Captain Planet v.s Storm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Capt Spaulding
yes

Symmetric Chaos
I don't think he can fight her . . .

2damnloud
Storm ftw

She's universal and basically IS Gaia and then some.

Doctor-Alvis
He's a hero

Capt Spaulding
Originally posted by 2damnloud
Storm ftw

your racist...no expression i don't know how else to put it, you are without a doubt, racist.

Creshosk
Storm ftw

She's universal and basically IS Gaia and then some. durpot

Symmetric Chaos
Storm ftw

She's better than someone with no feats? Cool.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
She's better than someone with no feats? Cool. Gaia has a feat. Gaia made the planeteer rings, something Storm hasn't shown able to do. 313

Soljer
Did (s)he just say that Storm was universal?

superkronick92
Please, if Captain Planet can take pollution down to zero, he can certainly tangle with Storm. Hell Planet gets his punk ass goons(aka The Planeteers) to fight her.

On a side note, Captains villains were pretty weird, wasn't there a morbidly obese SUV dealer or something like that?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Creshosk
Gaia has a feat. Gaia made the planeteer rings, something Storm hasn't shown able to do. 313

Storm has the power of Heart wink1

JasonK4
smile

Soljer
Storm has the power of Heart wink1

Does she get the little monkey?

The monkey saved their asses every damned episode.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by superkronick92
Please, if Captain Planet can take pollution down to zero, he can certainly tangle with Storm. Hell Planet gets his punk ass goons(aka The Planeteers) to fight her.

But because Storm's powers are essentially part of nature I don't think they would be allowed to fight her (if they actually fought her durability would doom her of course)

Doctor-Alvis
I thought the weirdest one was the guy from the future with the space ship that could just eat raw materials and crap out whatever he wanted.

Also, he's our powers magnified

nvrbeenwthagirl
Storm ftw

You are not serious are you?

superkronick92
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I thought the weirdest one was the guy from the future with the space ship that could just eat raw materials and crap out whatever he wanted.

Also, he's our powers magnified

I'm glad he's on "the planet's side" big grin

Violent2Dope
Oh please, Planet is more of an omniversal type being. Has Storm ever put a sunder badguys that like to loot and plunder(YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS, CAPTAIN PLANET!)

THE POWER IS YOUR'S!!

oO41GWNePDI

TricksterPriest
durpot

thumb up durpot This is one of your best yet.

Creshosk
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
thumb up durpot This is one of your best yet. Why aren't you on MSN?

JasonK4
Why aren't you on MSN?
He hates us.

cryoh

Rorschach
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Oh please, Planet is more of an omniversal type being. Has Storm ever put a sunder badguys that like to loot and plunder(YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS, CAPTAIN PLANET!)

THE POWER IS YOUR'S!!

oO41GWNePDI

I actually used to like that show. embarrasment

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Rorschach
I actually used to like that show. embarrasment So did I. cool

Creshosk
So did I. cool So did I.

However I hated how water always had to have a source... Earth and wind are plentiful, and fire can be made for no reason, but if there's no water around you're out of luck.

Validus
So did I. cool
So did everyone. CP was THE show to watch in the morning before school. Right along with VR Troopers. laughing out loud

SevenShackles
CP wins... =/ all storm can do is clean him up and charge his batteries... throw him in the sun he be a-okay... he is f%cking captain planet.

Soljer
So did I.

However I hated how water always had to have a source... Earth and wind are plentiful, and fire can be made for no reason, but if there's no water around you're out of luck.

You're serious? That happened?

Earth's atmosphere is like 3% water vapor near the surface....

Creshosk
Originally posted by Soljer
You're serious? That happened?

Earth's atmosphere is like 3% water vapor near the surface.... Yup. Without standing bodies of water to use Gi couldn't do anything.

Kwami always had plenty of Earth (duh), and Linka had plenty of Wind (Also makes sense). And Mati's was the "5th element" and couldalways use his.

That was perfectly fine Earth and Air was plentiful, and heart was a comunication sort of thing.

Wheeler could just shoot fire out whenever he needed to no source needed fire would just spout out from his ring.

But Gi? Nope, she couldn't make water just spray from her ring, she had to have some water visibly nearby.

Symmetric Chaos
Yup. Without standing bodies of water to use Gi couldn't do anything.

