Dr. Strange (w/complete Cosmic Cube) vs. DOV Spectre

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sundipped
Let's assume that Strange has had training in weilding the cube first.
Who pulls this 1 out?

Mr Master
Originally posted by Sundipped
Let's assume that Strange has had training in weilding the cube first.
Who pulls this 1 out?

I know all about the a well wielded Cube's capabilities,
what are DOV Spectre's?

lordboo
Originally posted by Mr Master
I know all about the a well wielded Cube's capabilities,
what are DOV Spectre's?

getting hammered by a amped captain marvel for a while smile

Sundipped
Originally posted by lordboo
getting hammered by a amped captain marvel for a while smile

Amped as in having the powers of thousands of mystics from across many different dimensions. Spectre was able to take out The Lords of Order, Phantom Stranger, Shazam and others with little effort.

Mr Master
Her are a few Single Cube feats:

One CCU has been known to make one the 616 Universe (Thanos)

One CCU has been known to remake a Universe over 72 times (Korvac)

One CCU has been known to create at least Three UniverseS from scratch,
and then stack those Three UniverseS on top of the 616 Reality.
(that's an awesome feat ... especially because it involves the 616 Reality)

616 Reality = the power of the Prime Multiverse.

One CCU was being used in tiny gum sized fractions,
to make gods of heroes (as in, giving them the power to make their own Realities)
This took place in Earth Paradise.
In that arc, the CCU was refered to as, "god in a box"

lordboo
Amped as in having the powers of thousands of mystics from across many different dimensions. Spectre was able to take out The Lords of Order, Phantom Stranger, Shazam and others with little effort.
im not doubting that or spectre ,just sayin marvel pasted him for a while!

Space M ummy
This one's a bit hard to argue, but I'd probably give it to strange with the CCU.

Per mephisto, CCU's don't really HAVE any limitations that aren't self imposed. (i.e. they won't mess with souls, or cause mass genocide.) They (and cube beings) have been shown to remake worlds and universes several times over.

Had DOV spectre been at the power level of a true CCU, he wouldn't have HAD to fistfight captain marvel or shazam. He could have quite literally simply willed them out of existence. Hell, he could have depowered every magical being that exists in DC with a thought.

But he didn't, so I'm going with the CCU as stronger.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Space M ummy
This one's a bit hard to argue, but I'd probably give it to strange with the CCU.

Per mephisto, CCU's don't really HAVE any limitations that aren't self imposed. (i.e. they won't mess with souls, or cause mass genocide.) They (and cube beings) have been shown to remake worlds and universes several times over.

Had DOV spectre been at the power level of a true CCU, he wouldn't have HAD to fistfight captain marvel or shazam. He could have quite literally simply willed them out of existence. Hell, he could have depowered every magical being that exists in DC with a thought.

But he didn't, so I'm going with the CCU as stronger.

Spectre was manipulated by Eclipso and as a result took the fistfighting method to eliminate all magic. Even though he could have willed everybody out but didn't doesn't take away from his ability to do so. As was shown, Spectre is still a beast without using the "will em out" technique.

Superherovandal
Spectre doesn't work the whole blinking a person out of existance. Its been part of his character from almost the beginning. He does a more hands on approach. He's theatrical in his approach. He makes sure the villain suffers in the must "JUST DESSERTS" sort of way.

Space M ummy
Spectre was manipulated by Eclipso and as a result took the fistfighting method to eliminate all magic. Even though he could have willed everybody out but didn't doesn't take away from his ability to do so. As was shown, Spectre is still a beast without using the "will em out" technique.

There's no indication anywhere that THAT version of Spectre had anywhere close to the amount of power to reshape an entire universe using pure force of will.

The CCU's do, and have. They can even control time as to prevent events from ever coming to pass.

This version of the Spectre is outclassed. The Spectre with the full backing of the presence is a totally different story.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Space M ummy

Yeah but would just reshaping the universe do away with Spectre?

I hate the going back in time method to produce a win on the vs. boards.

Maybe so but just how/what could Steve do to get rid of him.

Space M ummy
Yeah but would just reshaping the universe do away with Spectre?

Why not? If the holder of the CCU wanted "no more spectre" then yes, yes it would. Or the holder could simply depower him, grant himself more raw power than spectre...etc.

Thanos with a CCU merged himself with "everything that was" and became near-omnipotent in the process. The spectre is..well...not quite on that level.

hate it or not, a CCU is capable of doing that, and more.

Whatever his mind desires, apparently. Universal scale reality warping is a big freaking deal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.