Arthur Petrelli

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chickenlover98
http://heroeswiki.com/images/d/d0/Mr_petrelli.jpg

what made him commit suicide. what was his power? was it his power which made him kill himself? i want these answered

Tattoo
Originally posted by chickenlover98
what made him commit suicide. what was his power? was it his power which made him kill himself? i want these answered

We don't even know if he did in fact have a power.

chickenlover98
of course he did. he helped found the company.

Ordained
If thath's the case, what's Angela's power?

Tattoo
of course he did. he helped found the company.

Does he need a power to help fund a company?

*shakes Magic 8-Ball*

"Reply Hazy, Try Again"

Dammit...

*shakes again*

"My Sources Say No"

Captain REX
I've edited the thread; he has a name, after all.

And you do not need a power to fund the Company.

Tattoo
Originally posted by Captain REX
I've edited the thread; he has a name, after all.

And you do not need a power to fund the Company.

My post was funnier. schmoll

Captain REX
Yes. no expression

Strangelove
Mr. Linderman said in one episode that the erstwhile Petrelli was a man of "great power": Whether that means he had an ability or not is intentionally made ambiguous, but to be honest I think he did.

Mairuzu
Maybe hes not even dead! GASP

Captain REX
Nah...he seems rather dead...

It's funny that we get only a glimpse of Mr. Petrelli in the Group of Twelve photograph...

Mairuzu
Yes, his face is a little blurry and you only see his right cheek

Captain REX
I decided to add the picture to the first post; it's our only picture of him from the show.

S_D_J
for what I remember: he's well dead... there was that thing about him trying to bring down Linderman (if I'm not mistaken) in the first season... and, according to the GN, he didn't have a power, he didn't like freaks (which makes me wonder why he married Angela) Linderman came to him to fund the company

Strangelove
Originally posted by S_D_J
for what I remember: he's well dead... there was that thing about him trying to bring down Linderman (if I'm not mistaken) in the first season... and, according to the GN, he didn't have a power, he didn't like freaks (which makes me wonder why he married Angela) Linderman came to him to fund the company Umm, it's quite possible that he didn't know he had a power until late in life.

chickenlover98
Originally posted by Strangelove
Umm, it's quite possible that he didn't know he had a power until late in life.

what id like to know is how u realize it. i find it hard to believe that someone with say regeneration wouldnt notice it. hey look i broke my arm, now its completely fine i wonder how that happened?

ARE YOU KIDDIN ME? if the powers activate later ok, but id like to know how and why they take longer in some ppl, ie matt parkman

Mairuzu
I want to know how the Haitian found out he had powers...

there are ways to not know you have a power...

Bespin Bart
We don't know how or why, Chickenlover. It just happens that way, it's up to the writers. The Eclipse has something to do with it, of course.

Takezo Kensei clearly didn't know he had regeneration until he was killed by arrows, then revived when they were removed.

We know how the Haitian discovered his power.

In any case, that doesn't have anything to do with Arthur Petrelli. firefirefireph

Tattoo
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I want to know how the Haitian found out he had powers...

there are ways to not know you have a power...

Go read the Graphic Novels, it shows the time when the Haitian discovered his powers.

Mairuzu
Ahh, i haven't read it up to there yet... been watching scrubs haha

S_D_J
Originally posted by Strangelove
Umm, it's quite possible that he didn't know he had a power until late in life.

I thought that... maybe he didnt know by time he married her, but he certainly must have known when the Company was formed...

I think maybe that's why they had differences... maybe the reason Angela and Kaito got "intimate"

celestialdemon
It's suggested that they all have powers. Mr. Linderman had one. Bob has one. Matt's dad has one. Charles Deveaux seemed like he had one.

Mairuzu
Im sure he does

{{QS}}
Kaito didn't seem to have a power.If he did he was overcome relatively easily.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by {{QS}}
Kaito didn't seem to have a power.If he did he was overcome relatively easily. Well, not all powers are used for self defence, i mean he was old like linderman, not much he can do without his katana..

for all we know, he could have had the power to turn stuff green! haha.. i think it would be really cool if it was Arthur that killed kaito.. and hes still alive o_o

celestialdemon
Originally posted by {{QS}}
Kaito didn't seem to have a power.If he did he was overcome relatively easily.

Yeah, think how many people could have been overcome in the same manner. Linderman, Matt, Bob, the Haitian. So, it's no surprised he could be killed that way.

Mairuzu
Bob would have turned him into stone or something hah! or a gold statue

celestialdemon
Bob would have turned him into stone or something hah! or a gold statue

We don't know if his power will work on organic material or anything other than metal.

Mairuzu
Can't see why not.. but you are right.. would be awesome tho haha

exanda kane
I like his glasses. Look a bit like Horn Rimmed Glasses.

