Could Superman survive a million exploding suns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sarutobi700
Could Superman survive a million exploding suns? Basically this is Supes vs Sentry's supposed power if it were true. I think not, he could even survive 1, what do you guys think

Gecko4lif
As long as they arent red

batdude123
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
As long as they arent red

Bingo.

Soljer
Originally posted by batdude123
Bingo.

Co-Co-Co-Co-Co-Co-signed.

Kutulu
If they were all yellow suns, he would become exponentially stronger.

Red, exponentially weaker. If all mixed together, probably, given that there would be some yellow mixed in there.

Kurash
yes

Harry Fingerman
Couldn't Superdaddio be overloaded?

And, in response to this thread... Damnit!

Sarutobi700
Well considering that u use ur brain only red suns explode

batdude123
Originally posted by Sarutobi700
Well considering that u use ur brain only red suns explode

Wrong.

Badabing
Could Superman survive a million exploding suns? Basically this is Supes vs Sentry's supposed power if it were true. I think not, he could even survive 1, what do you guys think This thread = dur

Sarutobi700
Originally posted by batdude123
Wrong.

How am i wrong...proof please

Harry Fingerman
How am i wrong...proof please Pwned!

Symmetric Chaos
What is it about that Spiderman Avy?

batdude123

Look up the definition of "nova."

Sarutobi700
A nova is an event when a red sun blows up

willRules
Originally posted by Kutulu
If they were all yellow suns, he would become exponentially stronger.

Is there not a point where he would overload and die??? confused

Soljer
Originally posted by willRules

As far as we know in the mainstream DCU? No.

Gecko4lif
being in the core of a sun for 15k years didnt do it so why would this....

Estacado
Sentry wins.

Harry Fingerman
being in the core of a sun for 15k years didnt do it so why would this.... But this time, it's all at once.

It would be like eating a 10 pound steak in one sitting, vs eating one over the course of a couple days.

Gecko4lif
we could work this out mathematically you know

15k years in the core of a sun vs The amount of time it takes a star to exsplode ^1000000 (it would actually be 1 but for the sake of arguement)

Harry Fingerman
we could work this out mathematically you know

15k years in the core of a sun vs The amount of time it takes a star to exsplode ^1000000 (it would actually be 1 but for the sake of arguement) Common sense works better. smile

Plus... wat?

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
Common sense works better. smile

common sense doesnt extent to comics

Harry Fingerman
common sense doesnt extent to comics Neither does mathematical equations.

Also, do you know how energy would be given off if one million suns exploded at once?
Me neither, but I know it would be a f*cking lot.

Hell, Galactus got full off of one nova's energies (and a couple planets).
I'm pretty damn sure Galactus>>>>>Superman in absorption properties.
Superman would be so overloaded it's not even funny... hell, I'd go so far as to say death.

But, of course that's irrelevant in dealing with Sentry.

Gecko4lif
Neither does mathematical equations.

Hell of alot more then common sense

If i did a bit of research i could get a ballpark figure.

They arent the same thing. Galactus feeds off energy so he is like a stomach.
Superman is enhanced by the sun so he is more like a muscle.

Even if he died (which i would doubt highly) hasnt the past taought you supes never says dead....

Exactly

batdude123
A nova is an event when a red sun blows up

Try again.

"A nova is a cataclysmic nuclear explosion caused by the accretion of hydrogen onto the surface of a white dwarf star."

Harry Fingerman
Hell of alot more then common sense Not really.

If i did a bit of research i could get a ballpark figure.
Still doesn't mean Superman could do it.

They arent the same thing. Galactus feeds off energy so he is like a stomach.
Superman is enhanced by the sun so he is more like a muscle. Galactus gets stronger from the more energy he absorbs.
Superman grows stronger from the more sunlight he absorbs.

Galactus grows weaker from not having energy.
Superman grows weaker from not having sunlight.

Hmm...

Also, Galactus eats a planet full of energy at a time.
Superman doesn't. Superman gets continuous energy fed through him all the time.

Galactus is used to huge bursts of energy going through him.
Superman isn't.

Galactus can absorb more than Superman, and if Galactus gets full off of one nova and a couple planets, then how in the f*ck is Superman going to withstand one million suns going off in his face?

Plus, Galactus absorbed all of the suns energy. A lot of years in the sun still doesn't mean he absorbed what would be equal to a nova.

Even if he died (which i would doubt highly) hasnt the past taought you supes never says dead.... That is completely irrelevant.
If he died, he died. It doesn't matter if he Jesus-rises; he died.

