The Death of FF7

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
Let's cut the crap and get straight to the point.

Squeenix is raping the original storyline of FF7, ok it wasn't perfect . It was badly translated and at times needed some serious explanation (including it's own separate hand-guide). But this 'compilation' is taking it a little too far.

They just keep tacking on more and more crap to the original storyline , retconning large chunks of the game away just to squeeze more cash out of the public with their shoddy merchandise.

Darkhalen
that is true

ESB -1138
Originally posted by grey fox
Let's cut the crap and get straight to the point.

Squeenix is raping the original storyline of FF7, ok it wasn't perfect . It was badly translated and at times needed some serious explanation (including it's own separate hand-guide). But this 'compilation' is taking it a little too far.

They just keep tacking on more and more crap to the original storyline , retconning large chunks of the game away just to squeeze more cash out of the public with their shoddy merchandise.

You're just now figuring that out? Advent Children was enough but now it's Dirge of Cerebus also and soon Crisis Core and don't forget that DoC left it open for a sequel. Square-Enix killed FF7. It wasn't my favorite of the series (4 is) but now I'm beginning to like 7 less and less with each movie and game they add to the compliation. Enough is enough!

Lana
I think the fans have done a good job of killing FF7 as well, personally.

Every single person that's claimed it's the best game ever has made me want to play it less and less. I've actually had a copy for about a month now and haven't even started it.

shin_gear
FF7 fanboys can be a pain in the ass. One in particular made the claim that he could prove Sephiroth could and would beat any character created (and meant it literally).

Remindme
Originally posted by Lana

Every single person that's claimed it's the best game ever has made me want to play it less and less. I've actually had a copy for about a month now and haven't even started it.

That is just a shame, it's well worth playnig, but unfortantly it's true.

I have the same thing with Halo, i have it, but, i dunno about playing it...

ThoraxeRMG
STFU.

shin_gear
cry

ESB -1138
Originally posted by shin_gear
FF7 fanboys can be a pain in the ass. One in particular made the claim that he could prove Sephiroth could and would beat any character created (and meant it literally).

I think I know who you are talking about.

shin_gear
lol

Blax_Hydralisk
Eh. I never liked FF 7 or 8 anyway. They are overrated and boring compared to a couple of the other ones, imo.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Eh. I never liked FF 7 or 8 anyway. They are overrated and boring compared to a couple of the other ones, imo.

Like IV; that's my favorite and I can't wait for it's remake of the DS. The SNES release had 2/3 of the orginial script removed and the DS version is adding them back!

shin_gear
FF1 was the best. 313

ESB -1138
FF1 was the best. 313

Only the 8-Bit Theater version not the actually game.

vandalworks
i loved ff7. but hearing about it so much from people has turned me off. i always preferred ff8, it was slightly more grown up. still plenty of faults, but it felt more together than ff7.

i'm with you abotu halo also. people going on about it, i tried it before and it was just standard fps to me. never bothered since.

ESB -1138
If you noticed people stopped playing Halo once Halo 2 came out and everyone stopped playing Halo 2 when Halo 3 came out. Because they're the same game! People still play Super Mario Bros, SMB3, SMWorld, and SM64 to this day because they were unique.

Blax_Hydralisk
A thousand people still play Halo 2, and a thousand people still play Halo 1. The only reason no one plays Halo 1 for xbox is because it doesn't have online play. But I just played Halo 1 for PC and it still has hundred of people playing it.

shin_gear
Final Fantasy 7 should've been online.

Blax_Hydralisk
That'd be intresting to see.

Though it'd probably be crap lik eChains of Permethia, or whatever that was called.

shin_gear
It wouldn't. Now Twilight Princess or Red Steel online, those would be teh gheyness.

Blax_Hydralisk
Or Killzone.

shin_gear
Killzone actually looks fecking awesome. I saw gameplay footage of that a long while ago, and I'm not talking about the pre-rendered trailer. 131

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Lana

I found it worth a play... over-rated or not

I personally liked :

-the musical score

-the character design

-the world

-the story (it got a bit wierd sometimes, but not enough to ruin the experience)

apoc001
I liked FF7. My friend got it when we were about 8 or 9, and we played it everytime we got the chance. We liked it, because, even with its dark atmosphere and dramatic plot, it was still an adventure game. Now, with all these modern twists and interpretations, it's no longer about finding things or trying to finally kill Emerald Weapon; it's about anime-style fights that defy all laws of physics and emos. This interpretation has definitely made this game lose its flavour, and, quite frankly, I doubt I'll ever play it again if I get the chance.

