
You know what........forget it....I really have not been privy to what you've been getting at this whole time.

If you have a question ask, b/c pretty much you've been assuming what my post meant and have been wrong.

I made an observation. It's not this serious.

If there is a main point to your posts as it pertains to my post, post it. If not just forget it b/c this is going nowhere.

Mairuzu
I guess so, I still don't know why you keep asking me if i have a question

Dreampanther
To me it wasn't a break from character - it was pretty obvious from the beginning that she was muscle, and not someone in charge.

In fact, it was very similar to the relationship between Claire and HRG - sometimes Claire is completely bad-ass, but when her daddy talks she still listens (mostly).

So for me it wasn't a break from character - in fact, just the opposite: I thought that small scene actually ADDED to the depth of her character, revealing quite a lot about her.

exanda kane
I think the fact that "Daddy" is high enough up in the Company for him to be handing out assignments is more cause for concern than her working on her own. This means things could get personal.

Only thing that interests me at the moment is the plot, these new characters just aren't doing it for me.

InnerRise
I'm sure once the 2 spanish speaking "Heroes" make it to New York and start interacting with the rest of the main cast that they'll become more intriguing to some people.

I'm liking the girl though and I'm very interested in finding out exactly what her power is.

She'll become a beast once she learns how to control it....if she learns how to control it. (I'm speaking of the one that cries black tears and kills all around her.)

I'm curious as to if her brother's power only pertains to absorbing her power or others as well and how that would exactly work. His power could turn out to be rather dull. We'll see.

The Pict
Must be. The show is getting better and better for me.

I actually spoke to some people on here who weren't getting into the second season. But I love the way it's shaping up and the episodes can't come quick enough for me.

starlock
One of the better episodes so far
i agree with some post, the show is starting to bore me, that new character from veronica mars is a waste of time...too many plots,i think its good we air our problems we have,it's only because i love the show..but i can only take so much

I love the idea of powers evolving..more of this please...please

Has anybody checked the ratings for heroes?

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Dreampanther
To me it wasn't a break from character - it was pretty obvious from the beginning that she was muscle, and not someone in charge.

In fact, it was very similar to the relationship between Claire and HRG - sometimes Claire is completely bad-ass, but when her daddy talks she still listens (mostly).

So for me it wasn't a break from character - in fact, just the opposite: I thought that small scene actually ADDED to the depth of her character, revealing quite a lot about her. Yea, she seems like a born killer.. scary

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.