Exactly Perhaps.

Gecko4lif

Galactus gets stronger from the more energy he absorbs.
Superman grows stronger from the more sunlight he absorbs.

Galactus grows weaker from not having energy.
Superman grows weaker from not having sunlight.

Galactus eats more then actually abosorbing. And galactus will die if he doesnt. Superman wont. He will just become a little less then average human.

Yeah......

Because planet with life provide fake fullness to Galactus. This has already been exsplained. It is also the reason he needs to feed more and more often as apposed to before when he could go centuries between meals.

This i might have to concede on. It demands more thought.

Harry Fingerman
Galactus eats more then actually abosorbing. And galactus will die if he doesnt. Superman wont. He will just become a little less then average human. Yet, he absorbs energy.

Just because one dies, and the other doesn't, doesn't make it different enough to say it's actually 'different'.

Because planet with life provide fake fullness to Galactus. This has already been exsplained. It is also the reason he needs to feed more and more often as apposed to before when he could go centuries between meals. 'Galactus the Devourer' happened in 2000, I believe. The thing I'm talking about, happened in '88-'89. That's a good 11 year difference. Plus, by the time Galactus's mini-series came out, Galactus was only eating the life force of the people, and leaving the planet behind. Plus, he also had to eat right after he did this.

Also, when Galactus ate the energies from the nova, and the planets, there was no life force on them, so...

This i might have to concede on. It demands more thought. Perhaps.

Violent2Dope
I wonder if anyone has noticed the 1st choice in the poll?

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
I wonder if anyone has noticed the 1st choice in the poll? laughing out loud

HueyFreeman
I gather that the reason for this thread is ABC logic
A- "Superman can't survive a million exploding suns"
B- "Sentry has the power of a millions exploding suns"
C- "Sentry can beat Superman"

Hey I have one too

A. "Superman can't survive a Death Stroke" wink
B. "Deathstrokes name is Death Stroke"
C. "Deathstroke greater than Superman

h1a8
If a mere human can contain the power of a million exploding suns in his body then why can't a kryptonian? I think Superman won't be overloaded.

Creshosk

http://www.superdickery.com/stupor/2.html

nvrbeenwthagirl
This thread fails. Sentry sure as hell didn't have the power of a million exploding suns when Ultron was kicking his ass. does Ultron now have the power of 1 million and one Exploding suns? GTFO. Who's to say if Superman survives or not. Sun light increases his durability. The more sunlight, the stronger his durability. The sun's exploding might just actually power him up to survive thier own onslaught. It would be like trying to Over Load Thor with Odin magic. WTF.

Astner
A million exploding suns, that's awefully close to a galaxy busting attack, or at least a major part of a galaxy.
But Superman have survived worse in Silver Age so ...

psycho gundam
even if he does survive, were is he going to go to find food, water, sun light, and air? he wont be able to see anything(no light) and forget about
breathing.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by psycho gundam
even if he does survive, were is he going to go to find food, water, sun light, and air? he wont be able to see anything(no light) and forget about
breathing.

I just know you are not serious. confused

The Great Galen
Regardless, he takes it easily. For all we know, he would effortlessly asbored the energy from these million exploding suns into himself.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I just know you are not serious. confused

explain......

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Astner
A million exploding suns, that's awefully close to a galaxy busting attack, or at least a major part of a galaxy.
But Superman have survived worse in Silver Age so ...
Current superman has asborbed half a galaxy destroying blast of anti-sunlight...silver age supes wouldnt even flinch.

Creshosk
So is anyone going to point out the sun eater feat from back in 91?

Ya know, the little fact that he DID survive "a million exploding suns"?

Or even the meggadon Warhead exploding? you know the galaxy destorying meggadon warhead?

Oh and Reported sarutobi for trolling. *point to poll answers*

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Creshosk
So is anyone going to point out the sun eater feat from back in 91?

Ya know, the little fact that he DID survive "a million exploding suns"?

Or even the meggadon Warhead exploding? you know the galaxy destorying meggadon warhead?

Oh and Reported sarutobi for trolling. *point to poll answers*
I already did point out the meggadonsmile.

Doctor-Alvis
Hey... those poll options seem a little jilted. And I think I accidentally voted for Pat Buchanan.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Hey... those poll options seem a little jilted. And I think I accidentally voted for Pat Buchanan.
odd i voted for colbert

Creshosk
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
I already did point out the meggadonsmile. I felt like it was worth mentioning again. but yes you did right above my post. thumb up

Erik-Lensherr
Sentry's power is more like a hyperbole based on his showings up until now.

vlaaad12345
Im still waiting for the''im a troll and my attempts to hype sentry and degrade supermans power has failed''option.