Hannibal-Lector
Im an admitted FF7 fanboy, FF7 has been milked of all possible profits by Squareenix which is annoying. They also changed ALOT of things simply to please Sephiroth Fans (aka making Genesis not stronger than him although he was stated to be and making cloud weaker than him even though... well you know). Going by just the original, it was my favorite of the final fantasys clearly (followed REALLY closely by 10). It was stated to be one of the top 3 games ever created (that with starcraft and zelda ocarina of time) mainly for its influence in the gaming community. As a game, 8 and on are arguably better in game play and definitly graphics but thats not why its rated. It was revolutionary at hte time which is hteir main point and they have created one of the best villians of all time (rated first followed by Darth Vader... although im not sure how credible it is). Its just semi annoying that they keep coming out with stuff for it. Although, i find people unappreciating of it if they havent played it or play it with a strategy guild or having knowledge of the story line because that ruins the game (example: what happens to Aerith was considered the most shocking moment of gaming history via wikipedia... but knowing that it will happen ruins it, makes it ALOT less emotional and what not, same with 10s ending). yes its being killed by squareenix but if you think about it.. most things with sequals do that... (Pirates of the Carib., Matrix, most games). I enjoyed Advent Children but im not sure if i can agree that it was necessary... DOC could have been left out.... Crisis core... looks promising but i cant say since prequals are usually nicer than sequals for understanding purposes... Sequals just tend to glorify the fan favorite character (IE Vincent in DOC) and have nothing to do with original storyline

shin_gear
Originally posted by Hannibal-Lector
Im an admitted FF7 fanboy, FF7 has been milked of all possible profits by Squareenix which is annoying. They also changed ALOT of things simply to please Sephiroth Fans (aka making Genesis not stronger than him although he was stated to be and making cloud weaker than him even though... well you know). Going by just the original, it was my favorite of the final fantasys clearly (followed REALLY closely by 10). It was stated to be one of the top 3 games ever created (that with starcraft and zelda ocarina of time) mainly for its influence in the gaming community. As a game, 8 and on are arguably better in game play and definitly graphics but thats not why its rated. It was revolutionary at hte time which is hteir main point and they have created one of the best villians of all time (rated first followed by Darth Vader... although im not sure how credible it is). Its just semi annoying that they keep coming out with stuff for it. Although, i find people unappreciating of it if they havent played it or play it with a strategy guild or having knowledge of the story line because that ruins the game (example: what happens to Aerith was considered the most shocking moment of gaming history via wikipedia... but knowing that it will happen ruins it, makes it ALOT less emotional and what not, same with 10s ending). yes its being killed by squareenix but if you think about it.. most things with sequals do that... (Pirates of the Carib., Matrix, most games). I enjoyed Advent Children but im not sure if i can agree that it was necessary... DOC could have been left out.... Crisis core... looks promising but i cant say since prequals are usually nicer than sequals for understanding purposes... Sequals just tend to glorify the fan favorite character (IE Vincent in DOC) and have nothing to do with original storyline smile

Blax_Hydralisk
Killzone actually looks fecking awesome. I saw gameplay footage of that a long while ago, and I'm not talking about the pre-rendered trailer. 131

I beat Killzone 1 in like four hours and was not impressed. It's essentially like Call of Duty but with newer weapons. It gets tossed into the bin with Halo 3 of generic shooters.

ESB -1138
You say Halo 3 doesn't worry you, instead you offer Killzone 2, but Killzone 1 sucked before what makes you think we'd want it more!? Sony you went wrong with your PS3! It'll just keep playing my 360, I hope this song has helped you understand, now you know how you killed your brand.

shin_gear
*Continues to f*** Rouge in her bewbs*

ESB -1138
*Continues to f*** Rouge in her bewbs*

Dude you need help.

shin_gear
lol

Remindme
Just realised, FF7 fallen into the classic trap of the sequel

Takes The Matrix for example, you have a great idea then someone has the genius idea that a sequel would be a great idea, they fail horribly at the sequel (Some exceptions, top of my head exceptions; Terminator 2, Aliens and Die Hard) but release them anyway.

Classic examples: Grease, Dumb & Dumber, Jaws, Speed, Nightmare on Elm Street, Dirty Dancing, Friday the 13th, Karate Kid, Blair Witch Project, Blues Brothers.... and so forth.

I love the original FF7 but i do think the more they build on it, the more they sink the original glory into the dirt

shin_gear
I hate FF7 because of one particular fanboy named Chaotic.

Violent2Dope
Sephiroth is extremely overrated, people consider him to be the best villain of all time, when that is bullshit. He is cool, but as a villain he is decent at best. Also, Gear, what site is Chaotix on?

shin_gear
I'm not telling you. You stalk people on the net and are willing to argue with them for 200+ pages about videogame characters. cry

Remindme
Sephiroth is definatly overrated, but he is a good villain, but sometimes he's made out to be alot more badass than he is, then he looks silly......Plus my dad thinks he's a girl ^^'

Cloud seems either to be under or over rated, different places different times.

Aerith is the character thats underrated though, she is the best ^-^ her limits are the best out of all the characters plus i love her character

Violent2Dope
I'm not telling you. You stalk people on the net and are willing to argue with them for 200+ pages about videogame characters. cry Tell me. sad

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Remindme

Takes The Matrix for example, you have a great idea then someone has the genius idea that a sequel would be a great idea, they fail horribly at the sequel

I'm pretty sure the Matrix movies were based off a series of Novels, though.

Remindme
I'm pretty sure the Matrix movies were based off a series of Novels, though.

Merely as an example ^^'

Violent2Dope
I'm pretty sure the Matrix movies were based off a series of Novels, though. Nope.

Remindme
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Nope.

Comics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.