discovering powers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chickenlover98
how do people do it. i can understand if its an easy one like regeneration but if its say stopping time(still havent figured that out) how do u realize your power?

also why do powers manifest later for some people? ie matt parkman, where as micah can already use his? any explanations, or ideas

Captain REX
It usually happens instinctually or by accident.

As for why they manifest later than others, who knows? The Eclipse has some connection to it, of course.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Captain REX
It usually happens instinctually or by accident.

As for why they manifest later than others, who knows? The Eclipse has some connection to it, of course.

obviously the eclipse has something to do with it, but that's not true for every person, as it been seen, there are people realizing about their power just now... like Monica.

I think by accident seems to be the main reason for their discovery.

about Hiro, he must have realized by doing something unconsciously, and noticing it, he must had figured what happened, happened because of him, and tried to do it again (just like we saw in the first episode with the clock)... and well, he's a major geek, and discovering such power must have been one hell of a fanboy, geekish moment for him to just let go and forget

chickenlover98
i guess. but i really wanna know why some people dont realize theirs till later. parkmans should be easily recognizable if it happens. same with claire.

Vera21
Because they don't manifest. Think of puberty; your balls don't drop until then, and your voice doesn't get lower, and you don't get hair in odd places until you hit puberty.

Apply that to their powers; the powers aren't always going to be there and active.

Mairuzu
how would you feel if you found out you had a power

Entity
Originally posted by Mairuzu
how would you feel if you found out you had a power Depending on the power, more than likely unbelievably excited and thrilled! big grin

Its one of the two thinks I've always wished for but know I'll never have.

chickenlover98
Originally posted by Mairuzu
how would you feel if you found out you had a power
depeneds. if its a good one id be havin fun. ie telekinesis or regeneration.

then depending on what it is id use it. if it was telekinesis? a rampage. rob a bunch of shit, live th good life laughing if i got regeneration a whole bunch of shit since i most likely couldnt die

Captain REX
Well, we know what your moral standards are...

Mairuzu

Seriously lol...

Mairuzu
If i had like... flight oh man.. endless fun

Regeneration, i wouldn't really do anything, but it'll just let me do things that are dangerous and what not, and i can go down a dark alley without caring what happens

If i had say... freezing.. man that would be boring kinda.. at least i can make snow? ugh

Telekinesis, oh man.. id be screwing with people by picking them up hahaha, and of course letting them down.... or will i?

Mind reading.. wow, it would help you a lot, unless you can really handle the truth sometimes, depends on the person i guess

Invisibility... no comment AHAHAHHAHA... lets just say ill be visiting the womens showers a lot... I MEAN!! uhh.. damn

What i really want is Edens power.. persuasion! you dont even need the above powers! well... except flight cause that would really be nice still... unless you persuade people to make you a jet pack or something lol

rickyduck
Originally posted by S_D_J
obviously the eclipse has something to do with it, but that's not true for every person, as it been seen, there are people realizing about their power just now... like Monica.

I think by accident seems to be the main reason for their discovery.

about Hiro, he must have realized by doing something unconsciously, and noticing it, he must had figured what happened, happened because of him, and tried to do it again (just like we saw in the first episode with the clock)... and well, he's a major geek, and discovering such power must have been one hell of a fanboy, geekish moment for him to just let go and forget

Unconsciously? messed

Anyhow, I thought Hero found out because he stopped time in the subway.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by rickyduck
Unconsciously? messed

Anyhow, I thought Hero found out because he stopped time in the subway. he actually made time go back 1 second in his office, but im pretty sure he knew something was up even before that... i mean.. he wouldnt just randomly guess his power.. something must have happened prior

rickyduck
i thought he said something about him making the train come early in the subway, which is what he said to Ando.

Bespin Bart
He made the subway train late.

And Mairuzu, that wasn't entirely on topic. This is about how powers are discovered, not about what we'd do if we had 'em.

Mairuzu
it says discovering powers =3 im just saying what id do if i discovered if i had one! hahah

be specific!

Captain REX
If you'd read the opening post, the guy asks how powers are discovered. Listing how you'd use a power you discovered is not covered by the thread topic. ermm

Anyways...I have not much else to say on this topic.

rickyduck
Well it doesnt matter if it drifts off topic a bit.. doesn't really affect anyone that much.

Originally posted by Bespin Bart
He made the subway train late.

And Mairuzu, that wasn't entirely on topic. This is about how powers are discovered, not about what we'd do if we had 'em.

Thats the one. (Apparently Japanese trains are never late)

Captain REX
It can, rickyduck, it can. ermm

I'm sure Japanese trains are punctual, or Hiro would not have made his realization.

rickyduck
It can, rickyduck, it can. ermm

I'm sure Japanese trains are punctual, or Hiro would not have made his realization.

lol

Well, apparently the punctuality causes problems, like that train crash that happened a couple of years ago. Anyhow, off topic.

Was he on one of the Japanese bullet trains?

chickenlover98

hey hey someones gotta be the villian bro. big grin id like it to be me. besides id get bored of being evil. or mabe not. but i just know id be havin a shitload o fun

chickenlover98
Originally posted by Vera21
Because they don't manifest. Think of puberty; your balls don't drop until then, and your voice doesn't get lower, and you don't get hair in odd places until you hit puberty.

Apply that to their powers; the powers aren't always going to be there and active.

if you seriously could pitch that puberty speech to the creaters of heroes id pay you 100 $ cash money.

but seriously thats a big plot point id like them to explain

S_D_J
Originally posted by chickenlover98
if you seriously could pitch that puberty speech to the creaters of heroes id pay you 100 $ cash money.

but seriously thats a big plot point id like them to explain

I thought that was an acceptable way of explaining it... It's not "the" explanation, but it's a way to explain something fictitious in a relatable way

Captain REX
I'd prefer that they don't explain it. ermm It takes away the mystery.

chickenlover98
well al mysteries have a solution. it would make sense to explain it, since it seems odd the way their doing it. i would appreciate an explanation, because it seems like it would be an interesting piece of info

Captain REX
Not all mysteries can be revealed, or should be. This is one of them.

chickenlover98
Not all mysteries can be revealed, or should be. This is one of them.

lets agree to disagree. i think its a very important part to the heroes universe and should be explained.

Captain REX
Why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.