Creshosk
Im still waiting for the''im a troll and my attempts to hype sentry and degrade supermans power has failed''option. More like the''im a troll and my latest attempts to degrade supermans power has failed"

Somehow I think this is still part of their Goku vs Superman campaign.

Hell they even had one of their recruits from the Narutoforums name himself gokuvssuperman. He was already banned as GPlex for bashing a mod though. but socking isn't a new trick for them.

vlaaad12345
Ah yes...they never will stop with the superman vs goku.....they think that goku could take silver age supes and superman prime...its kinda sad.

Creshosk
Ah yes...they never will stop with the superman vs goku.....they think that goku could take silver age supes and superman prime...its kinda sad. I have yet to see them state goku losing to anyone.

Pyron, a guy who can be large enough to wear galaxies as rings will be taken out by a planet busting shot from Goku.

They even think Goku could take out LT...

Kutulu
I have yet to see them state goku losing to anyone.

Pyron, a guy who can be large enough to wear galaxies as rings will be taken out by a planet busting shot from Goku.

They even think Goku could take out LT...

If you look at the anime and all of it's non-canon movies, Goku would be placed at above skyfather level towards the end. Look at movie 12 for instance (non-canon of course), Janenba sealed off all of the realms and trapped the dimensional rulers inside - the equivilant of sealing off Asgard, Mephisto's realm, Surtur's realm, Dormammu's realm, etc., simultaneously altering the reality of the different realms themselves as if it was child's play, and he was defeated by Gojeta in SSJ1 form.

Then you got the incident where he looks like he's struggling to hold up a building. Wild plot inconsistencies makes it too hard to accurately gauge his power, topped off with his ability to alter his power level (which goes against traditional comic books where heroes are at a set power level and stay there constantly). So because of that, it allows fanboys to say that Goku is capable of beating down interdimensional threats on par with Arch-Enemy, and fighting at hundreds of times the speed of light on Namek, yet somehow manages to have trouble holding up a building.

To compound the problem even further the writer himself stated they fought faster than light, and the English translation and filler episodes changes the story beyond what the writer intended, and you have a character who is just impossible to debate one way or the other. If you combined all of English translated anime episodes and added in the movies as well (which are non-canon to the manga), then Goku appears billions of times more powerful than what was shown in the manga.

This is why the arguments over Goku are neverending and will never have a resolution one way or the other.

Creshosk
If you look at the anime and all of it's non-canon movies, Goku would be placed at above skyfather level towards the end. Look at movie 12 for instance (non-canon of course), Janenba sealed off all of the realms and trapped the dimensional rulers inside - the equivilant of sealing off Asgard, Mephisto's realm, Surtur's realm, Dormammu's realm, etc., simultaneously altering the reality of the different realms themselves as if it was child's play, and he was defeated by Gojeta in SSJ1 form.

Then you got the incident where he looks like he's struggling to hold up a building. Wild plot inconsistencies makes it too hard to accurately gauge his power, topped off with his ability to alter his power level (which goes against traditional comic books where heroes are at a set power level and stay there constantly). So because of that, it allows fanboys to say that Goku is capable of beating down interdimensional threats on par with Arch-Enemy, and fighting at hundreds of times the speed of light on Namek, yet somehow manages to have trouble holding up a building.

To compound the problem even further the writer himself stated they fought faster than light, and the English translation and filler episodes changes the story beyond what the writer intended, and you have a character who is just impossible to debate one way or the other. If you combined all of English translated anime episodes and added in the movies as well (which are non-canon to the manga), then Goku appears billions of times more powerful than what was shown in the manga.

This is why the arguments over Goku are neverending and will never have a resolution one way or the other.

And in non-canon Wolverine slew the likes oh hulk, magneto, apocalypse, classic juggernaut... And lost to Maggy neato ... there's a reason we don't use non-canon feats.

Nomal little girl> Marvel Universe erm

Kutulu
And in non-canon Wolverine slew the likes oh hulk, magneto, apocalypse, classic juggernaut... And lost to Maggy neato ... there's a reason we don't use non-canon feats.

Nomal little girl> Marvel Universe erm

Yeah that's why I felt like ripping my issues of Last Planet Standing and throwing them in the fireplace. Reed Richards inventing a device that caused the Living Tribunal's energies to backfire on him? Silver Surfer and Galactus merging to become a giant Galactus on a surfboard? ARGH mad

D-Block
If these are yellow suns then I guess Supes would be powered up.