Kwami always had plenty of Earth (duh), and Linka had plenty of Wind (Also makes sense). And Mati's was the "5th element" and couldalways use his.

That was perfectly fine Earth and Air was plentiful, and heart was a comunication sort of thing.

Wheeler could just shoot fire out whenever he needed to no source needed fire would just spout out from his ring.

But Gi? Nope, she couldn't make water just spray from her ring, she had to have some water visibly nearby.

Fire exists in the form on natural heat produced by the body. At least that's the explanation given in Avatar.

Validus
Fire exists in the form on natural heat produced by the body. At least that's the explanation given in Avatar.
I bet there's more water in the human body than fire. stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Validus
I bet there's more water in the human body than fire. stick out tongue

Yup. But using as a supply would be lethal stick out tongue

However it is possible to use the water in an organism to turn it into a puppet.

Creshosk
Fire exists in the form on natural heat produced by the body. At least that's the explanation given in Avatar. Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

However it is possible to use the water in an organism to turn it into a puppet. It's a wonder fire benders don't all get hypothermia when they shoot their body heat at people. 313

Symmetric Chaos
It's a wonder fire benders don't all get hypothermia when they shoot their body heat at people. 313

Thats because Air and Fire bending enhance any existing expression of the element before using it. Not that I've spent much time analyzing how the various forms of bending work.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Validus
So did everyone. CP was THE show to watch in the morning before school. Right along with VR Troopers. laughing out loud I still remember the song to VR troopers

Does that make me a nerd? raver

"We are, We are VR"

Doctor-Alvis

However it is possible to use the water in an organism to turn it into a puppet.
What was weird is even if she had a puddle she could spew lakes of water out of it.

Hitman911
Captain Planet has a very impressive array of powers: he can fly, has great strength, the ability to blow hurricane force winds, telepathy, telekinesis, shapeshifting, matter transmutation, and virtually any other super-power required by the circumstances currently facing him, which, in fact was one of the criticisms against the show. Much like Superman and his kryptonite, however, Captain Planet also possesses weaknesses to pollution, radiation, toxic waste, smog, etc (In addition to Pollution, sheer hatred seems to weaken Captain Planet as well, as noted in the 6th Season Episode "A Good Bomb is Hard to Find" where Hitler's mere presence weakened him). The powers of the Planeteers' rings are also diminished by excessive pollution in the environment around them. He, like Gaia, is also bound to the physical realm of Earth: while capable of flying into space, his powers -- and even his very existence -- begin to fade the further away he gets from the planet. Conversely, Captain Planet is often healed from the damage he sustains from pollution by absorbing solar energy.

Captain Planet is an ancient entity, who has served with Gaia for many centuries (possibly even longer). While his appearance and certain mannerisms are taken directly from the minds of the Planeteers, he is a sentient being, with his own will. He is also quite aware of current events, even those that occur when he is not active. His modern-day superhero attire and name seem to stem from the modern world, as even Gaia does not give his name in the beginning. Any previous names or forms were never revealed, however.

Captain Planet is possessed of a wry sense of humor and has been known to crack jokes and use puns at times as well.

Without pollution he is a god.
Storm Loses.
Dont forget he is Beyond weather manipulation.

Capt Spaulding
Even when I was little I hated Ted Turner's alterego, Captain Planet

Accel
I don't remember watching VR Troopers at all. Must've come on around the same time as Mummies Alive or something.

stormfront
wow. and people try to clown other people on using wikipedia. storm wins.

Doctor-Alvis
Yeah, you really need a more concrete foundation when debating with Captain Planet.

Symmetric Chaos
Yeah, you really need a more concrete foundation when debating with Captain Planet.

OK can Storm summon up massive pollution from nowhere? How about emitting evil on a level with Hitler?

Cause if she can hit either of those weaknesses . . .

Doctor-Alvis
I'm sorry, I thought Captain Planet was a joke character and not someone people took seriously.

Symmetric Chaos
I'm sorry, I thought Captain Planet was a joke character and not someone people took seriously.

You. Thought. Wrong. no expression

no expression

Doctor-Alvis
I feel like I wasted some scroll downs!

Symmetric Chaos
I feel like I wasted some scroll downs!

evillaugh

Hitman911
CP is like Emma Frost(Diamond Skin), and Superman!!!
Naw seriously, anyone who can fly in circles fast enough to create a tornado can easily speed blitz Storm FTW!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.