Kuchiki Rukia
His name is Arthur if I knew this I forgot.
My theory is that Arthur isn't really dead and that he the main villian of the season because Angela looked shocked and what would shock her more then the return of her supposedly dead husband. Charles didn't just seem to he did.
The power of healing.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Kuchiki Rukia
His name is Arthur if I knew this I forgot.
My theory is that Arthur isn't really dead and that he the main villian of the season because Angela looked shocked and what would shock her more then the return of her supposedly dead husband. Charles didn't just seem to he did.
The power of healing. lol thats what i just said

nmensfinest
I actually think I've thought up a pretty good theory on this guy and am positive that you are all going to be awed by my level of super genius. Well anyways, I'm thinking that Arthur is the killer, and not only that, but he possesses powers of possession (lol, sounds funny the way that came out), and that's how he would be killing everyone.

Now think back to the photograph of the twelve Company Leaders, and notice how only the right side of his face is visible to us viewers. What possible reason is there for this? Why exactly did the Heroes Production team go out of their way to have the actor be facing that direction as the photograph was taken? Could it possibly be to hide an extremely hideous burn, somewhat similar to that which Nathan keeps on seeing on the left side of his face (same side that can't be seen of Arthur in the photo), so as not to spoil a major storyline? Am I getting onto something here?

Now think back to when both Kaito and Angela receive their death marks. Who was around both times? That's right, Nathan was! We see him knock into Ando just before Ando delivers Kaito his paper, where the Death Mark is found, and he only just enters the room in which Angela is, whereupon she leaves and stumbles onto a death mark of her own? Coincidence? Or is dear old Arthur using his son to in part do his dirty work? It would certainly fully explain this burn that Nathan keeps on seeing on his face as well (that it would seem likely that if Arthur can possess people, a part of him can be seen on who he possesses: his burn).

Now let's look back to Kaito's death. I'm guessing that Arthur yet again used his son Nathan to do his dirty work. Now you may ask why he decided to use Nathan to kill Kaito rather than directly possess Kaito and kill him himself. Well firstly, consider the implications that Kaito and Angela had at some time in the past had an affair, and that Arthur had known. Could he, in fact, have wanted Kaito to know that he was the killer (which would be apparent if the burn does indeed appear on whoever he's possessing)? Might he have actually wanted to kill him with his bare hands rather than with his mind to really enjoy the kill? Plus, he would have known that Kaito's power would have left him pretty much defenceless in his position (as they clearly did), and that with Nathan's ability, he would have been able to pull it off (as he could have just pushed him off and flew away at Mach speed). The fact that the scene just before shows Nathan looking in the mirror and seeing the burn on his face would certainly support this, and when Kaito claims that out of all of them, the mystery man was someone he would have never expected, well, that could simply be because Arthur was supposedly dead.

Now think back to when Angela appears to have been attacked by the killer. You might ask how exactly she was able to defend herself against such a mental attack, if Arthur can indeed possess people. Well, consider that not only do we not know what her power is (thus, her power could certainly be one that could act as a valid mental defence), we've also already seen her resist a mental based power in the show (Matt's telepathy). Though, she could simply have extraordinary strength of mind, and while struggling to resist Arthur's powers, she wasn't able to properly control her own power, which lead to the lights blanking out (scenario I think is more likely). Either way however, she appears to be able to defend against the power, which would explain how she was able o resist his powers if he can indeed possess people.

It's also quite funny that Nathan was around the very time Bob's death mark first surfaces. Another coincidence?

So yes, I'm thinking that not only is Arthur the killer, but he's using his powers of possession (which is in some way linked with his burn) to either control people (namely Nathan. lolz, alliteration, how smart a I?), or possess and kill them himself. Now bow down before me my below-genius-level-of-intellect bitches!

nmensfinest
I also agree with whoever thinks that the 8th Isaac painting depicts Arthur rather than Noah. Both wear HRGs, and the guy in the painting resembles what we've seen of Arthur more than Noah imho.

Ordained
Your first post was hella long but you made some more-than-interesting points. Nathan is always around when someone gets their threat. I never paid any attention to that. And I was wondering why he always sees a burn mark on his face when someone is about to die. Good observations.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by nmensfinest
I actually think I've thought up a pretty good theory on this guy and am positive that you are all going to be awed by my level of super genius. Well anyways, I'm thinking that Arthur is the killer, and not only that, but he possesses powers of possession (lol, sounds funny the way that came out), and that's how he would be killing everyone.

Now think back to the photograph of the twelve Company Leaders, and notice how only the right side of his face is visible to us viewers. What possible reason is there for this? Why exactly did the Heroes Production team go out of their way to have the actor be facing that direction as the photograph was taken? Could it possibly be to hide an extremely hideous burn, somewhat similar to that which Nathan keeps on seeing on the left side of his face (same side that can't be seen of Arthur in the photo), so as not to spoil a major storyline? Am I getting onto something here?