Gecko4lif
Yeah that's why I felt like ripping my issues of Last Planet Standing and throwing them in the fireplace. Reed Richards inventing a device that caused the Living Tribunal's energies to backfire on him? Silver Surfer and Galactus merging to become a giant Galactus on a surfboard? ARGH mad
Silver galactus = pwnage

Hannibal-Lector
15k Years in a sun doesnt = 1 nova. A nova releases in a single moments time 50k-100k x the energy the sun would release in 1 year. If it s a super nova, its 10 billion times the amount it would increase... Also, in order for a star to explode it either has to be a white dwarf or red giant, ruling out any "yellow stars" which simply collapse on themselves. So the answer is no....

Creshosk
Originally posted by Hannibal-Lector
15k Years in a sun doesnt = 1 nova. A nova releases in a single moments time 50k-100k x the energy the sun would release in 1 year. If it s a super nova, its 10 billion times the amount it would increase... Also, in order for a star to explode it either has to be a white dwarf or red giant, ruling out any "yellow stars" which simply collapse on themselves. So the answer is no....

Superman surviving the destruction of a sun eater at ground zero. The sun eater is an enormously energetic cloud that literally eats both the energy and mass of whole stars. The sun eater was considerably larger than a star, had been in existence for millenia and had consumed the energy of many stars by travelling from galaxy to galaxy.
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/7467/09122005080012pm3uo.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/4746/09122005080419pm3ri.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/7775/durability49cp.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/851/durability11pn.jpg

How do people say no, to things he's already done?

Simple, they've never read a superman comic, just like the vvendetta troll in the superman section.

The answer is yes, he's done it before.

Ouallada
The answer is we don't know. We COULD draw off AS superman to say that he would not, but my guess is that he would survive if it happened in comics. Logically, he would have a limit though.

Oh, Sentry loses.

Juntai
Yeah that's why I felt like ripping my issues of Last Planet Standing and throwing them in the fireplace. Reed Richards inventing a device that caused the Living Tribunal's energies to backfire on him? Silver Surfer and Galactus merging to become a giant Galactus on a surfboard? ARGH mad Except that one is canon, to the MC2 Universe.

Sirius77

Because

Sirius77

Because White Dwarfs explode depending on whether or not the are high or low mass stars to begin with.

Also, this is comic book physics we're taking about. Galaxies can explode.

Sirius77

No. Look at All-star. He stayed in the sun for over a thousand years and became a cosmic abstract, or high skyfather at least.

Sirius77

Also, do you know how energy would be given off if one million suns exploded at once?

Superman would be so overloaded it's not even funny... hell, I'd go so far as to say death.

Actually, one Supernova is equivalent to the brightness of every visible star is the sky.

Look it up.

Sirius77

Also, about the Galactus thing. He absorbs the thermal energy of planets to sustain himself. In comparison to one sun, several thousand planets isn't really that much. Galactus can absorb more than he does, but he doesn't. So just because Galactus chooses not to absorb more, doesn't mean that Superman can't.

Sirius77
Originally posted by psycho gundam
explain......

Superman can control his breathing. He can stay in space as long as he needs to.

Superman doesn't need to eat, so long as he is supplied with sufficient solar energy, i.e., one million exploding suns. He should never have to eat again. He might even jump above skyfather level.

Also, Superman has been known to fly from Earth to Oa (the center of the universe) in minutes, so he won't have any trouble finding a planet or another sun, thugh he wouldn't need either.

Sirius77
Originally posted by Ouallada
The answer is we don't know. We COULD draw off AS superman to say that he would not, but my guess is that he would survive if it happened in comics. Logically, he would have a limit though.

Oh, Sentry loses.

Did you not see the scans directly above you that prove you wrong?

Sirius77
Superman survived the sun eater.

Ouallada
Originally posted by Sirius77
Did you not see the scans directly above you that prove you wrong?

Did I also not say that if it happened in a comic, he would probably survive?

How many suns did said sun-eater consume? Did the energy release = total of all the energy consumed? What effect did superman's suit have on the outcome?

I admit freely that I am not as familiar with this feat as you may be, but how about showing how the two situations we are talking about are equivalent instead of insisting that you are right?

MightyEInherjar
Of course Superman can be overloaded...isn't that pretty much the idea of AS Superman?

pr1983
Closing what is obviously a spite thread...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.