Now think back to when both Kaito and Angela receive their death marks. Who was around both times? That's right, Nathan was! We see him knock into Ando just before Ando delivers Kaito his paper, where the Death Mark is found, and he only just enters the room in which Angela is, whereupon she leaves and stumbles onto a death mark of her own? Coincidence? Or is dear old Arthur using his son to in part do his dirty work? It would certainly fully explain this burn that Nathan keeps on seeing on his face as well (that it would seem likely that if Arthur can possess people, a part of him can be seen on who he possesses: his burn).

Now let's look back to Kaito's death. I'm guessing that Arthur yet again used his son Nathan to do his dirty work. Now you may ask why he decided to use Nathan to kill Kaito rather than directly possess Kaito and kill him himself. Well firstly, consider the implications that Kaito and Angela had at some time in the past had an affair, and that Arthur had known. Could he, in fact, have wanted Kaito to know that he was the killer (which would be apparent if the burn does indeed appear on whoever he's possessing)? Might he have actually wanted to kill him with his bare hands rather than with his mind to really enjoy the kill? Plus, he would have known that Kaito's power would have left him pretty much defenceless in his position (as they clearly did), and that with Nathan's ability, he would have been able to pull it off (as he could have just pushed him off and flew away at Mach speed). The fact that the scene just before shows Nathan looking in the mirror and seeing the burn on his face would certainly support this, and when Kaito claims that out of all of them, the mystery man was someone he would have never expected, well, that could simply be because Arthur was supposedly dead.

Now think back to when Angela appears to have been attacked by the killer. You might ask how exactly she was able to defend herself against such a mental attack, if Arthur can indeed possess people. Well, consider that not only do we not know what her power is (thus, her power could certainly be one that could act as a valid mental defence), we've also already seen her resist a mental based power in the show (Matt's telepathy). Though, she could simply have extraordinary strength of mind, and while struggling to resist Arthur's powers, she wasn't able to properly control her own power, which lead to the lights blanking out (scenario I think is more likely). Either way however, she appears to be able to defend against the power, which would explain how she was able o resist his powers if he can indeed possess people.

It's also quite funny that Nathan was around the very time Bob's death mark first surfaces. Another coincidence?

So yes, I'm thinking that not only is Arthur the killer, but he's using his powers of possession (which is in some way linked with his burn) to either control people (namely Nathan. lolz, alliteration, how smart a I?), or possess and kill them himself. Now bow down before me my below-genius-level-of-intellect bitches! Even thought this was long as hell, i read it anyways and you make a strong point, before i even read the part where you talked about the death of kaito, i had a feeling to where you were going with it, that the possession power would have taken nathan over and kaito knew it was nathan and knowing that Nathan wouldnt do such a thing.... that it was Arthur (if hes alive) seems like an awesome theory, should post it in the theory thread

S_D_J
Even thought this was long as hell,...

haven't read it... way too long stick out tongue
maybe later big grin

Mairuzu
Its a good read

exanda kane
I always imagined West would be more susceptible to control than Nathan, nor do I think Mr.Petrelli would have had a scar, but yet again, I won't rule it out. One of the redeeming factors of Heroes, apart from the cliff hangers (when they work) and the pace is the way the writers can hold open plot lines to quite a few possibilities.

I mention West because yet again I can let loose my dislike for the stereotype he inhibit's. The fact that a man with HRG abducted him and I felt the phsyique they shared was incredibly similar are moot compared to that.

S_D_J
Its a good read
I actually think I've thought up a pretty good theory on this guy and am positive that you are all going to be awed by my level of super genius. Well anyways...
sorry big grin I stop there

and then read that..

....So yes, I'm thinking that not only is Arthur the killer, but he's using his powers of possession (which is in some way linked with his burn) to either control people (namely Nathan. lolz, alliteration, how smart a I?), or possess and kill them himself. Now bow down before me my below-genius-level-of-intellect bitches!

maybe later.... big grin

chickenlover98
good theory. i thinks its a good one. it would explain the burns, but i see it as regret for peters death. i bet once he sees peter that will end.

starlock
Maybe hes not even dead! GASP

Hey this guy deserves kudos!...good call wink

Mairuzu
yay me

Strangelove
http://heroeswiki.com/images/d/d0/Mr_petrelli.jpg

what made him commit suicide. what was his power? was it his power which made him kill himself? i want these answered More accurate pictures now that the character has been permanently cast:

http://heroeswiki.com/images/1/14/Arthur_Petrelli.jpg

http://heroeswiki.com/images/2/29/Arthur_Petrelli_%28Lightning%29.jpg

http://heroeswiki.com/images/5/55/This_child_is_clean.jpg

S_D_J
So..... what happened to the glasses?....

Captain REX
I would blame regeneration, but he didn't have glasses even before... so I have no idea.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.